Do people still hate/avoid RANGER and THIEF?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It’s rare that I see a ranger with anything but a bow. Out of all the rangers I’ve partied with in dungeons I’ve seen maybe 2 use something else. You are in the one percent. Which brings up the topic point.

Most dungeon rangers feel really entitled, and just 1-spam with shortbow.

Personally I swap between Greatsword and Axe/? depending on the situation. I’m a big fan of Torch fire fields, and the perma-weakness on foes.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I stick with Longbow and Greatsword in dungeons. Don’t laugh about the LB though, it provides some excellent cover-fire for other players. You’d be surprised how often I grab aggro just through the LB…and I’m a trap ranger!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Rangers are the worst class for most dungeons and definitely the worst for fractals. Your group should be grouping up mobs and cleaving them. Rangers have single target dps which adds little value in that scenario which consists of half or more of a dungeon. Their utility value is out shined by other classes as well. They are a burden at high level fractals and lead to longer runs and more wipes because of these 2 things.

Thieves are middle ground as far as classes go but if your group has no problem skipping or doing the content then mesmers and guardians have better utilities and warriors have better dps so it’s better to bring them instead. I don’t mind having a good thief in the group though.

The problem also is the players’ mentality. Rangers are a very laid back class to go wander around with. When it comes to dungeons it seems like most don’t know the content, don’t know their class, don’t know how to dodge, don’t know how to manage pets, and don’t want to have any responsibilities like picking up the hammer. I’ve seen so many thieves just run in and die over and over again or just range the whole time and very few that really know how to play their class. That is another reason why people avoid/hate these classes.

That’s odd, my drakes, greatsword, and axes cleave on every attack. But last time we played together we were beating Simin on our first try (back during Simin hard mode) and I was full on single target DPS so maybe you don’t remember that ranger cleaves. I regularly reflect 50k on lupicus phase 2 aoe as well akitten every target for 5000 with path of scars using clerics armor. But, yeah, surprised you didn’t know rangers cleave like that.

It’s rare that I see a ranger with anything but a bow. Out of all the rangers I’ve partied with in dungeons I’ve seen maybe 2 use something else. You are in the one percent. Which brings up the topic point.

Well you know, Range is in the ranger’s name, so why use anything other than a bow? like that’s what real rangers are all about right :P.

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

The 2nd is because some parts of dungeons require ranged

Which? I cant think of a single encounter in named dungeons where that is true.

TA 2/3 Oak bosses. Party usually wants to range, makes it slow and boring but gotta go with what the majority of the party wants, not to be an kitten .

SE Path 3, also gotta do what he majority of the party wants. I personally rather LoS him in the corner because it’s much faster BUT most PUGs I joined wanted to range him from top of platform.

CoE path 3, most wants the ranger to SB/LB him when his shield is down, since it saves time to run to him and back up. Again, slow and boring.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

TA 2/3 Oak bosses. Party usually wants to range, makes it slow and boring but gotta go with what the majority of the party wants, not to be an kitten .

SE Path 3, also gotta do what he majority of the party wants. I personally rather LoS him in the corner because it’s much faster BUT most PUGs I joined wanted to range him from top of platform.

CoE path 3, most wants the ranger to SB/LB him when his shield is down, since it saves time to run to him and back up. Again, slow and boring.

Only TA Fw/Up final boss is kinda broken for melee since you’d probably have to clear room full of spiders. Don’t really know how people do it thesedays since I’m always swapping to low level char.

Rest are definitely more profitable in melee.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Huh? I must say I havent been playing last 2 or 3 months but why would people hate on thiefs? They do about as much dmg as warriors, in some situations they do even more than wars, and their team stealth helps alot when skipping O.o
Did they nerf them or something? Srsly dunno why someone would hate them.
I disliked Necros, Engineers and Rangers. (Ranger was my main. But for dungeons War is much better)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

its the players. not the class. I’ve met amazing necro, engi, and rangers (all the good rangers I’ve met use melee weapons most of the time funnily enough) with pugs, but a lot of them failed so bad you just don’t want to see another one of them anymore.
Even the guardians, and wars have loads of bad players (signet warriors anyone? guards that doesn’t even know a reflection wall exists?).

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

This game is so easy, yet we have complete elitist jerks who ruin the game by wanting to run 3 ZERKER WARRIOR GUARDIAN MESMER ONLY, and want to exploit/skip/take every shortcut possible.

Everytime I make a dungeon group on gw2lfg, I put no shortcuts, no exploiting, and no skipping. Why play the game if you’re going to skip all of it? Why play a game if you only play for the reward, and not the journey? Neglecting certain classes like THF and ranger is also crazy. You do not need a certain class set up to do any content in this game besides maybe 50+ fractals, which are 0.001% of the games content.

Stop being elitist jerks and play the game for fun, not for loot in a game where you can’t even get better item stats because exotics is the best gear, and ascended is purely time-gated meaning hardcore farming COF speedruns and trying to make infinite money and have more gold than everyone doesn’t make you stronger at all.

Seriously, there are no stat upgrades at the end of the dungeon, there is no drops with character progression(besides cosmetics) that you are getting from the end of the dungeon. Why do you need to clear it as fast as possible and farm it? Enjoy the kitten game.

If the only way you can have fun is being an elitist jerk, trying to tryhard everything with flavor of the month class comps, and make everything easier/faster by skipping 95% of the content and making the content as easy as possible you should probably play a different game. This game does not cater to people like you, and this game is as anti-elitist as you can possibly be.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

This game is so easy, yet we have complete elitist jerks who ruin the game by wanting to run 3 ZERKER WARRIOR GUARDIAN MESMER ONLY, and want to exploit/skip/take every shortcut possible.

Everytime I make a dungeon group on gw2lfg, I put no shortcuts, no exploiting, and no skipping. Why play the game if you’re going to skip all of it? Why play a game if you only play for the reward, and not the journey? Neglecting certain classes like THF and ranger is also crazy. You do not need a certain class set up to do any content in this game besides maybe 50+ fractals, which are 0.001% of the games content.

Stop being elitist jerks and play the game for fun, not for loot in a game where you can’t even get better item stats because exotics is the best gear, and ascended is purely time-gated meaning hardcore farming COF speedruns and trying to make infinite money and have more gold than everyone doesn’t make you stronger at all.

Seriously, there are no stat upgrades at the end of the dungeon, there is no drops with character progression(besides cosmetics) that you are getting from the end of the dungeon. Why do you need to clear it as fast as possible and farm it? Enjoy the kitten game.

If the only way you can have fun is being an elitist jerk, trying to tryhard everything with flavor of the month class comps, and make everything easier/faster by skipping 95% of the content and making the content as easy as possible you should probably play a different game. This game does not cater to people like you, and this game is as anti-elitist as you can possibly be.

Cosmetics are more important than stats for many people.

Even in WoW I would bet you there would be in uproar if the next tier set was the same look but just better stats. People play for cosmetics, not stats.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

TStop being elitist jerks and play the game for fun, not for loot in a game where you can’t even get better item stats because exotics is the best gear, and ascended is purely time-gated meaning hardcore farming COF speedruns and trying to make infinite money and have more gold than everyone doesn’t make you stronger at all.

You should know that there are people who find getting good loot as a form of fun. They want those special skins and rare items (even if there are no stat bonuses) because they think they’re awesome. How do you get the majority of those skins? You farm the money. You shouldn’t hate on people just cause they want to do something slightly differently than you. By your own logic, all people trying to farm for a legendary must be elitist jerks because they aren’t just staying happy with the ac/cof/karma/wvw weapons they have.

When they are excluding classes, that’s a problem but excluding builds isn’t. If you’re a bunker engi with an elixir gun, stay out of dungeons. You might not be going down and might be keeping people up, but a condition short bow ranger will be doing more than you in a run. If you want to be doing pve there are only 2 builds that anyone should be using when they figure out how to play the game reasonably well. Zerkers and ppc or w/e the condition dps build is. Every class can heal themselves, every class can buff themselves or the team, it doesn’t matter what gear you’re running, the extra buffing you MIGHT be doing is negligible. Going max damage is almost always the best way to help your team in a dungeon (99.9979625% of the time, I did the math).

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

After my first few hours of playing ranger and almost solo’ing lupicus (failing at 10% health, probably going to redo it today…) i just have to say that ranger is definitely the worst profession in pve. I always knew rangers were extremely weak but after playing one myself now i was shocked – how can a profession deal less damage than a mesmer without reflection, clones or phantasms. Meleeing Phase 1 was kind of horrible, first of all the pet was annoying but luckily it was gone after a few seconds because it cant even survive one locust. Second thing is the autoattack chain. GS Autoattack #3 interrupts dodgerolls after 0.1 seconds. It basically is an evade too, but doesn’t always work when it should. The third thing is the damage, as already described. Meleeing phase 1 Lupicus took me 10! Minutes. Even a ranged mesmer is faster, however that can be possible.

And that was only Lupicus, for other content the Sword Autoattack Chain makes you unable to control your character, pet will activate itself whenever you enter combat (even by just taking alling damage) and draw more aggro than i imagined (that it would after the “patch”).

So there is just one thing left to say: i feel so unbelievable sorry for you rangers because really in every situation a 4 men team is better than a 5 men team with a ranger. Going to complete the lupicus solo and then never touch a ranger again.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

ive been kicked several times also, because i was no warrior, guard or mesmer..
happens in CoF the most and Caudecus lately.
(with my ranger, necro and ele)

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Stop being elitist jerks

Stop telling me how I should play the game. Go make your own carebear groups and forget about ours.

You’re just whining about the fact that you can’t join our groups. Deal with it, make your own. You shall have no say in how we run our party.

For me, speedclearing content efficiently and getting things quickly is 90% of the fun. For you, taking up to an hour with random bad pugs might be your own notion of fun. But it’s yours, and only yours.

I don’t think you know what a carebear is. From the way you post on the forums, I don’t think there are a lot of people breaking down doors to be in your group.

Every group I did Null with was incredibly disappointed by the content. “Is that it?” was one of the most common responses. Speed clearing essentially attempts to turn every dungeon into something akin to Null + old school Orr CC nightmares between the fights (which was almost universally hated) – just tkittenential boss fight that spawns the loots. Your “fun” is simply the loot, when you are sacrificing everything else to complete the run as quickly as possible, it’s not the experience you are prioritising, it’s the loot at the end of it.

Dub.1273

@Shiren, how can you know that?
I do personally have more gold than i need. Nevertheless im focused on doing content fast, becquse thats my endgame. If i miss 3g from the arah reward (60 tolens) i personally don’t care. If i miss fighting lupicus i.e. i’d be “mad”.

Different players enjoy same content by different ways. Live with it.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Every group I did Null with was incredibly disappointed by the content. “Is that it?” was one of the most common responses. Speed clearing essentially attempts to turn every dungeon into something akin to Null + old school Orr CC nightmares between the fights (which was almost universally hated) – just tkittenential boss fight that spawns the loots. Your “fun” is simply the loot, when you are sacrificing everything else to complete the run as quickly as possible, it’s not the experience you are prioritising, it’s the loot at the end of it.

How can you possibly expect us to be excited about the journey when you have to do 20 runs of one dungeon to get a full set of armor. More if you want weapons and more if you have alts. Then because it’s the only half interesting PvE activity at endgame, we’ll be running it even more. I only completed Dungeon Master a couple weeks ago and already my Hobby Dungeon Explorer has filled up 20 times. If I had gotten DM last year I’d probably have upwards of 1000 points on that title. This game’s rewards aren’t designed such that you do the content once or twice and that’s it. You have to do it over, and over, and over….

That’s why people want to minimize time in dungeons. So, you go play in your stop and smell the roses groups, and leave us to play in ours. Stop telling us how to play in our groups.

Retired. Too many casuals.

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

How can you possibly expect us to be excited about the journey when you have to do 20 runs of one dungeon to get a full set of armor. More if you want weapons and more if you have alts. Then because it’s the only half interesting PvE activity at endgame, we’ll be running it even more. I only completed Dungeon Master a couple weeks ago and already my Hobby Dungeon Explorer has filled up 20 times. If I had gotten DM last year I’d probably have upwards of 1000 points on that title. This game’s rewards aren’t designed such that you do the content once or twice and that’s it. You have to do it over, and over, and over….

That’s why people want to minimize time in dungeons. So, you go play in your stop and smell the roses groups, and leave us to play in ours. Stop telling us how to play in our groups.

If dungeon is good, i would do it 1000 times, regardless of reward.

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

So if the dungeon rewarded a full set of armour in 2-3 runs, a weapon or 2 on the 4th or 6th run, and gave at least a gold and a ecto drop, you would take your time on that dungeon? And still run it numerous time just for the hell of it.

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

yea I hate thieves.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: Advert Paperer.7059

Advert Paperer.7059

Why play a game if you only play for the reward, and not the journey?

The journey is important to me. During gameplay, I want to feel useful and empowered (this is basically the main reason that people play video games, aside from a few horror or puzzle games wherein disempowerment is used to build tension).

My character is a Mesmer specialized for crowd control and projectile reflection. I can bring several enemies together and immobilize them. Alone, I can’t do much (Mind Wrack and Blurred Frenzy – then withdraw before I get killed), but it does give my teammates an opportunity. When I see them seize that opportunity, it makes me feel useful. Examples:

• Warriors and Guardians can charge in and execute a cleaving melee attack
  • Thieves can perform a mass-Blind and execute an attack combo against a high-value target
  • Necromancers and Elementalists can drop a pulsing or channeled AoE on the group, getting in quite a few hits before the targets will be able to disperse
  • an Engineer’s course of action will depend on their equipped weaponry and cooldowns, but they can usually do something with the opportunity (grenade barrage, big ol’ bomb, flame blast, glue shot, supply drop, blunderbuss, etc)
  • a Ranger’s options are fairly limited. Barrage is ideal, but it may not be available due to its long cooldown. Traps are a good option if traited and equipped. Path of Scars is decent, but many Ranger players show up for dungeon runs with a pair of bows and wouldn’t consider using anything else.

Too often, the experience of fighting alongside a Ranger simply becomes disappointing. I’m not talking about DPS or speedrun times; I’m talking about little details which make me think “nice move!” or “great combo!” or “wow, that guy is putting a lot of effort into supporting the team.” When I team up with Rangers, such moments are much more rare.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

So if the dungeon rewarded a full set of armour in 2-3 runs, a weapon or 2 on the 4th or 6th run, and gave at least a gold and a ecto drop, you would take your time on that dungeon? And still run it numerous time just for the hell of it.

Under those ideals I’d run the dungeon over and over to farm the hell out of it. Now, if the dungeon run was as long as arah 4, I will skip every possible thing in sight to get to the end as fast as possible. If it is as fun as arah 2 (minus abom, too much hp and not challenging in the slightest), then I will do the content because it’s one of the few fun things in this game. If it’s like CoF p1, then everyone and their mothers will farm it and I will try to avoid it unless I’m desperate for money. I would, however, be willing to kill the trash IF they drop decent loot that is unique to the dungeon.

yea I hate thieves.

You’re the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

Ok so a Taylor Swift reference.. So what am I missing here, the humor?

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Stop being elitist jerks

Stop telling me how I should play the game. Go make your own carebear groups and forget about ours.

You’re just whining about the fact that you can’t join our groups. Deal with it, make your own. You shall have no say in how we run our party.

For me, speedclearing content efficiently and getting things quickly is 90% of the fun. For you, taking up to an hour with random bad pugs might be your own notion of fun. But it’s yours, and only yours.

I have fun playing the game, I don’t have fun turning it into a MLG tournament, especially this games PVE, which is by far some of the easiest PVE in any MMO I’ve played. Want to be challenged? Go go do WOW hardmodes, they are much more challenging than this games, but I find this games much more fun.

I didn’t know “playing for fun, clearing content, but not making it zero fun by tryharding/mlging it up and needing to speed run with mesmer/guardian/warrior only” made me a carebear. I’ll remember how much of a carebear I am next time I’m WVWing and SPVPing and killing people.

I >>DO NOT<< want to be in your groups. I make groups that are the complete opposite of your groups (no skipping, no shortcuts,no exploits) on purpose, because anytime I’ve grouped with players with your mentality I’ve had 0 fun. I do not like your playstyle, I do not find it fun, I used to have fun playing like that when I was younger. I don’t anymore, I don’t see a purpose to it, and I just want to have fun pl aying the game. I have more fun killing every mob and killing bosses the way the devs meant they were supposed to be done, and have zero fun if I’m making easy content even easier by running mesmer/guardian/warrior only, skipping 95% of trash(which I constantly get rares/t6 mats off of, and AOEing stuff is fun), and exploiting bosses so that they can’t even fight back, or making easy bosses even easier with silly speedrun exploits.

I’ll have full ascended gear in 2 more weeks of guild missions, and I just came back to the game(had 0 laurels, 0 guild mission commendations, 0 pristine fractal relics) 1 week ago. I do not need to ruin my own fun and make easy dungeons even easier to get the best gear in this game.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Shiyo,
If you called others jerks by not adhering to your way of fun, it’s only fair for them to call you a jerk (or carebear) by not adhering to their ways of fun. Any mature person wouldn’t care how others playing their games. To each their own.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Shiyo,
If you called others jerks by not adhering to your way of fun, it’s only fair for them to call you a jerk (or carebear) by not adhering to their ways of fun. Any mature person wouldn’t care how others playing their games. To each their own.

And that’s what happened to the League of Legends community. I can be elitist, and you can be a carebear. But guess what, next thing you know everyone is doing the same way. I just hope it’s not the former.

@OP I tried joining a lvl 10, TEN, FoTM this morning with my ranger alt. I got kick twice with 2 different groups. I just cannot imagine how these players do 30+ FoTM. That never happened on my ele main even if there’s two other ele.

(edited by Yenn.9185)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

• a Ranger’s options are fairly limited. Barrage is ideal, but it may not be available due to its long cooldown. Traps are a good option if traited and equipped. Path of Scars is decent, but many Ranger players show up for dungeon runs with a pair of bows and wouldn’t consider using anything else.

This in itself is part the problem; “rangers use bows” attitude amongst rangers themselves. The bows are poor AoE weapons, and fractals and dungeons often involve large numbers of mobs; a ranger with a GS and traps (And a drake pet) can absolutely wreck grouped enemies on a par with a warrior while remaining extremely tanky; yet such rangers are few and far between to actually encounter in PUGs, more often sitting on the back row spamming arrows from their longbow.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

You know, in most other games people with different goals co-habitate just fine because the dungeon experience is universal and fixed across all runs.

Coming to this game from that really makes all this divisive drama seem astoundingly unnecessary and even a bit silly. Drawing a line down the center of the looking for group pool and proclaiming that both halves stay on their own side isn’t exactly ideal conflict resolution.

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Rangers and thieves are not the lowest of the low imo. They have some pretty good dps when built right.

Worst imo is necro. Their ranged attacks are awful. Axe is ok but the range is often too small.

Posted by: chris the concerer.2974

chris the concerer.2974

obal my main is a ranger now shocking but if they use a long bow and maybe a great sword you can hit tons of enemies i go for a power percussion crit damage build so i hit hard and i hit lots of people so dont say we only hit one person alright

Posted by: chris the concerer.2974

chris the concerer.2974

ow sorry and one more thing himie has it right there are a few good rangers out there just not enough of us so thats all I’m saying before i get angry

RyuDragnier.9476

If you’re bringing a Ranger to a dungeon, it’s likely going to fit one of the following roles (depending on the build).

Crowd Control (traps are amazing for this)
Tanking (dodging and our already high toughness help with this immensely)
DPS (sword with some secondary weapon is good for this)

Those are the reasons why I’ll allow Rangers into my party when I’m looking for a party for dungeons. Almost every time they’re either DPSing the enemies down, crowd controlling with traps, or they’re playing the tank and aggroing the hell out of most things while dodging them and keeping themselves alive.

Thieves, I don’t see much of, but the ones I see almost always do a good job, so I have no problem with them in my party either. If anything, the “No Thief/Ranger” rule people like to throw out seems to weed out the good thieves and rangers for the parties to use.

[hS]

Dub.1273

Guys – Rangers do not hit hard. They hit like a warrior wielding a steady weapon.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: hippocrytehyppo.3506

hippocrytehyppo.3506

Okay, so i am a pretty good ranger for my server, i am also a commander on it. I also fare well in dungeons, if you take the time with your ranger it pays off, i suggest searching builds and going with what suits you best. As far as for dungeons and stuff i am in a pretty big guild and a higher up as well so i usually get people that will tag along relatively quickly, i suggest joining a big guild our trying to find a dungeon group, because honestly between my warrior and my ranger, im picking ranger every time. ( i beat a warrior and a guardian in 1v1 duels in wvw only class i cant beat is necro at the moment ) so if you like your ranger Keep with it youll be fine

haviz.1340

Okay, so i am a pretty good ranger for my server, i am also a commander on it. I also fare well in dungeons, if you take the time with your ranger it pays off, i suggest searching builds and going with what suits you best. As far as for dungeons and stuff i am in a pretty big guild and a higher up as well so i usually get people that will tag along relatively quickly, i suggest joining a big guild our trying to find a dungeon group, because honestly between my warrior and my ranger, im picking ranger every time. ( i beat a warrior and a guardian in 1v1 duels in wvw only class i cant beat is necro at the moment ) so if you like your ranger Keep with it youll be fine

Duels in zvz have how much exactly in common with dungeons?

Posted by: hippocrytehyppo.3506

hippocrytehyppo.3506

ow sorry and one more thing himie has it right there are a few good rangers out there just not enough of us so thats all I’m saying before i get angry

unfortunately yes the good rangers are few in number, but im glad i know what im doing with this class for once haha, but yes a good ranger can dodge like crazy and hit like a machine, using piercing arrows you hit through enemies a lot, for dodges use sb skill 3 normal dodges then lightning reflexes, then it regens so you can dodge again then sb is active again, rinse lather repeat, take almost no damage!

haviz.1340

unfortunately yes the good rangers are few in number, but im glad i know what im doing with this class for once haha, but yes a good ranger can dodge like crazy and hit like a machine, using piercing arrows you hit through enemies a lot, for dodges use sb skill 3 normal dodges then lightning reflexes, then it regens so you can dodge again then sb is active again, rinse lather repeat, take almost no damage!

And deal no damage!

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Hmm I notice a conspicuous absence of numbers from this post. Also, quite the emphasis on dodging. That probably comes in handy on all those bosses that you can dodge roll to death.

Retired. Too many casuals.

RyuDragnier.9476

Traps haviz…traps. Also, think about it. If the ranger is tanking, everybody else is doing the damage without worries while the ranger is holding the aggro. I worry about this generation of gamers if they can’t think outside of the box like this…

[hS]

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Traps haviz…traps. Also, think about it. If the ranger is tanking, everybody else is doing the damage without worries while the ranger is holding the aggro. I worry about this generation of gamers if they can’t think outside of the box like this…

What does tanking have to do with gw2 pve? Maybe your out of the box thinking isnt as good as you assume.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

RyuDragnier.9476

If you’re tanking, you’re holding all the aggro. Which means the other players don’t have to worry too much about being hit, and don’t have to evade as much, meaning the DPS is constant and fast. Think about it, if you have 2 Warriors, an ele, a thief, and a ranger, and the ranger is holding all the aggro regardless of the others do, is there really a drop in how fast the boss is dying?

[hS]

haviz.1340

If you’re tanking, you’re holding all the aggro. Which means the other players don’t have to worry too much about being hit, and don’t have to evade as much, meaning the DPS is constant and fast. Think about it, if you have 2 Warriors, an ele, a thief, and a ranger, and the ranger is holding all the aggro regardless of the others do, is there really a drop in how fast the boss is dying?

Hm, in my version of GW2, most mobs have cleave or AoE attacks.

RyuDragnier.9476

So you’re saying you can’t move while attacking, that you can only attack while standing still?

[hS]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I play classes besides my Warrior and Guardian because I enjoy the other classes, and to me, the enjoyment I derive from playing those classes at the cost of at most 10 minutes in a super long dungeon is worth it. Grinding with the same class repeatedly isn’t fun for me, so I don’t do it, and I don’t make others do it if they’re with me.

I can speed run stuff, and have, and it has its moments, but 4 warrior / 1 mesmer groups for everything in the game really bore me, so I spread the love a bit.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

haviz.1340

So you’re saying you can’t move while attacking, that you can only attack while standing still?

The only boss I care about, yes. You can’t move if you want to kill him faster. Also, please explain how exactly can you get an exclusive aggro?

Dub.1273

I wonder if any of those guys who claim rangers useful has actually played gw2.

Sure a ranger can tank. A berserker guardian can tank better, does more damage and provides additional support.
A berserker warrior can tank too while dealing 20 times as much damage and more support than a cleric ranger.

Dub | [rT]

RyuDragnier.9476

I wonder if you’ve partied with any good rangers at all, Dub.

[hS]

Rising Dusk.2408

Rather, he’s just partied with better W / G / M. Rangers aren’t bad, they’re just not good compared to the GW2 PvE trinity.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Rather, he’s just partied with better W / G / M. Rangers aren’t bad, they’re just not good compared to the GW2 PvE trinity.

You have an interesting way to make poor people feel like a millionaire. You should be the head of Anet. Everything is still as worse as it is but everyone is happy playing it.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

haviz.1340

We all have partied with awesome tanking rangers.

Rising Dusk.2408

You have an interesting way to make poor people feel like a millionaire. You should be the head of Anet. Everything is still as worse as it is but everyone is happy playing it.

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what is being said here or how it relates to what I said.

Dub.1273

I speak from my own experiance trying those professions out. And even the best ranger would loose against an average pug Warrior (which is extremely bad lol) in contributing to the group.

Dub | [rT]