Do people actually play dungeons anymore?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

So…we know that dungeon rewards have been changed by Mo shortly after colin left, but compared to dungeon rewards Pre-HoT, i did some math and rewards are crap compared to what it was.

I know that there are raids, and fractals, and apparently people can make money off elsewhere, but i do remember the fun days where lfg was bustling with dungeon trains because it was profitable and fulfilling but not spammable, unlike the free gold you get from semi afking in SW.

Every now and then i do check the lfg in dungeons and its mostly empty, so i really just wanted to know if people actually still do them. Gone are the days were people ask for meta builds, ascended/exotic geared people for fast dungeon runs when there is barely anyone who actually do them.

TL’DR…do people run dungeons anymore? if so, do you think the change the Mo did about dungeon rewards feel sufficient? cuz i dont think it is…comments…

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

They increased dungeon rewards from where they were drastically, to where they should have been all along: rewards via tokens rather than liquid gold, which they also increased a bit.

I do dungeons all the time with people, as I’m working on the collections and actually enjoy dungeoning for its own sake rather than running around obsessed with only doing the most monetarily rewarding activity. Checking for open groups is nice, but starting your own group is better and more likely to get people to join

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Indeed they do. They are nowhere near as popular as they used to be back in the day for obvious reasons, but since the reward revamp, they still have a consistent following. With the introduction of the elite specs, most people can clear them very quickly and even atherblade path in TA is now enjoying newfound popularity through this and the fact it drops an exotic.

Also, with people running different specs for raids etc, dungeons have become a cheap way of alternate gear sets, so for example if you are a beserker druid, you can gain a full set of magi’s pretty quickly just running dungeons without having to craft a thing.

I just wish they had not abandoned them totally. It seems like such a glaring hole in the game. Fractals doesn’t really compare as it’s a different entity. When I think back to gw1 and it’s 20+ dungeons , this just seems very sad.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

People run them sometimes, but I have found that the best way to get a team is to start your own group in LFG. People will eventually join. So far I’ve had one dungeon, TA, where I had to put my group up 3 times (it kept timing out ) before people joined, but eventually they did. In the meantime I enjoy trying to see how far I can get solo. Plus fighting those elites by myself helps me improve my gameplay, or so I’d like to think at least.

Getting the achievements for dungeons should be relatively easy. But, I do think that running one enough to finish the collections will be quite difficult unless you can solo or you have a guild full of your friends who don’t mind running with you frequently.

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Nope I don’t do dungeons anymore. No point. There are better ways to make gold, I’ve completed all the dungeon armor/weapon collections, I don’t need exotic gear because I’ve got ascended gear coming out my butt, and I don’t need any of the non-armor/non-weapon items sold by the dungeon vendor (i.e. sigils, runes, Gifts).

It would be cool if Anet added more rewards to the dungeon vendor, like unique skins and/or ascended gear that are uniquely designed, or minis, or toys, etc. If they did that, I might do dungeons again.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i never farmed them and still dont but i do go for the odd path or two when i feel like it, in fact just did a cm path yesterday

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

People still do them, just not so much in LFG these days, mostly in fixed groups. I meet a lot of people doing them in CoF/CoE entrances usually, doing the unlock events while grumbling on locked dungeons :P

The reward is decent for some of the faster run dungeons. You just cant farm a single one repeatedly like before.

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

I usually do one run of every path including story of Ascalonian Catacombs, Twilight Arbor and Citadel of Flame if I’m not lazy. Sometimes I would also run Manor if I get a good group. I do them for Dungeon Frequentier achievement basically and for fun as well, not expecting that much of a profit. Dungeons keeps me fresh, since I can easily get bored of doing other things over and over

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

I love dungeons, haven’t played in 18 months though and just logged in for the first time. I am extremely excited to go through them all again! I always enjoyed being able to get new sets of exotic armor or weapons relatively easily through dungeons.

That being said, I do wish they would add more or add a higher difficulty for a challenging dungeon experience outside of the new raid content and fotm.

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~