Different types of raiders/players:D

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Reading the forums and Reddit on various topics I realize there are a few kind of players who usually post.

Casual player with lack of time:
‘Raids suck now because I have a life and gw2 now only caters to no lifers who spend 10 to 12 hours raiding!’

Casual player with lack of time #2:
’I’m a casual player who only plays 2 to 3 hours a week and I’ve recently beat vg and am currently close to beating gors’

Casual player with lack of skill:
‘I feel raids are too biased towards gear choices, gw2’s moto was play how you want but Anet broke their promise because I can’t use my soldiers gear in raids as no group wants me’

Casual player with lack of skill #2:
‘Man raids are so hard now, I’m having so much trouble beating the 1st boss with my guild but it is so much fun. We are constantly tweaking our builds and compositions, we should be close to beating vg next week!’

Casual player with lack of funds:
’Omg raids totally destroyed gw2, every group out there now requires you to have full ascended and multiple sets for different classes, how the kitten does Anet expect us to get the gear to raid?! Raids drop ascended but to raid you got to have ascended, gg well played Anet way to ruin the game.

Casual player with lack of funds #2:
‘Hey just beat vg with full exotics playing a insert class here. Since I didn’t have much funds or ascended to begin with I decided to play a class which doesn’t require me to min max my stats. And ascended was not really required anyway, I just found a group which accepted me using exotics and we cleared it! Gl guys!’

No issue player:
‘Well raids are fun I guess, been pugging a few and doing some with my guild of late, love the challenging content, hope to beat it soon.’

Elite player with lack of funds:
‘Wow raids are bull kitten, I’ve been playing gw2 for 3 years now and nvr really had much trouble doing other pve content (fractal 49, dungeoneer, insert other pve elite achievements etc) but now with raids I’m FORCED to get ascended gear?! Gg well played Anet for locking content behind a gear wall. Guess I’ll be finding another game now.’

Elite player with lack of funds #2:
‘All those people saying that you need ascended gear to raid are just full of it, I just got the eternal title today with exotic armor and weapons, we managed to kill most of the bosses with time to spare, if people tell you you NEED ascended to raid that’s a lie’

Friendly elite player:
‘Woo I love raids, just cleared through all 3 bosses took only 1 to 2 hours! It was really fun and challenging, if any of you have questions on the boss mechanics and need help feel free to add me in game and I’ll try to help you!’

Toxic elite player:
‘Git gud scrub’

Sympathetic elite player:
‘Well I just cleared raid wing 1 with the eternal title, it was fun and challenging and all, but I got to agree that Anet should really implement some way for more people to clear it. I don’t want to see a majority of the players being left out of such fun content’

Casual< ME < elitist kittenbag (everyone below me is a casual everyone above is an elitist kittenbag):
‘I won’t call myself the best player but I’m am by no means the worst, technically I’m quite good at pve, but when I raid, I can’t help but notice the toxicity in it. People asking for food checks, threatening to kick if I mess up too many times and just in general telling me what to do.’

And

The forum raider:
‘Judging from all the posts on forums and all the people complaining I won’t even bother trying to attempt raids or any of the new content, until Anet decides to change their current path I’ll just talk with my wallet, gg well played time to find another game. next day comes back and repeat the same thing perseverance and determination, the forum raider.’

That is all the different types of opinions and people I can think about or have read in the last few weeks:D if you think you have any kind I miss out feel free to add! So what kind of player are you?!

Remember guys, there is always 2 sides in which you can face life:D whether it be your problems or how you view others, there is always another option.

(edited by Zach.2618)

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

What kind of noob think that players who wear PVT lack of skill.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Zach.2618

Wearing pvt doesn’t mean you have a lack of skill:) unwillingness to change to suit your party needs with the reason of feeling safer in your pvt is a lack of skil^^ in the right context any gear can be used, just depends on your party:)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Wearing pvt doesn’t mean you have a lack of skill:) unwillingness to change to suit your party needs with the reason of feeling safer in your pvt is a lack of skil^^ in the right context any gear can be used, just depends on your party:)

You felt right in his trap. You don’t know Junkpile yet

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Zach.2618

You felt right in his trap. You don’t know Junkpile yet

What trap?:o sry I’m not up to date with online behavior such as traps lol I nvr understood how can words trap someone. Is he trying to capture me?:o

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

What trap?:o sry I’m not up to date with online behavior such as traps lol I nvr understood how can words trap someone. Is he trying to capture me?:o

Look at his signature.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Zach.2618

Look at his signature.

But he brought up a valid misconception some people may have lol. Is that considered trolling?:o seems like everything and anything can be classified under trolling lol, what is the actual definition of trolling anyways.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

You forgot players like myself, who prepared months before the raid, joined a guild to avoid pugging, cleared the raid wing and now streams occasionally for everyone else.

Tour

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

This is a comic about World of Warcraft, but it’s relevant now: Link

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

This is a comic about World of Warcraft, but it’s relevant now: Link

that is awesome,

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Heh, that was pretty spot on. Basically applicable to pretty much all instanced group content in MMOs.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Thinking is a skill and bosses have a timer <- hope this statement isn’t too skill intensive.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Thinking is a skill and bosses have a timer <- hope this statement isn’t too skill intensive.

Well good players rarely have motivation jump through hoops just because anet say so. Well maybe if raids would use sPvP amulets then this timer kitten could work.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Zach.2618

Haha that comic is funnyXD nvr played wow but seems like it’s common between all mmos!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I am probably the one who you are ridiculing in this post. So just so you know: I completely reforged my armor, crafted new weapons and bought more trinkets to gear up my DH tank correctly. I finally found friendly people for raiding and it has been a lot of fun. What stays my issue, and it is not a problem of the game, is a severe lack of time Hopefully, in January, after exams, I will finally have time to beat it

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

You forgot one other Type of Player or if you want. Forum Poster

The High Priest of the Holy Manifesto:

" We all know that Anets Manifesto said that we can do whatever we want, how we want at any Time. Without having Challenging Content. This new " Content" is just again going against the Manifesto Anet set up. They again lied to us and broke their Promises they had given in the Manifesto. Let us again Remind Anet to their own Manifesto and pray that they for once stick to this Promise"