Drastic decline in dungeon groups?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Krinthered.9763

Krinthered.9763

Any other servers see a drastic decline in Arah explorer mode groups since they patched the wall on the 14th? They are so few and far between now that i find it difficult to even find groups to do entire runs.

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

On my server I find it hard to find ANY dungeon group.
This is the only thing you can pretty much do end game and we can’t even do that.
Waited 5 years so I want to stick at it but every time I log in, spam for a dungeon group for ages then get bored and log out.

Posted by: Kolosso.4689

Kolosso.4689

I just logged onto the forums to find out about this…
How on earth do I find dungeon groups?
I managed to find groups for the first three (lvl 30, 40, 50) because people were levelling around them. But I can’t for the life of me find people to do Sorrows Embrace…
This isn’t cool.
= (

Posted by: Alex.9432

Alex.9432

On my server I find it hard to find ANY dungeon group.
This is the only thing you can pretty much do end game and we can’t even do that.
Waited 5 years so I want to stick at it but every time I log in, spam for a dungeon group for ages then get bored and log out.

Join a guild that likes doing PvE content?

Posted by: shaidyn.4016

shaidyn.4016

Spamming map chat for groups isn’t worth your time. Find a guild with people who enjoy the part of the game you enjoy, and then have fun.

I know, I know, it’s an odd concept, joining a community of like minded players in an MMO to pursue a common goal. But the shock will pass.

“Those who believe a thing cannot be done,
should stay out of the way of those doing it”
- Thomas Edison

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

Spamming map chat for groups isn’t worth your time. Find a guild with people who enjoy the part of the game you enjoy, and then have fun.

I know, I know, it’s an odd concept, joining a community of like minded players in an MMO to pursue a common goal. But the shock will pass.

problem is, 98% (okay, i made this one up) of the playerbase go “meh, rewards/loot are kitten. not worth the effort.” after doing a few explorable dungeon runs and/or realizing you needs hundreds of tokens for a set of equipment.

don’t get me wrong, i think it’s fine and enjoy running dungeons. but from what i’ve seen, i’m afraid there won’t be many people to do this with.

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I’m level 80 and I haven’t done a dungeon yet. The reason is because I keep reading about how difficult they are especially with a pug. I expect that most people doing dungeon runs are in guilds that have those organized in their schedules. So less people standing around the entrances lfg.

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

People still do dungeons? Okay…

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

lol as if people are going to “pug” these dungeons its a big enough wipefest inan organized group..

the dungeons are a complete waste of time and effort people have realized this and dont want to do them.. sad but true

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

If a dungeon takes more than 2min to get to the boss, and more than 10minutes to finish people wont join. It simply cannot be a dungeon run. People want short dungeon runs, and be able to get full dungeon gear + epic loots to make them rich all within 1 day.

What kind of stupid dev team thought the dungeons up?? It takes too long!??

Seriously people…-.-…how easy to do you want things to be…-.-

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

Dungeons should take 20 minutes tops from start to finish and have suitable risk/reward. This is currently not the case and the primary reasons I do not run dungeons. It is too hard to find a group, the dungeons are insanely difficult and many take far too long to complete. Should I mention repair and travel costs?, too?

Thanks, but I will wait a while before considering dungeon runs again.

Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

COF groups are easy to get the other dungeons however……

Posted by: Rhazmuz.8637

Rhazmuz.8637

Maybe its because dungeons in this game are f***** horrible.

They are not fun, they are just insane. Sure bring on “you need to L2P”, but knowing how much tim eI have spent in this game, my gear/ability and the experience I have from other games with the people I play with, even the story modes in some of the dungeons are justkitten

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Most people aren’t going to want to try to pug Arah. You need to form a group of friends, do dungeons together, and build from there.

Plus everyone’s busy spamming Citadel of Flame speedruns for easy tokens/cash. Unless they have a special interest in other dungeons, they won’t do them.

Posted by: zeus.5248

zeus.5248

Just pls get rid of the need to repair armour during dungeons.The dungeons are already really hard and with the repairing cost being so high it just make ppl to just dont go there.So to promote ppl enjoy this aspect of the game and not feel they risk to much when they enter a dungeon make it so your armour dont get damaged and break while you are inside.

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

dungeons should take 20 minutes tops? wtf? go back to wow/rift please. This is not the game for you.

I have missed very much epic feeling dungeons for groups. I got to watch as Rifts dungeons were completely gutted and neutered to appease this crowd, and is ultimately the reason I left Rift. If you seriously want that type of play both WoW and Rift have 2 HUGE expansions coming out. Go to them. It is not wanted here.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

There are still people PUGing up for Arah shard farming on Crystal Desert as far as I know. I’ve spoken to someone who says that wall wasn’t patched too.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Anon.3041

Anon.3041

The dungeons are just so boring and pointless AND poorly designed. Very few ppl will bother with them.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

dungeons should take 20 minutes tops? wtf? go back to wow/rift please. This is not the game for you.

I have missed very much epic feeling dungeons for groups. I got to watch as Rifts dungeons were completely gutted and neutered to appease this crowd, and is ultimately the reason I left Rift. If you seriously want that type of play both WoW and Rift have 2 HUGE expansions coming out. Go to them. It is not wanted here.

killing off trash in DSM pre-nerf, SO EPIC.

SHORT instances have nothing to do with easy. a.net could easily remove all that stupid high hp trash and instances would still take 30+ minutes for a pug. would a coordinated group get it done faster? definitely, but they deserve it.

heck, TSW has no trash at all and the instances are still challenging – and actually fun.

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Wtf is with all of you people saying that the dungeons should take 10-20 minutes each to complete… SERIOUSLY? I agree that the dungeons are all just a tad too hard as it is right now, but that’s the whole kitten point, they’re supposed to be challenging, not something you do while watching a movie semi-afk!

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

heck, TSW has no trash at all and the instances are still challenging – and actually fun.

then why are you here?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

It’s hard to find dungeon groups that aren’t farming or running the easiest path only in general.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Treize.7026

Treize.7026

then why are you here?

Definitely a well thought out and relevant contribution to the discussion. Keep it up!

Meanwhile for those who are capable of a discussion beyond the level of a 3rd grader, it is possible to like something from another game without, in fact, being obligated to go back to that game.

I honestly have to agree with the sentiment that TSW’s dungeons were fun. They really were… but that was one of the only things that that game had going for it in the end. GW2 on the other hand, everything else outside of dungeons is spot-on. I don’t know what needs done, I’m inclined to trust Anet since they’ve done everything else so well, but this is really one of the first games I’ve played that one dungeon run feels like it’s enough for me.