Do you play for Fun? Tokens? or Both?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hasteo.6437

Hasteo.6437

Q:

Just a quick poll.

As it stand right now, I just play to grind tokens for armor. DE’s are sorta fun but once I have my gear I don’t see a reason to keep playing them? Other then some extra Karma, maybe if we had a chance for better loot drops I would consider on continually playing them?

Hasteo [EVOH] – Maguuma

(edited by Hasteo.6437)

Posted by: neck.2159

neck.2159

A:

Fun and friends need the tokens. I’ve had up to 1.5k tokens of some dungeons in stock, just rolled an alt and geared it or salvaged for ectos. It’s also decent money if you don’t die every mob.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

I play for fun and tokens.

Yesterday, a friend and I did a two-man AC run of Hodgins’s path to challenge ourselves, and it was pretty interesting. Now, we have something to do while we wait for our dungeon regulars to log on. :P

Although not truly perfected yet, I feel the dungeons offer a more concentrated style of play for team dynamics compared to open world PvE. My group and I are always trying to discover new strategies to improve the efficiency of our runs, which makes it interesting for us.

For us, dungeons are a great way of farming karma, coin, and leveling alts. We alternate dungeons and paths, of course. Some of us are working on legendaries, so extra tokens are used for dropping exotic dungeon reward weapons into the forge for a chance at a precursor; at its worst, it turns into an exotic that you can sell for a gold or higher in the TP.

In the past, we’ve been helping each other obtain the gear we wanted from dungeons, and now that we’ve helped all our friends, we’re focusing on obtaining the dungeon master title (only arah dungeon remains). After that, we’ll probably randomize the dungeons we do daily just for the hell of it.

Anet is working on a lot of things to improve the dungeon experience, so it will be interesting to revisit old dungeons to see how they have changed. Some of the interesting things that will be implemented (posted by Rob) eventually are improved loot tables, fixes to object hit boxes (burrows, blossoms, etc.), and tweaks to various dungeons.

Posted by: neck.2159

neck.2159

> Some of us are working on legendaries, so extra tokens are used for dropping exotic dungeon reward weapons into the forge for a chance at a precursor; at its worst, it turns into an exotic that you can sell for a gold or higher in the TP.

… and I never thought of that. Well I know where the next batch of CoF token is going now.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

> Some of us are working on legendaries, so extra tokens are used for dropping exotic dungeon reward weapons into the forge for a chance at a precursor; at its worst, it turns into an exotic that you can sell for a gold or higher in the TP.

… and I never thought of that. Well I know where the next batch of CoF token is going now.

Yeah, I think this may be part of the reason why they don’t want to award us with too many tokens. It seems that they want us to have this option to use the mystic forge, but not kill the market.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

fun & tokens

and in the case of AC, money.

Posted by: Kuzeer.5320

Kuzeer.5320

For the ladies….. >.>

And fun & token and a little tpvp

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Fun and tokens

However the dungeons are just not that much fun to repeat in most cases unfortunately

Paths like Honor of the Tides are just really boring

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Mostly fun, but the loot that comes with it is nice. I’m not really interested in most of the dungeon skins.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Fun and group social interaction

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Mostly for the tokens, though on occasion you do get an awesome PuG and just curb stomp. I do love clean gameplay execution.

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

Mostly to just hang out with friends, otherwise I wouldn’t even bother logging on anymore.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Both .. and I have done about 100+ explorable runs

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I play for the 26 silver at the end sadly. a million more dungeons later I might be able to afford a dusk precursor.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Graywolves.8023

Graywolves.8023

Fun and Tokens.

I’ve already got my gear so I use the tokens for forge in foolish hopes of getting Dawn or Dusk.

I generally enjoy running dungeons, challenging myself and my group. One of my friends is reluctant to do Arah much since we got dungeon master but I love fighting Lupicus, until I never die on him and get a quick kill/one shot I’m never gonna feel like I’ve done it enough.

CoE I’ve ran a little too much but I enjoy the Alpha fights. Part of me wants to get a full set from every dungeon but there’s other goals I’m working towards like getting my Legendary.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I’m still occupied with trying out new strategies / builds / professions, so I guess you could say I’m playing for fun. And I AM really having fun.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

at first i played for fun. After 10 runs of same path it becomes for tokens. After 30-40runs it gets boring for tokens and knowing you have no chance of getting any rare loot its pretty boring x over 9000.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.