Dps loss per profession (feature patch)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

So reading up on the next patch and how the changes would affect optimal teams, was wondering which professions are getting hit hardest by it.

From what I have read so far, fully buffed with banners / food / spotter / bloodlust

elementalist is losing something like 29% damage,
Guardian 11%
Warrior around 14% – 17%

What about other classes like ranger, mesmer, thief and engi? How will the damage per profession look like next patch?

(edited by Gyler.8150)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

There aren’t that many sources of Critical Damage so pretty much every profession gets hit same (14-17% fully buffed).

If you want to reach 25%+ you also have to include stacking sigil nerf.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

There aren’t that many sources of Critical Damage so pretty much every profession gets hit same (13-15% fully buffed).

If you want to reach 25%+ you also have to include stacking sigil nerf.

If you still stack one at a time, and have the other sigil with Night/Force/whatever, it might not be ~that~ bad. But it would take much longer to get to full stacks, which is very annoying.

Gyler.8150

I was thinking about ranger one, where pet gets 30% critical damage increase which is scary.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Necro is a 16% loss ignoring stacks. Not that anyone cares. xD

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I care Spoj.

just makes me sad that we could hope for something that will allow Necromancers a part of the “group” guess we will have to wait for the next patch… balance… thing….

Gyler.8150

A simple fix that may help necromancers be part of the group would be to remove the icd from the vampiric signet. That way it can be used both as a mini burst / mini heal. I really don’t think this signet would be overpowered in pvp if they removed the icd, or hell just made it .5 seconds.

Spoj The Second.7680

DS build loses over 17% damage. It loses almost 2% more damage than the meta build. Wow im bored…

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

assuming you have a 100% critchance 30 points in critical dmg are already converted in 300 ferocity which means a 10% dps loss alone from traits, also you lose up on 5% to 10% depending on night or daytime due to the sigils, but we have to see how this mechanic works out, furthermore you have to take your gear, bufffood and disci banner into consideration, so we can t really say anything yet. I expect an average dmg decrease by 30% in an organized group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Spoj The Second.7680

assuming you have a 100% critchance 30 points in critical dmg are already converted in 300 ferocity which means a 10% dps loss alone from traits, also you lose up on 5% to 10% depending on night or daytime due to the sigils, but we have to see how this mechanic works out, furthermore you have to take your gear, bufffood and disci banner into consideration, so we can t really say anything yet. I expect an average dmg decrease by 30% in an organized group.

I accounted for all that in my calculations. The only thing we dont know for sure is the rune, banner and food conversions with ferocity.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Sadly mesmer is probably too hard to calculate due to its reliability on reflections and seperate damage modifications of phantasms

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

So reading up on the next patch and how the changes would affect optimal teams, was wondering which professions are getting hit hardest by it.

From what I have read so far, fully buffed with banners / food / spotter / bloodlust

Guardian 11%
Warrior around 14% – 17%

What about other classes like ranger, mesmer, thief and engi? How will the damage per profession look like next patch?

Why is Ele losing so much? I thought that more damage modifiers meant less dps decrease. Thinking in staff ele here by the way.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Gyler.8150

Guardian 11%
Warrior around 14% – 17%

Why is Ele losing so much? I thought that more damage modifiers meant less dps decrease. Thinking in staff ele here by the way.

It’s in a group setting. Solo it would probably be similar to other classes assuming they don’t mess with arcane lightning numbers. Fully buffed though, that is when you start to see the damage loss when you add bloodlust + banner + food.

Please anyone correct me or feel free to add to.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Anet obviously wants ele to become the new “healer” lmao.

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

Anet obviously wants ele to become the new “healer” lmao.

forget that. I will stick with my glass cannon build, thank you. But I might have to see if my old condition build will work again. I still have all the gear, maybe it will work now.

Gyler.8150

Conditions will still not work in pve because of the stacking limit and that they do not get any % damage bonuses from traits or vulnerability sort of buffs and they cannot crit. Maybe if they added a condition crit stat, that could do something.

Posted by: Rage.2017

Rage.2017

10% crit dmg loss is ofc not a 10% dps loss, you know that, dont you?

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

some one call for ze Doctor? (shameless warcraft3 reference) oh man im so gonna be the healer! i can’t wait!!!!

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I won’t argue with statistics. But I’m curious, how is this calculated? The fact that Lightning Hammer gives 5% Crit damage for example? or…?

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

How much DPS loss do stacking changes give? And will it become a choice between bringing force/night/day/bloodlust for engineers and eles who are stuck with two sigils instead of four?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I just ordered pizza and Papa John’s forgot my breadsticks. How much DPS am I losing from this?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

What kind of sigils did you order for your breadsticks and what runes do you have baked into the crust of the pizza?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

some one call for ze Doctor? (shameless warcraft3 reference) oh man im so gonna be the healer! i can’t wait!!!!

Don’t get too excited yet. They’ll need to do more than lower berzerker DPS to make healers viable.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Don’t get too excited yet. They’ll need to do more than lower berzerker DPS to make healers viable.

my heals deal damage!1! im a HOLY paladin!11!! HOLLYYY PALADIN!!1@!@ i COME TO BLESS THE PEOPLE!1!!11!

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

i smell magic in the air… or maybe its BBQ… either way we gunna see a Healing support uprising for a couple week until they realise the build is still useless and give up

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Learn to read, pls!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

(edited by Bart Weird.9671)

Spoj The Second.7680

This is probably the part he is referring to. Because its much less than 10% damage lost from just traits.

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

Does anyone have the numbers for Thief or Warrior with the 30/30/0/10/0 fast hands pure axe build?

[DnT] Thief Main

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Does anyone have the numbers for Thief or Warrior with the 30/30/0/10/0 fast hands pure axe build?

30/30/0/10/0 does not have fast hands…

Nova [rT]

DivineSlayer.5039

Dual wield agility* My bad.

[DnT] Thief Main

Gyler.8150

Think we going to need to test it out in game to see how it will all fit in the grand scheme of things, rotation wise.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

We’re not really going to know everything until we know about sigil and runes, and it doesn’t look like they’re likely to spill details before the release on these.

Posted by: Rage.2017

Rage.2017

Learn to read, pls!

Ok i have to add something: assuming you have 100% crit chance, 10% crit dmg loss is still not a 10% dps loss. If you have 100% crit dmg on your gear, you have to count the base crit dmg of 150% as well, then you will have 250% overall crit dmg. So if you lose 10% of 250%, you clearly do not lose 10% dps! And that is btw the reason why a 10% dmg-modifier from traits/sigill/tonic is far stronger than 10% crit dmg from traits or food, just login and try it out.

(edited by Rage.2017)

dutchiez.7502

But don’t you mean 30/30/0/0/10 then? Unless there are some other changes I’m unaware of.

Nova [rT]

Spoj The Second.7680

Empowered is probably better than 10 in discipline. So hes kind of right for groups atleast.

DivineSlayer.5039

But don’t you mean 30/30/0/0/10 then? Unless there are some other changes I’m unaware of.

Taking empowered is going to be better, thats why i said 30/30/0/10/0

[DnT] Thief Main

dutchiez.7502

Right right right.

Nova [rT]