Contested Dungeon Entrances

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

These need to go, they are making it extremely difficult to get some dungeons like Arah and CoE done because often nobody is there to complete the event, or keep the dungeon from falling into enemy hands.

Usually you just force your group to take care of the event, but with more people using the lfgsite it is impossible for many groups to do the dungeon opening events because groups are made up of people on many different servers. This leaves many groups with nothing to do but wait and hope someone opens up the dungeon.

These events just need to go, they were fun at release when there were hordes of people to do them and to keep the dungeons open, but how they are just an impassable obstacle for many groups that prevents them from even entering a dungeon.

Posted by: Raveth.5760

Raveth.5760

I agree, many times we want to do another run but then when we exit our current run, the dungeon is contested and the event to unlock is the first in the chain. The entire event chain to open CoF takes longer than running the first path.

Can’t there be an option implemented when a group enters a dungeon and completes it, to move to another path without having to leave the dungeon? Or a staging area similar to the fractals, where after completing the 3 (or 4) you get moved to the staging ground rather than booted to Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I disagree. Usually, those events are quite funny and provide good loots. If they don’t close the doors, nobody will do them, which is a pain and not funny.
However, I agree that it is sometimes boring as some events take sooooo long. I have in mind, not CoF as it’s quite fast, but CoE which is horrible : you may be prevented from going into the dungeon for over an hour if there aren’t a lot of people in the area.
Add to that that the dungeon NEVER had much success among players : few players want to do it and thus are here to accomplish the events … Doesn’t help.

Posted by: havoc.8569

havoc.8569

I disagree. Usually, those events are quite funny and provide good loots. If they don’t close the doors, nobody will do them, which is a pain and not funny.

Why would anyone want to do those events besides to get into the dungeon? If you want to kill waves of stuff, go to Orr… you’ll get more T6 loot. I have never seen a single person want to do those gate events just for the sake of doing them.

These pointless events just make running old dungeons even more of a hassle than they already are (thanks to the fractal blackhole). I know they mean well, but anything that repeats just becomes a grind. When has anyone ever went “Ohhhh battle for gates of CoF for the 100th time, I feel so immersed!” The second time I had to do that crap I was completely over it.