Crit or Power?

Crit or Power?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I recently made a zerker warrior coz I notice a zerker warrior is like a free pass to any dungeon^^ Bought my first ascendent for him and tomorow (I think) I can buy the first infusion for laureals.

What do more dmg in dungeons? more power or more crit? From what I can remember you cant crit a champ…. yet aparently everyone is wearing pwr/precision/crit, so mabye I am wrong or works in dungeons, dunno I’m new to this dungeon running

What do you guys have in thowse pure zerker accesorys?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

You can crit champions. You can’t crit structures. Only power affects your damage on structures.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Crit or Power?

spiritus.7983

ok, still whats best for dmg, pwr or crit?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Crit or Power?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Ok so what’s best for damage?

Crit or Power?

Posted by: durend.6237

durend.6237

basically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LNep79qXLk

For pugging play, if you’re the only warrior doing a FGJ/banner of str/banner of disc is best if you can manage with no stun breaks.

If your used to more tanky builds you may want to start with some knight’s armor while your learning which attacks you cannot tank and need to dodge and put on the berserker gear when your more comfortable with that.

Also, slice of candied dragon rolls are still very cheap on the TP and the life steal on crit will help you alot with staying alive. Can’t remember if the guide mentions that or not.

Crit or Power?

spiritus.7983

after the kittened posts above yours I did some research

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage Damage is any effect from an action which results in a target losing health.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_hit crit is a mechanic that offers a chance that an attack causing direct damage can inflict extra damage, Critical hits deal 150% of base damage of the attack
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precision here will become intresting

Critical Chance = round down((precision – 822) / 21)

this will tell me everything

lets say: dmg 2000 and precision 2000… base power will be 2000 and crit chance (2000-822)/21= 56.0952380952381 so 56% crit chance coz of rounddown

you can put in the accesories +5 power or +5 precision

if you put +5power will be 2005 pwr with 56% crit chance

if you put +5precision will be 2000 pwr with… (2005)-822/21=56.33333333333333 so still 56% coz of rounddown

so my answer is… POWER… most of the times

even with +5 precision in all the accesorys will end up 57.28571428571429… 57% so your wasting alot of infusions just to flip 1% crit chance

in case I’m not miss anything it shoud be ok in most case

atm I write this I’m at work, I know for sure I got 60% crit chance and I need to see whats my precision after a I do this calculation

-If my crit chance it is something along 60.2323232(whatever) I will not put +5 precision, you need alot of it to flipp it to 61%crit
-If my crit chance are like 60.898989898 its worth puting a +5precision to flip it to 61% then rest on power.

always aim for low .decimal numbers

Evil, GH -Charr rule.

(edited by spiritus.7983)

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

What about... just chosing both?

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Oom.3205

Oom.3205

Can you get infusions with both? I think that’s what the OP is asking about, specifically, rather than gear in general. The basic infusions are just +5 power/precision/AR/irrelevantstats, right?

They’re fairly tiny boosts either way. You can’t go wrong with more power – my rule of thumb when I can’t be bothered to think about things.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

You can’t get critical damage infusions anyway.

Crit or Power?

Oom.3205

You can’t get critical damage infusions anyway.

Mmm. But if the choice is between power and precision… it probably depends. Precision is wasted as soon as you go over 100% (or 99% according to some threads), so even if it’s worth more damage point-for-point than power with your current build, it might only take a pug ranger with Spotter (hah?) to render it pointless.

The flip side of that is that if you pug a bunch you might expect poor uptime on fury, discipline banner and perception stacks if using that sigil, so static precision might be more useful to you.

A spreadsheet can tell you which is optimal given a certain set of assumptions, you just have to decide how well those assumptions match your circumstances.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Your problem is that you have been saying crit damage when you meant precision/crit chance.

[DnT]

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Power is always a good bet. At some point Precision gets bit better (not much though!) but you may end up over 100% which is much bigger DPS loss.

Crit or Power?

Oom.3205

Your problem is that you have been saying crit damage when you meant precision/crit chance.

I don’t think the OP mentioned crit damage anywhere, except in passing when linking to the wiki in a later post. Admittedly just talking about ‘crit’ is ambiguous, but it was always in the context of precision and crit chance as far as I can see.

Not that it matters, Wethospu has the wisdom.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Remember you can always supplement lower precision or power with food. I went 20/30/0/0/20 based on an duel axe/GS and rifle build. I get 3150 attack with 57% crit chance. Not adding in any other buff or bonus from traits. I agree that maxing your precision to reach 100% crit chance can be seen as a waste since it caps. Not everyone is playing full zerk. I went with PTV armor and used zerk jewels on it, so no runes. Then all the ascended items are either celestial or zerker. I may not be doing full zerk damage but its enough that others don’t notice or ask. As well my survivability allows me to be half asleep while playing since I can afford to miss a dodge here and there.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

This lad has the wisdom.

Attachments:

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

If you plan on doing fotm, just wait and put +5 AR in it.

Honestly the +5 power or precision isn’t really worth it. If you WvW look at the WvW infusion slots.

Also, 21precision=1%crit chance. So the infusion is 5/21 of a chance to crit, or about a quarter of 1%.

What do you guys have in thowse pure zerker accesorys?

+5 AR

RIP in peace Robert

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Remember you can always supplement lower precision or power with food. I went 20/30/0/0/20 based on an duel axe/GS and rifle build. I get 3150 attack with 57% crit chance. Not adding in any other buff or bonus from traits. I agree that maxing your precision to reach 100% crit chance can be seen as a waste since it caps. Not everyone is playing full zerk. I went with PTV armor and used zerk jewels on it, so no runes. Then all the ascended items are either celestial or zerker. I may not be doing full zerk damage but its enough that others don’t notice or ask. As well my survivability allows me to be half asleep while playing since I can afford to miss a dodge here and there.

Attack. Attack is a meaningless term that does not actually have any direct correlation to dps.

For example, a build with 2k attack and a 95% chance to crit will out dps a 3k attack 4% chance to crit build.

All that matters is Power, Precision, Crit damage and base damage modifiers. Tell me those four things and you’ve told me something meaningful. Telling me about his “Attack” is like telling me how many apples he has.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Crit or Power?

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Attack. Attack is a meaningless term that does not actually have any direct correlation to dps.

For example, a build with 2k attack and a 95% chance to crit will out dps a 3k attack 4% chance to crit build.

All that matters is Power, Precision, Crit damage and base damage modifiers. Tell me those four things and you’ve told me something meaningful. Telling me about his “Attack” is like telling me how many apples he has.

LOL, my reference to Attack is in correlation with my Power. I have a lot of power and a fair amount of precision therefor high DPS. You obviously understand how I reached that number so stating the obvious with your comparison of crit and attack were not necessary. When I look at crit chance I look at attack much like when I look at power I then look at precision. So you can understand further, I put apples with apples and oranges with oranges. Trolling my post is no help to the OP.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: durend.6237

durend.6237

@ spiritus, also remember to factor into your numbers the 170 precision from banner of discipline (you’ll always want this banner if you’re only going to run one for the precision and crit damage over str’s only power) and 20% crit chance from fury (warrior can easily keep this up with signet of rage/battle standard + for great justice). From there you can run the numbers on if adding 250 power (stacked bloodlust) or 250 precision (stacked perception) works best for you.

Crit or Power?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

LOL, my reference to Attack is in correlation with my Power. I have a lot of power and a fair amount of precision therefor high DPS. You obviously understand how I reached that number so stating the obvious with your comparison of crit and attack were not necessary. When I look at crit chance I look at attack much like when I look at power I then look at precision. So you can understand further, I put apples with apples and oranges with oranges. Trolling my post is no help to the OP.

I’m not trolling anything, I’m telling you the truth. “Attack” is not part of any measurement of DPS in this game. It is a misleading number Anet put on the hero panel that says nothing about your dps in a vacuum.

To analyze someone’s dps and/or Effective Power you need: Power, Precision, Critical Damage, and Base Damage Modifiers. You’ll notice that I did not include “Attack” in that list, because it is not part of it.

You response to me is confused, and you do not seem to understand 1. how dps/effective power is calculated and 2. what the terms people are using are define as because you seem to use two separate terms interchangably as if they were synonymous when they do not have anything to do with each other.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/