Do people really get kicked for their builds?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

That was weird, they were votekicking the guardian but then all of sudden you got kicked out. Maybe it was a bug? Could have been that the guardian decided to leave the group himself and his votes got passed to you.

IrisTheCasual.3742

No. If you pause the end of the clip, they voted to kick me right after the guardian was ridden.

And all this time, I was actually super confused about who was the mesmer mentioned in the chat.

Posted by: Zaerah.1630

Zaerah.1630

Yes, people get kicked for using some builds or classes, but usually that is because they don’t read the lfg or are just stubborn.
I personally kick people very very rarely because i only do fracts 40 and 50 and at that point people know what to do without you having to tell them(usually). I don’t even mind some occasional rangers or necros, assuming the first point still stands.

Of course that only goes to some extend, while it may not be horrible to have one person with uncommon build or class who knows what to do, the reduced speed really starts to show up when you have more than that.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Probably got kicked because the other guys knew eachother, and they got sick of bad pugs, so they wanted to invite another friend or something like that.
Also, you didn’t path the mobs before the entities, shame on you!!!

IrisTheCasual.3742

Probably got kicked because the other guys knew eachother, and they got sick of bad pugs, so they wanted to invite another friend or something like that.
Also, you didn’t path the mobs before the entities, shame on you!!!

There were like no mobs before the entities, plus no consumables, mate!

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

then i gonna kick all other classes ^^
only rangers and necro welcome

I joined a ranger and necro only TA run a few months ago, it went surprisingly smoothly.

If you’re on NA, that was probably me. I do TA ranger/necro only runs when I feel like it. (I do kick other professions).

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

There were 2 significant time when i was kicked. First it was in hotw, just joined the party with my guardian (footnote: lfg was only guardian party) . I had time for just a short “hy” and got kicked immediatlely. The ap couldnt be problem, cuz i had the 2nd highest among the party mates.
The second one was in CoE. The lfg was the next: " only 80 exp, know what u do" no class or gear req. was added. Joined with my condi guard(yep, i knoe, not a meta build, but works perfectly in dungeons and fractals). After the golem melted in record time, the lil “friend” had the O.o face and asked, that how the kitten am i dareing to wear nonzerker armor, and i have 10 sec to switch my gear. I couldnt even answer, i got kicked. Yep, he wa a tanky joke engi, but he know what it takes to do a dungeon.

Anyway, jut got kicked for being necro only once, but they 9roperly and kindly explained why they dont want me. Thats not a problem. In the upper 2 situation was a bit wtf factor for me. Again, i know condi guard isnt meta, but works correctly, and had never problem with it.
Ppl just flaming each other, and the elitist train jusr rush forward. Yes, there is the answer " make ur own party" or “search for non zerker party” but thats not man answer if u se my kicks. The problem is the dungeon system. Ok im n8t voting for a hard holy trinity system, just unfair for the nonzerk characters to being downscaled just cuz the are not mindless hack and slash ones. The support wheel theory in tanky gears is a bad one too. It would be wiser to balace the stat scaling (toughtness and healing too) to be viable and maybe prefered. The dungeon design is kitten on the base: is ok that only zerk is faster then balanced or old school setup teams, but a kitten joke that its the same hardness. To hell with it, sweat blood with it! It isnt high risk high reward, its just no risk fast reward. Balance it correctly for no risk slower reward, extremely hard fast reward system. And it could get a timer bonus, for bonus chest, bonus tokens etc…. in the current system the dungeoneer can be elitist kittenheads cuz it allows them to be, cuz no hardness, no chalenge in taking the mindless setup. Active defence over passive is ok if there is need for it to use, and till an optimal limit. In the most dungeons with full zerk team that keeps up 25 might its even active def. Is meaningles cuz th3 boss dies faster than any deadly could happen. And its just a bad design. And they say necros are selfish… joke

(edited by Elbritil.3817)

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

There were 2 significant time when i was kicked. First it was in hotw, just joined the party with my guardian (footnote: lfg was only guardian party) . I had time for just a short “hy” and got kicked immediatlely. The ap couldnt be problem, cuz i had the 2nd highest among the party mates.
The second one was in CoE. The lfg was the next: " only 80 exp, know what u do" no class or gear req. was added. Joined with my condi guard(yep, i knoe, not a meta build, but works perfectly in dungeons and fractals). After the golem melted in record time, the lil “friend” had the O.o face and asked, that how the kitten am i dareing to wear nonzerker armor, and i have 10 sec to switch my gear. I couldnt even answer, i got kicked. Yep, he wa a tanky joke engi, but he know what it takes to do a dungeon.

Anyway, jut got kicked for being necro only once, but they 9roperly and kindly explained why they dont want me. Thats not a problem. In the upper 2 situation was a bit wtf factor for me. Again, i know condi guard isnt meta, but works correctly, and had never problem with it.
Ppl just flaming each other, and the elitist train jusr rush forward. Yes, there is the answer " make ur own party" or “search for non zerker party” but thats not man answer if u se my kicks. The problem is the dungeon system. Ok im n8t voting for a hard holy trinity system, just unfair for the nonzerk characters to being downscaled just cuz the are not mindless hack and slash ones. The support wheel theory in tanky gears is a bad one too. It would be wiser to balace the stat scaling (toughtness and healing too) to be viable and maybe prefered. The dungeon design is kitten on the base: is ok that only zerk is faster then balanced or old school setup teams, but a kitten joke that its the same hardness. To hell with it, sweat blood with it! It isnt high risk high reward, its just no risk fast reward. Balance it correctly for no risk slower reward, extremely hard fast reward system. And it could get a timer bonus, for bonus chest, bonus tokens etc…. in the current system the dungeoneer can be elitist kittenheads cuz it allows them to be, cuz no hardness, no chalenge in taking the mindless setup. Active defence over passive is ok if there is need for it to use, and till an optimal limit. In the most dungeons with full zerk team that keeps up 25 might its even active def. Is meaningles cuz th3 boss dies faster than any deadly could happen. And its just a bad design. And they say necros are selfish… joke

Btw this was likely the hardest thing I’ve ever read. Your whole opinion is just convoluted and doesn’t add up, what you’re saying is that playing pure offensive stats is easier than running tanky gear and that running tanky gear should be equally rewarding for the “risk” it carries.

You also think toughness/healing power should be be in line with offensive stats which doesn’t make any sense? the foundation of being a tank is to absorb damage and ball enemies away from your team but active defenses and teamwork mitigate any need for that, furthermore trash AI prevents external balling from even happening, they will swap targets and run at whoever is attacking them, not even taunt can bolster this kind of tactic.

Although you insist with profanity that it is elitists that are kicking you but it really isn’t, 90% of the time you’ll be kicked by pugs who don’t even know what they’re running or why they’re running it, it’s just a game of chinese whispers with meta builds.

Active defenses will always be number one over tanky stats, a wall/blinds/aegis completely mitigate attacks and if anything is overpowered it is those. Lets say next patch all blinds have reduced effectiveness and walls break after ‘x’ hits, we wouldn’t automatically hop on the tanky stats train or make a dedicated healer/tank to help us (which doesn’t even work in a traditional manner), we would instead use other active defenses like protection/weakness and more frequent stability.

very special guild tag [tX]

bladex.9502

i got kicked for playing condi guard

Then don’t play condi guard?
I mean, if you really want to focus your build around condition damage instead of power, play engi, a class on which condi builds actually work.
But if you’re playing a condi build on guard, you’re basically wasting your class’ potential, and slowing your entire group down by filling a spot that could have been filled by a better guard, that actually does damage.
Don’t blame your group for kicking you, 9 out of 10 people that pug dungeons just want to finish the dungeon quickly to get their reward, and if you slow them down by running a kitten build, people are going to want to replace you for someone that is compatible with their demands.
If you want to play condi guard in dungeons, look for a casual guild that doesn’t mind you playing sub-optimal builds, but then you also shouldn’t complain about runs taking 1 hour, while you could have been done in 10 minutes

Also, your entire rant about tank gear and healing not being viable is pointless.
Anet designed this game in a way that it steps away from the holy combat trinity, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t room for support.
A guardian in berserker’s gear can place a wall of reflect to defend your team from projectiles, so you don’t HAVE to be healed, and still deal a high amount of damage.
Having to use tank gear, or a dedicated healer, in this game just means that you don’t understand how to play your class, or use a dodge button

(edited by bladex.9502)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I mean, if you really want to focus your build around condition damage instead of power, play engi, a class on which condi builds actually work.

Pre-patch I would agree, but right now condi Guardian is a good build. About 8% less dps than zerker against single target, but more dps against group of mobs. No reason whatsoever to kick a guardian unless you want to break a record (but then you don’t pug).

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

IrisTheCasual.3742

Sinister has about as much precision as Berserker for you to benefit from Wall of Reflection.

- Damage: check
- Utility: check

bladex.9502

Pre-patch I would agree, but right now condi Guardian is a good build. About 8% less dps than zerker against single target, but more dps against group of mobs. No reason whatsoever to kick a guardian unless you want to break a record (but then you don’t pug).

And in a typical dungeon run, how often are you fighting against a group of targets, opposed to a single target? exactly…
Only place where a condition build’s DPS would get close to a power build is against targets with extremely high toughness, like abom in Arah p2

Thaddeus.4891

The only problem with condi guardian is that you are a little bit more limited in the utilities you can bring to a fight. If you want to bring 2 or 3 support utilities your DPS probably gonna suffer more than doing the same on a bezerker build.

bladex.9502

Sinister has about as much precision as Berserker for you to benefit from Wall of Reflection.

- Damage: check
- Utility: check

Judging by this guys post, I really doubt he’s using Sinister gear, and not something with toughness and healing power…

Thaddeus.4891

And in a typical dungeon run, how often are you fighting against a group of targets, opposed to a single target? exactly…
Only place where a condition build’s DPS would get close to a power build is against targets with extremely high toughness, like abom in Arah p2

And? So 10-6% less dps make the build unviable or bad? Make sure that all the party have food, potion, good rotation, good composition, max might, fury, vulnerability and then come back to kick the condi guardian. The vast vast vast majority of group don’t fulfil all of those thing. They all use meta with around 20-50% less dps than they could achieve, but will cry about the 6-10% dps lost from one guys.

bladex.9502

And? So 10-6% less dps make the build unviable or bad? Make sure that all the party have food, potion, good rotation, good composition, max might, fury, vulnerability and then come back to kick the condi guardian. The vast vast vast majority of group don’t fulfil all of those thing.

There is a difference between viable and optimal.
Also, I never said I would kick him myself, or that I agree with the people that kicked him, I was just explaining why a standard group of pugs would kick him.
Pugs are known to be kittened, and see metabattle as the holy grail and kick everybody that doesn’t use a metabattle build.
But in a sub-optimal situation where there is already a severe lack of DPS because of people not knowing what the hell they are doing, bringing a condition guardian (that probably doesn’t know what he’s doing as well) into the group will harm your DPS even more

Thaddeus.4891

There is a difference between viable and optimal.
Also, I never said I would kick him myself, or that I agree with the people that kicked him, I was just explaining why a standard group of pugs would kick him.
Pugs are known to be kittened, and see metabattle as the holy grail and kick everybody that doesn’t use a metabattle build.
But in a sub-optimal situation where there is already a severe lack of DPS because of people not knowing what the hell they are doing, bringing a condition guardian (that probably doesn’t know what he’s doing as well) into the group will harm your DPS even more

Ya but nothing is optimal in a pug group, so it make no sense to kick ‘’not optimal build’’. We find out what are the optimal builds in an optimal setup, and then pugs try to enforce those optimal build in non optimal situation.

They are kicking people that could be doing more dps than they do on arbitrary reason, just because they think that know better than they do in reality. How much time it took pugs to finally realize that Warrior don’t have the best DPS or that Ranger and Engineer are actually good in PvE.

Pugs will continue to do that, but the least we can do is to not say thing like :

I just dislike the viable vs optimal argument. Everything is viable and only one build is optimal. There is a HUGE HUGE range of build in between. From bad, to decent, to good, to great.

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

So, my condi guard covers sinister gear , so dps loss is minimal. It may be not optimal, but near as viable and useable as the common zerk guards running dungeons.
I told it before, that active def is over passive, and it’s a good thing, i dont argue with it, just told it’s just unfair that passive doesnt count in these days. ahout toughtness and healing power scaling and not knowing how to play or using dodge button: dodging is the best def. mechanism in gw2, but arguing about using it is meaningless when the pugs 80% fail to use it correctly, speciallin with the so loved stacking in a friendly corner. ahout stat scaling: it’s just sad and boring that anything but zerk with some supportive ability count as not knowing ur role or character, just a shame for game with the availability of diversity to sit in 1 role for everyone. sorry, 1 and a half, pure dps and high dps with semi support… all stat combs that aren’t dps focused (in main diredt dmg) is just trash then, for those who are lame to start with the optimal? Isn’t 80lv enough for learning one classes optimal build? and forexample take a nomad gear (stone me for teking the most tank support one). it takes time to get and craft it, and then? in the present deign it’s just wasting time for geting some trash. then enyone who get anything other than zerker (jesus maybe some sinister accessories for it) is a noob who doesnt know his/her character…. sad story i think

Thaddeus.4891

I disagree with that Elbritil. I love the active gameplay of gw2 which reward knowledge and skill to survive (in theory). Why someone in Nomad which is far more forgiving for mistake should be as good or nearer as good as a Bezerker which have zero security net.

The content right now don’t really give credit the to the system because rally can sponge a lot of the mistake Zerker can do. People that doesn’t have the skill to survive in zerker can play it because they gonna rally on the meteor shower they started before downing. The content is also not hard enough so that almost everybody can play zerker.

In a game with hard enough content and where only a small portion of the community can actually play bezerker without frenching the floor. In that situation, a little bit more defense would have it’s place. Not because it’s good, but because it give a fighting chance to normal players. Right now, you really need to be bad, you never really tried a more meta build or you are inexperimented if you really need defensive gear to survive the current content.

But Assassin, Rampager, Sinister and Bezerker should all be view as optimal or near optimal choice depending on build/profession. And anet need a little bit more work to make that happen.

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

sorry, 1 and a half, pure dps and high dps with semi support… all stat combs that aren’t dps focused (in main diredt dmg) is just trash then, for those who are lame to start with the optimal?

Anet early said GW2 would have no trinity. But ofc you still need damage. The more the better, like in all games. So it was clear: max. dps Equip will be the best, if you can handle it.
Healing, toughness, vitality is only good when you are forced to bring them: trinity game. Or when you don’t lose damage when you bring them.

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

For a little perspective, Fractals are meant to be very difficult content so encountering groups with these kinds of restrictions seems realistic. Maybe one thing we could all work on is being a little more understanding of players who aren’t extraordinary and then I think this “issue” would be less exaggerated.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.