Don't eliminate "Res-Rushing"

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

“Res-Rushing” as this article refers to it is not something that should be discouraged. Most of you have played dungeons, and know how often you can go down. Most often, during a boss fight at least, your party members may not be able to reach you when you are knocked down.

A good example of this is the Kohler fight in Ascalonian Catacombs. If you don’t dodge in time you can count on going down. If 3 or more of your party goes down then the remaining players most likely will not be able to reach you yet. It takes awhile to bring yourself back into the fight when you can’t kill an enemy, so many times in fights like these you will be defeated. Your only choice at this point is to “Res-Rush” to prevent your whole party from being defeated and the boss fight restarting.

If “Res-Rushing” is removed, then most often you will not be able to get back into the fight if you are defeated, and after 2-3 players are downed there is little hope for winning that fight and all players will be defeated eventually. This won’t emphasize teamwork, because if you are too busy being annoyed (and often yelling) at the guys who didn’t dodge Kohlers instant-kill attack, and reduced your team to 3.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Which means you actually have to dodge and work together which emphasizes teamwork.

You can do every single dungeon without dieing if you learn the encounters.

Other games don’t have rez rushing, how many raids or dungeons have you done where you beat bosses by endlessly dieing and rezing? Because I can’t think of any I’ve personally played.

Rez rushing is a crutch for bad players who don’t actually know how to play.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

No, please do eliminate it.

Using Kohler as an example like you did, if 2-3 players are downed, you use onw of the two remaining players to grab kohlers attention, pull him away from the downed ones and the other one helps res them, if you all die due to kohlers AoE, you don’t deserve to kill him until you learn the mechanic, and adapt.

Many classes have abilities that can be used to Resurrect a player instantly without being near them, if you can’t use this properly, then again, you don’t deserve to win the fight, if you use it, and then the player it was used on instantly gets downed again by another of Kohlers AoE, then he needs to Improve, Res rushing isn’t a tactic, it’s a zerg, it basically enables the most brain-dead of groups to get content done that they shouldn’t be able to do in the first place.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

Which means you actually have to dodge and work together which emphasizes teamwork.

Other games don’t have rez rushing, how many raids or dungeons have you done where you beat bosses by endlessly dieing and rezing? Because I can’t think of any I’ve personally played.

witch helps them learn the strats cause they will learn over time what to do. having to repair armor was bad enough but now this… not being able to get back into battle is bullkitten

Strifey.7215

witch helps them learn the strats cause they will learn over time what to do. having to repair armor was bad enough but now this… not being able to get back into battle is bullkitten

It doesn’t help you learn strats, it gives you bad habits of not learning strats because you can run back in.

You learn strats by completing a fight from start to finish, even if you have to wipe while doing so.

You don’t learn strats by getting “multiple lives” and taking twice as long to kill things because you have to keep running back.

Whether it’s multiplayer or single player games, 99.9% of games don’t have “rez-rushing”. It’s the dumbest mechanic ever and should have never been in the game in the first place.

How many single player action or rpg games do you play where you get a game-over and can rush back in to a boss at the same health when you died (besides arcade games I guess so they can take your money)? That doesn’t help you learn anything or create anything challenging, which is why no game does it.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Sages.3496

It doesn’t help you learn strats, it gives you bad habits of not learning strats because you can run back in.

You learn strats by completing a fight from start to finish, even if you have to wipe while doing so.

You don’t learn strats by getting “multiple lives” and taking twice as long to kill things because you have to keep running back.

just admit this change is wrong

Strifey.7215

lol why would I admit a good change is wrong, should have been in at release.

Everyone who thinks it’s a bad change is either terrible at this game or has never played any other action game or MMO in their life and thinks rez-rushing is a valid strategy because it was in this game for the first 4 months.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

You can get back to battle if your teammate(s) with aggro move the boss away, while your teammate(s) without aggro can start reviving the defeated. Even when res rushing was available, we still taught our members not to res rush and learn to adapt to the situation.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

It’s not wrong, you’re just bad at playing the game apparently.

so now we are going to insults yeah that will get you anywhere. the changes were wrong this patch messed up more than it should have. just admit that what im saying is correct and move on

I was actually looking at your posts in the other thread you’ve posted in, you’ve not been able to provide any concrete evidence as to why the previous res rushing tactic was legit and didn’t need removing, you’ve also resorted to calling everyone who disagrees with you a “fail” and an “Elitist”, effectively insulting them, and then you assume that by me saying you’re bad at the game, is also an insult, it may be an insult, but it’s also apparently true.

If you can only clear a dungeon by Res-Rushing, then you suck, and greatly need to improve, i’ve done many dungeons without having anyone wipe once, BEFORE the change. So it’s easily possible, because a lot of these were done with pugs, you’re either on a terrible server, or you yourself are a terrible player, sorry, but that’s the truth, now as you seem to say every single time you post a comment. “You know i’m correct so just agree with me and move on.”

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Whether it’s multiplayer or single player games, 99.9% of games don’t have “rez-rushing”. It’s the dumbest mechanic ever and should have never been in the game in the first place.

How many single player action or rpg games do you play where you get a game-over and can rush back in to a boss at the same health when you died (besides arcade games I guess so they can take your money)? That doesn’t help you learn anything or create anything challenging, which is why no game does it.

THIS!

I can not tell you how many Pugs I have been in where I ask “What does this boss do?” only to get the answer “I don’t know, if you die, just run back”….. That is not learning, that’t lazy, and it ruins the game for everyone.

Sages.3496

so now we are going to insults yeah that will get you anywhere. the changes were wrong this patch messed up more than it should have. just admit that what im saying is correct and move on

I was actually looking at your posts in the other thread you’ve posted in, you’ve not been able to provide any concrete evidence as to why the previous res rushing tactic was legit and didn’t need removing, you’ve also resorted to calling everyone who disagrees with you a “fail” and an “Elitist”, effectively insulting them, and then you assume that by me saying you’re bad at the game, is also an insult, it may be an insult, but it’s also apparently true.

If you can only clear a dungeon by Res-Rushing, then you suck, and greatly need to improve, i’ve done many dungeons without having anyone wipe once, BEFORE the change. So it’s easily possible, because a lot of these were done with pugs, you’re either on a terrible server, or you yourself are a terrible player, sorry, but that’s the truth, now as you seem to say every single time you post a comment. “You know i’m correct so just agree with me and move on.”

the changes on this patch kitten more people off then just me

Strifey.7215

Based on all the threads I see you whining in, it looks like it’s primarily you.

We get it, you’re bad.

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Yes, but the set of people who like to dislike things without thought corresponds very closely to the set of people who like to complain on forums… there is a much larger set of people that do neither of those things.

Lightrayne.7829

There was a large thread a few months ago where MANY were in favor of the anti res-rush change, hence the incentive for the dev team to do so. If you really want to push to change it back get support by actually creating a post that contains concrete evidence on why it’s a bad feature. That was how this change happened in the first place. People got together and posted meaningful evidence on how it hinders people from realizing the value of surviving effectively.

Swearing in your posts and calling out Anet employees does not demand change nor is it going to get you anywhere. That is probably why your posts got deleted.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Maybe after a few months if i have to pug i won’t have to dread running with bad people.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Shoemaker.4750

Shoemaker.4750

its a good change. I think every class has an instant revive skill that were useless before this fix. Now people will use them! . Ash legion kits help too. I dont get why people are crying about this. Isnt it like this in every MMO?

Lightrayne.7829

its a good change. I think every class has an instant revive skill that were useless before this fix. Now people will use them! . Ash legion kits help too. I dont get why people are crying about this. Isnt it like this in every MMO?

It’s like this in more than just MMOs. I remember playing some multiplayer action adventure platformer games back in the day where you would be on your own until your team wiped. You’re supposed to do as much as you can until your team wipes, which is what this change is supposed to encourage.

At least if you do die in a boss fight, you get some time to observe how other players are staying alive and rethink your strategies. Not paying repair bills and not having to run back should be an accomplishment because you demonstrated that you took the time to learn the boss encounter.

I still laugh at the stupid stuff I tried on Kholer when I was new. As a guardian, I used to put up WoR and SoTA to negate his projectiles, while fighting at range with a scepter, since I was bad at dodging his pull. These days, I put stability on the team and face tank his spin with shelter for might stacks. We can dodge his pull, but it’s unnecessary downtime when we don’t need it. Res rushing would not have taught me that. Observing the fight the first few times I was defeated taught me how to play better.

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

This guy lol…

Res rushing is the worst mechanic that could be in a dungeon. It makes you not have to learn encounters and takes away all challenge and a lot of fun because nothing is dangerous, you just chip away at its health until its dead.

Learning the boss fight, mastering its mechanic(s), and knowing how to deal with a situations / being able to dodge high priority attacks in an ACTION MMO should be how every encounter is approached, not just lazily slinking into the fight over and over without care and dying repeatedly until the boss goes down.

I’ve noticed a lot of damage from mobs has been greatly reduced and u dont instantly go down anymore. It is too low now (IMO) but its a good start to making the dungeon overall more manageable but also more dangerous if you DO go down. That said I’d like to see a little more danger in dungeons (seems like we will be getting it over the next few patches). Take this grace period to learn to play properly and use you defensive cooldowns / dodges properly because the coming patches do not bode well for anyone who is complaining about no longer getting infinite res-rushing.

Another point>>> Explorable modes were not ever actually meant for pugs, they were initially meant for “Focused teams of individuals tackling a harder challenge” and it seems like theyre trying to work more towards that, which makes me very excited.

Morsus.5106

Using Kohler as an example like you did, if 2-3 players are downed, you use onw of the two remaining players to grab kohlers attention, pull him away from the downed ones and the other one helps res them, if you all die due to kohlers AoE, you don’t deserve to kill him until you learn the mechanic, and adapt.

Many classes have abilities that can be used to Resurrect a player instantly without being near them, if you can’t use this properly, then again, you don’t deserve to win the fight, if you use it, and then the player it was used on instantly gets downed again by another of Kohlers AoE, then he needs to Improve, Res rushing isn’t a tactic, it’s a zerg, it basically enables the most brain-dead of groups to get content done that they shouldn’t be able to do in the first place.

I am a Guardian, and my Instant-Resurrect skill (Sigent of Mercy), has a 4 minute cool down which means I can’t always revive everyone . I dodge Kohler’s attack, but my teammates never do, so I always end up trying to revive them while someone else fight’s Kohler. If they remove this, then I’ll end up doing much more healing than I already do, which is waaay more than my share.

I’m not writing this as an unskilled player who can’t dodge an attack, but as the guy who CAN dodge and get’s stuck healing. I’ve seen all 4 of my party members get sucked into the attack and die and I can’t distract Kohler and revive a teammate when my Signet is still on cool down from the last time he attacked.

Lightrayne.7829

I am a Guardian, and my Instant-Resurrect skill (Sigent of Mercy), has a 4 minute cool down which means I can’t always revive everyone . I dodge Kohler’s attack, but my teammates never do, so I always end up trying to revive them while someone else fight’s Kohler. If they remove this, then I’ll end up doing much more healing than I already do, which is waaay more than my share.

I’m not writing this as an unskilled player who can’t dodge an attack, but as the guy who CAN dodge and get’s stuck healing. I’ve seen all 4 of my party members get sucked into the attack and die and I can’t distract Kohler and revive a teammate when my Signet is still on cool down from the last time he attacked.

Since you stated you’re a guardian, you realize you have the power to stop kholer from pulling any of your party members? Ask your team members to stand within range of you and activate retreat, stand your ground, or virtue of courage. All three negate the pull (stability/block) without having to dodge roll. This is how I teach some of our new players how to dodge Kholer. When they learn his cues, I cease to cover the pull to test their dodge ability. Waypoint rushing won’t teach them this.

Morsus.5106

Lightrayne, I’ve tried working together and communicating on these runs, but most of the people don’t want to cooperate and coordinate, they just want to keep pushing the attack button and get through the dungeon, so they would just run in little circles ignoring any abilities I used.

Morsus.5106

Just now I tried to do a dungeon, and had 4 people quit on me (a couple rage quit and some ran out of time), at one point our group was wiped out (3 died, one ran away and I was stuck fighting 4-5 enemies by myself) and then none of us could teleport to a waypoint because we were, for some reason, still considered in combat despite the fact the enemies were not attacking.

We spent maybe 5 minutes just lying there waiting for something to happen. This COULD have been done in a way that helped dungeons (force people to talk strategy, coordinate attacks, etc) but no, it only made my team rage quit (we replaced one then three quit at once, then the other person decided it was hopeless trying to replace three people mid-run and left, leaving me alone in a dungeon).

Posted by: Beherit.9710

Beherit.9710

dear devs. it is not what YOU intended. its what players want. yes, u dont have res-rushing in other games. you have healers that can outheal everything. gw2 doesnt have ‘sinister trinity’ :> and devs, admit it – u do that change ONLY because cof p2. you should change just 1 event but no, u changed whole mechanic. now it sux. i dont like it. just now one of pt member just… fell of bridge. happens. and he lies dead for 10 minutes waiting for us. NO chance to revieve him.

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

So people who are jerks make the patch bad?

Seems like a problem with the players you are dealing with.

The rage from people who never learned to actually do the dungeons is just…
well its just fantastic

(edited by Rump Buffalo.2594)

Lightrayne.7829

From their dungeon philosophy on the official website:

“Dungeons in Guild Wars 2 reward players who enjoy organized parties, epic challenges, and delving deeper into the secrets of Tyria.”

Well, there will be bad players and if they don’t want to learn how to cooperate then, they don’t deserve the reward, wouldn’t you agree? Groups are supposed to coordinate to overcome an obstacle, not mash the attack buttons. Players should only random PuG when they don’t know anyone. Over time, players that want to have a better dungeon experience should make friends and/or join an organized team/guild for dungeons because that facilitates cooperation.

Whether or not the wp system is in effect does not change the fact that there will be ignorant, uncooperative players out there. If wp zerg rushing is going to be allowed, then you’re encouraging success for people that don’t deserve it. A dungeon might as well be one hallway that leads to a chest that you can loot freely.

If lack of cooperative players is really the problem, please enlighten me on why some people that want to improve their dungeon experience have not moved on to develop friendships or find good guilds/teams. Why do they punish themselves by dice rolling for random strangers day by day doing the same old thing and hitting the same brick wall? Not everyone out there is selfish and ignorant. There are plenty out there who are looking for other cooperative players and want to improve their dungeon experience.

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

I disagree with those who feel its just dandy to have this change cause “we all need to learn the fights.” Please do not foist this opinion on the more casual groups who struggle. What is it to you anyway?

Even when you learn the fights you can still go down with only 2 evades depending on what a given boss may do. Instance runs are already time sinks for limited return (drops are not great and gear is not significantly different from gear attainable from other sources). Many teams run these just for cosmetic skins.

Live and let live – no reason to change everything to make it a larger time sink. Much more of this and instances may be ignored to the same extent many DEs are ignored.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

I disagree with those who feel its just dandy to have this change cause “we all need to learn the fights.” Please do not foist this opinion on the more casual groups who struggle. What is it to you anyway?

Even when you learn the fights you can still go down with only 2 evades depending on what a given boss may do. Instance runs are already time sinks for limited return (drops are not great and gear is not significantly different from gear attainable from other sources). Many teams run these just for cosmetic skins.

Live and let live – no reason to change everything to make it a larger time sink. Much more of this and instances may be ignored to the same extent many DEs are ignored.

Casual doesn’t mean below average. You are lumping two different groups together.

There are two types of people who welcome the change. First is a small minority of players who want to play the dungeon as the mechanics intended. Second is a large majority of players who plays average and have no problem clearing dungeons. However, under most circumstances, most people won’t be able to carry a below average through a dungeon and have no incentive to do so.

This change forces people to learn or leave. In the long run it will make PuGs less frustrating as every player can be assumed to know the basic game and dungeon mechanics instead of faceroll + res rush through everything.

There are two problems plaguing dungeons right now, bad players and huge enemy HP pools. This change solves one of the two problems plaguing dungeons. Therefore people don’t mind it, or like it.

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

People saying “isn’t it like this in every other MMO?” Every other MMO also has a healer that can usually heal a dps player to full health from near dead in a single heal. This does not exist here. Every other MMO also has a tank that can get beat on by a boss and laugh as their health barely moves, also somethign that doesn’t exist here. Thus you kill your own argument entirely by trying to use this as a reason.

Those rez skills you say to use? Yeah they were nerfed a long time ago and only work if someone is downed, not if they are dead. Also, several of those skills have been changed to even more uselessness…ex: the warrior banner often doesn’t revive anyone when it is supposed to, even if they are just in the downed state, the banner is supposed to revive EVERYONE dead or downed…right now your lucky if you get one person back up.

As for the whole “why haven’t people moved on to make strong friendships or find new guilds to make good teams?” I play with my good friends, many of which are not great gamers but still have fun. Thus I PuG my dungeouns. I do not rep any guild but the one I am in, this way I can tell the moment a friend is around. In this way our small guild of friends also keeps getting influence, really the entire multi-guild system needs thrown out and redone so that you can only be in one guild.

I have my koda armor, learned to run every path and usually never even see the downed state as a melee player underwater even. Sorry but the average gamer is not going to run flawless, and right now it takes far too long to revive players, especially players dead in areas where you are guarenteed to take hard hits reviving them (not every boss moves people). Reviving a dead player needs to be the average heal channel (we’re talking 3 seconds tops here people) not the absurd time it takes now.

Dungeouns are not the place for elite gaming unless you revert this crap to the way it was then add in a “hard mode”. Give us the same dungoun with far mor epunishing mobs and have it as a hard mode. THAT is where you make elite/hardcore people happy. You don’t trash the system for the entire community across the board.

Posted by: prufrock.6324

prufrock.6324

I think the idea of eliminating “Res-Rushing” is a great one, but after reaching the final boss of CoF path 3 and realizing that when you fall into the lava you’re pretty much out of the fight… I think there should be some sort of timer to come back… I didn’t like the mechanics of people just rushing back but I also don’t like the idea of laying down while 3 people try to take on the boss because now we can’t come back at all… I think there has to be some middle ground so that you can’t abuse it but yet you’re not just stuck there waiting x amount of time MORE because now there’s less people to deal with the boss… I mean… It’s lava guys… You can’t get a res in lava…

Inb4, “Don’t fall into the lava.” – Yes that’s common sense, but it happens and there SHOULD be a port to a safe spot to get a res OR a timer for players to come back and not become 100% useless because of ONE mistake….

I agree that people need to get better, myself included BUT how can we get better if we wont have enough tries since we died and can’t come and keep trying…

Over all though, I thought the change was definitely a step in the RIGHT direction, but it might still need some tweaks. (port unreachable players to a safe spot or add a res timer so people can actually come back at some point during the fight)

(edited by prufrock.6324)

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

I for one refuse to play a game in which two mechanics that aid each other in defeating the player exist simultaneously: repairs and res-rushing. Why would I want to enter any encounter in which I and mindfully aware of the fact i AM going to die 2+ times due to the way the fight works when I know I’ll have atleast a 10 silver repair bill on my hands afterward. The entire concept of res-rushing is just to make sure even the worst groups can do content if they can move fast enough.

Boss fights and certain dungeon objectives (for a prime example Magg’s bomb planting phase ugh) need to be hard, but not hard to the point where its just a mindless zergfest. Encounters need to have some form of strategy to defeating the boss other than the universal “dodge roll to solve all problems” or die rez die rez to solve what dodging cannot.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

DancingPenguins.9875

@Prufrock,

Lava is bugged I believe. Unfortunately they won’t be patching that part for a while.

Morsus.5106

“Dungeons in Guild Wars 2 reward players who enjoy organized parties, epic challenges, and delving deeper into the secrets of Tyria.”

Well, there will be bad players and if they don’t want to learn how to cooperate then, they don’t deserve the reward, wouldn’t you agree? Groups are supposed to coordinate to overcome an obstacle, not mash the attack buttons. Players should only random PuG when they don’t know anyone. Over time, players that want to have a better dungeon experience should make friends and/or join an organized team/guild for dungeons because that facilitates cooperation.

Whether or not the wp system is in effect does not change the fact that there will be ignorant, uncooperative players out there. If wp zerg rushing is going to be allowed, then you’re encouraging success for people that don’t deserve it. A dungeon might as well be one hallway that leads to a chest that you can loot freely.

If lack of cooperative players is really the problem, please enlighten me on why some people that want to improve their dungeon experience have not moved on to develop friendships or find good guilds/teams. Why do they punish themselves by dice rolling for random strangers day by day doing the same old thing and hitting the same brick wall? Not everyone out there is selfish and ignorant. There are plenty out there who are looking for other cooperative players and want to improve their dungeon experience.

I agree with you though, people not willing to cooperate shouldn’t be rewarded. People who are TRYING to cooperate though shouldn’t be punished because of uncooperative team members.

I ran AC explorable once with a group I thought was going to be cooperative, but instead just wanted to literally “run” through parts of the dungeon. One guy would speed boost the rest and just run through. I thought “At least he’s sorta cooperating, it’s better than button mashers.” No. He left 2 people behind, and he and the other guy that made it through refused to go back and help the other people (I was not one of those, I made it through but still went back to help), now we we’re separated by the catacombs and 2 were at the boss, and 2 were still finding there way past the gravelings. Those people who got left behind shouldn’t be punished for the one guy’s mistake, and should still get the reward, while he shouldn’t. From my experience in a dungeon today, instead of cooperating it drove my team apart. I don’t like button-mashing, but that is preferable to no one being able to beat the dungeon.

DancingPenguins.9875

I agree with you though, people not willing to cooperate shouldn’t be rewarded. People who are TRYING to cooperate though shouldn’t be punished because of uncooperative team members.

I ran AC explorable once with a group I thought was going to be cooperative, but instead just wanted to literally “run” through parts of the dungeon. One guy would speed boost the rest and just run through. I thought “At least he’s sorta cooperating, it’s better than button mashers.” No. He left 2 people behind, and he and the other guy that made it through refused to go back and help the other people (I was not one of those, I made it through but still went back to help), now we we’re separated by the catacombs and 2 were at the boss, and 2 were still finding there way past the gravelings. Those people who got left behind shouldn’t be punished for the one guy’s mistake, and should still get the reward, while he shouldn’t. From my experience in a dungeon today, instead of cooperating it drove my team apart. I don’t like button-mashing, but that is preferable to no one being able to beat the dungeon.

Then it’s more of a people issue than dungeon mechanics issue. Dungeon mechanics shouldn’t be used to compensate for people problem. Kick them and move on. Rule number one of running is to never outpace everyone. Running ahead alone when the entire group has to make a dash for it is plainly selfish.

THAT, is a people problem. You just got stuck with some really terribly selfish people, let them solo the boss.

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

@Prufrock,

Lava is bugged I believe. Unfortunately they won’t be patching that part for a while.

I’m pretty sure something in the other days patch notes said something about if you die in a hazardous area your body is poofed to a safe nearby location for allies to rez you.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

DancingPenguins.9875

@Prufrock,

I’m pretty sure something in the other days patch notes said something about if you die in a hazardous area your body is poofed to a safe nearby location for allies to rez you.

Yes, there’s a safety net on these zones typically. However for CoF 3 it has not been added if Rob’s comment was to be believed.

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

please fix it when you die in LAVA that you can use a WP its stupid when your taking damage and no one can res u or WP please fix lava

Lightrayne.7829

Then it’s more of a people issue than dungeon mechanics issue. Dungeon mechanics shouldn’t be used to compensate for people problem. Kick them and move on. Rule number one of running is to never outpace everyone. Running ahead alone when the entire group has to make a dash for it is plainly selfish.

THAT, is a people problem. You just got stuck with some really terribly selfish people, let them solo the boss.

This is the conclusion I have reached from most of the complaints about the the new wp system. While it’s the developers’ responsibility to listen to the players and design the content, I really don’t think they can control ALL the poor decisions that some players make. It’s the internet, and people are just unpredictable.

The open world content facilitates playing with strangers better because there is barely anything at stake. On a team of 5, everyone has the power to influence the success of the run — choices and actions matter more. Not every open world PvE player can translate the difference between the two.