Colossus Fractal - do not fall!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Anyone else experience this?

I had the hammer during this fractal, (level 30 difficulty) and at some point I fell with it. Died of course. I respawned but the hammer didn’t. I was told everyone had to jump and die at once, then no one was to res until the respawn at checkpoint prompt came up. It never did.

The instance owner stayed in while the rest of us went to character selection. A few things happened then:
-2 of us reloaded in and were able to respawn at checkpoint.
-2 of us reloaded in and were not able to respawn. 1 of these got moved to where we were and we’re able to res him. 1 was not.
-the instance owner was still stuck.
-the hammer respawned, but it did so twice, so now we have two hammers we can use independently.

Eventually, those that were stuck relogged and were able to get back up finally. This whole process only took moments (just loading times) but was very awkward.

I’m assuming this is a bug, and not a feature. Is there any fix to this sort of behavior in the future?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

It happend to me the other day .. the hammer just dissapeared and
We had to suicide to get it back . And it’s bugged because even
after the whole group suicide , you won’t be able to respawn sometimes.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

It’s been like that since FotM was first introduced. Just be careful when you’re running with the hammer. And like all other dungeon bugs in this game, you can expect a fix sometime before the release of GW3.

Zelendel

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

GW3 ? I hope they will get rid of the " casual concept " in GW3 . I want gw1 back with the combat system and graphics of gw2 .

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Yeah that happend to me also one time, but the suicide trick fixed the issue. Can only dream of a gw3 that has improved server tech, that reduces the class balance threads on forumes down to 90% and uses something like an Unreal Engine 4 or similar.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

It was actually much worse before the “Reset to nearest checkpoint” was implemented on individual deaths. That time, the whole team had to suicide to reset.

I remembered once when 1 of our teammates fell and got stuck in some weird terrain during a low level run (I was leveling an alt). We had to team wipe to retrieve that teammate and 1 newbie was refusing to wipe despite our explanation (no insults). After about 5 mins, he finally said “I refuse to follow your instructions to exploit”, proceeded to leave the party and block me. -_-;

That fract could be made better ofc, there have always been some issues to the way encounters are reset on wipe. But there has been some improvement and at least now it is acceptable to me.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

if the current behavior is acceptable I’d hate to see anything worse.

someone please fix this behavior. I shouldn’t have to “break the game” to do something I’ve been intended to do. You don’t have to turn off your system every time you want mario to jump.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

I deemed it as acceptable based on the comparison with the past versions. If you experienced what it was like, you will probably appreciate what it is like now. And as I said, improvements can still be made and at least now it is, in comparison, playable.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Fixes for dungeons are not exactly a priority in this game. At least thats what I can deduce from the lack of updates to existing dungeons.

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

A guy got knocked out of the plataform by those heads in the wall, and the hammer was literally flying. We could not get it, and had to wipe so it could appear next to the checkpoint.
Even though I don’t have the screenshot, I reported the bug

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I learned the first day I tried that fractal that warriors whirlwind is NOT a good idea. enough said.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It’s been like that since FotM was first introduced. Just be careful when you’re running with the hammer. And like all other dungeon bugs in this game, you can expect a fix sometime before the release of GW3.

It’s a shame bug fixes in featured permanent content don’t take priority as a “core part of the world” ANET is strengthening according to their previously announced plans for the future of gw2.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: LuRkEr.9462

LuRkEr.9462

Did any of you go back to the beginning after dropping it? We always go back in groups and get a new one.. the hammer respawns where the first boss dies.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Fixes for dungeons are not exactly a priority in this game. At least thats what I can deduce from the lack of updates to existing dungeons.