Deimos Tears no longer strip aegis CM, why?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Hello,

Since a qT member (and maybe a few others) was complaining about it in reddit, Tears no longer strip Aegis in CM.

I don’t think it was a bad thing tbh. Tears are a bit pointless without the removing of aegis atm.
Maybe it’s annoying but actually, it was something you had to take care during CM mode, CM that have to be a challenge, right?

Tears strip wasn’t a bug it was a mechanic, but well since most of players ignore them, they’ll continue to ignore them even more.

Others fix are really appreciated and thank you, but this change wasn’t necessary.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

idk maybe ppl should care about mechanics rather than crying because skills such as pregoc well cant carry them through mechanics.

Khyan.7039

idk maybe ppl should care about mechanics rather than crying because skills such as pregoc well cant carry them through mechanics.

Exactly. But it seems that anet disagree with it.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Well, thank god it only CM. And as u can guess, im at opposite end of fence where I suppose thet I welcome this change.

Tears were most times an unwelcome & unfair mechanic that rly screwed CM groups when players were already screwing up the grps with their failures and inability to coordinate etc. Didnt need an additional and unwarranted mechanic to take care of, esp in CM when its consequence is at its most disastrous (and hard to plan for & counter it imo).

I dunno if this work as they say, someone suggest it to me one CM run and I was like: Eureka, ur a genius why did I never thought of that! The thing of it was anyway to distort follow by the precog thing. Not sure how effective that was tbh. I know it failed even when I did it right at least once. Plus, cant always count on distort to be off cd, even with perma alac. So that does put a wrench in things as u see.

Plus in normal, u can stay alive solo as long as ur not a clueless chrono. But in cm, staying alive doesn’t count for nothin when everyone else in ur sub (3-4 peeps) are all downed from that hit. So while both chrono can manage stay alive, rest of squad dies cos hard to res everyone → gg it and start over.

I look forward to try cm this boss again, Ive not manage kill yet and it makin me sad

Arun Kar

zealex.9410

i suppose its hard when a tear pops up for someone from the group to go and deal with it.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

i suppose its hard when a tear pops up for someone from the group to go and deal with it.

Depends on when it happens, especially in CM.

You have to remember in CM there is no ward, so for now people are using the Precog Strat as it seems easiest to execute. Sure there’s other ways for people to get around this like bringing a self invuln skill (most classes have atleast one). But why do that when you can have precog up all the time anyway.

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

The harder a raid becomes the more randomness harm the enjoyment and fun.

Removing part of that randomness is in my view good. Not a perfect solution, but good. A more perfect fix would be to mimic mechanic like those in VG and Sab where some mechanic look random but in reality has some degree of predictability (which quarter green spawn, which player get a bomb, and so on). This reduce variability in the ability of the players that has successfully finished the challenge. The higher randomness a achievement has, the lower the floor will be of those who randomly manage to do it.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

This has nothing to do with precog. It has to do with Aegis in general. Before this change Precog was the ONLY reliable way to do CM. Now, you could use 2 guardians in your DPS slot and dont need Precog at all.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

zealex.9410

Ehh having 2 ppl with self blocks going for the tears as soon as they spawn and have the block just in case they go the same time the aoe comes up. Yee scrap that

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I’m sure people are going to complain about the thief, gambler and drunk stripping aegis too.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

This has nothing to do with precog. It has to do with Aegis in general. Before this change Precog was the ONLY reliable way to do CM. Now, you could use 2 guardians in your DPS slot and dont need Precog at all.

This is the very first thing I thought of when I saw the change as well. Hello “Retreat!” my old friend. This change is a tiny step on removing some OPness of chronos in raids.

zealex.9410

This is the very first thing I thought of when I saw the change as well. Hello “Retreat!” my old friend. This change is a tiny step on removing some OPness of chronos in raids.

tbh this change wont make chronos any less powerful

Khyan.7039

This change isn’t a tiny step on removing powerful abilities of chronos at all.

It’s called a boss nerf. Chrono will still use precog and distort during the fight. Tears are pretty useless on CM now, unless you run with an auramancer kiter instead of a rev. Tears does already more damage on CM but it’s not enough to be painfull in my opinion.
In normal mode, it seems they are more important to remove because they can target Saul. As far as I know, tears in CM mode don’t make any damage to Saul but to the kiter or players near them.

I thought that tears goal was to strip aegis to make pressure if players didn’t removed them as soon as possible. If your team have issue because they are going down and can’t remove them, it’s certainly because some of the tears has been ignored. There is plenty of time between two tears spawns in order to remove the first one.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

This change isn’t a tiny step on removing powerful abilities of chronos at all.

It’s called a boss nerf. Chrono will still use precog and distort during the fight. Tears are pretty useless on CM now, unless you run with an auramancer kiter instead of a rev. Tears does already more damage on CM but it’s not enough to be painfull in my opinion.
In normal mode, it seems they are more important to remove because they can target Saul. As far as I know, tears in CM mode don’t make any damage to Saul but to the kiter or players near them.

Hey I never said it was a super effective against chronos. It’s just the fact that you can now get by with a Guardian and his aegis if you wanted the chrono’s to bring something else. The bigger change is more the fact that the kiter no longer gets targetted for teleport.

zealex.9410

This is a flat out nerf to a fight lol. You could also previously get 2 gaurds and do the same or have the 2 chronos most groups will have by default change the wells they run. Its not like ppl will stop taking chronos on deimos now. This was an uneeded change because a few ppl cant be bothered to monitor a mechanic on a challenge mode that is frankly a 1 time thing.

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Anet did this change to improve build diversity in deimos cm (2 guard vs precog).

Still, this is an example of fail design.

The difference between deimos normal mode and cm are that you lose d’alessio dmg buff (aka you do 1/2 dmg), boss has more hp and no bubble in the mid.

That’s all.

As someone who did this cm several times on a chrono i can say that the only interesting part of the cm itself was timing distorsion over precog pulse.

So anet trade the only reliable mechanical of the cm for more build\class viability (aka 2 guard vs precog).

But it will be a fail, cause thief, gambler and drunk will keep stripping aegis anyway so it will be end up for average and pug teams to still bring chrono+precog and distorsion for the aegis duty.

Yeah, best team who instantly burst thief, gambler and drunk or have enough dmg to send only 1 person on demon world and phase the boss fast enough to go there before tha person dies, will get some improved raid setup viabily to eventual improve a bit their world record on it.. But still…

The huge majoirity of people will keep playing as before, so fail.

Anet nerfed the only intersted part of the CM mechanics and people will keep playing as before, so regardless anet intention this will be just a nerf\making CM easyer change

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

Posted by: OneUP.3024

OneUP.3024

Sorry, qT is too bad to kill the boss in Challange Mote so I made that reddit post so I can finally get Demons Demise

Quantify [qT]

zealex.9410

Sorry, qT is too bad to kill the boss in Challange Mote so I made that reddit post so I can finally get Demons Demise

kittener xD

Khyan.7039

You shouldn’t take this thread personally. Your post in reddit was still good on some points. If anet decided they should changed it, it’s not because of you, it’s because they think it was needed, and this is where I disagree.

Khyan.7039

Anet did this change to improve build diversity in deimos cm (2 guard vs precog).

Still, this is an example of fail design.

The difference between deimos normal mode and cm are that you lose d’alessio dmg buff (aka you do 1/2 dmg), boss has more hp and no bubble in the mid.

That’s all.

As someone who did this cm several times on a chrono i can say that the only interesting part of the cm itself was timing distorsion over precog pulse.

So anet trade the only reliable mechanical of the cm for more build\class viability (aka 2 guard vs precog).

But it will be a fail, cause thief, gambler and drunk will keep stripping aegis anyway so it will be end up for average and pug teams to still bring chrono+precog and distorsion for the aegis duty.

Yeah, best team who instantly burst thief, gambler and drunk or have enough dmg to send only 1 person on demon world and phase the boss fast enough to go there before tha person dies, will get some improved raid setup viabily to eventual improve a bit their world record on it.. But still…

The huge majoirity of people will keep playing as before, so fail.

Anet nerfed the only intersted part of the CM mechanics and people will keep playing as before, so regardless anet intention this will be just a nerf\making CM easyer change

It’s exactly my point of view, to be honest.

OneUP.3024

You shouldn’t take this thread personally. Your post in reddit was still good on some points. If anet decided they should changed it, it’s not because of you, it’s because they think it was needed, and this is where I disagree.

Don’t worry, I don’t take it personally. I still think it’s a good change. I have argued with people from my guild about this aswell already. Some people in the qT say that the change is good, others think it’s not.

The problem I see with tear stripping aegis are the following:
1. they have a weird projectile and it’s not always clear when the projectile hits you so its hard to dodge it
2. a lot of people in my guild say that controlling tears is part of this fight, but you can’t always controll them, since sometimes they spawn inside the black or on top of hands OR they spawn at the same time when deimos is doing mind crush.
Ofcourse a mesmer could use shield 4 to get the tear on the black but most of the player base won’t do it or think about it and stuff
3. There is so much stuff that strips your aegis anyway already like the auto attacks of the black sauls or prides and small prides hitting saul and exploding, that removing one of the things is ok imo.

I just find it funny that people mention qT, even tho I made this post. Yes I am a member of qT but it doesnt mean that everyone in qT has the same opinion as I do. Even on the reddit post, there were qT members making comments against my argument of tears stripping aegis. In the end anet changed it only for challange mote, which will help more people to get demons demise. All the members of hardcore raiding guilds like qT or Snow Crows had this title since week 1 anyway so nothing changed for us.

Quantify [qT]

(edited by OneUP.3024)

zealex.9410

Don’t worry, I don’t take it personally. I still think it’s a good change. I have argued with people from my guild about this aswell already. Some people in the qT say that the change is good, others think it’s not.

1. they have a weird projectile and it’s not always clear when the projectile hits you so its hard to dodge it
2. a lot of people in my guild say that controlling tears is part of this fight, but you can’t always controll them, since sometimes they spawn inside the black or on top of hands OR they spawn at the same time when deimos is doing mind crush.
Ofcourse a mesmer could use shield 4 to get the tear on the black but most of the player base won’t do it or think about it and stuff
3. There is so much stuff that strips your aegis anyway already like the auto attacks of the black sauls or prides and small prides hitting saul and exploding, that removing one of the things is ok imo.

I just find it funny that people mention qT, even tho I made this post. Yes I am a member of qT but it doesnt mean that everyone in qT has the same opinion as I do. Even on the reddit post, there were qT members making comments against my argument of tears stripping aegis. In the end anet changed it only for challange mote, which will help more people to get demons demise. All the members of hardcore raiding guilds like qT or Snow Crows had this title since week 1 anyway so nothing changed for us.

It cant be argued that they went the wrong way about it instead of making the projectile more clear as to when and who it hits they basically rekoved its importance from the fight. Tbh i didnt see you post but if you didnt present a good way to change it then you should have had tbh (constructive feedback). Regardless im glad its now easier for you or anyone but it shouldnt have happened in this way. And tbh a good group should always have a backup plan b if theres not 100% chance that their a plan will work against a mechanic.

(edited by zealex.9410)

OneUP.3024

It cant be argued that they went the wrong way about it instead of making the projectile more clear as to when and who it hits they basically rekoved its importance from the fight. Tbh i didnt see you post but if you didnt present a good way to change it then you should have had tbh (constructive feedback). Regardless im glad its now easier for you or anyone but it shouldnt have happened in this way. And tbh a good group should always have a backup plan b if theres not 100% chance that their a plan will work against a mechanic.

The problem is, you can’t invuln mind crush and aegis doesnt stack. This means there is literally no possible back up plan. The only possible back up plan would be to bring blocks on every single class. Warriors would need to play Zerk, Druids would need to bring Signet of Stone (which doesnt work since the CD is too high to use it for every mind crush) and so on.

Quantify [qT]

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

druid can bring gs xD literally the only class without a block is a necro

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

druid can bring gs xD

OT:

JumpJumpJump!!!

Then dat feeling when you realize your spacebar got broken and you can see #bestderp2017 incoming

Happened to me yesterday, yoloo 0/

:)

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

zealex.9410

The problem is, you can’t invuln mind crush and aegis doesnt stack. This means there is literally no possible back up plan. The only possible back up plan would be to bring blocks on every single class. Warriors would need to play Zerk, Druids would need to bring Signet of Stone (which doesnt work since the CD is too high to use it for every mind crush) and so on.

time the aegis spam for when the attack is about to drop and use invuln from the mesmers to further back itup?

zealex.9410

druid can bring gs xD literally the only class without a block is a necro

man buff gs its rotation is so fun