Defiant

Defiant

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Q:

Why is there an insane amount of defiant stacks on mobs?

I can get why defiant exists….but another reason this game is all about dps os that when you meet bosses with

Stacks of defiant

It just says “no CC here ty”.

And most bosses have that much.

What about using a reasonable number like 5?
Its not that having boss stun for 2-3 seconds wasting 5 skills is so game breaking.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Defiant

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

25 stacks of defiant just say “CC all the way, just make sure the 26th is the one worth it” :p
You do know that a stack of defiant is removed on new CC attempts when defiant is up, right?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Defiant

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

By the time I do 25 cc attempts in order to gain a 3 sec freeze, I might as well dps it.
Seriously, what is the point of everything being so defiant?

Defiant

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Because stun-locking a boss is no fun?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Defiant

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

Then make the stacks came back after he gets that 1 cc so you cant lock it or give it a time of being invulnerable to stuns after a stun. Just like you should give players btw, since being stun locked is also no fun.

Defiant

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Why is there an insane amount of defiant stacks on mobs?

I can get why defiant exists….but another reason this game is all about dps os that when you meet bosses with

Stacks of defiant

It just says “no CC here ty”.

And most bosses have that much.

What about using a reasonable number like 5?
Its not that having boss stun for 2-3 seconds wasting 5 skills is so game breaking.

I would agree here, interrupting a boss is completely useless with so much defiant stacks. So much effort and cooldowns on skills just to avoid 1 devastating attack or have a 2-3 second disable.

We would all rather have vigor or eat some endurance food to dodge more and save our utility skills for something else that contributes more to the group. Right now CC is only good for regular mobs.

unrelated: if i see an object flying towards me it should be classified as a projectile, more intuitive gameplay please.

Defiant

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

maybe a defiant timer would be better

every time you cc a boss a defiant timer starts.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Defiant

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

That’s a nice suggestion, tbh..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Defiant

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

The CCs in this game aren’t designed to be the game-changers they are sometimes in other games, especially since interrupts don’t put the boss’s skill on full CD. So you interrupt them, then what? 2 seconds later they’ll use it again, and everyone can just dodge anyway.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Defiant

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

That’s a nice suggestion, tbh..

+1
I can picture something like FFXIII’s STAGGER system. You remove stacks of defiant then that Boss is vulnerable to CC for x seconds before reapplying defiant agian. Would be totally awesome.

Defiant

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

number of defiant stacks depends on the amount of people around the mob, minimum is 3, 25 might be the max

Oceanic [LOD]

Defiant

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Have you ever been able to stunlock a veteran?

Defiant

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

On my own? Of course not.
With a group of people? Yep.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Defiant

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

On my own? Of course not.
With a group of people? Yep.

Sustained stunlock? And I can only assume with very coordinated guildies?

Because with pug, it’s a physical impossibility
Methinks Defiant is certainly not the way to go with. It’s built entirely with the concept that people will stunlock, but punishes pugs so hard it’s better to dps the crap out of the thing

Defiant timer seem to be the best solution, compared to the current defiant of course.

Defiant

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

not like cc works on them very much after you’ve peeled those 25 stacks.

fix it now anet.

Defiant

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

But why would you even want to, anyway? What boss encounter would be drastically changed if you could successfully interrupt every 3-4 seconds? I mean why knockdown when the knockdown skills are almost all fairly low damage, other than just for variety’s sake?

If you can just dodge the boss’s significant attacks anyway, I’d rather throw a dodge roll in (or a damage/evade skill) and keep my DPS rotation up. CCs just aren’t necessary for bosses.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Defiant

Posted by: HikariNoTen.1402

HikariNoTen.1402

@Broadicea : it would open up new boss opportunities also. More difficult constantly hard hitting bosses. Or non dodgeable actions that would require a stun. Just DPSing and dodging from time to time is not enough for me, I also want to take into account that I will have to prevent one of his action from time to time if I want to stand up and live.
And yes from time to time you would like to prevent a boss from doing an action (e.g : dredge fractal boss heal).

Defiant

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

CCs just aren’t necessary for bosses.

That what are CC’s for in PvE? If not bosses, then certainly not trash mobs. I’ve never understood why the specific enemies that would warrant using a CC skill on are either immune to it or have so many defiant stacks it’s not worth even trying to remove them. It shows why DPS is all that matters at the moment.

Defiant

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would like to see encounters WITHOUT Defiant.

Idea applied to Arah p4 priest of Balthazar:

Spin works as a stun-break, moves much faster and actually follows people. And shoots fiery projectiles (Burning).
AoE attack (kind of like a meteor shower) takes longer to cast but gives Stability at start and is much more dangerous if it finishes.
At every 5% of lost health, a veteran Hound of Balthazar appears and priest gets one stack of “awesome powerfulness” (moves faster while spinning and does more damage, AoEs are bigger, gets deadly at ~5 stacks).

Hounds inflicts Burning on their attacks and at 25% start exploding. While casting explode they are immune to damage and inflict Burning on nearby enemies. If exploding finishes, big damage and knockback. If Hound dies without exploding, it drops a bundle which you can throw at priest to remove one stack.

I want to see you stun-lock that.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Defiant

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

Spin works as a stun-break, moves much faster and actually follows people. And shoots fiery projectiles (Burning).
AoE attack (kind of like a meteor shower) takes longer to cast but gives Stability at start and is much more dangerous if it finishes.
At every 5% of lost health, a veteran Hound of Balthazar appears and priest gets one stack of “awesome powerfulness” (moves faster while spinning and does more damage, AoEs are bigger, gets deadly at ~5 stacks).

Hounds inflicts Burning on their attacks and at 25% start exploding. While casting explode they are immune to damage and inflict Burning on nearby enemies. If exploding finishes, big damage and knockback. If Hound dies without exploding, it drops a bundle which you can throw at priest to remove one stack.

some solid ideas being thrown around here

Defiant

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

You forget to add in the end: a magnificent chest w/ couple blues and greens.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Defiant

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Just veteran enemies so only blue drops.

Defiant

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

They need to take the bosses off training wheels (defiant). It’s rediculous that DPS is the current meta of dungeons.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Defiant

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

Either is cheesing it, but every one does that.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

Defiant

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Which skills do still cc lupicus?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Defiant

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Not even BV. Only soft cc works.

Defiant

Posted by: HikariNoTen.1402

HikariNoTen.1402

I don’t really care if bosses would generate stability before skills, this would mean we would have to steal/corrupt/destroy this boon in order to prevent his actions and this would require some team coordination.
Simple question, would it be possible to stunlock a champion to death given the HP pool they have and the amount of CC 5 players can have? Theory crafting guys its your time to shine !

Defiant

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Not even BV. Only soft cc works.

BV? Well, it’s still possible to interrupt/daze/stun him and to build/remove defiant stacks.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Defiant

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

cant express how healthy reworking the defiant mechanic would be for the game. this would allow more coordinated teamplay and class distribution than just DPS all-teh-way!

defiant is just the greatest BS ever introduced to any game.

swapping it to a 20 second duration buff (1 stack only) that doesnt get removed by shooting useless cc at the boss would do the trick I’d say.