Dead dungeons

Dead dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

Now i’ve had this issue alot.

I’m trying to get CM armor but the dungeon is just dead and there are barely people willing to do it.

It just seems some dungeons will be overdone and others will just die and there’s no way to do it.
Even if i get a good team and am able to do it a few times that’ll be it because diminishing returns will just kill all my rewards if i do the same path twice. It’s really demotivating

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The best way is to gather a group of guildies, and then tackle the dungeon together.

Or wait till the dungeons receive a redesign. I’m sure the design team is aware of the countless threads regarding unfun dungeons, and the general negative reception of a lot of the dungeons. Hopefully it is simply a matter of time till this is sorted out, and dungeons become more popular.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a full redesign, and not just a few mandatory drops.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

oh man CM is so annoying
that Seamus sureshot is an annoying dude and i generally avoid him when i can
and the boss health and general enemy health is just insane
they should have less hp because fights are just tedious and boring

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I suppose it’s server dependent because CM is rather popular on Yak’s Bend… We’ve actually had a bit of a dry spell with respect to folks not running SE or TA since the monthly achievement reset.

And I suppose you can say the story modes are dead… It’s really really hard to find folks interested in it. Maybe if the reward changed (once you completed it the first time) to guarantee a lodestone drop or something worthwhile, more people might do it.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: AdliBot.4718

AdliBot.4718

I might be wrong, but CM gave me a feeling that it was designed for Thieves or Mesmers. What with all the One Shot-Kill wonders Anet has scattered throughout the dungeon, it’s hard to get by without using some sort invisible skill or portal.

It’s either that or I just haven’t been running the dungeon enough. Only went in three times and once I’ve gotten my Noblemen’s Helm i stayed the hell away from it.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

add me up if you want to do CM. I’m leveling an Alt but use my 80 shouting guardian to run a couple paths nightly (8PM – 11:30 PM EST).

The only thing with CM is the bombers in the small cave corridors. You must target and get rid of them to avoid their AOE at all costs. Most dungeons are notorious for conditions and CM is no different. If a group doesn’t have anything to berid of conditions, it can be really painful.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

CM dead?? It’s all I ever see advertised on CryDesert… not making this up, go into LA there and you’ll see more teams for it than CoF.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Yeah, Add me in game if you ever want to do dungeons. I’m always up for any dungeon.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

Dead dungeons

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

CM is always asked for on DarkHaven. If you ask in Lions Arch, youre sure to get a group in minutes.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

All dungeons are dead but CoF and AC. These two are alive because they’re by far the easiest so when some1 wants to waste time (saying waste because you’re not rewarded for anything at all in a dungeon and can’t even make money) they do it in the easiest ones.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

I might be wrong, but CM gave me a feeling that it was designed for Thieves or Mesmers. What with all the One Shot-Kill wonders Anet has scattered throughout the dungeon, it’s hard to get by without using some sort invisible skill or portal.

Elementalists and Guardians are also great in CM. You can use Guardian lines of warding + wall of reflection to easily substitute for a Thief or Mesmer while skipping the mobs in that big room stuffed full of them. Wall of Reflection and Ele air focus 4 make ranged mobs really easy, too. Jump in there with Ele and if you’re traited for it it’s like 6 seconds of AoE invulnerability available every 24 seconds against many of the mobs (ex. Riflemen, Bombers, Scattershots, Archers).

The real issue with dungeons at the moment is that people just don’t want to try to learn. They die and they waypoint ress without changing up how they play, then call bullkitten.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I don’t like Swirling Winds cos it doesn’t return damage. Just get a mesmer with inspiration 20, Warden’s Feedback trait and have him chain projectile reflection: Warden, Temporal Curtain, Feedback, Warden the CM mobs to death.

Awesome in SE too since dredge love their guns and can’t be blind so it’s the best method to counter them.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

Maybe they should just make the CM armor less ugly

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

All dungeons are dead but CoF and AC. These two are alive because they’re by far the easiest so when some1 wants to waste time (saying waste because you’re not rewarded for anything at all in a dungeon and can’t even make money) they do it in the easiest ones.

Again… server-dependent. Yak’s Bend still has a somewhat consistent search for some CoF and AC parties, but it used to be a lot more TA, SE, and CM. CoE is starting to get some more love in Yak’s Bend as well…. Whereas it was almost impossible to form a CoE group a few weeks ago.

I do agree with Negativity though that CM, and I’ll add by saying a lot of the dungeon armors, are just not that good looking.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I’m trying to get CM armor but the dungeon is just dead and there are barely people willing to do it.

It just seems some dungeons will be overdone and others will just die and there’s no way to do it.

If the armour looked better, more people would be willing to do it. Thus my solution would be for Anet to improve the models.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The armor is among the best looking in the game…. unless you’re Soldier-Class …then it’s clunky & ugly and needing alternative models suggested (which I’m working on right now)

Detha’s path was extremely difficult (the Ascalonion ghosts part) last time I ran it b/c of a Scaling/Spawning bug. I doubt it’s been fixed yet.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

Yeah I see lots of people running CM on Yak’s. CoE and SE and pretty dead though :/

Dead dungeons

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

I am in a similar problem as the OP.
For the server I am on it is COF and AC all the way. However if you head over to CM, the only groups their are story.
So once they have done their story they do not want to go in again. I can not blame them though as it is a horrible dungeon. I just want to do one path a day on it and work at getting the armour slowly, however even that is hard to find a group for.

I have found the only solution is to ask guildies if they want to, so if your guild is not active or whatever and you really like dungeon running find a active one. Luckly mine is but even in mine CM is not too popular lol.

Oh and the Fallen Angles who guard Ebonhawk, who armour from this dungeon. That is why I am trying to do it. That is a little off topic but a fun thing to know.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Dead dungeons

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

I don’t like Swirling Winds cos it doesn’t return damage. Just get a mesmer with inspiration 20, Warden’s Feedback trait and have him chain projectile reflection: Warden, Temporal Curtain, Feedback, Warden the CM mobs to death.

Awesome in SE too since dredge love their guns and can’t be blind so it’s the best method to counter them.

It doesn’t return damage true, but it’s a lot safer than Wall of Reflection and Smoke Bomb, especially against those big bomb spams. If I know I’m in a good group then sure I won’t use it much, but if I’m playing my ele in a struggling pug you bet I’ll switch to a focus to use it. The fact that it nullifies every projectile in a big area just makes it really hard for people to fail.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

See this is why we need cross-server dungeon party system. CM is quite popular on my server. It’s pretty easy to get groups. Good thing too! My Engineer got herself a golden weapon set thanks to PuGs.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Maybe they should just make the CM armor less ugly

All dungeon Armor is pretty ugly, i use mine for stats mostly

If the armour looked better, more people would be willing to do it. Thus my solution would be for Anet to improve the models.

Totally agree, almost all the dungeons could benefit from this..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Dead dungeons

Posted by: kuroi.5467

kuroi.5467

See this is why we need cross-server dungeon party system. CM is quite popular on my server. It’s pretty easy to get groups. Good thing too! My Engineer got herself a golden weapon set thanks to PuGs.

true indeed. CM is kind of hard to find a party for (it’s really only hard if you don’t know what you’re doing. this isn’t meant to be insulting, i’m just pointing out it does take a lot of frustration and trial and error to learn a dungeon. i don’t necessarily think that’s a good thing), but i think that allowing everyone in the game to join dungeons together will solve a lot of problems. sPvP is cross server, correct? and if you party up with players from another server in overflow, you can get into the same dungeon as them even if you both go from your own server’s dungeon zone. so the technology has to work.

that said, definitely add me. i’d love to help you out with CM and if you need someone to run it reliable, my mesmer needs a new pair of shoes (and trousers, and gloves, and shirt… etc) so i’ll be in there for a hot minute.

Dead dungeons

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

Dungeons are already cross-server, that is only european servers and american servers can connect with eachother. Euro-american isn’t possible.

Ontopic: CM is on of my least favorite dungeons as well, the silver mobs can be so strong and overwhelming and the gear/armor is just ugly. I’ve run it a few dozen times for my noble rune sets though and never had much trouble finding a group. Then again, that kinda depends on your guild.