Doing Raids Without Voice Chat/Talking?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Are there any groups out there that are doing silent raids run or groups that do not require you to talk?

I have full ascended gear and I’m currently enjoying my time in FOTM Tier 4, and I’d love to be able to do raids, however my biggest obstacle is that I do not want to have to talk to anyone (in voice) – no reason as to why, but I just don’t like talking with completely random strangers.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You can do raids just fine without talking but you do have to listen

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Play like a God and you don’t have to join any voice comm.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I really hate silent raids. Sure, I know all the mechanics and I can do everything just fine, but voice chat enables your team to improvise much better. Pubs who screw up even a single cannon on a silent Sabetha run, for instance, are typically screwed. Meanwhile with voice chat you can get a backup there and clear it before the next time that cannon comes around. This is also true for no updraft Gorseval where a few downs can make you fail the no updraft at the last 33%… but with voice chat you can communicate an impromptu updraft and still get the kill that go.

Just do yourself and everyone else a favor and have voice chat. As long as someone calls it, no one else even has to talk and it works so much better. As maddoctor said, however, you just need to be able to listen. There’s never an obligation to talk.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

You can do raids just fine without talking but you do have to listen

This.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Are there any groups out there that are doing silent raids run or groups that do not require you to talk?

In my experience most group do not require you to talk. I’ve done some “no-ts” runs in my pug days, some were even pretty decent. But in general I do not recommend it. Too much can go wrong and it is just so much comfortable to have the voice comm.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I play like a Goddess so I don’t really need/like voice chat but generally I join to listen because it is expected of me.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Just going to throw this out there as something no-one seems to have mentioned.

Have you tried playing with friends?

To save time I’ll put an answer to the inevitable “my friends don’t want to raid/not enough friends/they’re nomads guards who press 1 on the lootstick”.

Have you thought you might make new friends by joining a regular raid group or a training run.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I haven’t join ts or voice for many months for my raids..

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

https://youtu.be/pCUXAHv16FY
sab this week with pug without voice :P
(excuse me with the mouse clicking)

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Feanor.2358

Just going to throw this out there as something no-one seems to have mentioned.

Have you tried playing with friends?

To save time I’ll put an answer to the inevitable “my friends don’t want to raid/not enough friends/they’re nomads guards who press 1 on the lootstick”.

Have you thought you might make new friends by joining a regular raid group or a training run.

I forgot to raise that point. Going on TS/Discord doesn’t feel like a hassle when you know you’ll be having fun with the same people and you’re going to laugh on the blunders you all make.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

raiding while deaf is very difficult

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

joining discord or ts doesn’t mean you have to talk. for most commander, you being able to listen is good enough.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

A silent group would require you to be experienced and to know everything you are supposed to be doing without being told.
Kind of makes starting out with raids infinitely harder when aren’t willing to communicate or at least listen to voice chat. However, it isn’t completely impossible. Make your own squad if you can’t find any.

Personally, the major draw to play an MMORPG is the amount of people and getting to know them and communicating with them. Each their own, I guess.

Feanor.2358

It’s not just about knowing everything without being told, you also have to know the timing perfectly – and it should match the timing of your teammates. It’s just so much easier to do something in unison with voice chat.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Personally, the major draw to play an MMORPG is the amount of people and getting to know them and communicating with them. Each their own, I guess.

Dunno why this was even included. No one cares what draws you to MMO’s, as it has nothing to do with the topic. This is half baked condescension.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

A silent group would require you to be experienced and to know everything you are supposed to be doing without being told.
Kind of makes starting out with raids infinitely harder when aren’t willing to communicate or at least listen to voice chat. However, it isn’t completely impossible. Make your own squad if you can’t find any.

Ah this! I often join random training raid group on lfg to kill time. Most silent/typetrain group are vulnerable to disintegration once problems arise without any active discussion for solutions. I tend to stay longer with groups having discord or TS. Coordination is much faster, easier and compliments, correction and callouts prove useful to the progression of training runs.

Also I find it funny but people who talk fluently on Voice comm tend to be chill and respected. On the other hand, keyboard warriors are like the most shy creatures on earth who can’t crack even a hello on comm.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids