Do people still run TA's new path?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Do people still run TA’s new path? or it is dead?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

My group and I still haven’t ran it O_o

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I ran into it and semi-successfully attemped to solo the beginning, only to learn in process that the ooze puzzle is likely to require a group. “Oh well, maybe later.”

“Later” is yet to come.

That’s irrelevant to the topic though, I am just drunk and feel like talking to people.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Ran it once. Even successfully run, it was too long for my tastes … and that of my group. Especially considering the rewards are:

1) not matching the risk/difficulty
2) not inline with the other rewards from other dungeons

It’s a ‘story’ dungeon … don’t run it if you don’t care about interesting story and poor rewards. On the other hand, do run it if you want your ‘more than average’ difficulty in dungeon running.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

no, haven’t got around to it

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

< 30 mins for 2g, and the hologram room at the end that’s just a mess.

we sometimes do it but not often, it’s on our low priority list on dungeons to do within the day.
until there’s a clean strategy for that holoroom i don’t think we’ll be interested in doing it very often.

Also, that unskippable conversation at the beginning of TA..wow ..annoys us every single time

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

The best strategy for killing the 8 hologram generators is to split up IMO. Each person takes 1. I found out it could be done after the rest of my team died and had to solo the remaining 6 generators on my mesmer.
The electricity deals no damage when downed and you can rally off of the holograms.

I agree the unskippable conversations/movies need to be changed. So annoying.

Overall, the dungeon is fun and mechanics require more than dps→dodge→repeat.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

no, haven’t got around to it

when the two filthy AP hunters want to get the achievements done I’m sure we’ll be spending some time there.

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

until there’s a clean strategy for that holoroom i don’t think we’ll be interested in doing it very often.

We just go to the lift pads counter-clockwise and kill the holos that come to us, this takes out two holo-generators at a time, and allows for easy rez/rally if anyone is having difficulty tanking the charges. Huge cleaves and PbAoEs are really useful for that part.

I hope they fix the really crappy geometry from the busted generators, though, that is kitten frustrating.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

No one is going to seriously run it until conversation/cutscenes can be skipped. Probably needs a reward tweak too.

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

No one is going to seriously run it until conversation/cutscenes can be skipped. Probably needs a reward tweak too.

Agreed, this and how many parts of the path revolve around NPC aggro RNG are why I don’t like to run it.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The path is fine as it is. I have run it at least 10 times so far and still enjoy it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Ive beat it about 4 or 5 times but never again will i run that path

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No. It’s not worth it at all. Even Forward/Up was better than that. Why did they destroy that path for one that has nothing to do with Twilight Arbor itself? Seriously, aside from the jungle wurms and Nightmare pups in that one part, that place could be anywhere else and not much would have to change.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Forward/Up was better, I miss the deathly swarms and geysers puzzle. I’m not going to run aetherpath anymore, boring, long and the “alarm” voice is making me a headache O.o. also the rewards are poor

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I only have “Who’s in charge here?” left for the meta but haven’t been bothered to look for a group that primarily want that achievement.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This dungeon has extremely little replay value IMO.

The first time I ran it it was a blast. I was figuring out the mechanics and it was like solving a puzzle.

The 2nd and 3rd time it was just annoying. It was too long and the only reason I liked it in the first place was figuring out what to do.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Well with only 2 responses in 14 pages (the one on page 14 was “Fix F/U”), I doubt they will read this much less consider tweaking anything.

That aside, I agree it’s too long (cut scenes etc) and good rewards are either to dependent on rng (named of dreams) or not balanced with time/effort to be worth replaying it.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

The fact that it has long unskippable cut scenes as well as annoying non-combat related puzzles means that they designed with the intention of nobody ever doing it a second time, except AP grinders.

Whoever designed this (probably the same person who designed the Atherblade Retreat, another total failure) should probably be put in charge of coming up new guild challenges and guild puzzles. But no more dungeons, thanks.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I thought it was a reasonably fun dungeon path. However, I think Arah and Fractals are more fun and if I’m going to commit to a long dungeon, I’ll go to one of those unless a friend/guildie just needs the achieve.

Posted by: ThePovinator.4059

ThePovinator.4059

looking for 3 others to do “Whos in charge here” achievement, ill be on tomorrow afternoon send me a pm or mail if u wanna join and know what ur doin

Posted by: Jon.3752

Jon.3752

I thought it was pretty fun, but they need to up the rewards if they want people to do it more. And give an option to skip all of the cutscenes, too. Right now the time and effort isn’t worth the reward.

Dryten ~ [DnT] ~ Blackgate

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

i still need it regularly, if you want achivement run thats fine as long as we complete the dungeon. msg me if you want, but must be a competent group and at least have done it a few times before