December 10th patch: New optimal PvE traits

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I’d like to see what you’ve compiled here. My thoughts:

Warrior: 30/25/0/0/15 is still going to be to “go-to” trait setup for most warriors.

Elementalist: Lots of choices, 25/10/25/10 is one I have been considering. 10 in fire seems like a pretty attractive choice to get 10 more charges on conjures, while 25 in fire gives 10% more damage to burning foes.

Thief: 25/30/0/0/15 is still optimal, arguably even better than before with increased initiative regeneration. 30/30/0/0/10 and 30/30/10/0/0 are also choices but I do not like them as much.

Mesmer: 0/30/0/20/20 is the maximum reflect trait setup, 10 in inspiration and 5 in illusions could possibly be shaved off and moved elsewhere if your group already has enough reflects.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

For ele, is that 25/10/25/10 a proposed DPS dungeon build? I assume that’s LH build for the conjures.

has the math been done to compare with a 25/25/10/10?

If group needs PF (running only 1 ele), how would you allocate the traits to get 30 on fire? or is PF outdated?

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

For mesmer, I still think 10/30/0/20/10 is better, but you can also go with 10/20/0/25/15 or 0/30/0/25/15 since phantasmal haste is bugged with most of our phanstasm (except duelist / warlock: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Phantasmal-Haste-doesn-t-affect-Warden/)

Someone made some test in HotM with different build also (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-after-patch/first#post3356886)

For guardian it didn’t change, just look at obal’s guide

(edited by Jeremlloyd.6837)

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I don¡t know if you are interested in engis but 30/30/0/10/0 (for perma vigor) or 30/30/0/0/10 (minmax dps).

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Necro was supposed to get a buff which would of made 20/25/0/0/25 the new best. But because it didnt 30/25/0/0/15 still has higher effective power. 20/25 has extra sources of dmg tho and is better for pugs. I guess I should run the numbers to check it. :/

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Ran the 20/25/0/0/25 yesterday during a large scale guild run (tarnished coast Chains of duty crusade) I just picked the traits for damage that I could find. It felt different. but I did not really notice a whole lot of boost in damage. I have not been in a dungeon yet to compare so I would be interested in what you find Spoj.

that being said. it does however appear that the “new” build would be better for pugging as you are able to stack your might and vul easier on your own and become more self sufficient. but in a, even semi organized group environment the 30/25 may still be better as you would have more consistent buff access.

random thought though. Given that the dagger is preferred dungeon weapon of choice for us. would it not make more sense to go some points into Blood magic or is the offset in modifiers to minimal?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

As much as I like running a 15/15/0/20/10 + 10 type hammer build on a Guardian, the buff to Powerful Blades makes me think that switching to a full sword DPS build (something like a 10/30/0/10/20), even when in a pug, is the way to go.

TheKillerAngel.3596

For ele, is that 25/10/25/10 a proposed DPS dungeon build? I assume that’s LH build for the conjures.

If group needs PF (running only 1 ele), how would you allocate the traits to get 30 on fire? or is PF outdated?

Yes, it’s a lightning hammer build. It trades 10% dmg >90% HP for a more reliable 10% damage on burning targets. Elementalists have a lot of good trait choices, depending on the needs of the group. They are one of the few classes I would say doesn’t have a be-all, end-all meta trait build. If your group would like an ele for fury stacking, you can go persisting flames, but if your composition gives enough group fury it’s not necessary to have.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, it’s a lightning hammer build. It trades 10% dmg >90% HP for a more reliable 10% damage on burning targets. Elementalists have a lot of good trait choices, depending on the needs of the group. They are one of the few classes I would say doesn’t have a be-all, end-all meta trait build. If your group would like an ele for fury stacking, you can go persisting flames, but if your composition gives enough group fury it’s not necessary to have.

They also seem to be one of the few classes that has a viable ranged build if you consider a staff build like the one Guan posted on the Guru forums.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I don¡t know if you are interested in engis but 30/30/0/10/0 (for perma vigor) or 30/30/0/0/10 (minmax dps).

I’ve seen quite a few people advocating the 30/30/0/0/10 build for max dps but I question this because for dungeons I would guess the average conditions you could expect to keep up would be around 5 meaning that would increase your damage by about 10% damage but that would be canceled out by tools 25 pt trait enduring damage, meaning that it would come down to the difference between target the maimed (5% extra damage)+ ~10% crit chance from traits+ the extra condition damage versus, 20% more crit damage+ 20% faster recharge on toolbelt skills (20% more static discharge/grenade barrage/BoB)+ while also having a permanent 1/2 vigor. I also think you could use scope to kind of balance out against target the weak. I’m just not sure that 30/30/0/0/10 is a higher damage build then 30/10/0/0/30 until I run the numbers.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Bread.7516

I actually put together some rough calculations, not sure if i didn’t make a mistake.

It shows that 25/25/10/10 does more DPS without bolt to the heart kicking in yet, and not considering the vuln stacks for 25 air.

Though the 15% Base damage boost from 25 earth is good, i would guess why 25/25/10/10 pulled through was because of the passive DPS boost from a combination of precision and crit damage? (though ofcourse base dmg boost is usually more valuable)

trait setup was
fire VI II
air VI VII
earth VI
water IV

PF allocation if needed, fire 30, air 20

If someone could run the numbers too, that would be great.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Most of my builds are pretty much the same. Ele has definitely changed though. I’ve been running 30/20/10/10/0 – II, VI, XI, VI, VII, VI, IV.

This of course leaves me with almost no ability to grant vulnerability on my own. Running S/D I believe my only vuln attack is scepter 2. In cases where vulnerability isn’t there I would just switch to fire attune instead of water. Missing out on 10% damage, but the fury combined with arcane lightning would (I think) make up for it.

I’m thinking largely in putting myself in a solo or terrible pug scenario, in which case vulnerability will most likely always be up and my contribution would be minimal, but the amount of fury that gets stacked after my blast rotation is absurd. Pretty much over the top excessive perma fury with fire XI.

I’m still not sure whether or not it would be better to do 25/25/10/10/0. I’m just being lazy and having fun with all that fury.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Mesmer: 0/30/0/20/20 is the maximum reflect trait setup

x/x/x/x/20 trait I’m assuming is Phantasmal Haste. As of right now it’s broken for Warden and is useless if you’re taking it to better your warden reflect uptime. Might as well shave off those 5pts and invest them in x/x/x/25/x which is a nice +15% DPS for your phantasms.

TheKillerAngel.3596

x/x/x/x/20 trait I’m assuming is Phantasmal Haste. As of right now it’s broken for Warden and is useless if you’re taking it to better your warden reflect uptime. Might as well shave off those 5pts and invest them in x/x/x/25/x which is a nice +15% DPS for your phantasms.

Yes, I just saw that it was broken. I am now using 0/30/0/25/15.

Ryn.6459

I’ve seen quite a few people advocating the 30/30/0/0/10 build for max dps but I question this because for dungeons I would guess the average conditions you could expect to keep up would be around 5 meaning that would increase your damage by about 10% damage but that would be canceled out by tools 25 pt trait enduring damage, meaning that it would come down to the difference between target the maimed (5% extra damage)+ ~10% crit chance from traits+ the extra condition damage versus, 20% more crit damage+ 20% faster recharge on toolbelt skills (20% more static discharge/grenade barrage/BoB)+ while also having a permanent 1/2 vigor. I also think you could use scope to kind of balance out against target the weak. I’m just not sure that 30/30/0/0/10 is a higher damage build then 30/10/0/0/30 until I run the numbers.

Not counting condition damage: 30/30/0/0/10 provides a little more dps than 30/10/0/0/30 or 30/30/0/10/0 (which are equal).
The problem with 30/10/0/0/30 is that you assume.scope and enduring damage.working all time. For a melee group, scope is bad. Enduring damage wont be always active.
Then add cond damage which would ve higher in 30/30 builds…

That being said I also think that 30/10/0/0/30 with adrenal implant is a very good option if you do open world and dungeons and dont want to change traits.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ran the 20/25/0/0/25 yesterday during a large scale guild run (tarnished coast Chains of duty crusade) I just picked the traits for damage that I could find. It felt different. but I did not really notice a whole lot of boost in damage. I have not been in a dungeon yet to compare so I would be interested in what you find Spoj.

that being said. it does however appear that the “new” build would be better for pugging as you are able to stack your might and vul easier on your own and become more self sufficient. but in a, even semi organized group environment the 30/25 may still be better as you would have more consistent buff access.

random thought though. Given that the dagger is preferred dungeon weapon of choice for us. would it not make more sense to go some points into Blood magic or is the offset in modifiers to minimal?

You dont get any modifiers in blood magic. You get cooldown reduction but that doesnt effect the auto attack so its useless to us. And yes to answer your question 30/25 should still be very slightly higher dps and 20/25 is a better pug build. I dont really see much point going 30/25 anymore because necro isnt a record run class so i dont mind losing a negligible amount dps to improve versatility. The dps lost is reduced by more frequent weakening shrouds aswell. Havent actually calculated how much the difference is made up for though.

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Your war build is fine. I don’t know about thief – I haven’t looked at mine post-update, but it’s probably still the same as pre-update.

Your Ele build is way-wrong. it should be 30/10/10/20/0, s/f + LH, with this rotation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeRhQ40ckQ4. If you’re pre-stacking might, drop Comet from the rotation and summon your 2nd LH at the boss’s location (it won’t aggro him).

I used boon durations in that vid, which is what I use for pugs because they’re too stupid to give me fire fields, but in guild runs I use Scholars and can still maintain perma 25 might cause everyone’s spamming Embers and Guard has PF (guild runs are normally 1x ele, 1x mes, 1x guard, 2x war – all in DPS metas).

Your mes build is wrong as well. It should be sw/f + OH sw, either: 1) 10/30/0/20/10 (max reflect dmg) or 15/30/0/25/0 (higher phantasm dmg, + vuln via f3 and your daze mantra). Both assume you need 20 in the penultimate line for focus reflects.

(edited by Anierna.6918)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

As I already said, your rotation isn’t optimal and 30/10/10/20/0 is subpar when just focusing on damage.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Anierna.6918

It’s assumed you need to provide Fury as well. If I were just focusing on dmg, I’d go 0/20/25/25/0, or 10/10/25/25/0 if I wanted Conjurer. You lose DPS via Comet, but it’s also assumed that Comet is necessary to upkeep maximum might. You wouldn’t use it if pre-stacking.

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

ranger or 2 fgj war wich mesmer is enough for keep pf to all party so ele dont need 30 in fire

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Anierna.6918

There’s almost never a ranger in guild runs, so I can’t count on that. And the 2x wars don’t usually bring FGJ. We pre-stack might with banner stomps, but once we engage, I’m the sole provider of fury and might for the group – which is fine, since I can upkeep perma fury and maximum might. This allows the wars to use something else in place of FGJ (OMM, power/prec signet, frenzy, etc). It also means the Mes doesn’t need to bring Sig of Insp, so can bring a mantra for an additional dmg modifier instead.

Using Comet and the blast heal in the rotation rather than a 2nd LH AA chain in the fire field lowers my own DPS, but it’s necessary since it gives an additional blast finisher within the same amount of time, and that additional 3 might is needed to upkeep maximum might, since I’m the only one providing it.

(edited by Anierna.6918)

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

sure but sacrifice alot damage for buff 50 sec fury when you need half of them and other class can do it without sacrifice so much isnt a good choice for me ( i run 30 fire too if needed too but we are talking about the best choice)

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Anierna.6918

One other thing I forgot to mention: I’m constantly reminding the wars to retrait 30/10/0/0/30 before runs, to spec out of Forceful GS. I have a deeply ingrained hatred of that trait. You have no idea how infuriating it is when your biggest job is to keep might capped, but the wars insist on screwing it up for themselves by using Forceful GS.

A side benefit of designating the jobs of fury and might stacking solely to the Ele is that it is very easy to designate blame if something goes wrong. Provided everyone used Embers and the Guard has PF/HG in reserve, if might isn’t capped, you know who to blame. In the few cases when I’m playing mes/war/guard instead of Ele, and might drops below 21-24 for any significant length of time, I know that the Ele in our group isn’t doing his job, and I can use that as a justification for swapping roles with him. It’s also very useful in assessing the ability of trial ele’s to the guild.

spoj.9672

30/25/0/0/15 is still better on war. You just swap forceful gs to deep strikes.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

30/25/0/0/15 is still better on war. You just swap forceful gs to deep strikes.

You beat me to this response by like 0.05 seconds.

Curses unto spoj, curses! >:(

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Anierna.6918

That’ll be easier then, having them swap a trait rather than respec. ty spoj.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

That’ll be easier then, having them swap a trait rather than respec. ty spoj.

W-What.. What is this? A rational and logical response? I don’t even.. This never happens here. This isn’t the dungeon forums I know and cherish!

I don’t know you people anymore, I DON’T EVEN KNOW MYSELF.

I’m going to run off to the guardian forums where they are discussing the advantages of cleric’s builds in dungeons, it’s still safe there.

..wait nvm there’s still some crazy left in this baby.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-P4-5/first#post3366790

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Anierna.6918

LOL! That Lilith Ajit guy’s hilarious. Thank God you linked me that; I needed a laugh
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-P4-5/first#post3354476

You didn’t do too badly yourself
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-P4-5/first#post3357036

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

This is what I have been using as well. Seems quite effective, but I have to run some numbers on the 10/x/x/x/x builds later to compare.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

This is what I have been using as well. Seems quite effective, but I have to run some numbers on the 10/x/x/x/x builds later to compare.

I’m wondering how 0/30/0/25/15 compares with the old 10/30/0/20/10. The phantasm cooldown reduction is nice and all but with the new signet you can get 3 phantasms up right off the bat anyway. The +15% phantasm damage from inspiration makes up for the lost Domination III trait but you’re trading +100 power for this.

spoj.9672

Having so little power is really horrible.

Bread.7516

It’s assumed you need to provide Fury as well. If I were just focusing on dmg, I’d go 0/20/25/25/0, or 10/10/25/25/0 if I wanted Conjurer. You lose DPS via Comet, but it’s also assumed that Comet is necessary to upkeep maximum might. You wouldn’t use it if pre-stacking.

I did a few rough computations. This pure DPS setup 10/10/25/25 with assumed max might banners food and all that stuff, actually do a lot less than 30/20/10/10 without bolt to the heart.

I always could be wrong, care to do the math on your end, do a comparison and please let us know?

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I did a few rough computations. This pure DPS setup 10/10/25/25 with assumed max might banners food and all that stuff, actually do a lot less than 30/20/10/10 without bolt to the heart.

I always could be wrong, care to do the math on your end, do a comparison and please let us know?

Maybe 25/10/10/25/0

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Guard is 10,30,0,5,25 with s/f and GS rotation (this is for basically everything)
But hammer is better for fractals 40+ (apparently, I’m working my way up a level a day and I am 36 right now will probably still use s/f cause I love it)
for protection I guess:
Obal has some of the top guides on guardian and for more profession videos check out Nike’s Q and A guides on youtube I know brazil has the hammer guardian guide and the updated ranger guide, rest are on nike’s if I’m not mistaken

Ryn.6459

Regarding Engi:
30/30/0/10/0 (zerker armor and trinkets) seems the way to go but I am still undecided between runes and weapons.

With this last patch engis can accumulate quite a lot of damage modifiers, so what do you think is best:

a)more personal dps: force/night/unded & strength sigil, scholar runes bersker weapons and explosive powder, and dps food.

b)more group support: accuarcy &strenght sigils, 2 mad king, 2 strength, 2 fire runes, givers weapons and condiition duration food.

Just looking at efective power in gw2builder is a tradeoff of 2000 units.

spoj.9672

Pretty sure 20/25/0/0/25 is better than 10/30/0/5/25 on guard. But vigor is op.

Bread.7516

Maybe 25/10/10/25/0

did you even think about it and roughly put the numbers in your head before posting this? i would guess no.

Don’t trust what i say, rather don’t trust all my results or anyone’s. Do the work yourself to verify

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Maybe 25/10/10/25/0

did you even think about it and roughly put the numbers in your head before posting this? i would guess no.

Don’t trust what i say, rather don’t trust all my results or anyone’s. Do the work yourself to verify

I assume that keeping the 10% damage mod from full endurance to not be up 100% of the time except for certain encounters, so I like to not depend on it.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Not counting condition damage: 30/30/0/0/10 provides a little more dps than 30/10/0/0/30 or 30/30/0/10/0 (which are equal).
The problem with 30/10/0/0/30 is that you assume.scope and enduring damage.working all time. For a melee group, scope is bad. Enduring damage wont be always active.
Then add cond damage which would ve higher in 30/30 builds…

That being said I also think that 30/10/0/0/30 with adrenal implant is a very good option if you do open world and dungeons and dont want to change traits.

Sorry what I should’ve said was 30/15/0/0/25 this will allow you all the offensive traits for this way you lose out on target the maimed (5%) and modified ammunition (~10%)
but gain 15% crit damage and enduring damage (10%). this is not to say it will be best for all situations but I think its damage would generally be higher [will still have to run the numbers.]

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

LOL! That Lilith Ajit guy’s hilarious. Thank God you linked me that; I needed a laugh
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-P4-5/first#post3354476

You didn’t do too badly yourself
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-P4-5/first#post3357036

;) thanks. I’m a girl though thanks <3

YAY I R FUNNY

On topic: there are too many numbers in this thread.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Anierna.6918

I updated the Ele meta builds – the link is in my sig. There are different ones based on what you need to give your group (some combination of might/fury/vuln; perhaps none of them). I optimized the dmg for each possible build via zerk/assassins mix, food, and bloodlust/perception stacks. I listed the assumptions I used in the first section of the guide when optimizing each build’s dmg.

Under “Elementalist:” in the original post, it’d be more accurate just to replace what you’ve currently got there with the following link: The Ele Meta: Dungeon Speed Clears

(edited by Anierna.6918)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Numbers make my casual brain hurt. Make it stop.

Lilith Ajit.6173

STAAAHHHHHPPPP

Oh and I heard for ele 0/0/0/10/10 is the new meta. Due to the trait changes, having more stats actually HURTS you rather than helps.

Food for thought.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

STAAAHHHHHPPPP

Oh and I heard for ele 0/0/0/10/10 is the new meta. Due to the trait changes, having more stats actually HURTS you rather than helps.

Food for thought.

The less damage you deal to mobs, the less hate you will get from Lion’s Arch map chat.

Anierna.6918

um…… I’m sry, what? 10 in Arcana, in order to get…… what? Blasting Staff or Renewing Stamina? …. is higher DPS than not having 10 in Arcana? …. not for any build I can see.

Lilith Ajit.6173

um…… I’m sry, what? 10 in Arcana, in order to get…… what? Blasting Staff or Renewing Stamina? …. is higher DPS than not having 10 in Arcana? …. not for any build I can see.

facepalm please please please understand who I am and why I post.

Also obviously the 10 in arcana is for vigorous scepter or wind borne dagger while wielding staff. #survivability!!

[ARES]