Compensation for fractal level reset

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pinkey Flowery.7018

Pinkey Flowery.7018

I was thinking about the old QP ladder that ANet used to have for PvP. When that ended they gave each person on the ladder a title depending on where they stood. So, a proposition. Since I doubt ANet will renege on their announcement to the carebears, would you be satisfied with a title that would be unattainable once the update goes live?

Something like PRL:

80+ Legend of the _ _ _ _
70-79 Champion of the _ _ _ _
60-69 Elite of the _ _ _ _
51-59 Veteran of the _ _ _ _

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is a cool idea. I’d support this, but I would like the people who have the levels opinions, as I certainly couldn’t speak for them.
I wouldn’t get a title, but I think it would be awesome for those people who worked hard.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I guess, but I still think anybody over 30 should be rewarded.

I stopped at 48, because we were told that eventually we could progress further. I waited like a good little boy, and now they just reset to 30.

If 50+ wants some kind of title, that’s fine, but I think 31-49+ should get a reward based on what level they were during reset.

RIP in peace Robert

Lilith Ajit.6173

I guess, but I still think anybody over 30 should be rewarded.

I stopped at 48, because we were told that eventually we could progress further. I waited like a good little boy, and now they just reset to 30.

If 50+ wants some kind of title, that’s fine, but I think 31-49+ should get a reward based on what level they were during reset.

Aw, Ethics, for the first time I disagree with you. 30-49 is not hard. I think 50+ should get rewards based on what level they were. It would be cool for me to get something for the small amount of levels, but it’s the 50-80 runners who are really getting the brunt of the injustice.

I’m not trying to devalue 30-49, I’m only at 42, but it’s just… Not that hard.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Kresa.1859

Kresa.1859

How about the people that instead of going for level 80 , went for level 50 on other alts??
me for example got 7 proffesions on fractal level 50 which all will be reduced to 30 and made acount bound and removed the possibility to do daily 7 times. The time spent for getting this and now removing it so easly…. it hurts very badly !

Ethics.4519

Aw, Ethics, for the first time I disagree with you. 30-49 is not hard. I think 50+ should get rewards based on what level they were. It would be cool for me to get something for the small amount of levels, but it’s the 50-80 runners who are really getting the brunt of the injustice.

When did I ever say it was hard? And why is compensation only for something that is hard.

It was time invested regardless of difficulty. I already agreed that 50+ should also get a reward, but anet never really intended for people to progress past 50 (yet). I’m not declaring it an exploit, just saying it wasn’t intended.

People who invested time into getting to the ‘soft cap’ and waiting patiently, have nothing more to show than those that casually got to 30.

RIP in peace Robert

Lilith Ajit.6173

When did I ever say it was hard? And why is compensation only for something that is hard.

It was time invested regardless of difficulty. I already agreed that 50+ should also get a reward, but anet never really intended for people to progress past 50 (yet). I’m not declaring it an exploit, just saying it wasn’t intended.

People who invested time into getting to the ‘soft cap’ and waiting patiently, have nothing more to show than those that casually got to 30.

I just don’t think that anet will consider it reasonable for every single person above 30 to get compensated as it isn’t impressive and doesn’t represent that much time spent.

[ARES]

Posted by: ReizVolle.5137

ReizVolle.5137

So New players can get to 30 in about a week or 2 of heavy play. While others invest lots of time for the personal satisfaction of reaching the hard cap of fractals (80) and of course the end rewards such as those coming out. No real update (except of ninja fixes) with fractals for, what, 10 months? And now a complete change of the original system and a reset because of LEADERBOARDS? I’m pretty sure my pvp RANK LEVEL did not reset as system updates were install within the rank system, but my Fractal level has to? I would like to start off with running any level I want. Maybe with the new changes, 30 will be difficult… so maybe I would like to run a level 40…. With probably 1000 hours invested in Fractals, and basically level 80, along with many others, we basically get kitten on? " Oh because you kept doing Fractals cause you liked them so much and didn’t give up to the challenges that we had originally made fractals for, you get your level reduced!. Yay!" How long have we been getting S**T rewards? Have we stopped? Some got sick of waiting and waiting… “New fractal coming soon….” and others kept at it. I guess it was my own fault, this lesson has taught me not to try to advance in any aspect in the game, but to find a nice patch of grass and graze…. and be an obedient and happy…. “Moo”

Attachments:

Posted by: Jul.5694

Jul.5694

A title is not enough, we need a real compensation.
I played 8month to get fractal lvl 74 (I’m play not often), it was the only pve difficulty in game if they get me lvl 30 without any gift I will stop game instantly

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

I see a lot of “I am special snowflake! I demand I be recognized!” going on.
1. This is a game, not a job. If you “WORKED” for it, that is on you.
2. Play the game for fun. If it is no longer fun, don’t play.
3. High level fractals WAS its own reward.
4. The fun you had, you had. No one can take that away from you.

Posted by: Kresa.1859

Kresa.1859

the players are customers that payed for a service, and customers can demend stuff if they aint happy , and the company needs to handle the complains one way or another for making the customers happier , which will result in customers shoping again . GG

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Well, you already got rewarded by doing those levels, however I feel for those with reward level of 80, as after lv 48 it’s not really that rewarding to get any further.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Guys stop being so entitled. You already got good rewards from 80.

- Yours, “I have barely reached scale 10”-Reddit players

Ethics.4519

I just don’t think that anet will consider it reasonable for every single person above 30 to get compensated as it isn’t impressive and doesn’t represent that much time spent.

Time is time regardless of how valuable you personally think it is.

Just because you think anet won’t consider it reasonable doesn’t mean the player base can’t ask for it.

RIP in peace Robert

Lilith Ajit.6173

Time is time regardless of how valuable you personally think it is.

Just because you think anet won’t consider it reasonable doesn’t mean the player base can’t ask for it.

I just think they’re going to continue to not listen to us if we make unreasonable requests about this. I would rather see the people who worked hard to get a good reward than see us get something small and probably meaningless at their expense. I just don’t think that I, or anyone only in their 40s or below, can really complain. We aren’t really losing anything. We didn’t use res orbs, we didn’t go out of our way to stretch our skills to points where anet thought it impossible. They did. They deserve something for that.

[ARES]

Ethics.4519

I just think they’re going to continue to not listen to us if we make unreasonable requests about this. I would rather see the people who worked hard to get a good reward than see us get something small and probably meaningless at their expense. I just don’t think that I, or anyone only in their 40s or below, can really complain. We aren’t really losing anything. We didn’t use res orbs, we didn’t go out of our way to stretch our skills to points where anet thought it impossible. They did. They deserve something for that.

That’s fine and that’s your opinion. It doesn’t mean my opinion is any less valued.

My time is valuable to me and I would like to see compensation for it. I also never stated that I should receive the same compensation at somebody at 80.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: ReizVolle.5137

ReizVolle.5137

Ya.. killing Maw at lvl 80 and getting that bonus chest, eh?…Ya You know ^ This guy. Right here

Lilith Ajit.6173

That’s fine and that’s your opinion. It doesn’t mean my opinion is any less valued.

My time is valuable to me and I would like to see compensation for it. I also never stated that I should receive the same compensation at somebody at 80.

Ethics… We got level based rewards for ALL of our fractals. They got crap level 40 rewards for ALL of their fractals over 49, despite it being more difficult. That is not an opinion.

[ARES]

Wethospu.6437

Ya.. killing Maw at lvl 80 and getting that bonus chest, eh?…Ya You know ^ This guy. Right here

Me:

Actually your opinion gets less valid if you lack required experience. With just up to scale 10 you haven’t really seen the difficulty (maybe that’s why you want to equate it with champ farming).

He:

It actually doesn’t; that’s a logical fallacy called appeal to accomplishment.

Posted by: Nosoyelarty.7268

Nosoyelarty.7268

So imagine you are one of these guys getting a cool title, would you wear it pride?

Serious question lol

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

So imagine you are one of these guys getting a cool title, would you wear it pride?

Serious question lol

I’d rather wear my Champ Illusionist title tbh.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

So would it be cool to reset the entire game? Many things have changed since beta and early adopters have an unfair advantage from TP trading to Achievement Leaderboards. So they really should just reset the whole game and no one should care that they need to start over and all that playtime is erased, because they can’t take away the fun we had.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

So would it be cool to reset the entire game? Many things have changed since beta and early adopters have an unfair advantage from TP trading to Achievement Leaderboards. So they really should just reset the whole game and no one should care that they need to start over and all that playtime is erased, because they can’t take away the fun we had.

I would vote for reset the whole game for unfair competition to new players & new contents introduced.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

So New players can get to 30 in about a week or 2 of heavy play. While others invest lots of time for the personal satisfaction of reaching the hard cap of fractals (80) and of course the end rewards such as those coming out. No real update (except of ninja fixes) with fractals for, what, 10 months? And now a complete change of the original system and a reset because of LEADERBOARDS? I’m pretty sure my pvp RANK LEVEL did not reset as system updates were install within the rank system, but my Fractal level has to? I would like to start off with running any level I want. Maybe with the new changes, 30 will be difficult… so maybe I would like to run a level 40…. With probably 1000 hours invested in Fractals, and basically level 80, along with many others, we basically get kitten on? " Oh because you kept doing Fractals cause you liked them so much and didn’t give up to the challenges that we had originally made fractals for, you get your level reduced!. Yay!" How long have we been getting S**T rewards? Have we stopped? Some got sick of waiting and waiting… “New fractal coming soon….” and others kept at it. I guess it was my own fault, this lesson has taught me not to try to advance in any aspect in the game, but to find a nice patch of grass and graze…. and be an obedient and happy…. “Moo”

Maybe you should afk fractals more. I heard its awesome. Getting carried like a boss.

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Ethics… We got level based rewards for ALL of our fractals. They got crap level 40 rewards for ALL of their fractals over 49, despite it being more difficult. That is not an opinion.

You can still compensate both parties since both parties are having their levels removed, negating the time and effort put into both accomplishments.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

bravo the second time fractals players get shafted, this is for all the survivors of the first quit-wave, who will survive the second tsunami of casualization?

although i don’t think there should be some compensation, i find the whole 180 to be a kitten move they should’ve at least informed everyone one year ago, oh wait… they never had these plans. very very very very amateuristic

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

He’s right especially before the reward update… I really have gotten mutiple Greens out of the Level 80 chest at maw… it’s just not fair for the rest of the Playerbase that I have gotten 3 Greens + 15 fractal relics ( witch I would get on 50 already) to scale 80 Maw chest were I have to use 2 rez orbs to survive the agony.. cause nobody told me I am exploiting using an ingame item and mechanic to advance. and I am super happy that already back than a dev confirmed that they didn’t intend us to get to 80 as you can see where he answered my question: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractals-cap-80/page/2#post1899286

On top of that I actually got an increased reward Level wich alowed me to Play hard Content. completly worth it.. ok well the increased reward Level and Karma gain are removed but heyy… at least the rest is worth it

first scale 81 fractals

Wethospu.6437

Yes, and I personally think you should return those greens to the Maw.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I tried but than my Group told me that this is an EXPLOIT so I decided to destroy em to not get banned.

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

I tried but than my Group told me that this is an EXPLOIT so I decided to destroy em to not get banned.

That’s also an exploit. Playing the game is an exploit

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

That’s also an exploit. Playing the game is an exploit

Dealing damage to mobs is considered an exploit these days.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The first wave that reached level 80 should have the title, “Saved By The Rock”.
The next wave will be, “Carried by Search and Rescue”.
Next will be, “At Least There’s Revive Orbs”.
The last wave of titles will be, “Boosted All The Way to 80”.

If you don’t know what any of this mean, then you probably don’t know the history of how players bypassed the Maw’s 1172% Agony.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

The first wave that reached level 80 should have the title, “Saved By The Rock”.
The next wave will be, “Carried by Search and Rescue”.
Next will be, “At Least There’s Revive Orbs”.
The last wave of titles will be, “Boosted All The Way to 80”.

If you don’t know what any of this mean, then you probably don’t know the history of how players bypassed the Maw’s 1172% Agony.

Yes, because it’s the maw agony that made it harder than champion farming.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Yes, because it’s the maw agony that made it harder than champion farming.

I dunno about you but I found 50+ Fractals to be pretty mindless with a few Guardians and spamming Ash Legion Spy Kits.

haviz.1340

I dunno about you but I found 50+ Fractals to be pretty mindless with a few Guardians and spamming Ash Legion Spy Kits.

And that’s why my team decided to use 0 guardians and spy kits were already nerfed. Some people like to challenge themselves, it might be difficult concept in this game where zerging and afking is rewarded.

Anyway, let’s see how mindless new scales will be, especially with few guardians which is the common “solve-all-the-problems” solution — can’t beat shaman, let’s swap to guardians.

haviz.1340

Sorry but the real pros solo Fractals of the Mists at scale 80 with no gear and Traits. Anyone who doesn’t do that is just taking the mindless easy-mode way out.

I see you lack the arguments.