Dont understand frac lvls anymore

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ive completed fractals 1-75 and got all 3 achievements, so I Want to start lvl 76 but it says my frac lvl is 71. This makes… little sense to me

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Your prsonal lvl has nothing to do with fractal lvl. So if you complete lvl 100 you think it would be fair your personal lvl jumps to 100 right? Well no, when you complete any lvl higher then your personal one, you get plus one. If you are lvl 1 fractal, and complete 100, your personal lvl will be 2. Because you completed one fractal higher then your personal one.

Azure.8670

ive completed lvls 1-75, lvls 77, and 78.

Why cant I open 76?

Posted by: ironfrodo.7625

ironfrodo.7625

Maybe you did first for example lvl 71,72,73 and then some lower levels?

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

Say, for example, you did fractals 1-65 in order. Your personal level is now 65. Then you jump ahead and do fractals 71-75. You just did 5 fractals above your personal level, so your fractal went up by one for each of those, bringing you to 70. You then go back and do fractals 66-70 to finish the achievement. Fractals 66-69 are below your personal fractal level, so your personal scale remains at 70. Scale 70 is right at your personal level, so your personal level increases by 1, bringing you to 71.

Now, you are at personal scale 71 even though you’ve done all fractals up through 75. You still can’t open up 76 until you get your personal level up to 76, so you’ll need to do 5 more fractal scales at or above your personal scale in order to get access to 76.

Basically, your personal scale is not based on which fractals you have done, it simply increases by one every time you do a scale at or higher than it currently is. This means it is entirely possible to do all the fractals up to the maximum of your current fractal tier out of order and still not have your personal level at the maximum within that tier.

Azure.8670

Say, for example, you did fractals 1-65 in order. Your personal level is now 65. Then you jump ahead and do fractals 71-75. You just did 5 fractals above your personal level, so your fractal went up by one for each of those, bringing you to 70. You then go back and do fractals 66-70 to finish the achievement. Fractals 66-69 are below your personal fractal level, so your personal scale remains at 70. Scale 70 is right at your personal level, so your personal level increases by 1, bringing you to 71.

Now, you are at personal scale 71 even though you’ve done all fractals up through 75. You still can’t open up 76 until you get your personal level up to 76, so you’ll need to do 5 more fractal scales at or above your personal scale in order to get access to 76.

Basically, your personal scale is not based on which fractals you have done, it simply increases by one every time you do a scale at or higher than it currently is. This means it is entirely possible to do all the fractals up to the maximum of your current fractal tier out of order and still not have your personal level at the maximum within that tier.

I gotcha. makes perfect sense, I kinda knew this, but for some reason I felt like I never did them out of order. ah well, ty