Contested Dungeons

Contested Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

With Megaservers coming I feel now would be the best time to get rid of contested dungeons. For simplicity’s sake you can retain the events, just not have them lock the dungeons. It’s been a stupid feature ever since they made guesting so easy and feels even dummer now with megaservers.

I just don’t like the idea of having to shop around for a player who is in a uncontested version of the map while everyone else is picking their noses.

Let us access any dungeon we want at our leisure. Anything else is just awkward.

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

But I mean… can you imagine that NPC spamming:

We have cleared the entrance to the citadel of flame!

Ad infinitum?

The horror! The despair! CITIZENS!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

But I mean… can you imagine that NPC spamming:

We have cleared the entrance to the citadel of flame!

Ad infinitum?

The horror! The despair! CITIZENS!

But, but… she already does!

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I agree, there’s no purpose to having these dungeons closed. There’s no event that prevents access to WvW and there’s no event that prevents access to sPvP, so I’m not sure why this section of content has events that prevent entrance.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

There’s no event that prevents access to WvW and there’s no event that prevents access to sPvP.

Though I would not mind if dungeons were open 24/7, I’d say that WvW and sPvP are not tied to lore as much as PvE is, so lorewise it does make sense for some dungeons’ entrances to be blocked at first.

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

There’s no event that prevents access to WvW and there’s no event that prevents access to sPvP.

Though I would not mind if dungeons were open 24/7, I’d say that WvW and sPvP are not tied to lore as much as PvE is, so lorewise it does make sense for some dungeons’ entrances to be blocked at first.

Yes, but I was talking about it from a game mechanic point of view. From a lore perspective, there’s no reason we would ever do these dungeons more than once anyways (some paths are even contradictory to each other), so if we’re just reliving past events, it doesn’t make sense that the current state of the map would affect it.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Just ask Lilith to open the dungeons when they’re closed, guys.

Contested Dungeons

Lilith Ajit.6173

Just ask Lilith to open the dungeons when they’re closed, guys.

For immersion’s sake!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

[…] so I’m not sure why this section of content has events that prevent entrance.

High tier materials from both CoF, CoE and Arah. I don’t have any better idea than that.

Contested Dungeons

Lilith Ajit.6173

[…] so I’m not sure why this section of content has events that prevent entrance.

High tier materials from both CoF, CoE and Arah. I don’t have any better idea than that.

God guys…. immersion ! IMMERSION.

:)

[ARES]

Contested Dungeons

Dee Jay.2460

What does “immersion” have to say about Razen the Raider, mighty challenger of the Flame Legion, who dies of a single Burn effect.

Contested Dungeons

Dalanor.5387

What does “immersion” have to say about Razen the Raider, mighty challenger of the Flame Legion, who dies of a single Burn effect.

That way you can be the hero.

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Opposed to the salad sidekick you are for long parts of your personal story?

Edit: Felt obliged to add something to the actual topic as well.
I too think that the contested dungeons under the new system should be thing of the past. I don’t think it can be the goal to always having to plan the extra time to possibly do the event chain to open those dungeons when you want to do one of those.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

Contested Dungeons

Dee Jay.2460

That way you can be the hero.

No, that way I can do the revive daily within a single event.

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Agreed. I’ve been thinking this for some time. The gates dungeons are sort of a relic from when the game first launched. I think at launch Anet had this idea that the open world would always be full of people completing dynamic events. Things didn’t exactly pan out that way and the constantly contested dungeons and Orrian WPs are left behind.

It’s about time to drop the contested points here. Especially with the megaservers coming.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Contested Dungeons

Dalanor.5387

It’s about time to drop the contested points here. Especially with the megaservers coming.

With more people on each map, actually it will be done more often. In theory.

Contested Dungeons

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Haha :P That’s what I was thinking as well. In theory. The trouble is that I can easily see it going either way with that one. Wouldn’t hurt to just un-contest. Although I do agree that the megaserver system will really breath some life into the more dull corners of Tyria.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur