Double insights for 2nd set of armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Makes no sense, please fix it Anet. Why would you now need 300 instead of 150 is beyond me

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

idk maybe because players who did raids weekly would have enought for all the sets on release :/

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

makes sense.. keeps ppl raiding.. I thought I had enough for 2 sets and pretty much didn’t care about clearing.. now I still have something to work for

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Anyone who had gotten all of their kills, every week since release, will have 600 insights which is enough for 2 full sets and the precursor for the 3rd. By the time the next episode comes out they will have finished all of their armor if they care about getting all three. The main reason the precursors cost extra to make is that you do not have to do another collection for the extra sets.

The one to Rule.2593

I think it’s stupid had 300 in anticipation of getting 2 sets. Only to find out I need to double my insights now. I’ve raided since release, but slacked off once I had enough and did the collections because there was no reason to repeat it again. You don’t do a collection sure, but now there’s the added gold cost of crafting the pre, that should have been enough

(edited by The one to Rule.2593)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Anyone who had gotten all of their kills, every week since release, will have 600 insights which is enough for 2 full sets and the precursor for the 3rd. By the time the next episode comes out they will have finished all of their armor if they care about getting all three. The main reason the precursors cost extra to make is that you do not have to do another collection for the extra sets.

Nah, the main reason precursors cost extra is to keep people playing without Anet needing to think about a new big shiny to introduce with next wing, whenever it may appear.

(I sincerely doubt they have balanced the cost around the very tiny minority that didn’t miss any boss kill up to now)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

“pls fix it anet” fix what? lawl!

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

The one to Rule.2593

“pls fix it anet” fix what? lawl!

The blatant bait and switch tactic they pulled on us? It was advertised as being 150 but it’s now 300. Are you really okay with that?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

They said 150 insights to make the precursor into legendary armor. They never said how many insights to make additional sets of precursors and it could’ve been 10000 magnetite shards which is worse.

There is no bait and switch and if you got baited it means you can’t read.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Talindra.4958

YES I am ok with 300 li for second set and so on. 25 li for an insignia per piece. I am into my third piece of second set (due to provisional token time gated for further pieces). it has to be this way or raid will die in a few months time.

Australia

The one to Rule.2593

They said 150 insights to make the precursor into legendary armor. They never said how many insights to make additional sets of precursors and it could’ve been 10000 magnetite shards which is worse.

Oh please, it was heavily implied it would be this way for all the armor. Nice white knighting though

The one to Rule.2593

YES I am ok with 300 li for second set and so on. 25 li for an insignia per piece. I am into my third piece of second set (due to provisional token time gated for further pieces). it has to be this way or raid will die in a few months time.

I mean if you’re okay being lied to, fine by me, but I’m not. There are also other reasons people raid and constant newcomers, it won’t die regardless

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Makes no sense?

It makes perfect sense if you look at the nature of MMO’s. MMO’s survive by offering virtual stuff that players will want tied to as much repetition of existing content as the developer thinks players will tolerate. GW2 started out by hyping the idea that players would repeat content because it was fun. Within a few weeks, players were saying, “I’m bored, there’s nothing to work towards.” Now, we have repetition for stuff to make virtual gewgaw X.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Oh please, it was heavily implied it would be this way for all the armor. Nice white knighting though

Please provide a link which supports your argument. Until then, don’t call out people on white knighting when you’ve not even established your assumption could be in any way correct.

I was never under the impression that arenanet implied future armors would also cost 150 LI. As a matter of fact, I was already worried how expensive they would make the precursors because the entire armor was quite cheap gold wise.

I mean if you’re okay being lied to, fine by me, but I’m not. There are also other reasons people raid and constant newcomers, it won’t die regardless

You’re angry because the armor will take longer for you to get than you expected, which is understandable. Now stop shifting blame and pretending it’s due to other reasons. If you had enough tokens now you would not have cared about the 300 LI cost.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

how do you have energy complaining about legendary insights while provisioner tokens still exist in this game

Talindra.4958

I never felt being lied to . In fact I was very happy tht the precursor crafting not costing much as I would expect. I’m glad as is. No complaint from me.

Australia

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

how do you have energy complaining about legendary insights while provisioner tokens still exist in this game

This ^

Parabrezza

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I guess the second set it so compensate for a lack of a collection for the precursor armor.
although double seems like a bit too much, I would’ve settled for 25LI+10LI7piece

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I guess the second set it so compensate for a lack of a collection for the precursor armor.
although double seems like a bit too much, I would’ve settled for 25LI+10LI7piece

they didnt need to compensate for the lack of a collection, It is in fact to stretch out the reward of the content. They basically realize people will stop playing, so they want to raise the bar.
I guess there is nothing they can come up with that will have universal appeal like legendary armor.

However, i feel they are stretching it a bit thin now. Hard as it may be to come up with other incentives, its time to do it. Stretching a reward out too far diminishes its effectiveness as an incentive, and generally creates bad will.
300 LI, 13 a week, 24 weeks? or 6 months? thats a bit ridiculous.

phys.7689

its still a death sentence, you are just pushing the date. I think you should ask for new interesting incentives instead of asking them to drag out the old one to double the time.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

once more for those in the back.

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

the first set technically is also worth 300LI. only that anet is nice and GAVE a free set of ascended worth 150LI… it very much reasonable imo, to spend 25LI for a piece of ascended armour of any stat of my choosing… it not like u have any other use for LI…

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

its still a death sentence, you are just pushing the date. I think you should ask for new interesting incentives instead of asking them to drag out the old one to double the time.

Well, at least now you can make ascended armor for 25LI. So your effort in beating bosses won’t go into waste

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I guess that was a fast fix for leftover LIs. Now even if you have all possible LIs you still need 130ish more to finish all 3 sets.

Talindra.4958

I don’t think that was made to fix for leftover li..
if I have a lot of gold I will make 1 set of leg armor for each of my main char tempest. necro, druid, thief, eng, etc. but I think this is a long term goal thingie and might not even happen. I am not sure when I will be able to affordmaking second sets of light armor (having 1 full set of light armor and 3 pieces of medium ) , am working on medium set now and time gated due to provisional token and t6 mats. once I get full medium will take a break and make another light maybe before heavy.

Australia

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

both are ridiculous

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Amaimon.7823

both are ridiculous

you need 50, can get 12 a day, and you need 300 in total, so that’s 25 days if you buy all 12 every day.
That’s less than 1 month. That means it’s not even close to being the dedicated factor in time.

Sublimatio.6981

you need 50, can get 12 a day, and you need 300 in total, so that’s 25 days if you buy all 12 every day.
That’s less than 1 month. That means it’s not even close to being the dedicated factor in time.

it’s still a month of cancer, that’s the point

Amaimon.7823

okay, now you’re overreacting, like, terribly hard..
since you have to wait for the LI’s anyway, you don’t have to do 25 sessions IN A ROW
you can just do 3-4 a day, or 12 2-3 times a week, you have plenty of time to go at your own pace.

Sublimatio.6981

that still makes me craft/buy items and teleport around the map sometimes forcing me to unlock npc by doing events (and waiting for them to trigger), so it’s cancer

Amaimon.7823

that still makes me craft/buy items and teleport around the map sometimes forcing me to unlock npc by doing events (and waiting for them to trigger), so it’s cancer

yes, the six forbid we actually have to work for our legendaries, the six forbid they don’t just fall out of the sky..
can we go back to complaining about real issues here?

insanemaniac.2456

okay, now you’re overreacting, like, terribly hard..
since you have to wait for the LI’s anyway, you don’t have to do 25 sessions IN A ROW
you can just do 3-4 a day, or 12 2-3 times a week, you have plenty of time to go at your own pace.

the fact that we can grind at our own pace does not make the grind not cancer

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Tbh 25-30 day weird timegate is a bigger issue than op imagining things.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

both are ridiculous

It’s 10 a day. No sane person would touch the apothecary requiring Provisioners.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Amaimon.7823

both are ridiculous

It’s 10 a day. No sane person would touch the apothecary requiring Provisioners.

I’m saying you can, not that you must. you can also wait 300 days and only do the 65s one each day

insanemaniac.2456

or you can skip it and express your disdain for anets mistake in making grindy af hard time gates and maybe theyll never do it again.

Azoqu.8917

or you can skip it and express your disdain for anets mistake in making grindy af hard time gates and maybe theyll never do it again.

Or TP barons can get recked and have to actually do something instead of increasing the costs of everything in the game. Pretty sure if you asked Anet, the general agreement would be that the generation one legendaries were mistakes and they should have been account bound and actually required you to make them yourself with skill involved. Every legendary besides that one set is BoA and not BoE so stop using those things as the rule, they are not.

insanemaniac.2456

tbh the only complaint i have with the new legendaries after making hope is the event failure requirements. i take no issue with bind on acquire and i agree that its silly to be able to just plain drop 2k gold for a purple weapon. but…

lol i am not a tp baron lol shoo

try formulating an argument without attacking my character, like this:

anet screwed up with the hard time gates. they made 2 extremely repetitive systems that take onerously and arbitrarily long times to complete for no other reason than to draw it out for everyone. if they want us to show mastery of the content, the collections and 1/4-1/2 as many repetitions in each system would suffice. if they want us to keep playing the game, come up with a cheap way to draw us back in over and over (like sab reskins) and dole it out every few months as new rewards for doing the same thing again and again. both of these would drastically improve raid rewards.

i identify a problem, i offer solutions, and i dont call you a kittening elitist when you say i did it so its fine. stop calling me a tp baron, stop calling me a whiner.

and speaking of sab, i ground out both of moto’s infusions asap (in their first year) and already had the majority of the green skins because i had been grinding multiples of several pre wardrobe. those are as time gated as legendary armor and i think its a mistake to make things that hard gated and while i dont have a suggestion to mitigate the arbitrary waiting, if someone else started kittening about them the only thing i would have to say is “yep too arbitrarily hard gated, not fun” and i would not go around saying “haha cant just buy it” or “i have them already so its fine”, and yet that is what 2 of the 3 main counterarguments boil down to in all of these threads complaining about legendary insights. the only one that actually has some weight to it is that “the time gates keep people playing”. but are you having fun getting your maximum 8% / week? or 4% if its not your first set? idk about you, but limiting progress to be that slow makes me want to quit games, not play them. after i got the moto infusions, i was burnt out on all of gw2 for a month. after i did the pvp collections, i basically quit it for 2 seasons because 3 games / day for 60 days was stupid. after getting all my fractal pages, i burnt out on fractals so hard that i still only rarely do even the t4 dailies even though pages are from recommended where prior to the release of ad infinitum i had done at least the highest fractal daily a minimum of about 4 times a week for 2 years. the common thread in all of these is that they are hard time gated arbitrarily, either daily or weekly, and limited availability makes it even worse. and maybe thats just me. but all of these threads plaguing this subforum were not started by me.

phys.7689

Tbh 25-30 day weird timegate is a bigger issue than op imagining things.

the LI timegate is noticeably longer than the provision timegate.

its a 24 week time gate on you second set, the 4 week one on provisioner tokens is worse.

now if your beef with provisioner tokens is you hate doing any open world, or spending gold, that may be valid, but thats not the main timegate issue.

phys.7689

tbh the only complaint i have with the new legendaries after making hope is the event failure requirements. i take no issue with bind on acquire and i agree that its silly to be able to just plain drop 2k gold for a purple weapon. but…

anet screwed up with the hard time gates. they made 2 extremely repetitive systems that take onerously and arbitrarily long times to complete for no other reason than to draw it out for everyone. if they want us to show mastery of the content, the collections and 1/4-1/2 as many repetitions in each system would suffice. if they want us to keep playing the game, come up with a cheap way to draw us back in over and over (like sab reskins) and dole it out every few months as new rewards for doing the same thing again and again. both of these would drastically improve raid rewards.

i identify a problem, i offer solutions, and i dont call you a kittening elitist when you say i did it so its fine. stop calling me a tp baron, stop calling me a whiner.

and speaking of sab, i ground out both of moto’s infusions asap (in their first year) and already had the majority of the green skins because i had been grinding multiples of several pre wardrobe. those are as time gated as legendary armor and i think its a mistake to make things that hard gated and while i dont have a suggestion to mitigate the arbitrary waiting, if someone else started kittening about them the only thing i would have to say is “yep too arbitrarily hard gated, not fun” and i would not go around saying “haha cant just buy it” or “i have them already so its fine”, and yet that is what 2 of the 3 main counterarguments boil down to in all of these threads complaining about legendary insights. the only one that actually has some weight to it is that “the time gates keep people playing”. but are you having fun getting your maximum 8% / week? or 4% if its not your first set? idk about you, but limiting progress to be that slow makes me want to quit games, not play them. after i got the moto infusions, i was burnt out on all of gw2 for a month. after i did the pvp collections, i basically quit it for 2 seasons because 3 games / day for 60 days was stupid. after getting all my fractal pages, i burnt out on fractals so hard that i still only rarely do even the t4 dailies even though pages are from recommended where prior to the release of ad infinitum i had done at least the highest fractal daily a minimum of about 4 times a week for 2 years. the common thread in all of these is that they are hard time gated arbitrarily, either daily or weekly, and limited availability makes it even worse. and maybe thats just me. but all of these threads plaguing this subforum were not started by me.

yes anet is bad at balancing and hiding their grinds, this is probably because game design usually only has limited control over itemization. From what they have said, game designers design content, and itemization/economy teams decide how to impliment the grind.

imo this often leads to content that doesnt line up with its rewards. And systems that suck the life out of the experiences attached to them.

Amaimon.7823

in this case you’re only hurting yourself because at the end of the day, you still need the 300 tokens. So you can boycott the content, but don’t be mad when boycotting the content means you’re not getting the content

insanemaniac.2456

in this case you’re only hurting yourself because at the end of the day, you still need the 300 tokens. So you can boycott the content, but don’t be mad when boycotting the content means you’re not getting the content

i am not hurting myself lol. im not mad. im resigned to the likelyhood that anet wont change anything about legendary armor. but i want to change the opinion of whoever is signing off on these kitten ed hard time gates that only seem to be getting worse with each piece of gated content that gets released.

do i wanna do the new hearts 64 times over the course of at least 16 days (or 80x over 20 days to save 16k magic) for an ascended backpack when i can farm enough winterberries/magic in about 4 hours? i see theres a skin thats supposed to make up for that difference there, but… ill pass and choose to not burn myself out on the new content any more than the intentional lack of depth and repeatability already does. yuck.

Azoqu.8917

I wasn’t saying that you were a TP baron, just saying that things being BoA stops them from being able to just buy everything and that hard time gates force them to actually play the game. Though I can see how the formatting made you think that I was straight up calling you a TP baron. And for that I apologize.