Did you miss the old PvXwiki?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sylvari.6083

Sylvari.6083

I am glad to introduce you to the new Guild Wars 2 build wiki that will hopefully fulfill the same purpose as the old PvXwiki did.

New build wiki: http://metabattle.com/

If you remember I worked on the meta builds website capped metabattle, you can take a look at it here: http://metabattle.com/old/

Most of you liked the idea but it didn’t feel like the old PvX wiki. Some of you wanted that back, others wanted to help by adding/editing builds etc. Those are some of the reasons why I decided to recreate the old PvXwiki for Guild Wars 2. I spent a lot of time on it since it was my first time working with a MediaWiki based script.

Here is a list of what you can do on the current Guild Wars 2 build wiki:

• Edit and create new builds
  • Write guides for each build, skill variants, video guides and counters
  • Discuss current builds and rate them

To make this possible we will need help from you guys. Feel free to check out the website, edit and add content so that we can bring back a small part of the old Guild Wars to Guild Wars 2.

There are currently 2 admins, we will need more in the future which means that we will be recruiting admins pretty soon based on the work that needs to be done.

EDIT1: Since we have a “Video Guides” section feel free to add your Youtube video if you are using that build/something similar to it.

WvW | sPvP/tPvP | PvE/Dungeon – Builds: http://metabattle.com/

Posted by: Asylum.6230

Asylum.6230

Wish I could +100 ya but I suppose +1 will have to do. Glad to see someone initiating PvXwiki 2.0 for GW2!!!

Can’t wait to add a few of my farm/dmg/etc builds for the community to vett. Really hope this takes off.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I will look to make a contribution to this when I can.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

Oh boy do I love this!!

I really hope this will catch on, and i’ll try to contribute

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I don’t really see use for a pvxwiki for gw2. Way too little variety.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Sylvari.6083

Just wanted to tell you guys that the website has grown a lot, feel free to check out the new features and builds that we have added over the last few days.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Looking very nice. Thanks for the effort.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Welp, the current meta build for the mesmer isn’t the one being pushed by the site. Disappoint

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Welp, the current meta build for the mesmer isn’t the one being pushed by the site. Disappoint

Changed like an hour after your message. I work on it!

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Just wanted to tell you guys that the website has grown a lot, feel free to check out the new features and builds that we have added over the last few days.

Thank you! Greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I like it but traits should show their functionality when you hover your mouse over them, I mean it would be comfortable :d

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

thank you for SUB-categorizing PvE into general, dungeon, and world boss. it’s such a pet peeve of mine when people post on the forums about “PvE” when they mean “speed-clear dungeon runs”

– The Baconnaire

Sylvari.6083

I like it but traits should show their functionality when you hover your mouse over them, I mean it would be comfortable :d

One of the admins is working on that atm, will be announced when it’s completed

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Sweet. Keeping the mesmer meta up to date. I like the site ^^

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Finally! That was the best in old GW1. Good old PvX. I hope this will be the primary source for builds. Instead we have to find the scarce information about what is meta for every class here and there.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I don’t really see use for a pvxwiki for gw2. Way too little variety.

I agree. For PvE, most classes tend to have 1 “core” build with minor variations involving a redistribution of several trait points. A lot of trait lines are totally useless for PvE.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Awesome I loved pvxwiki. Hope this generates steam, great work.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

Really good source.

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

This looks really good, I’m gonna post a couple of builds and get the word out!

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Good website! Very easy to browse and link to for newer players.

Sylvari.6083

Glad that you guys like the website!

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

We gave it a signal boost on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/507246854149787648

:)

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

#ReginaForPresident

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Nice website!

/15 char

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

The hype is real!
Thanks for the shoutout Regina + Stephane, we appreciate you guys getting the word out about our awesome community site =D

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Where is the voting ? Your builds are your idea. How can we know if your ideas are bad ?
We need voting on builds. If there is no voting builds can be bad and good, and everyone needs to test it.. Isnt your page designed not to test build but to have a good builds?
Every build that is in meta, good, great, all is garbage without voting.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Where is the voting ? Your builds are your idea. How can we know if your ideas are bad ?
We need voting on builds. If there is no voting builds can be bad and good, and everyone needs to test it.. Isnt your page designed not to test build but to have a good builds?

Voting is good and all if everyone cared enough to actually do the work to figure out what was actually the best. And, if they shared a definition of best. Personally I’d rather trust a few good players to know what they’re talking about and put up good builds.

If you threw up a vote on what was best to the general GW2 population for guardian. How well do you think an AH build would rank? I’d imagine MUCH better than it should.

Errant Venture.9371

All builds in the good/great/meta tags have already been voted on. The testing tag has a voting mechanism built into it: once the build has 5 votes it is moved out of testing to the appropriate tag and can no longer be voted on.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Sylvari, Errant Venture, and others who also help run the site: let me know if there are any significant updates that would be interest to the broader community (like a lot of new builds added), because we can plug it again in the future so that more interest is generated and I hope more contributors start pitching in.

Content Marketing Lead

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Needs more builds to become a viable site for people who are looking for builds.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Malediktus: have you added builds to the wiki? If you haven’t: you can help make it a better site by contributing.

Content Marketing Lead

Errant Venture.9371

Sylvari, Errant Venture, and others who also help run the site: let me know if there are any significant updates that would be interest to the broader community (like a lot of new builds added), because we can plug it again in the future so that more interest is generated and I hope more contributors start pitching in.

Will do! We just rolled out mouseover tooltips for traits for Warriors and Guardians. In the future we’ll be pushing those changes out to the traits for each of the professions and expanding mousover information for weapon/utility skills, items, and food!

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

You going to post all 5 viable pvp builds on there?

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

To OP: your site http://metabattle.com/ is not responding or rather takes minutes to load. Does that mean I have to look somewhere else if I liked the old GW1 build site?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m desperately looking for a site like yours (PvXwiki for GW2).
I would be glad to help with programming and/or donating some money for the server infrastructure.

(edited by xlion.3065)

Sylvari.6083

To OP: your site http://metabattle.com/ is not responding or rather takes minutes to load. Does that mean I have to look somewhere else if I liked the old GW1 build site?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m desperately looking for a site like yours (PvXwiki for GW2).
I would be glad to help with programming and/or donating some money for the server infrastructure.

I have moved the website to a brand new server, there shouldn’t be any downtime now. You will however need to wait up to 48h for the DNS records to update until you can access the new server, there will be a big red message if you are still on the old website.

Also, thanks for being generous but everything should be sorted out within a few hours