Completing Arah Explorable: the Lore (minor spoiler)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Me and my guild just cleared the Muursat route of the explorable dungeon of arah. It was fun, difficult and not at all broken in places, so overall a rousing success.

However that covers the most important aspect, the gameplay. After that, I would like to draw serious criticism to the story that is told.

The most exciting moment for me in this game was entering into the dungeons explorable mode entrance; for those avoiding spoilers, avoid here!
You are faced with the line choose which elder race to learn about. Read that again, because thats a key point of this complaint. You are also faced with Ogden! Awesome.

So after 3 hours of awesome play and teamwork, we kill the final boss. Each and every other boss before that had merely promised that revelations would occur later, and nothing interesting was provided on the way. Hopes were high for major reveals at the final boss fight.

Nothing. A massive let down. The route leader tells you before you set off some key new information: the muursat hid from the elder dragons selfishly, in a half-world away from Tyria. After their slumber ended, they would return to rule. All this is given at the start before you encounter any combat, and should be seen as a primer for not so lore savvy players trying to keep up.

What are you given at the end?

“Amazing. These artifacts reveal the full story.” Ho boy you are excited already.
“The races gathered together to fight the dragons, each contributing something.” Ha brilliant.
“Hmm. Yet the mursaat took their knowledge and fled into a half-world, out of phase with our own”. Right. Great, knew that but ok.
“They would have let the rest of the world die just to save themselves. Huh. Just like the Inquest.”
End. Dungeon reward, and a prompt to leave…

Utterly dissappointed; can Ree or Geoff indicate if this is really what they intended for players who care about the history? Is the instance bugged? Am I missing something, perhaps secrets along the route that must be discovered indepently?

Has anyone else experienced something similar or different to my experience. Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Yeah, the other routes are like that as well. Well, except maybe Seer – idk, it bugged about 5 hours in and I’m not running it again ’til I get 100% confirmation it works.

Posted by: Thaetus.6954

Thaetus.6954

3 hours of Jotun route to have a ridiculously long run back to the 4th boss fun times :S I understand they don’t want us to graveyard zerg it but come oooooooon make the run back a little shorter!

Posted by: Gies.3824

Gies.3824

What bugged for you in seer path?

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Simin, High Priestess of Dwayna. Always disappears at half health, regardless of how much health she regenerated during her disappearing phase. We got the sparks in line in ~7 seconds once, she showed up with 60% health. Burst her down, she disappeared again at 50% health. Next time we took a bit longer, she was at 80%-ish health. Repeat damage, she disappears at 50% health again. Sparks bug in pathing the third time – proceed to flip table. Repeat this entire scenario 4x times and you have my ‘This boss is bugged’ claim.

Renegade.6325

Any more thoughts?

Renegade.6325

Just did this again and cant help but be disappointed still..

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Well, you also phase out to fight the final boss
But it actually tells us something, although raises more questions than gives answers. It tells us, possibly, why the Mursaat in GW1 are invisible. It makes us think why Ascension lets the Chosen see the Mursaat – becoming ‘closer to the Gods’ lets people see through the veil and become aware of those who still are, to some degree, phased out?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I was also very interested in following the story in the Arah dungeon, until I found out that it doesn’t really tell me anything… quite the disappointment.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?