Dredge Bomb Room

Dredge Bomb Room

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

As I’ve been working my way up through the levels in FotM, I’ve noticed that on the dredge bomb room there’s many a time when we’ll go to plant the bombs, run back and find that none of the bombs have exploded.

I have observed the excavators picking up the bombs. I believe that they can only hold one bomb at a time. At level 30, 40 and 48, about how many runs with bombs would you guesstimate you’d have to do before all the excavators “fill up” with bombs?

Also, is there a decent way of getting the bombs to explode without having the dredge pick up the bombs? We tried having 2 guardians do sanctuary to try to bounce the dredge away, but they seem to be able to pick up the bombs regardless.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Every group I have been in treat it as a suicide run. We dash in with speed and stealth buff and just keep dropping bombs at door. When we wipe we just do it again.

Dulfy has a strategy for it but I have yet to be in a group that does it.

Dredge Bomb Room

DigitalKirin.9714

Every group I have been in treat it as a suicide run. We dash in with speed and stealth buff and just keep dropping bombs at door. When we wipe we just do it again.

Dulfy has a strategy for it but I have yet to be in a group that does it.

Thanks, I’ve just hit lvl 30. I’ll check out Dulfy’s site for further info. I’m curious what level and about how many times do you guys hurl your bodies at the door?

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

Thief and or Mesmer. Easy as pie. stealth run bombs drop portal. Rinse repeat. Just make sure you can survive maybe 1 AOE when you run bombs (switching out of glass cannon armor helps).

Dredge Bomb Room

DigitalKirin.9714

Getting the bombs up isn’t the problem. >.>

I’m just curious about how many times you have to do it. At lvl 30 it really feels like a bottomless chasm you’re just tossing those into.

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

Thief and or Mesmer. Easy as pie. stealth run bombs drop portal. Rinse repeat. Just make sure you can survive maybe 1 AOE when you run bombs (switching out of glass cannon armor helps).

Add Engineer to that list. Smoke Field + Blast Finishers can be awesome. I think we managed about 24s of stealth with 3 Guardians and an Engineer.

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Depends on how lucky we are but about 3-4 is the average.

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

If you are in a proper dps group with two good guardians you can just kill everything, even at 48.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

If you are in a good group with good dps you can clear the mobs and proceed forward easily (there is a trick/pattern to it). If you are in a group with low dps or in a strange comp then you might have to resort to suicide runs since you may not have the dps to deal with it.

Different strat depending on your group.

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I usually do 48 and it takes maybe 4 shuttles of bombs. I’m a guardian though and I usually swap to PVT gear for the bomb/cannon part (let’s face it, most of us use MF gear for Dredge), so I don’t really understand the concept of suicide run lol. Just depends on what kind of party you end up with. Stealth and speed boost makes the entire thing a joke.

(edited by lcpdragonslayer.7895)

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

I usually do 48 and it takes maybe 4 shuttles of bombs. I’m a guardian though and I usually swap to PVT gear for the bomb/cannon part (let’s face it, most of us use MF gear for Dredge), so I don’t really understand the concept of suicide run lol. Just depends on what kind of party you end up with. Stealth and speed boost makes the entire thing a joke.

But if you suicide in a bad comp you can do it in 2 or 3 runs of bombs. You can use stealth and swiftness but it just takes longer and most people don’t want to add time on an already long fractal.

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

But if you suicide in a bad comp you can do it in 2 or 3 runs of bombs. You can use stealth and swiftness but it just takes longer and most people don’t want to add time on an already long fractal.

Suiciding is honestly fine as a tactic but if dredge is your second fractal and you intend to do your third fractal not naked, you’d rather do an extra bomb run and save your armour (unless, do people take off their armour to do suicide runs?)

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

If you are in a proper dps group with two good guardians you can just kill everything, even at 48.

I found this to be better and even faster than the stealth suicide way. The stealth way is more annoying now then ever with the recent changes and they usually steal bombs and have to wait on cds and leads to a lot of repairs.

The key is going to los spot and clear the mob there and quickly move to the next los spot and repeat until you clear the ones that don’t keep respawning. After that you plant half the bombs at the same time and run away and repeat. I just did it with a group that is mostly fairly new to 40s and all 4 have never done dredge in the 40s and it took use 8.5min. I recorded and will probably upload it tomorrow.

(edited by obal.3218)

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I was one of the 48 nubs in obal’s run, and yes, it was easier and cleaner killing our way up to the door at 48 than suicide runs are at lower levels. Definitely recommend that method above suicide.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Whenever Obal is in a group with me we never get dredge.

Conclusion: always do 48 with Obal.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Another way my teams usually do it, is have two people hit the whole group of dredge with aoe attacks, and then run like hell. Meanwhile while the mobs are distracted, the other 3 run in with bombs, and then run out again. It helps having a guardian along to protect the others.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Dredge Bomb Room

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Here is a video of the bomb room at 48. It’s a good strategy if you do it normally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_38rOY6Nl88

Dredge Bomb Room

DigitalKirin.9714

Thank you for the video, it is very informative!