Dredge Fractal - TOO LONG!!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ImpFX.7328

ImpFX.7328

Hi,
Why does it need to take so long to finish dredge fractal ? its only an instance out of 3/4 depends if ur even or odd.
A fully equipped and experienced players do it in no less than 1h , taking into account a thief is in the party which helps alot with first part of console and second part with bombs / drilling the door.

Something must be done to shorten this instance!!
Its unlikely to spend 1h+ on one instance out of three or four comparing to others which takes 30 minutes more or less.

Please fix !!!

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

if it takes you an hour to do dredge you’re doing it wrong. Practice, you don’t even need a thief. Shouldn’t take an hour at all. It is my least favorite fractal hands down, but it never takes an hour unless the group doesn’t know what they are doing.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

if it takes you an hour to do dredge you’re doing it wrong. Practice, you don’t even need a thief. Shouldn’t take an hour at all. It is my least favorite fractal hands down, but it never takes an hour unless the group doesn’t know what they are doing.

Ignoring the OP’s blatant exaggeration, it is still the longest fractal by a wide margin regardless if you’re the most skilled / efficient group or the least skilled / efficient group. The disparity of length for the individual fractals is really bad for the gameplay at large because you can never accurately predict how much time you’ll have to commit. Asura / Dredge / Cliffside compared to Swamp / Water / Ascalon is massive in terms of the time differential.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Ignoring the OP’s blatant exaggeration, it is still the longest fractal by a wide margin regardless if you’re the most skilled / efficient group or the least skilled / efficient group. The disparity of length for the individual fractals is really bad for the gameplay at large because you can never accurately predict how much time you’ll have to commit. Asura / Dredge / Cliffside compared to Swamp / Water / Ascalon is massive in terms of the time differential.

In a non fractal context. The difference between
4 Zerker Warriors 1 Guard is also masive time difference between the same team of 2—3 rangers, thief, necro.

Also add the gear multiplier and the tactics multiplyer.

The stages help, but honestly, its your team, tactics, and DPS they bring to the floor

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You’re right, but you can look at your team before you begin the run and say “This will be slower” or “This will be pretty quick” and adjust accordingly. You can’t look into the misty portal into the Fractal hub and make a judgment call either way. That’s the issue.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

if it takes you an hour to do dredge you’re doing it wrong.

It depends what level you’re doing. At highest levels, dredge is at least an hour long, there’s way too much adds with Rabsovitch.

Posted by: derry.2789

derry.2789

Nonononononono!

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I’m hoping for this fractal to get a bit of redesign love to be honest. It shouldn’t take an hour to finish it but it still takes annoyingly long at level 40 (highest level I’ve tried it, my personal reward level is 39 atm). Amazingly, Arenanet has given this fractal some “love” several times, only resulting in the fact that this fractal is practically hated with a passion by pretty much everyone and people I play with tend to reset it when it’s the first fractal in the series and now even if it’s the second or third (!)

First the rush tactic of spamming spy kits was blocked, then the teleport gun shortcut. I can understand why these changes were made because they trivialized parts of the fractal. Although I hate to see how consumables that actually had a use are effectively broken until they’re nothing but gimmicks that take up spots in people’s inventory, pretty much like every other bloody consumable in game.
Now my guildies tell me that the bomb hallway has been stealth-“fixed” so mobs respawn much faster and they pick up the bombs you drop even faster than before. Arenanet doesn’t want us to waypoint zerg our way through content but at his point, that’s the only way we can do this part of the fractal, the only difference with the classic waypoint zerg being that the whole party has to die or get out of combat.
Also, apparently the Rabsovich encounter has been stealth-“fixed” so you can’t pull the mob packs out of the room anymore, making this encounter much more of a hassle (and less rewarding for at least 1 person, who kites the boss until the other mobs are dead and therefore doesn’t receive any mining bags).

Arenanet, please stop making annoying fights even more annoying. Why not make this fractal fun to play again!

Posted by: ImpFX.7328

ImpFX.7328

Maybe im not a fractal veteran with 60+ reward level , im only 38 atm and finished over 250+ fractals.
I dont know how is Dredge in the -26 difficulty, I admit I havent done it in a long time now.
Im referring this issue to the 26+ fractals.
Id like to know how long it takes you for each part below, because I belive you never took times

*First part – console :

*Pre second part – Taking down the mobs -

*Second part – Bombs / Drillers + Cannons

*Third part – Mini boss :

• Road to boss -
  • Last part – Dredge machine / Ice boss :

Posted by: Marna Nindar.8120

Marna Nindar.8120

What level have you done it? I assure you that at high levels (60+) the part with the champions and dredge spawns took minimum 30 minutes without wiping a single time. That before last patch. Even with a good party 1 hour is reasonable, unless you are doing it at lvl 30 or lower or with a poor choice of professions/very low dps.

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

In a non fractal context. The difference between
4 Zerker Warriors 1 Guard is also masive time difference between the same team of 2—3 rangers, thief, necro.

Also add the gear multiplier and the tactics multiplyer.

The stages help, but honestly, its your team, tactics, and DPS they bring to the floor

Here’s your test. If you enter FotM and get Dredge as your first fractal, do you reroll? Yeah, that means it’s long compared to the others.

Posted by: ThrottleFox.2735

ThrottleFox.2735

I dont mind length, i hate how people want to skip and mes portal glitch through t he wall

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I dont mind length, i hate how people want to skip and mes portal glitch through t he wall

The problem with the first part is that the adds dont despawn which means that entering early result in easy death with range attack that fills the room.

They are all vets on higher end fractals

The first part is a pretty bad encounter

Posted by: Aurorrae.7462

Aurorrae.7462

if it takes you an hour to do dredge you’re doing it wrong.

It depends what level you’re doing. At highest levels, dredge is at least an hour long, there’s way too much adds with Rabsovitch.

I think that they should just get rid of this encounter. Its not creative or challenging, its just annoying – its just adds, and then the boss himself is cake. Its a time sink with no chest even – you do get a good amount of miners bags I guess

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Last time i did dredge at level 48 it took us around 50 minutes… its a long one for sure!
But Hillside is also long… and i would rather dredge because at least you get all those bag drops! Ive got a few loadstones from them.
We did swamp in around 10 minutes. and water in around 15

I find it quicker to do level 48 with pro players then levels 10+ with newer ones.

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

I agree Dredge is too long. It’s not that it’s too hard, ist just super-annoying to progress. I think if you have a coordinated group of ppl you know, it’s not so much of a matter but I did it yesterday on lvl38 with pugs and I usually pug above 30 because my guildies arent that far progressed. The console part is just a annoying pain if you don’t have any stealth classes with you, now there are even more adds lurking around everyhwere.

Then the bomb or cannon part, again super-annoying (not hard) but it takes a way to long.

The Rabsovitch part is quite okay, it requires some tactic where you dont need to stealth but can end annoying too if someone screws the aggro.

The final boss is the best part of the dungeon, nothing to change here.

The whole fractal is pretty much my least favourite one, and if you have no stealth class it’s unbalanced stretched into length. If you compare it to all other fractals, it just doesnt fit.

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

They just need to revamp Rabsovitch. The fight vs the adds is just plain boring and takes far too much time…