Crystaline heart in Samarog fight

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

How do you get the heart for this fight? It says to use the heart to absorb energy from Rigom. I stood next to him, hit him, killed Samarog, etc and didn’t get the heart. What is it that I’m suppose to do?

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

Haven’t done it myself yet, but AFAIK you have to stand in Rigom’s explosion when he dies, meaning you actually have to fail the mechanic and kill him outside of Samarog’s bubble.

Shovel Face.4512

Haven’t done it myself yet, but AFAIK you have to stand in Rigom’s explosion when he dies, meaning you actually have to fail the mechanic and kill him outside of Samarog’s bubble.

So I have to tell my group, “Hey lets fail this RQ so I can get the heart” lol.

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

You don’t have to fail the mechanic. AFAIK you can just go under Samarog’s bubble before Rigom explodes.

Shovel Face.4512

You don’t have to fail the mechanic. AFAIK you can just go under Samarog’s bubble before Rigom explodes.

I guess I’m kinda confused about the mechanic. When does Rigom explode? And how many times does he explode?

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

Rigom explodes when he “dies”.
I think it depends on the group, how often Rigom has to die under Samarog until Gudhelm is dead.
(Does he even have to die under Samarog? Isn’t it enough to just keep them apart?)

I haven’t done this fight very often so far. I’ve been in his explosion by accident during a training run. Just before he dies he has an orange aoe circle around him. If you are close to him at that time, you should get hit by it. But it may send you into downstate.