Does Lupi Scale?

Does Lupi Scale?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

Greetings

I’ve been having an argument with my Ex this morning about Lupi.

She says that Lupi scales in damage, hp and the number of bolts he fires during Phase 2/3 based on the number of players / NPCs that are in the Dungeon when it starts and is therefore a lot easier to solo then to kill as a group.

However my experience with Dungeons is that the only thing that scales in the number for AoE Player Targeted attacks a boss does (due to less players). However Damage / HP feels like it remains the same. So the number of bolt Lupi fires during phase 2/3 would be less because there are less players, but the amount of damage (ie one-shotting most people) would be the same.

Has anyone does any research on this?
Is soloing Lupi that much easier cause its one person and not 5 (if all 5 know what they are doing)?

If true why don’t people start dungeons with a whole party and not just themselves and add people later (ie dungeons scaling to one person) to make the ride easier?

-Morte

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Dungeons do not scale.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Quite sure you’re correct in that you get more projectiles with more targets but that’s the only change. I believe you can even cause this with various “pet” type things, like using Fire Elemental Powder or the like. This just means more reflect daamge is possible, and I guess you could say it’s tougher to dodge the bolts in a group, but that’s only really true if you’re not properly defending yourself anyways (spending the entire attack in evade frames or away from where the bolts will hit).

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

You mean necrid bolts?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Only number of targeted bolts scale. Damage and HP do not scale.

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Yes, he does. less people = harder

Just another Arah veteran

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

There is no scaling. Phase 2 frenzied blast scales the amount of projectiles per player/npc in range. But thats the only scaling that occurs. And each grub lupi eats will increase its armour and damage very slightly. Although with 1 or 2 grubs its negligible.

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Greetings

I’ve been having an argument with my Ex this morning about Lupi.

She says that Lupi scales in damage, hp and the number of bolts he fires during Phase 2/3 based on the number of players / NPCs that are in the Dungeon when it starts and is therefore a lot easier to solo then to kill as a group.

However my experience with Dungeons is that the only thing that scales in the number for AoE Player Targeted attacks a boss does (due to less players). However Damage / HP feels like it remains the same. So the number of bolt Lupi fires during phase 2/3 would be less because there are less players, but the amount of damage (ie one-shotting most people) would be the same.

Has anyone does any research on this?
Is soloing Lupi that much easier cause its one person and not 5 (if all 5 know what they are doing)?

If true why don’t people start dungeons with a whole party and not just themselves and add people later (ie dungeons scaling to one person) to make the ride easier?

-Morte

It does not scale HP, the damage done by each bolt, but the number of bolts in phase 2 and the numbers of bolts in the transition between phase 2 and 3 do increase. (If the damage did increase, it would simply be a 1 shot on every player on every skill, which it is not, and if HE did as well, it would take a lot longer than it currently does without 1 shotting, since it takes around 10-15 minutes soloing it.

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

She’s foolish, OP.

The only thing that is relevant to this is that his frenzied blast attack in phase 2 targets each entity a total of three times. The rest of the projectiles are RNG and will land randomly dispersed throughout the arena within a certain range. You can maximize your mesmer’s feedback by doing things such as thieves guild, glyph of lesser elementals, etc… as they will each be targeted twice for two more guaranteed projectile reflects.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Not sure how much though

Attachments:

Just another Arah veteran

Does Lupi Scale?

Jerus.4350

She’s foolish, OP.

The only thing that is relevant to this is that his frenzied blast attack in phase 2 targets each entity a total of two times. The rest of the projectiles are RNG and will land randomly dispersed throughout the arena within a certain range. You can maximize your mesmer’s feedback by doing things such as thieves guild, glyph of lesser elementals, etc… as they will each be targeted twice for two more guaranteed projectile reflects.

Is it just 2? I thought it was 3 waves of attacks, is it just 2 of them that are targetted and the other one is purely random?

Does Lupi Scale?

Purple Miku.7032

Sorry Jerus I meant to type 3, not 2. I messed that up because I was thinking “phase two” while typing it lol. I will edit that now

Does Lupi Scale?

Jerus.4350

Cool, I just thought I didn’t understand it as well as I thought I did.

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Wait, there’s more than just 3 projectiles targeting an entity, but only two appear to be completely accurate.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Does Lupi Scale?

Jerus.4350

Wait, so Miku was correct initially?

I thought it was 3 waves of projectiles, with 1 projectile for each target in each wave, and then extras that hit randomly throughout the area (without red circles much of the time because of too many projectiles).

Is that not right? I’ll often just dodge out of the initial wave which generally hits at his feat where I am (I assumed targetted) get back and be on the move till the third wave starts then blink/leap/whatever back under him and not be hit by the third wave (usually) which was targetted further out.

Does Lupi Scale?

Purple Miku.7032

No I’m pretty sure that is right Jerus, there’s only 3 projectiles that actually target an entity but it so happens that they happen within the short amount of time that it takes for a player to execute two dodge rolls, so if you time it properly then you’re able to avoid all 3 of them with double dodge. The rest of them are RNG, but they are dispersed throughout an enclosed area based off of where Lupicus is.

I’m quite certain that this is it because I was testing it with my ele by standing still and using magnetic aura and I’d only see 3 projectiles reflected. I can test it again but not now because I’m lagging way way too badly ingame to play.

Does Lupi Scale?

Dub.1273

The rest of them are RNG, but they are dispersed throughout an enclosed area based off of where Lupicus is.

Definitely not. They partially come random, but their trajectory is still influenced by your movement. Run away from him before he starts the aoe and nothing will land even close to his feet. You can easily test that as thief with sword 2 or even as warrior.

The accurate amount of projectiles is two, if I’m not mistaken, which you can test by standing still. You always see 2 reflects (given you don’t die), anything above that is random.

Dub | [rT]

Does Lupi Scale?

Jerus.4350

Not even gonna pretend to know it as well as either of you. For the double dodge though, do you wait till he like releases the bolts or when he hugs? I know i usually dodge back about the time his arms reach his chest. then I’ll strafe like half a second to a second, then either dodge or blink back in. So maybe I’m doing the initial dodge early? I just know if I don’t do that little half second or so strafe and get back under him too soon I often get splatted.

Does Lupi Scale?

Purple Miku.7032

Meh I’ll test it again but still pretty sure it’s 3 and not 2 because two times in a row I reflected 3 hits on ele with magnetic aura… but that’s not a huge sample size anyways so it’s not too unlikely I just got lucky.

Does Lupi Scale?

Dub.1273

Meh I’ll test it again but still pretty sure it’s 3 and not 2 because two times in a row I reflected 3 hits on ele with magnetic aura… but that’s not a huge sample size anyways so it’s not too unlikely I just got lucky.

~.~

Dub | [rT]

Does Lupi Scale?

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

So does magnetic aura work for you then? I’ve asked a few people how they use it, but I’ve personally found it pretty unreliable. Even if I stand very still, right in his circle, as his only target, I occasionally get hit even with magnetic aura on.

Does Lupi Scale?

Dub.1273

That’s because only two (or three) of his projectiles are accurate. You still draw more to your position, but if it lands a meter left of you, you don’t reflect it but get hit by the explosion.

Dub | [rT]

Does Lupi Scale?

Purple Miku.7032

Magnetic Aura is RNG because as dub pointed out, it only will reflect if you are in the direct center of the circle aka the exact point where the projectile lands, otherwise you just take splash damage from it landing. The same thing with magnetic wave on focus for D/F. The projectile actually has to hit you, not land near you.