Dedicated RAID Lobby please

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: iScrappyKoKo.4798

iScrappyKoKo.4798

We need an average map dedicated as a lobby for everyone entering the raid that way it wont mess up Verdant Brink with people idly standing around not doing meta events…

It’s gonna be similar to Hears of the Mist for PVP but you need to enter shiny Red Portal first before being able to enter this dedicated lobby

That way people can actually do the meta events at Verdant Brink and at least the people who are doing raids have their own zone of recruiting, discussing, and pretty much form up before entering the main portal for the actual raid ( or at least an NPC to talk to if people dont like more pottals )

Also would be nice to have a repair anvil, a merchant, and a trade broker in the lobby as well

Posted by: TrueCruel.3842

TrueCruel.3842

We just need a proper entry in the lfg tool for raids. Then you can manage this first in LA before going the VB.

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

We just need a proper entry in the lfg tool for raids. Then you can manage this first in LA before going the VB.

No. The LFG tool doesn’t allow players to do any planning or discuss which roles are needing to be filled. Having a lobby is appropriate.

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

VB was an absolute mess last night with a swarm of people waiting around outside raid location to get raid groups set up.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

+1 agree with this. If it was an older map with not much going on, it would be different.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree that having the raid entrance be directly in VB is a mistake, and is having a serious negative impact on VB itself. There needs to be a lobby similar to the Fractals lobby where people can gather to enter into the raid instance. I’ll make sure this is passed on to the right people.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I agree, a Raid lobby is needed.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Yes, Verdant Brink is a terrible place now. Insufferable.

By the way, is there a way to get rid of the “Forsaken Thicket-Spirit Vale” announcement in the top right GUI? Talking to the NPC outside the raid instance didn’t do the trick.

Posted by: ZERONIX.5873

ZERONIX.5873

I thought it was quite a lack of thought to release a raid and not have a raid lfg added in game. Like how do you have a entire group of people and not one think were making a raid looking for group option. Perhaps it was a oversight and they were so focused on content they never thought about what should go along with it?

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

It is very likely, at least possible, that players entering VB to form raid groups is also creating more VB maps, spreading out the population of players looking to do VB meta even further. Here or perhaps on reddit, I came across what sounds like a good, simple to implement idea of using a ‘story instance’ of VB as a raid lobby.

However, I also think we (players) could use a different zone besides VB or any zone with a meta event chain as a raid lfg hub.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They can just do what they did with the final story instance for the expansion and then add a raid section in the LFG.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

They can just do what they did with the final story instance for the expansion and then add a raid section in the LFG.

Fully appreciating that we as players don’t know how difficult it would be to program this idea; this idea does sound fairly simple. It would remove the burden on the VB meta and make it easier to form squads for raids.

One possible downside is increased competition between raid groups. I don’t think it would be a big deal, just playing devil’s advocate.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Good old ToA. #Nostalgia

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

Kudos to the team that designed the new Fractals, I love just about everything about them, so much so that I would like to see the Raid system implemented in the same way. With a lobby and with multiple tiers and branches.