[DnT] + Ambro - Arah P3 6:29 [World Record]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Saix.4126

Saix.4126

Hey guys o/

We reworked some of our ideas and tactics in order to give us a much cleaner and faster run. We still think the run can be sped up a bit, but this will be good for now.

As always, enjoy the run!

Guild: Death and Taxes [DnT]
The Ruined City of Arah Path 3
17/07/2015, game build 50,837
Restricted time: 6m, 29s

Participants:
Mesmer | Ravi | Saix.4126 | http://youtu.be/s2UqNonfMAg (Gamebuild at 4:54)

Thief | Ecori | EcoRI.9273 | https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=8IORw_maIxI

Elementalist | Targ | Nyspar.6103 | https://youtu.be/UeSh5U2F_Ik

Elementalist | Andrew | Sirius.2938 |

Warrior | Ambro | AmbrosialK.2653 | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WTtlJu2ATk

Special thanks to Moon for providing us with ridiculous amounts of food and Unratedx.2794 (Justin) for helping us with the record until his ping became unbearable.

Ravi [DnT]

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

Inb4 drama wave of the summer because you used the p2 waypoint. GJ though! Also brb, changing our p2 record to “[Hawt] + Ravi” :p.

Posted by: Saix.4126

Saix.4126

Ambro specially requested it! LOL

Ravi [DnT]

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I see you finally learned how to dodge those nasty risen hands huehuehue
Great job on the record!

Posted by: OrionXnAsh.3064

OrionXnAsh.3064

Finally someone who understand how to get more stealth. Good job

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Ravi waypointed and had a half second loading time this is clealrly an exploit and unfair to others who have HDDs and have slower loading times

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Nice work, folks. Smooth run.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

A long time ago, like last year, I had an rT team that wanted to try to beat the Arah p3 record a bit after SC first got it and this was one of the ideas that came up in conversation to try—- the portal using the p1/p2 waypoint.

Sandy didn’t like it, and I remember the main reason was because we didn’t know whether or not people would accept it as a valid tactic for restricted because that waypoint wasn’t a part of the path itself and isn’t intended to appear there, but it does whenever the orbs are completed.

It’s clearly a lot faster, but based off of how much people have been bickering about rules it almost makes me hesitate to try things like this. Nice job though, hope it gets accepted with no issues. Also I like Ambro’s choice of music a lot better than the rest :P

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If your tactic involves something “shady” you can always ask about it before attempting the record. That was kind the point of voting.

Otherwise you obviously risk getting rejected, even without voting.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah I know Weth, but at the time you were not curating records and it was even before the last gwscr meeting. The choice at the time meant posting it on the forums most likely.

Posted by: BlackDragon.3752

BlackDragon.3752

If your tactic involves something “shady” you can always ask about it before attempting the record. That was kind the point of voting.

Otherwise you obviously risk getting rejected, even without voting.

Why would someone ask? If it’s an issue for the community even if you asked then ppl will cry, which results in another voting. Atleast that was like it was in the last weeks.

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

Wethospu.6437

If you don’t want people crying about rules perhaps you should do unrestricted records.

Just because you find a new way to stretch rules doesn’t mean it should be automatically allowed.

Edit: Anyways, approved.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you don’t want people crying about rules perhaps you should do unrestricted records.

Just because you find a new way to stretch rules doesn’t mean it should be automatically allowed.

^

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Technically, if it doesn’t violate existing rules it should be allowed first pass. It can be settled later (votes, meetings, magic 8 ball etc) whether that tactic is something people want allowable.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Technically, if it doesn’t violate existing rules it should be allowed first pass. It can be settled later (votes, meetings, magic 8 ball etc) whether that tactic is something people want allowable.

^

very special guild tag [tX]

spoj.9672

Clearly you want everything new to be allowed though. So wouldnt it be easier just to modify unrestricted and compete on that? Otherwise restricted is completely pointless as a ruleset as it no longer serves its purpose.

Wethospu.6437

Yes, that’s technically correct.

If people want, we can approve records and then move them to unrestricted 1-2 weeks later.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree. That said, it’s funny because the last two times I’ve done this I’ve had speed run dungeon guild members jump down my throat about it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

bladex.9502

Wasn’t the restricted ruleset all about “what arenanet intended?”
If they didn’t intend that waypoint to pop up, it wouldn’t be there, so I don’t see any problem…

spoj.9672

Yeah thats why they tried to fix waypoints before and then broke them again….

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

“If they didn’t intend Wall on Wall it wouldn’t be there” or any bug ever (Alphard bomb, Lupi AA, pick your favourite)

ANet doesn’t care about dungeons, this is a kittenty argument

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

If they didn’t intend that waypoint to pop up, it wouldn’t be there,

Which is exactly why they’ve attempted to fix it and other similar bugs several times in the past.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

i wonder why people still desperately try to promote unrestricted runs.

[qT] Quantify

bladex.9502

My point is that this endless nitpicking and QQing about every small thing isn’t gonna make anything better.
I miss the times were records actually involved fun and out-of-the-box strategies, because whenever a guild comes up with a new strategy now, there first have to be 18 meetings.

This “community that decides the rules” that is often referred to is just a handful of people that like to roleplay as politicians, and most of them don’t even do records themself.
All those rule meeting threads (it’s been 28 now i believe?) are a joke, and records have only gotten less fun to watch since DnT doesn’t handle them anymore.

If you look at ANY other game’s speedrunning rulesets, there’s just gonna be any% (you can glitch whatever you want as long as you trigger completion) and 100% (no glitches, have to play trough the entire game).
No list of 40 specific rules that exclude any type of out-of-the-box strategy, no weekly rule meeting, and NOBODY has a problem with it.

I know I can only speak for myself, but there are a lot of people that share this opinion.

Edit : I already know there are gonna be smart-kitten that will say things like “go watch unrestricted records then”, but lets be honest, there aren’t many people that give a kitten about unrestricted records

(edited by bladex.9502)

Wethospu.6437

There is one vote about each thing. How is that endless? If you want an example of “endless nitpicking and QQ” then look no further than your own post.

This may come as a shocker, but things just don’t happen magically. All things in the previous “good” rules are result of someone’s decision. If you think some guilds are more important than others and should have higher influence, you can just state that.

Previously the rule set was more restricted than now. So how can you miss the old “out-of-box” game play? You think your posts make this situation any better or fun? Also DnT handled records for like a week or two. Must have been a time of your life.

There are about 28 polls, not threads. Do you really thing this has been going over half a year? But sure, I can admit that some of them are pointless, partly because of my inexperience, partly because people wanted to reverse their decisions.

If you look at any other game their content probably isn’t full of holes.

So what is your suggestion? You want me to just delete my site and let DnT handle it?

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

I already know there are gonna be smart-kitten that will say things like “go watch unrestricted records then”, but lets be honest, there aren’t many people that give a kitten about unrestricted records

Guess why

There is a difference between allowing a completly bugged boss or using an unintended waypoint and using a blink spot to get ahead faster.
Also it’s ironic that you critizize people who don’t do records (but have been around since forever) yet the only thing I associate your name with is a solo of some boss in arah. I admittedly might be wrong about that.

That being said, there is a point in reforming the unrestricted ruleset since at the moment, when your record goes unrestricted it feels like a punishment. But I don’t want a unrestricted-only ruleset either as I have explained multiple times in other threads.

To touch on what Wethospu said, while DnT handled records I think exactly three have been submitted + some that were left from gwscr.com. The only controversial ones were CoF p2 and Arah p4, where Fennec used a DPS meter (no one except the approvers noticed in CoF p2 because it is just the worst dungeon ever). But to call that “out-of-the-box” gameplay is flat out wrong

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

(edited by Cheezy.2039)

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I miss the times were records actually involved fun and out-of-the-box strategies

The more you think our of the box the less out of the box thinking remains available. Over time strategies become less innovative, until new content is granted to us.

This “community that decides the rules” that is often referred to is just a handful of people that like to roleplay as politicians, and most of them don’t even do records themself.

I believe there are something like 10 (edit: 11) guild leaders with voting rights. All these leaders are heading guilds that complete records now or have significantly impacted the record setting scene in the past.

All those rule meeting threads (it’s been 28 now i believe?)

42 is the number you are looking for.
(Edit: http://gw2dungeons.net/Voting started only last month and only 8 voting sessions have been held so far. 28 is just the number of the week of the year in which the last voting took place )

records have only gotten less fun to watch since DnT doesn’t handle them anymore.

When something does not make sense look at where the money goes. Obviously wethospu gets filthy rich from designing a website, hosting records, and managing rule decision-making. Obviously he gets more money when records seem boring. Obviously the very fact the records were at some point in time hosted on a DnT website made them undoubtedly more fun to watch. Obviously I am being sarcastic.

And this:

No list of 40 specific rules that exclude any type of out-of-the-box strategy, no weekly rule meeting, and NOBODY has a problem with it.
[…]
but lets be honest, there aren’t many people that give a kitten about unrestricted records

So nobody has a problem with unrestricted records but nobody cares about them?
Thank you for your input.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

(edited by Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867)

bladex.9502

Also it’s ironic that you critizize people who don’t do records (but have been around since forever) yet the only thing I associate your name with is a solo of some boss in arah. I admittedly might be wrong about that.

I understand why those people get to approve records, I’m just saying some of them might not be the right people for it, and that’s my opinion.
I personally would love to see the actual community being involved more, to see what the majority of people thinks about new rules, and not just a small handful of people

Element Two.7316

Long kittenpost about GWSCR rules

Guilds are able to do speedruns without recieving GWSCR’s stamp of approval y’know

spoj.9672

I understand why those people get to approve records, I’m just saying some of them might not be the right people for it, and that’s my opinion.
I personally would love to see the actual community being involved more, to see what the majority of people thinks about new rules, and not just a small handful of people

Because believe it or not most people dont want to devote their free time to approve records or get involved. Its a thankless job and it can take a lot of free time when you have to watch 5 PoV’s for a single record. Many just want to play and be done with it.

Besides everyone on the approval team does have suitable credentials. Whether you are personally aware of them is another matter. Weth didnt select people who just volunteered. He made sure everyone at least understood or had some background in the scene.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Personally I prefer gw2dungeons.net over gwscr just because they are more visible from a spectator point of view. I do however think a weekly poll is just a little overkill and makes things hard to keep up. I appreciate the idea behind it but I feel the implementation is just wrong and creates alot of busy work. However I also agree that every 6 months is too long but these are just nuances that can be worked out. But anyways let’s not derail the main reason why we are here, we need a poll on the use of waypoints of SSD vs HDD users. Its a huge exploit to have SSDs.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Guilds are able to do speedruns without recieving GWSCR’s stamp of approval y’know

No they aren’t wtf

The site that has been unmoderated and inactive for the past however long still has complete control over who is or is not allowed to do a speedrun, and has sole ownership of this power for the next 2 years

Please check your speedrun privileges

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Cookie, what Element meant is that there is nothing preventing anyone from doing a speedrun the way they want and then publish it. People do not have to necessarily take part in the gwscr competition to make speedruns if they wish so.

Of course, if they want to take part in the gwscr competition then they must follow the rules.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Now I’m just really confused

It’s clear that my post was satire, right? I was just pointing out that GWSCR isn’t relevant to anything regarding regulation anymore

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Consider this: there are three possible cases when a group makes a speedrun.

1) It follows the restricted rule set and gets approved by the community
2) It follows the unrestricted rule set and gets approved by the community
3) It does not follow any rule

Element brought up case 3. People can do speedruns without following any rule, it will not be approved by the community nor will it be published on record websites, but technically it is still a speedrun – with no public and outside of any competition, but a speedrun nonetheless.

Edit: sorry, little sleep, it wasn’t clear for me that your post was satire but anyway, gwscr is the acronym fused or anything record related nowadays

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Cookie, what Element meant is that there is nothing preventing anyone from doing a speedrun the way they want and then publish it. People do not have to necessarily take part in the gwscr competition to make speedruns if they wish so.

Of course, if they want to take part in the gwscr competition then they must follow the rules.

oh my god that joke went so far over your ahead

ahahahahahahahaha

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

But anyways let’s not derail the main reason why we are here, we need a poll on the use of waypoints of SSD vs HDD users. Its a huge exploit to have SSDs.

What’s new with this now? Hasn’t this always been the case?

I fail to see the reason to create a poll over something no one had an issue over before. There’s also a lot more hardware than just SSD vs HDD that determines the loading time, potatoes will always have a disadvantage. If loading time is such a culprit you can minimise the graphics to cut it in less than half.

However, this is just my opinion.
I really hope your post wasn’t satire

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

As a recently learned man on satire I can tell you that EcoRI’s post is indeed satire

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Element Two.7316

No they aren’t wtf

The site that has been unmoderated and inactive for the past however long still has complete control over who is or is not allowed to do a speedrun, and has sole ownership of this power for the next 2 years

Please check your speedrun privileges

Ugh I still call GW2Dungeons GWSCR