Day Time Sigil...

Day Time Sigil...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Existencex.9712

Existencex.9712

What do you guys use for day time dungeons, currently using frailty but i find that half the time my groups are usually caping on vuln

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

If you are maxing out Vuln, move to strength, if you’re maxing out might, you can move to air, which is a pretty nice damage boost actually, people often overlook it, but it has a very good 1.1 coefficient and proc every 3 second (can hit 6-8k when fully buffed at level 80)

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: Abstract.9258

Abstract.9258

I tend to carry specific slayer sigils for day dungeons and fractals put them on top of my undead weapon sets such as wrath, frailty, justice, mad scientists and of course undead

Corrupted Thunder / Pay me for Stealth

Day Time Sigil...

Trice.4598

I tend to carry specific slayer sigils for day dungeons and fractals put them on top of my undead weapon sets such as wrath, frailty, justice, mad scientists and of course undead

This is definitely the best option, however not everyone is willing to go to that extend.
Slaying sigil are usually very cheap (around 2 silvers) so changing it to run 2-3 paths of a dungeon giving you a minimum of 2-3 golds is no monetary problem.

I did hear some friends complaining about overwriting their forces sigil instead of slaying sigil though, which must be rather upsetting.

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

I use accuracy, mostly.
Also pretty sure air sigil has 5sec cooldown

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Air is 3 sec and fire is 5 sec.

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

That’s what the tooltip says! ^^ (or did you test it? maybe i didn’t have enough tries)

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

The problem is the slaying sigils are getting quite expensive, the undead slaying sigil costs 16s right now.

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: Existencex.9712

Existencex.9712

yeah im considering just getting sigils for hotw and for CM and calling it a day i have a greatsword with undead slaying since i run arah so much :P

(edited by Existencex.9712)

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Air is superior to Frailty and Strength in good groups. It takes about 7-8 seconds for Frailty to “ramp up” to full power, but by then the Air sigil has procced 2-3 times which is worth 3.3 coefficients, basically an extra Backstab or Eviscerate.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Air doesn’t crit though while backstabs/eviscerates or just power coefficients are normally doing about 230% dmg.

Doesn’t weapon attack speed also factor in? Assuming 100% crit chance, an attack every 0.7 seconds for example would have a 50% chance to proc every 3.5 seconds and a 25% chance to proc @ 4.2 seconds and so on… Grenade engineer with 100% crit chance on the other hand would proc air 87.5% of the time on 3 second CD.

Since I never run with a frost spotter in my group, I’ve defaulted to just force/accuracy when not running specific sigils. Trash mobs are easy but I still like having my sigils affect both single target and aoe. Is there full math anywhere showing that Air would actually be better than accuracy for single target stuff?

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Even without spotter in the party, you get pretty close to 100% crit chance with disp banner + fury, so I generally consider accuracy to be one of the “weaker” sigils, though I suppose if the party has trouble with fury uptime it might be worth taking.

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I was under the impression that crit chance shown in the hero panel is a guide line that assumed you were fighting an equal level enemy. Isn’t there a 4% loss in crit chance for each level that an enemy is higher than you? And even though I get pretty high with sigil of accuracy, I rarely hit 100% crit chance on most of my alts so I don’t consider it wasted on most of the casual day time runs I do.

I’m not saying sigil of accuray is the best though. I just want to see some hard math on sigil of air because napkin math and my gut is telling me it’s a bad choice for PvE.

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would say it’s more like 1%-2% chance loss per level. But it hasn’t been tested very extensively.

Day Time Sigil...

Trice.4598

I’ve tested Sigil of air/Force with some friends on my guardian, 25 vulns, 25 might, I was able to get up to 6k hits, but it was hanging around 4-5k, you can probably go much higher than that, 8k are very probable.

The frequency at which i was getting them was rather disappointing though, an average of 4.35 second during a fight.

However the damage is very nice, it’s a nice 5-15% damage increase. I am going to compile the data and go deeper with my test.

Day Time Sigil...

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Accuracy is fairly solid choice especially if you dont run with warriors very often.