Disapointed with raids

Disapointed with raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

The raid content we got to play during this beta makes me believe it was designed in 1 afternoon.
Bosses barely have any mechanics, just constantly ticking damage to force you to run tank gear or take a healer, and stupid immunity against a certain type of damage.
It all felt very cheap to me, and not enjoyable at all.

I was really hyped for the so called “challenging group content”, this is not challenging, this is just forcing people to run certain types of gear to be able to faceroll.

On top of this the design of the bosses we faced today looked really lazy, and not at all like epic raid bosses

If they wanted “challenging group content” to be easier than the current dungeons, I guess they succeeded, but being able to duo said “challenging group content” on the first day of release kinda shows its not that challenging at all

I guess this is only a beta, and doesn’t show the full potential of the raids, but it kinda makes me wonder why they would use this dull set of mobs/bosses for a first impression.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I have been reading lots of comment about how easy, lazy, weak, or whatever the “bosses are” but these aren’t even bosses, they are literally just trash to help you with the REAL boss mechanic. And believe me when I say stacking tanky/healy gear won’t cut it for the real boss, you have 8 minutes to kill it and even with a 10 man berserker party the health was barely moving.

Also they all have actual mechanic to kill them, which is the difference between a 4 minutes kill or a 20 seconds kill.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Yea I’ve seen so many comments like “well we killed the first 3 but then weren’t able to kill last one for whatever reason, and it was too easy!”

You literally killed the trash mobs leading up to the boss. That’s it.

Anet make Rev great again.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

What you fought was not a Raid Boss…..
they were just cannon fodder…..and ONE mini Boss !

Why don’t people actually play the content for some extended time before writing [censored] about it !!!

I’m Already tired of seeing people jumping to conclusions, just because they were allowed to play a single encounter, which by the way consists of just:

cannon fodder and ONE MINI BOSS !!!

Stop claiming [censored]

The jury is still out on challenging content until we get to play the WHOLE RAID !!!

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

I do wonder why this one in particular was the raid they chose to present when all the mobs you encounter are so uninteresting, literal recolours of each other.

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

What you fought was not a Raid Boss…..
they were just cannon fodder…..and ONE mini Boss !

Why don’t people actually play the content for some extended time before writing [censored] about it !!!

I’m Already tired of seeing people jumping to conclusions, just because they were allowed to play a single encounter, which by the way consists of just:

cannon fodder and ONE MINI BOSS !!!

Stop claiming [censored]

The jury is still out on challenging content until we get to play the WHOLE RAID !!!

You do realize the entire raid wing will be released in under 3 weeks time, this is what they present us, this is the feedback that is being given, now that the event isn’t even playable i’m not sure why anyone would have anything positive to say, they chose to present this encounter specifically as the introduction to raids, jumping to conclusions and first impressions is not the same thing, they just happen to be both negative in this case.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

The raid content we got to play during this beta makes me believe it was designed in 1 afternoon.
Bosses barely have any mechanics, just constantly ticking damage to force you to run tank gear or take a healer, and stupid immunity against a certain type of damage.
It all felt very cheap to me, and not enjoyable at all.

I was really hyped for the so called “challenging group content”, this is not challenging, this is just forcing people to run certain types of gear to be able to faceroll.

On top of this the design of the bosses we faced today looked really lazy, and not at all like epic raid bosses

If they wanted “challenging group content” to be easier than the current dungeons, I guess they succeeded, but being able to duo said “challenging group content” on the first day of release kinda shows its not that challenging at all

I guess this is only a beta, and doesn’t show the full potential of the raids, but it kinda makes me wonder why they would use this dull set of mobs/bosses for a first impression.

You haven’t killed the boss yet. I’m glad you’re saying content you haven’t beat is too easy, seems smart.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Why are people so confused by the fact that these first three mobs are NOT actually the boss? It seems like something is not right in how these trash mobs are being presented.

People need to hold onto their “too easy” judgements until the boss is actually dead. I think feedback about how mechanics are working is still valuable but just rushing in here saying “OMG CONTENT TOO EASY” isn’t all that valuable to arenanet.

Disapointed with raids

bladex.9502

So trash mobs shouldn’t have any mechanics at all?

The only reason nobody beat the “REAL boss” because we had no chance at exploring its mechanics because we instantly got kicked from the instance.
But believe me, the health moved pretty fast with 7 elementalists, and if we didn’t get oneshot by some mechanic we had no clue about because it was literally our first time there we would have just facerolled it like any instanced PvE content already existing in gw2.

If this is what the raid content is gonna be like people will find efficient ways to do it a few days after release, and the class balance they want to achieve isn’t gonna be there.

Like I already said, this is only 1/3 of an actual raid wing, but why would they let us play this dull and boring part?
This is a huge letdown for me, and lots of other people as can be seen by reading the forums, and I honestly don’t understand the thought behind this

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Laggo.8973

Laggo.8973

Why don’t you try beating the boss before you say it’s too easy?

I bet you haven’t even seen the triple split phase…

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I do wonder why this one in particular was the raid they chose to present when all the mobs you encounter are so uninteresting, literal recolours of each other.

Probably because they want to test the most basic of what they have in store?

I’m generally not that optimistic when it comes to updates/the way that anet handles things but I don’t think this ranting is very rational. Did you even kill the Vale Guardian yet?

No offense but I don’t understand what reason there is to be upset right now other than that the squad UI along with raids were disabled temporarily, resulting in a buzzkill for the day. As far as mechanics are concerned, there’s literally only one raid boss in this demo instance and we’re beta testing it. Not only is it incomplete, but we have half a dozen or so devs actively checking every thread and looking for feedback. In fact, this is the most dev activity I’ve ever seen on this subforum.

So with that in mind I really don’t see what the problem is right now. Even if the mechanics aren’t desirable for the boss, they’re a lot more engaging than anything else is in this game.

Disapointed with raids

bladex.9502

we have half a dozen or so devs actively checking every thread and looking for feedback. In fact, this is the most dev activity I’ve ever seen on this subforum.

Which is exactly why a lot of people are giving feedback atm, in the hopes that devs actually do something with it, unlike our experiences in the past with issues left undressed for months or even years.

I don’t see why we shouldn’t be allowed to give feedback because its only a small part of the complete raid.
After all its still a part of the raid, and if at least 1/3 of the raid has boring mechanics that’s not good for the complete experience.

People skip 70% of all mobs in current dungeons because they are boring and barely have any mechanics, and forcing you to kill those trash mobs, instead of actually giving them cool mechanics and making them worth killing sounds kinda sketchy to me.

Its pretty obvious why nobody has beaten the final boss yet, and that has nothing to do with it having some kind of super hard mechanics, because those were average at best, it has more to do with being kicked from the instance immediately.
I’m sure people will be able to beat the “real boss” fairly easily when we can actually play the raids again, but I guess we will have to wait for that

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

You do realize the entire raid wing will be released in under 3 weeks time, this is what they present us, this is the feedback that is being given, now that the event isn’t even playable i’m not sure why anyone would have anything positive to say, they chose to present this encounter specifically as the introduction to raids, jumping to conclusions and first impressions is not the same thing, they just happen to be both negative in this case.

You do realize that is not entirely correct? They said that the Raids in Guild Wars 2 wouldn’t be out at the launch of Heart of Thorns, but rather staggered post release to allow players to work on Mastery progression first. I believe the word was that raiding would be delayed by a week? That would make it about a month from now, to get our first little taste of the raids. Additionally, the The Final Beta Weekend Event Begins October 2! article states “Here you’ll be able to take on [ the first encounter of our first raid wing ] as you search for the missing soldiers. This is [ the first of four ] total encounters in Spirit Vale—we’ll save the other three for when we activate the first wing in the live game so we don’t give away too many surprises.” People could have paid a slight bit of attention before complaining too much. We have no idea how the other encounters will be. Chances are the first one(s), are going to be easier, before it starts to get challenging. A-typical raid design in practically every MMO there is.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I only got to try the raid encounter once before it was pulled because of the squad UI messing up and blocking us from actually creating a proper party, but from what i did play, and from what i’ve read of others experiences, you’re over reacting. More than just the over reaction, you’re being needlessly rude and vitriolic for no real reason.

You’ve not even completed the content yourself, yet you make a thread like this that offers no constructive words, no suggestions, or no mention of things that you did like. Instead you just launch into a tirade of shallow insults and mindless buzzwords like “dull”, “boring”, “lazy” and “cheap”, it’s pretty pathetic to see. The raid did had a few issues, i don’t think anyone would say it was 100% perfect, but it was three trash enemies and a small boss, this isn’t the final raid endboss, nor is it totally finished with regards development, this is not the end of the world.

What makes this kind of post even more abhorrent is the fact that this board has currently got more developer activity than it’s probably ever had. They’re hyped for us to play their new content, they’re looking to open a dialogue with us and they certainly seem to be saying the right things when it comes to being accepting of feedback and constructive criticism, so why not offer them this instead of getting upset and throwing a tantrum? I’m not one to understand why developers run away from forums when they have heat on them, but the past has shown us that they do, so with that in mind it seems silly to me that anybody would want to drive them away like this.

Maybe it’s just me, but i think there are better ways to get a point across than purposefully berating the people you’re wanting to listen to you.

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

I don’t even have the expansion, watching a group of clueless people on twitch, barely communicating spike the boss to 80% on their second attempt was enough to make me wheeze, along with the unavoidable/immune bs, or losing a percentage of your health every second to make the encounter more ‘challening’ whatever the meaning of that is. Maybe I shouldn’t give feedback, because clearly none of it has ever been taken.

Edit: yeah I was mistaken 4 weeks instead of 3, shoot me

(edited by Evapor.6849)

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

The dungeons devs didn’t run away they left the company or got fired, Robert Hrouda is spoken pretty highly of in this forum he interacted with the community alot and took in quite a few suggestions, you make this our like some sort of personal attack on the developers when it’s actually just being upset that during the presentation of raids was very lackluster and was very quickly axed due to an unforeseen bug.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I’m sure you already beat the last boss that no one did somehow. Vids or no proof of it being easy

Tour

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

The dungeons devs didn’t run away they left the company or got fired, Robert Hrouda is spoken pretty highly of in this forum he interacted with the community alot and took in quite a few suggestions, you make this our like some sort of personal attack on the developers when it’s actually just being upset that during the presentation of raids was very lackluster and was very quickly axed due to an unforeseen bug.

I’m aware of Hrouda, and what people think of him, but the dungeon team being no more doesn’t really explain ANet’s general reluctance to reply to people on these forums. Bladex has a right to be upset with the content, just as you or anybody else does, i just don’t agree with how he went about conveying his concerns.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I hope they stocked up on popcorn in Bellevue for tonight, this stuff is gold.

You played watched a twitch stream of a roughly balanced beta test of trash mobs and one boss. You saw a group get the boss to 80% before wiping, and are calling the entire raid effort garbage based on that.

I’m not saying not to be critical, nor am I trying to whiteknight, but let’s at least wait until we see the boss go through all of its phases and actually get defeated before we start kittenting on it.

Right now we’ve got more devs on here then ever before, and they’re actually talking, listening, and keeping us updated. This is unprecedented. Since we’ve actually got their attention at the moment, maybe it’d be a good to give constructive feedback and approach this with the goal of working with them to improve the content, rather than just kittening and trying to beat them down.

In the past, yes, we’ve been ignored and neglected. Right now we’re not — perhaps we could try to keep it that way? They’re putting in the effort to make raids work. So should we.

Disapointed with raids

Purple Miku.7032

Which is exactly why a lot of people are giving feedback atm, in the hopes that devs actually do something with it, unlike our experiences in the past with issues left undressed for months or even years.

I don’t see why we shouldn’t be allowed to give feedback because its only a small part of the complete raid.

But see I’m telling what I told to a person that just flat out admitted he doesn’t even have the expansion. He hasn’t even tried it, he’s just watching it:

I don’t even have the expansion, watching a group of clueless people on twitch

What valuable feedback could anet get from a person like this who’s just blindly raging about something he hasn’t even tried for himself?

I agree with you about the significance of us giving them feedback bladex but what I’m trying to say is, this guy in particular isn’t providing anything helpful for them whatsoever and it’s only going to make them resent having to interact with us in the longrun when people behave like him.

Keep in mind they aren’t even required to post on the forums as it’s not a part of their job descriptions. They’re just doing it because they’re excited about the content they’re making and want our feedback.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

Like I’ve said being 4 weeks from release, not much is going to change other than the obvious game-breaking bugs like the squad UI, I watched a twitch stream because I don’t plan on buying the game. I wanted to buy the game this weekend but nothing changed my mind and I’m not naive enough to actually believe any of the promises given all the updates to instanced pve in the past have been lackluster, like aetherpath and fractured springs to mind, aetherpath being the complete communication disaster and lack of playtesting made it into a repeatable path which is 50% unskippable cutscenes, really small chance to get something remotely valuable and no actual longevity.
People keep saying this is beta thing are going to change, what about all the content that isn’t being tested? I saw a group of what I would consider to be not so great players get past the first three encounters rather quickly once they found out how to beat them, then without knowing the mechanics of the last boss rushed into the encounter dps him down and kind of learned the mechanics by wiping then they got booted. I have a terrible memory, but maybe you can point out where I called the raid garbage.

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

But see I’m telling what I told to a person that just flat out admitted he doesn’t even have the expansion. He hasn’t even tried it, he’s just watching it.

What valuable feedback could anet get from a person like this who’s just blindly raging about something he hasn’t even tried for himself?

Money is an object to me, maybe you can tell anet to send me a copy of the expansion for free to. Weird that you say im raging, more like dissapointed, aren’t you the one that ragequits like on stream all the time?

(edited by Evapor.6849)

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I have a terrible memory, but maybe you can point out where I called the raid garbage.

Let’s see! Maybe you didn’t say “garbage.” But! You called it “bull kitten”, “kitten stupid”, you said “10 man is a kittenty organization concept”, made reference to “The same kittenty mechanics”, etc.

I mean, it was pretty easy. All you had to do was search for the word kitten and then I saw all your valuable, backseat, Twitch stream feedback.

I hope my post has helped your terrible memory.

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

I stand by all those, but I never specifically said the raid was garbage the mechanics are in fact garbage, just making bosses immune, random tick unavoidable damage is garbage. Raiding has always been a concept that’s puzzled me because the more people that something requires to participate in does not make it more challenging in fact it does the complete opposite, each players job becomes less and less important as there is always going to be massive disparity between player skill levels, all it will end up being is a 10 man raid with x outstanding players x average and a larger number of bad players.

I think the raids could be amazing, if I thought the raids were garbage I wouldn’t be here posting I would have moved on to a different game, I just think they could have chosen a better first encounter.

Disapointed with raids

Purple Miku.7032

Money is an object to me, maybe you can tell anet to send me a copy of the expansion for free to. Weird that you say im raging, more like dissapointed, aren’t you the one that ragequits like on stream all the time?

Yeah, I do ragequit on stream sometimes when things don’t go my way and I tend to lose patience quickly depending on what mood I’m in and what’s happening. What relevance does that have to this thread and how does that change the fact that right now you’re blindly raging about something you have nothing to do with?

I’m pretty calm and rational right now whereas you’re being self-entitled and immature, complaining about something you haven’t even given a chance to try for yourself. What makes you think that any of the negative things you’re saying about anet is going to convince them to change their content?

And if money is a problem for you and you’re not buying the expansion then this shouldn’t even be an issue for you. You have literally no reason to be so upset right now, so take a breather.

Disapointed with raids

dlonie.6547

And there’s no possible way that there are some balance issues the first time they release it for widespread playtesting? It’s impossible that they made it a little easier intentionally in the beta so that more people could get through it and be able to provide feedbacks on mechanics/feel/playstyle?

C’mon. Listen to yourself.

Also, calling the first three guardians mechanic-less and “literal recolored” copies of each other doesn’t make it look like you have a clue what you’re talking about. They each have different mechanics that are noticeable when you’re playing. They’re not complex mechanics on their own, but that’s how game design works: introduce elements on their own so players can learn how they work before trying to sort out several unique mechanics combined on a single boss.

Anyway, feel free to continue your armchair critique. It’s quite entertaining :-)

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Are people really surprised passive unavoidable damage is a thing? I feel like we’ve known this was coming for a while, and that we’ve known there was a ton of desire for even longer. They’re not completely in the wrong on it. Now personally I hate the idea with a passion. However, the whole GW2 community has been clamoring for it for a long time, it’s just our niche dungeon/fractal community that fell in love with the focus on active defenses.

This is the next step in PVE content, I wish it was just like Lupi without reflects but more intense, but what we’re getting is something that the GW2 community has begged for, and that is a reason to play tanky/healer type builds. Having not tried them yet, I won’t comment too much, but from what I’ve heard that’s what has been delivered, whether you actually need a healer type build or a tanky type build will be a matter of organization and execution, I’m under the impression it’s tame enough that that’s not out of the question, but it will certainly stress us. Again, I was hoping they wouldn’t do that, but I’m not surprised at all.

Disapointed with raids

Nokaru.7831

There is something constructive I’ve learned from some of these rage posts. A lot of it comes from people mistaking the trash for bosses. I think that is some pretty interesting. People see Legendary and they think it’s the boss! Maybe they should’ve just made them Champions or something; or maybe their flavor text should’ve indicated they were just minions of the Vale Guardian?

People mistaking the first three trash creatures for bosses is a pretty common mistake.

I talked to one person on Reddit who got the boss rather low, and they seem pretty excited by it. I think many of the guilds that made progress on the actual boss are keeping silent until they’ve seen it to its completion.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Lol, OP has no clue what they’re talking about there is 4 encounters in this first wing and we haven’t even down the 1st encounter, no one has even pushed 50% of the first guys wing to my knowledge, if so pics please : )

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Espada.2158

Espada.2158

Do you understand that those so called ‘’ bosses’’ was only 3 guards? and I’m pretty sure the final one is the Final Guard, stop judging and pulling/posting up useless threads that you don’t even know what you’re talking about. It’s beta. You’re only skinning the surface of the new mechanics of HoT, if you’re not enjoying the ‘’Beta (Not even Launched yet)’’ then go log off and play runescape, heard it was 3D go complain about how u want 4D.

[Watching a Somali mother pick up a gun]
Specialist Mike Kurth: Don’t do it lady!

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

Yeah no-one has pushed 50%

Disapointed with raids

Jerus.4350

And there’s no possible way that there are some balance issues the first time they release it for widespread playtesting? It’s impossible that they made it a little easier intentionally in the beta so that more people could get through it and be able to provide feedbacks on mechanics/feel/playstyle?

C’mon. Listen to yourself.

Also, calling the first three guardians mechanic-less and “literal recolored” copies of each other doesn’t make it look like you have a clue what you’re talking about. They each have different mechanics that are noticeable when you’re playing. They’re not complex mechanics on their own, but that’s how game design works: introduce elements on their own so players can learn how they work before trying to sort out several unique mechanics combined on a single boss.

Anyway, feel free to continue your armchair critique. It’s quite entertaining :-)

Exactly, I’ve done countless betas (ok honestly like about 13 for EQ and those were a good 1-2 months long and I think like 8 for DCUO about 3 weeks for these) and the general rule is they tune down the raid for testing as they want you to get through it initially for bug testing, then they ramp it up and maybe have you do a tuning pass then either slight tune up or down for live, usually up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not too concerned on the tuning(still something to keep in mind though) and more on the design/bugs/play of it.

Disapointed with raids

Nokaru.7831

At least you correctly identified what the boss was this time, unlike the other garbage you posted. Err, my mistake; not “garbage”. Bull kitten!

Disapointed with raids

Evapor.6849

So much denial it’s unreal, if you want yesmen goto reddit please, that way you can censor out if you don’t want to read criticism.

Disapointed with raids

Nokaru.7831

So much denial it’s unreal, if you want yesmen goto reddit please, that way you can censor out if you don’t want to read criticism.

I will make one more (vain?) attempt to help you understand. Some people think that if anybody, even a few people, defeat (or even make progress on!) something then it isn’t challenging enough.

Spoiler Alert: If something can be beaten, it will be beaten unless it is literally impossible. The question is never “Will the best guilds defeat it?” because the answer to that is always “Yes.” The question that actually needs to be asked is “How good do you need to be to do it as well?”

The point is, victory or even progress does not directly reflect upon how challenging something is. You learn more about that by how many people can’t to do it rather than if anybody actually can.

Disapointed with raids

Jerus.4350

Am I one of them? if so that’d make my night.

Seriously, you gotta cut some slack during beta stuff, people get overworked things happening, porting stuff to live servers really changes how the game handles things.

As far as the raids are concerned, they’re what I expected but not what I wanted from what I’ve heard so far.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I saw a stream where people were doing duo Arah Path 2. They killed all the trash mobs up to Operative Belka, the first boss. Then they got her to 80% before wiping (i.e. down 20%).

Clearly since Arah Path 2 is designed for 5 players, it’s garbage content that’s not even remotely hard. It’s not challenging. The bosses have barely any mechanics at all. It’s just forcing you to run certain stuff to face roll it.

Or maybe that’s a terrible conclusion to draw. Who can tell, other than those with basic knowledge and average reasoning skills?

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I don’t know man, no one has a reason to be in denial because we have no clue how many phases the boss is completely and no one does. We have little to no information, we have 4 encounters to face in the first wing and no one has beaten the 1st boss within the 4 bosses we face. I’ve played the encounter, it was quite fun and only got Vale Guardian down to 93%, wiped and crashed from the UI bug. Yeah, I see your reddit link, someone got him down past 50%, awesome but do we even know if it has more phases afterward? No, we don’t at this time . We will have to see how it plays the rest of the weekend, if we even get to play it at all.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

The only for me so far was the first trash/mini boss that teleport you didnt understand the mechanic, if is just teleport or if theres other stuff besides that i was good, we even wipe 1m in in the real boss because we fail couple of aoe´s

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

The bosses on the ledge to the east of the zone are too easy too. They die in a few hits, you don’t even need a group. So much for challenging group content. And they’re all the same. What up with that?

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

we have half a dozen or so devs actively checking every thread and looking for feedback. In fact, this is the most dev activity I’ve ever seen on this subforum.

After all its still a part of the raid, and if at least 1/3 of the raid has boring mechanics that’s not good for the complete experience.

People skip 70% of all mobs in current dungeons because they are boring and barely have any mechanics, and forcing you to kill those trash mobs, instead of actually giving them cool mechanics and making them worth killing sounds kinda sketchy to me.

Its pretty obvious why nobody has beaten the final boss yet, and that has nothing to do with it having some kind of super hard mechanics, because those were average at best, it has more to do with being kicked from the instance immediately.
I’m sure people will be able to beat the “real boss” fairly easily when we can actually play the raids again, but I guess we will have to wait for that

People don’t skip trash because it’s “boring”. Virtually every trash of every game is boring.

People skip trash in this game because:

a) The silver elite mobs are hp sponges with no meaningful loot tables, meaning it’s not profitable to spend extra time killing them because Arenanet doesn’t want people to farm and make good money off dungeons, otherwise they won’t buy their gems to convert to gold.

In every other MMO except FFXIV (because FFXIV has virtually no trash mobs in its raids, you go straight to the bosses), the trash can drop epics and other raid quality gear/profitable drops.

b) Because this game lets you. In any other MMO, skipping trash is made impossible by some means. FFXIV, even Wildstar raids now.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

With 1:39 time limit.

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

I don’t know man, no one has a reason to be in denial because we have no clue how many phases the boss is completely and no one does. We have little to no information, we have 4 encounters to face in the first wing and no one has beaten the 1st boss within the 4 bosses we face. I’ve played the encounter, it was quite fun and only got Vale Guardian down to 93%, wiped and crashed from the UI bug. Yeah, I see your reddit link, someone got him down past 50%, awesome but do we even know if it has more phases afterward? No, we don’t at this time . We will have to see how it plays the rest of the weekend, if we even get to play it at all.

Our squad got the boss down to 75%, then all 3 trash mobs coming back at once. We did not have time to continue after that due to Squad UI was disabled again. So I believe there are more phases during this boss fight. I hope Anet will fix the Squad UI completely tomorrow

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Hennessey.2985

Hennessey.2985

With 1:39 time limit.

We were improving quite a lot each try and pretty confident that we could have beaten it the same night, then I got kicked out to character select unfortunately, and since we’ve only been 9 people the entire time we were calling it a night.

I love the fight and everyone in our group had a blast figuring it out. We had some great communication and coordination going on. It’s a cool introduction to raids and I look forward to playing more. It is the most fun I’ve had in PvE for a while in this game.

http://i.imgur.com/siruFa2.jpg

Gnome Child [Gc]

(edited by Hennessey.2985)

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Right now we’ve got more devs on here then ever before, and they’re actually talking, listening, and keeping us updated. This is unprecedented. Since we’ve actually got their attention at the moment, maybe it’d be a good to give constructive feedback and approach this with the goal of working with them to improve the content, rather than just kittening and trying to beat them down.

Remember when Regina came asking for us to develop a thread per dungeon of changes and bugs?

I remember the time that I wasted there because a dev came by and baited us. Do you remember?

There’s no excuse for being mean to them, and people who are doing that are stupid. But I just can’t feel motivated to help after being ignored on the other attempts. I hope this time is the charm, though.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Disapointed with raids

bladex.9502

Do you understand that those so called ‘’ bosses’’ was only 3 guards? and I’m pretty sure the final one is the Final Guard, stop judging and pulling/posting up useless threads that you don’t even know what you’re talking about. It’s beta. You’re only skinning the surface of the new mechanics of HoT, if you’re not enjoying the ‘’Beta (Not even Launched yet)’’ then go log off and play runescape, heard it was 3D go complain about how u want 4D.

The funny thing is that raids in Runescape are a lot more mechanically complex and challenging than what Anet presented us yesterday.
I also mentioned multiple times that I know that those 3 guards aren’t bosses, but that’s no reason for them to be brokenly easy.
We facerolled all 3 of them with 7 purely offensive geared elementalists, that kinda shows that they are brokenly easy.

I feel like you’re just another illiterate whiteknight, if you’re unable to read don’t comment.

Also for everyone making assumptions about the final boss, we got him to about 40% first time and then got oneshot by something and instantly booted.
There is no way to predict something like that if its literally your first time playing, the issue is not that its hard but that we’re not psychic.
When me and my friends just started playing this game and did AC for the first time we wiped to the spider queen, because we didn’t know how to position ourself to not get hit by the AoE, does this make spider queen a hard boss?
If you actually have 2 more tries to explore the mechanics this is just the same faceroll kitten than the rest of the game

(edited by bladex.9502)

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I will say:

I agree that the trash mobs should also pose a challenge. Seriously, it’s a raid, and every component of a raid should be difficult and force you to think. There should be priority targeting, and there should be cases where you want to switch targets. I think the trash mobs ahead of the real boss should be tuned harder.

Also, for heaven’s sake, don’t let them get pulled out of the arena and kited. That is the cheesiest feeling thing ever for the first encounter. Where you fight enemies is one of the most important, controllable parts of challenging group content. Once you allow things to be pulled to optimal locations, it starts to feel like the players are in control of the content and not the developers.

That said, once you get to the actual boss I’m pretty excited for its mechanics and challenge levels. Hopefully the distinction in this feedback between the trash and the boss is clear to the developers.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

We facerolled all 3 of them with 7 purely offensive geared elementalists, that kinda shows that they are brokenly easy.

Also for everyone making assumptions about the final boss, we got him to about 40% first time and then got oneshot by something and instantly booted.

So; you had enough time before being kicked to get 7 zerker ele’s, and with those zerker ele’s you also got the boss to 40%?

I’ll be honest; I do not believe that claim, I call BS; especially since you claimed there was a “lack of mechanics” in your OP, and ignoring the mechanics of the actual boss would get a bunch of glass ele’s killed; but you also claimed it forced you to run tanky and heal gear because of the constant ticking damage (Which was really low)? How could you possibly kill the boss with a full cast of tank ele’s and hope to kill the boss in 8 minutes when the furthest I’ve seen was wiping at 30~40% with less than 2 minutes left?

You should know better than to lie; your story isn’t adding up.

You should have at least noticed that the blue guardian was putting up a shield to gain immunity and the red guardian was immune to direct damage. You mean you got the boss to 40% but never made the connection that the boss had slightly altered mechanics of the trash mobs mechanics before it?

You’re lack of description also makes me suspicious of your 7 ele 40% burn; having done the content myself, noticed more mechanics than you appear to have, and have gotten much different opinions than yours (in more abundance), it all makes your claim feel false to me.

(edited by Malthurius.6870)

Disapointed with raids

Posted by: Fenju.2953

Fenju.2953

I don’t even have the expansion, watching a group of clueless people on twitch, barely communicating spike the boss to 80% on their second attempt was enough to make me wheeze, along with the unavoidable/immune bs, or losing a percentage of your health every second to make the encounter more ‘challening’ whatever the meaning of that is. Maybe I shouldn’t give feedback, because clearly none of it has ever been taken.

Edit: yeah I was mistaken 4 weeks instead of 3, shoot me

This comment made my day thank you !

This is some next level kitten complaining about difficulty levels of a game. The Boss dropping to 80% on the 2nd attempt (nontheless not even by yourself) doesn’t say anything about the difficulty level of an encounter. Plus the fact that it’s beta.

Please keep in mind that this is the First Boss of this Raid instance… first bosses aren’t there to be a brick walls which brake people who want to try out raiding. They are there to make you excited for the raid and give you an idea what this raid is about and maybe give you the first feel of success after killing it so you’re looking forward to the next bosses. You want players to get their feet into the raid not scare them away.
Atleast that’s what i think Raids should be structured like. You can impliment those high difficulty bosses later in the raid (like most MMOs do) so you don’t shut out people before they have even the opportunity to join.

Disapointed with raids

dlonie.6547

Remember when Regina came asking for us to develop a thread per dungeon of changes and bugs?

I remember the time that I wasted there because a dev came by and baited us. Do you remember?

There’s no excuse for being mean to them, and people who are doing that are stupid. But I just can’t feel motivated to help after being ignored on the other attempts. I hope this time is the charm, though.

God, I get this. I understand so, so well. It’s hard to believe that anything will change for this game’s PvE after what we’ve seen in the past.

But I’ll share why I have hope this time (which I’ll admit, may be foolish…).

We have the entire raid team engaged here, and they’ve given us content to test ahead of release. They are genuinely interested in seeing the work they’ve done for the last year or so be worthwhile and meet our expectations.

Regina came by and said “Look, we’re not going to be working on dungeons, but if you guys want to put together a list of bugs, we might find time to fix them.” (Regrettably, they didn’t.)

But in this case the team is saying “We’re making new PvE content, and want to make it as good as possible — let us know what you think”. They’re keeping us in the loop as things break/get fixed, and they’ve even said they want to put new instances out regularly — they even shared that they’d like to put out 6 wings/year ideally. That is fantastic news, I honestly couldn’t ask for more.

I guess my point is that if they’re putting in the effort and seem to be making a genuine attempt to produce better content than before, we should at least be constructive with our feedback. After all, the alternative is to run them off, make them regret opening up here, and lose their motivation to put out tons of satisfying PvE content. Nobody wins in that scenario.

Again, I may be foolish, but this looks different. They’re talking to us now because they’ve rebuilt what looks to be a permanent raid team — last time they did this it was because they tore the dungeon team apart.

Just my perspectives