Did FoTM Become Easier?

Did FoTM Become Easier?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

So I’ve been playing GW2 for a couple of months now. On my first character (A Char necromancer) I played FoTM until somewhere around level 10 / 11. At that point I lost interest in FoTM and I also created my current main – another necromancer!

Last night, for the first time in months I took my Necromancer into the depths of FoTM with a party where nobody (except me and the Mesmer) had a “general” idea of what to do in each fractal. At first I was a bit apprehensive, thinking that running with a group of people completely unfamiliar with FoTM will be torture.

Instead I was pleasantly surprised when we managed to rush through every level, beating up the mobs and the bosses with ease! We planned and worked out tactics perfectly! Better yet – this party had some of the “under dog classes” in it. Within this party was a Necromancer, a Mesmer, a Ranger, A Warrior and a Thief. No one character "carried’ the party and we really worked good! As a result we continued to do Level 2 as well and added each other as friends to do FoTM together more often.

Now my question is this have FoTM been nerfed after the patch? Do you find that it has been made easier now? Or were Grenth simply smiling on us?

Sylvari for life. <3

Did FoTM Become Easier?

Posted by: VenomousEX.4012

VenomousEX.4012

Fotm 1?? I am at lvl 29 right now. It is easy if u guys know what to do in all fracs.

Did FoTM Become Easier?

Posted by: Nuke Morg.1952

Nuke Morg.1952

First time in fractals – hard. Reached lvl 10, wow this is hard and 1-9 was easy! Reached lvl 20, c’mon 10-19 is piece of cake, lvl 20+ is hard! Went to 40, doing lvl 38 daily each day and everything is piece of cake if you have team that knows what to do.

“Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.”

Did FoTM Become Easier?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

actually it seems they boost difficulty every patch….

18739 damage from a single hit by a warrior (and i already evaded his first rush) on level 20 wasn t something you were used to see some weeks ago.

TIP: fotm 1-20 are harder than 30+ due to the general lack of experience of players

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Did FoTM Become Easier?

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

The only thing that makes fractals hard are people who cant figure out the most basic of strategies. If everyone knows what they’re doing, it’s a milk-run. I’ve had a majority of my 30+’s seem easier than my sub20/20’s just because people dont do stupid things as much.

Like maybe this is just supremely obvious to me, but;
If you’re fighting a boss that takes more damage if you lure it
and has the potential to go immortal by devouring someone using an attack that can only hit you if you’re too close to it

Why the actual kitten are you meleeing it!?

It drives me nuts. When the party would be better off if you were currently dead, then you are a problem. And I see this a LOT in fractals. even higher level ones. Doing a 26 daily, and I see people not doing obvious things that everyone should have picked up 20 fractals ago. (As it turns out, that strafing im doing at the harpies protects me from the knockback, and the damage! You on the other hand decided to stand directly on my platform without moving, and got us both hit!)