Damage Mitigation/Reduction

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

With Raids coming, I’m assuming damage mitigation and reduction such as Protection, Frost Aura, Rite of the Great Dwarf, etc are going to be somewhat useful.

I’ve been trying to find the best way to get the most damage reduction while retaining the most DPS possible via the above 3 skills and Berserker gear, however I’m trying to find the total damage reduction, but there’s no resources on this for the wiki,

Currently I can test Protection and Frost Aura, but I can’t really get much conclusive evidence to support the damage reduction being Additive or Multiplicative.

For additive you should be receiving a full 43% damage reduction and for multiplicative it should be approximately 39.3, if my maths is right (it’s probably wrong).

I’m interested to know this because it’s the difference between 93% damage reduction and ~71%

Has anyone else tried to figure this out before? Do different boons, traits and skills function differently?

noice

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No clue but the most you can pump out is

tempest prot (earthen proxy) (40%) + frost aura + rite of the stone dwarf + Specific potion for encounter.

So you can get pretty high up on defenses.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Earthen proxy works only on tempest.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Earthen proxy works only on tempest.

Did i state otherwise ?

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Consider adding prefix to my post – "Note: ".

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Can you get a permanent uptime on some of these defensive buffs? I feel wipes usually happen when people rely on active defenses that have windows where they aren’t up.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Can you get a permanent uptime on some of these defensive buffs? I feel wipes usually happen when people rely on active defenses that have windows where they aren’t up.

Guardian can give perma protection with Hammer and Writ of Persistence.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

EcoRI.9273

hammer prot radius too small to be good for raids.

Thaddeus.4891

hammer prot radius too small to be good for raids.

Did they release raids? I don’t think we can say stuff like that until we know what is the content. Anyway, the radius of the symbol is 240, which is higher than most melee range weapons.

You also have the Herald who can do the same with a radius of 600, can’t really go higher than that.

EcoRI.9273

well even in fotm, hammer prot symbol is not that useful most of the time. The only one that gets some benefit is the guardian, most melee classes stand too far from the guardian to get it. The reason why they stand far away even in melee is because of boss cleaves.

Thaddeus.4891

well even in fotm, hammer prot symbol is not that useful most of the time, it basically is only useful for the guardian to some extend and no one else.

It’s limited to slow moving ennemies, that’s true. The Herald will do a far superior job at keeping perma protection.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

just sayin’, mr. rev has to sacrifice all of its energy regen to maintain protection, meaning you can’t do kitten but to aa. Hammer guards can do other stuff to give buffs and defensive utilities. I mean, it sure is very good, but great or very practical? Hmm. I dunno. We’ll see.
(you also have to knock all the enemies around when you can’t maintain it anymore, ghhh gs mesmer x20)

Thaddeus.4891

just sayin’, mr. rev has to sacrifice all of its energy regen to maintain protection, meaning you can’t do kitten but to aa. Hammer guards can do other stuff to give buffs and defensive utilities. I mean, it sure is very good, but great or very practical? Hmm. I dunno. We’ll see.
(you also have to knock all the enemies around when you can’t maintain it anymore, ghhh gs mesmer x20)

Well you can’t have everything. Perma protection is pretty powerful and shouldn’t come without drawback.

Guardian need to camp hammer and don’t have that much of a range. And Herald sacrifice his energy regen.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yeaahh, I guess… you could get to 100 energy and try to keep it up as long as possible, then coordinate with your min—partymates for the downtime. Anyway, I’m sure you won’t need to get to certain extremes.