Drops: Y.R. the Dungeon runes Soulbound?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The ones you get as a random/chest drop…
This can’t possibly be intended… it has to be a bug
IE: they musta meant to flag them as Account-Bound instead, right?

B/c “fixing” the alternative would be a lot more difficult for them I’d suspect.
(* Pssst * …I’m talking about if you get one, and you wanted it on a different alt… I found it could just be tossed on a Junk-rare we were going to salvage for Ecto anyway, then move it that way =P)

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

A dev said he’d look into that back in Nov/Dec/Jan timeframe and then I never heard anything about it after that.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

ilr.9675

Ohh…. thanks.

Well as long as they don’t look into the work-around, I guess it don’t matter for now…

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Wait did you a soulbound superior rune dropped from a chest?!

Oh.

I see you have encountered a bug and should report it in the bug section.

Loot isnt supposed to drop from chests.

ilr.9675

Ahh okay that makes more sense, I’ll report it immediately then.
I agree, I should have to run this content only on my Alt that I need those runes for which was the only reason I was doing that dungeon in the first place, and o/c also b/c most chests should just be Ran past. What was I thinking?

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

That should really be changed. I run dungeons with different toons, and “great, a superior rune, that would be great for my -class-”
Guess what, you cant do that, rune is soulbound

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I think its because the only other way you can get them is by using dungeon tokens. They do not appear on the TP at all. It’d be nice if they were at least account bound…

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Oceanic [LOD]

Chopps.5047

Sounds like my man Hrouda gave the items team a heads up but the bug still exists. I wonder if it’s a tricky one, just low priority, or whether soulbound is truly intended. (Hrouda does level design so I doubt he can do anything about soulbound items directly)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Sounds like my man Hrouda gave the items team a heads up but the bug still exists. I wonder if it’s a tricky one, just low priority, or whether soulbound is truly intended. (Hrouda does level design so I doubt he can do anything about soulbound items directly)

He also gave the items team a heads up about lack of arah weapons icons few months back.

Chopps.5047

Maybe the items team is too busy cranking out RNG ticket walled skins to fix old bugs :P

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

how can you expect them to fix something like this so soon after updating the jellyfish pet

Retired. Too many casuals.

ilr.9675

It’d be nice if they were at least account bound…

they ARE account-Bound ’ able

That was the entire point of my post pointing out the coding inconsistency here…
And don’t keep talking about this come monday plz…
I only brought it up on the weekend for a reason

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

He also gave the items team a heads up about lack of arah weapons icons few months back.

That one is understandable, they were working on the new spykits icons which were updated in the same patch they got the 60 second nerf.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

They are bound because they are the same stats that you buy from the dungeon vendors, which is supposed to be the only way to obtain them. If they were not bound and you could sell them on the TP that would defeat the purpose.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They are bound because they are the same stats that you buy from the dungeon vendors, which is supposed to be the only way to obtain them. If they were not bound and you could sell them on the TP that would defeat the purpose.

The obvious solution is to make them account bound.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

These are even soulbound from the mystic forge. It’s been that way since… pretty much ever AFAIK.

Also: don’t worry about them ‘looking into’ that work-around, it encourages people to use gems on salvage kits for a guarantee they’ll get their rune back.