DR on dungeon runs.

DR on dungeon runs.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Why is there a DR on running DIFFERENT paths too fast, why are you punishing good players?

You say its so if people find an exploit on running a path too fast its a buffer but that would only make sense if the DR would apply to the SAME path not a different one, or even a different dungeon this is BS.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

There is no DR reduction on running different paths one after the other in fact.
When we finish CoF path 1 in less than 10 min and proceed immediatly with path 2 we get 60 tokens in both, same with AC.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Razzy.2741

Razzy.2741

@Luke
What you say is not exactly true.

I encountered some DR as well, if my group did different dungeons paths one after another at quite decent speed. Any kind of DR should have been cleared on my account, as I haven’t played for two days before doing these runs.

We did CoF path 1 & path 2, took us around half an hour. Then HoTW path 1, around 15-20 minutes. Then we did AC all 3 paths.

Now, in AC dungeon I already hit DR.
Path 1 in AC – I got 60 tokens.
Path 2 in AC – I got 45 tokens.
Path 3 in AC – I got 30 tokens.

It happened not long ago, about three weeks ago or so. Since then I try to have a break after 2-3 dungeon runs. My theory is, that if you do 4 different paths within 1 hour, then you might encounter some DR for any further runs this day, even if they are all unique.

I don’t mind this kind of DR. Perhaps it just tells me I should have a break to catch a breath ^^

BEER Guild - Dungeon Riders

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

My theory is, that if you do 4 different paths within 1 hour, then you might encounter some DR for any further runs this day, even if they are all unique.

Two hours.

I don’t mind this kind of DR. Perhaps it just tells me I should have a break to catch a breath ^^

I do. Punishing players for playing the game or being good should NEVER be a feature. Having the balls to tell us what to do with our in-game time is preposterous. Punishing speed-runners by cutting down their well-earned rewards is kittening bullkitten.

DR on dungeon runs.

Puandro.3245

I did CoF path 1 and 2 then SE path 1 and 3 we took a 20 min break and did path 1, 2 and 3 and got 45 tokens on all AC paths. Why is our group getting punished for being too fast. This is bullkitten.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Yeah I dont know exactly the time(might be 90 min, might be 2hrs), but if you run 4 dungeon paths very fast, youll get DR on the fifth one. Its freaking annoying!

DR on dungeon runs.

Iehova.9518

Why is our group getting punished for being too fast. This is bullkitten.

Being good is now an exploit because apparently dungeons are tuned for tunnel-visioning 5-signet scrubs in MF gear and 0 combat awareness.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Why is our group getting punished for being too fast. This is bullkitten.

Being good is now an exploit because apparently dungeons are tuned for tunnel-visioning 5-signet scrubs in MF gear and 0 combat awareness.

Word. Its something that the whiners pushed through, yet they dont play dungs anyway.

DR on dungeon runs.

Puandro.3245

I want a dev answer if this is going to be changed to no affect running different paths too fast.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Heliox.8632

Heliox.8632

I want a dev answer if this is going to be changed to no affect running different paths too fast.

ive personally talked to a dev and the reason behind such a DR is to combat the fact that people can hack and incredibly do fast speed runs of the dungeon without having to manually tweak each and every dungeon so that its unhackable.

DR on dungeon runs.

Puandro.3245

ive personally talked to a dev and the reason behind such a DR is to combat the fact that people can hack and incredibly do fast speed runs of the dungeon without having to manually tweak each and every dungeon so that its unhackable.

So im being punished because people can hack instead of just banning the people who are hacking, they should have a system in place to see how fast people are clearing dungeons and see something abnormal and ban those. If this is true i am disappointed.

DR on dungeon runs.

Puandro.3245

Bumping this again.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

I created a post yesterday since I didn’t see this one, but here my 2 cents about this :

Well after some months having a pleasant run everyday of AC all paths (1h), TA all paths (1h) and then randomly CoF or CM as example, since the last patch, this has been happening to our guild:

We run AC all paths in under 1h or a bit more, depends on the guild group, we get without problems:
Path1: 26silver/60 tokens
Path2: 26silver/60 tokens
Path3: 26silver/60 tokens

Then the problem begins with.. TA (Twilight arbor), which we do a similar time, 1h or a bit more depending on the group.
Path1: 26silver/60 tokens
Path1: 19.40silver/45 tokens
Path1: 19.40silver/45 tokens

Next dungeons after this is 60 or 45 tokens and we complete them on an average of 20-25minutes each, sometimes we finish in 20min and get 60 tokens, and then straight we go for the next one in another dungeon, take around 25min and we get again 45 tokens.

To be honest I don’t know if you did touch again the values of it, but we never had this problem before, and as I stated before, now is happening.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I find that reasonable, however that is not really an answer on why that system seems to also target players who are doing the dungeons without any hacks. 4 dungeons in 2 hours doesn’t seem to me like “incredibly fast speed runs”. I say they should leave the system in place but change its variables so it no longer targets honest players. Can’t be too difficult.

DR on dungeon runs.

Iehova.9518

4 dungeons in 2 hours doesn’t seem to me like “incredibly fast speed runs”.

It’s not. AC can be cleared in 45 minutes and CoF1,2 can be cleared in 30 minutes. Without skipping anything, obviously.

I say they should leave the system in place but change its variables so it no longer targets honest players. Can’t be too difficult.

It’d be vastly better if they actually work on dungeons to remove exploits that have been in since release instead of punishing players for playing the game.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Iehova.9518 It’d be vastly better if they actually work on dungeons to remove exploits that have been in since release instead of punishing players for playing the game.

If I’m not mistaken Robert was already on this, but a DR system overview overall would be great too, dungeons can be cleared and well done really fast, and kicking it to honest players doesn’t seem a good idea.

DR on dungeon runs.

Iehova.9518

If I’m not mistaken Robert was already on this

I’d love to see Rob’s post saying he’s working on un-kittening the DR system so it won’t punish my group for being good.

but a DR system overview overall would be great too

There’s a red post somewhere saying they wouldn’t say anything about the internals of the DR system (caveat: Not sure if it only applies to event DR or dungeon DR too). Their reasoning is that it’d make abusing it easier. Which didn’t prevent us from figuring it out anyway.

dungeons can be cleared and well done really fast, and kicking it to honest players doesn’t seem a good idea.

As of right now, the only dungeon in which my group won’t hit DR is Arah. This is not good design.

DR on dungeon runs.

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

This really starts to be a comedy trip when I hit the DR doing only pugs!

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction