Consolidated Issues with 2/26 Colossus

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Maestro.5376

Maestro.5376

So after reading the replies in the other thread, and going through the dungeon to verify myself what was/wasn’t happening, I’d like to create a new thread with a nicely-structured first post to inform Robert and the rest of the dev team issues that may have arisen with the well-intentioned (and slightly buggy) new Colossus Rumblus encounter.

Here are the issues identified so far:

1. Warmaster Grast does not properly erect the shielding bubble when Colossus Rumblus Induces Seismic Activity.

2. Warmaster Grast does not rez with your party upon a wipe, and upon resurrecting he will immediately return to attacking Colossus Rumblus without healing to full health.

3. Warmaster Grast’s attacks have a long casting time, which may result in him casting during Colossus Rumblus’ “Rocks Fall, everyone dies” attack. If the party is unfortunate enough that a rock falls on Grast’s head, he will be knocked down continuously and be unable to cast his shielding bubble.

4. Warmaster Grast does not have Stability, leaving him unable to recover and properly cast his shielding bubble if knocked down during Induce Seismic Activity.

5. Warmaster Grast has relatively low HP and thus will become downed easily. This is compounded by the fact that he will not attempt to dodge falling rocks and cannot cast his shielding bubble while knocked down, making him susceptible to dying if he does not put the bubble up immediately.

6. Colosus Rumblus’ Seismic Activity cannot currently be interrupted.

I hope that’s all the issues! I’ll add more if any crop up, but this seems to be the heart of the issue. All in all, I feel like the change was refreshing and welcome, if only these few kinks could be worked out.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

CR’s rumble can be interrupted, it’s just based on luck/rng. sometimes it works, sometimes not. usually the first try works, then he gets defiant, which we strip away, then we try to interrupt again, no effect, defiant full again.

also, you can give grast stability if at least one player is far enough away to not ‘steal’ the boon (the prioritization is good but in this fight it’s counterproductive). stability doesn’t shield him from damage though, so if he doesn’t get knocked down, he’ll just die.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

It can be interrupted, that’s the method we use since as you mentioned, Grast is unreliable.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Maestro.5376

Just curious if we could have a response from Mr. Hrouda as to which of these are working as intended and which ones will be fixed. I’d like to develop strategies to work around the ones that are intended.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

If you encounter bugged npc, there is still way how to complete dungeon. Falling rocks has a few blind spots where you can stay and kill boss while you permaroot him enough far from you.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Maestro.5376

If you encounter bugged npc, there is still way how to complete dungeon. Falling rocks has a few blind spots where you can stay and kill boss while you permaroot him enough far from you.

Of course, I’ve encountered these “blind spots” already. Obviously, I do not think they were meant to be there.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Of course, I’ve encountered these “blind spots” already. Obviously, I do not think they were meant to be there.

Same as bugged npc:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Maestro.5376

Same as bugged npc:-)

Again, this is not a “I can’t complete the dungeon it’s too hard QQ” thread, this is a thread that consolidates issues with current dungeon mechanics to allow the devs easy access. I would encourage all irrelevant discussion to be moved to the other “new AC” threads present.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

It can be interrupted, that’s the method we use since as you mentioned, Grast is unreliable.

Grast is reliable enough if you have workarounds. He does need some massive improvements though. Rumblus can be easily killed within the time span for 2 of Grast’s bubbles.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Seriously, this is like the 5th thread on the subject. Just interrupt CR’s scream with cc until the bug is fixed. If that requires too much coordination for you and/or your group, simply avoid the path.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Grast definitely needs Stability or Colossus needs to have his ridiculous “knockback on every auto-attack”-mechanic removed. Its rather sad watching Grast run to use his slow attack on Colossus, only to be shot across the room.

Rinse and repeat until your party gives up and exits the dungeon.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?