Druid for raids

Druid for raids

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Weerus.3701

Weerus.3701

Hello

I have raid ready chrono and revenant so far. Now I want to make heal spec druid. I heard they are very usefull for raids as well as dungeons and fractals.

I have ascended gear ready and and enough currency to buy jewlery I need. So wich stats should I focus for armor/weapon/jewlery? Any other things I need to be aware of?

p.s. looking for raid group

Thanks

Druid for raids

Posted by: Raguel.9402

Raguel.9402

Hey there,

Working on a druid (again xD) as well atm :-)

Well a healing druid as such is not really useful in dungeons and low tier fractals (high tier fractals maybe if you pug a lot and ppl wipe all the time).

There are currently two variants – viper – axe/torch or axe/torch and shortbow and power berserker gear – check the link:

http://qtfy.enjin.com/forum/m/27740239/viewthread/26116904-qt-rangerdruid-raid-builds

Both are viable and can or should be used interchangeably. You could get some trinkets with more healing power if your group struggles with not dying but you shouldn’t need to :-)

[Teef] for lyfe

Druid for raids

Weerus.3701

are you saying that healing build is not good enough?

Druid for raids

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

are you saying that healing build is not good enough?

There simply isn’t a need for healing in most forms of content outside of raids, and even in a lot of raid encounters healing isn’t that important, if your group knows the mechanics

Druid for raids

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

I believe all good druids should carry three sets with them, namely a power set, condi set and healing set. The healing set is a good one to start with as it will get you more confident with druid mechanics. You can then work towards the other sets if you enjoy the class.

That said, I’d recommend Zealot’s stats with monk runes for your healing armour as it offers a very good balance between personal DPS and healing potential. You can then take full berserker weapons / trinkets with the usual runes. One additional option might be a Zealot’s staff with a sigil of transference if you feel you need extra healing.

There’s an argument to be made for Magi’s stats, but I personally feel it boils down to giving up your personal DPS for extra survivability. Which is unnecessary in all of the current raid boss fights.

Druid for raids

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Hello

I have raid ready chrono and revenant so far. Now I want to make heal spec druid. I heard they are very usefull for raids as well as dungeons and fractals.

I have ascended gear ready and and enough currency to buy jewlery I need. So wich stats should I focus for armor/weapon/jewlery? Any other things I need to be aware of?

Thanks

The guys that replied above me are skilled raiders with guild groups that are trying to min max their damage.

In general if you aren’t going for record runs or in a guild group then you need to realize that the tradeoff for a little DPS gain (zealots) is not worth the cost or the risk associated with it.

Most pug or semi casual groups tend to be ok with magi/clerics mix for healing druid since your main job is to heal and not be top tier DPS. Top tier DPS is managed by you keeping scholars bonus and GOTL up for your allies.

The only thing to consider really when you build your druid, is to have multiple sets of trinkets (Magi, Clerics) so you can swap out in case you have more toughness than the tank (Aim for 1100-1500 toughness). The tank needs to aggro the boss by having highest toughness so you have to be lower than them on your druid.

Also, zealots is extremely expensive in price and that money imo is far better spent just gearing up another character instead in addition to gearing a Magi/Clerics druid.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Druid for raids

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Hello

Thanks

The guys that replied above me are skilled raiders with guild groups that are trying to min max their damage.

In general if you aren’t going for record runs or in a guild group then you need to realize that the tradeoff for a little DPS gain (zealots) is not worth the cost or the risk associated with it.

Most pug or semi casual groups tend to be ok with magi/clerics mix for healing druid since your main job is to heal and not be top tier DPS. Top tier DPS is managed by you keeping scholars bonus and GOTL up for your allies.

The only thing to consider really when you build your druid, is to have multiple sets of trinkets (Magi, Clerics) so you can swap out in case you have more toughness than the tank (Aim for 1100-1500 toughness). The tank needs to aggro the boss by having highest toughness so you have to be lower than them on your druid.

Also, zealots is extremely expensive in price and that money imo is far better spent just gearing up another character instead in addition to gearing a Magi/Clerics druid.

This is the best answer.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Druid for raids

Weerus.3701

Hello

Thanks

This is the best answer.

So magi stats for armors/weapons and cleric stats for jewelry? About weapons, do you have 2 staffs? Or is 1 weapon of your choosing?

Edit: Suggested sigils runes to go with the set? I guess monk runes? For weapon Sigil of Water and Transferance?

Druid for raids

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Hello

Thanks

This is the best answer.

So magi stats for armors/weapons and cleric stats for jewelry? About weapons, do you have 2 staffs? Or is 1 weapon of your choosing?

Edit: Suggested sigils runes to go with the set? I guess monk runes? For weapon Sigil of Water and Transferance?

no reason for more then 1 staff (avatar is a weapon swag, to trigger your trait), yes monk runs and water/transference sigils

Edit: Just made the build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFAWn0rC1siNrAuqAEtiFDBz511s6Bwd1waZlJAsuaAl4xwA-TxxGABDt/AeKBbTHA5PAglU+po6PAcBAEFgfB-e

notice: that I popped all ascended on, exo is more often then not good enough)

And: The skilles that I popped on will differ (same can some of the traits) depending on what boss you are fighting etc.

(edited by Sigfodr.9576)

Druid for raids

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Full magi with monk runes. Get magi trinkets from dungoneer and rest of the magi trinkets as you get more magnetite. People realized zealot is terrible when wing 2 came out and it’s still terrible.

Also do not watch Dulfy’s druid PoV in her raid guides. She is a garbage tier druid. Practice your rotation and figure out how to time your skills yourself as you play. Watching some good player PoV videos could help.

Druid for raids

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Full magi with monk runes. Get magi trinkets from dungoneer and rest of the magi trinkets as you get more magnetite. People realized zealot is terrible when wing 2 came out and it’s still terrible.

Zealot isn’t as terrible as you might think. You can soloheal sloth and trio in wing 2 with these stats. If your group is full of people who can’t dodge the shake or walk into poison etc at sloth then even magi won’t help you. If you have full zealot stats you get around 1.2k healingpower (including bufffood). Full magi has 1.6k healingpower. AT BEST you heal 400*1,1*1.1*1.1*1.1=585.64 HP more assuming a coefficient of 1.1 (with sigill, rune and bufffood). Most healingskills have a much smaller coefficient. Therefore you sacrifice 1.382 power! So you cripple your own dps to less than half of what it used to be with zealot in tradeoff for like +11-15% more healing. Also you don’t need to heal that much if your group has even a small awareness of what they are supposed to do at the encounter.

Druid for raids

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

You can soloheal sloth and trio in zerk+scholar or viper, too.

Druid for raids

Weerus.3701

I went with Magi armor with Monk runes, Cleric jewelry and Zerk back piece – I have Zerk jewelry as a 2nd set in case I need to lower my toughness. Weapons are Staff and Sword/Axe Zerk stats with water and blood sigil – blood sigil to help me fill avatar bar. Pets are electro wyvern for cc and tiger for fury on demand. With that I took precision utility and heal power food.

This imho give me enough personal dps, utility as well as survivability and healing power.

Your opinion on this build?

Druid for raids

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I would honestly only bother investing in Zealots if you aim to do regular consistent raiding or possibly running with friends in WvW. There is simply no need for it elsewhere in the rest of the game.

(edited by Mitch.4781)

Druid for raids

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I went with Magi armor with Monk runes, Cleric jewelry and Zerk back piece – I have Zerk jewelry as a 2nd set in case I need to lower my toughness. Weapons are Staff and Sword/Axe Zerk stats with water and blood sigil – blood sigil to help me fill avatar bar. Pets are electro wyvern for cc and tiger for fury on demand. With that I took precision utility and heal power food.

This imho give me enough personal dps, utility as well as survivability and healing power.

Your opinion on this build?

It seems a bit jack of all trades, master of none. Is this just for running in open world or for specific raiding encounters. I personally would ditch both of those pets. Lots of other classes provide fury and the electric wyvern while nice looking is slow. IF you want to specifically heal and support groups, you should be brining the fernhound and maybe blue moa for protection or pink moa to daze down breakbars. Also consider switching out your offhand axe for warhorn as skill4 produces nice group wide buffs like might, fury and swiftness, thus negating the need for the tigers fury. If traited it can also bring regen too, meaning between ur warhorn, hound and healing spring you can almost have regen constantly up. The Birds skill 5 while not great gives u some personal dps.

(edited by Mitch.4781)

Druid for raids

Weerus.3701

Warhorn 4 skill procs everytime I swap pets, combined with tiger it gives nice fury uptime and electric wyvern is there because I heard its strongest cc for ranger. Axe provides a cc and reflect which combos nice with fields, thats why I went for it. I have fernhound ready if more heals needed.

Druid for raids

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Healing druids are really nice for Mai Trin scale 100.

For raiding I think Druid is going to be something that people will have different opinions about depending on their team, but it’s generally safer to go more healing flavored than damage flavored to be more useful to your team. If you need to lower your toughness without losing healing, you can use Magi accessories. The ascended ones are a pain to get (Need to complete Honor of the Waves and Twilight Arbor collections), but it’s a nice thing to work towards while you’re not raiding. You can always use the exotic ones, they only cost a little bit of Karma. The Tiger and Electric Wyvern are pretty good choices for most fights in raids.

If you have any more doubts, you can watch this video about druids: (Link) It’s pretty comprehensive.

Druid for raids

Weerus.3701

Healing druids are really nice for Mai Trin scale 100.

For raiding I think Druid is going to be something that people will have different opinions about depending on their team, but it’s generally safer to go more healing flavored than damage flavored to be more useful to your team. If you need to lower your toughness without losing healing, you can use Magi accessories. The ascended ones are a pain to get (Need to complete Honor of the Waves and Twilight Arbor collections), but it’s a nice thing to work towards while you’re not raiding. You can always use the exotic ones, they only cost a little bit of Karma. The Tiger and Electric Wyvern are pretty good choices for most fights in raids.

If you have any more doubts, you can watch this video about druids: (Link) It’s pretty comprehensive.

Thank you, will check that video I use current build for fractals. It was build with raiding in mind

Druid for raids

Weerus.3701

Nice video, cleared some doubts