Due to the need for Warriors

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

Due to me being kicked in CoF or any dungeon really because I main a Guardian has been pretty irritating, managed to make a warrior and get it to 80 in 1 day ( Spent about 80-100g ) and crafted it, now I get to run dungeons with no problems, I think it is absurd people will kick anyone thats not a warrior.

Oh well, Warrior = farm
Guardian = WvW

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

That’s what my warrior is. Our guild does dungeons everyday, might as well bring the most efficient available. I still enjoy my Mesmer, Ranger, and Engineer, their places are just elsewhere in the facets of the game.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Due to me being kicked in CoF or any dungeon really because I main a Guardian has been pretty irritating

What kind of idiots are there on your server? I mean, Necros/Engis I can sorta understand, but Guardians are still freaking a-ma-zing!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Direngrey.8376

Due to me being kicked in CoF or any dungeon really because I main a Guardian has been pretty irritating

What kind of idiots are there on your server? I mean, Necros/Engis I can sorta understand, but Guardians are still freaking a-ma-zing!

Elitists are everywhere, yeah if I was a Elementalist/Necro/Engi I can I suppose understand why, I don’t know why they don’t want any Guardians. As I said, elitists are everywhere, they are moronic people.

But however seeing it in their shoes, they want the dungeon to be fast, clean and simple, get the money, and repeat, farm. Using 5 warriors that can stack banners and “For Great Justice!” can get the job done. But still, doesn’t excuse them for being kittens.

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

The only time I see groups looking for only warriors are group doing CoF path 1 farming. For everything else, a guardian should always be a welcome addition.

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Who cares, just ignore those people. Run with a group of people who are good at the game and don’t pigeon hole themselves into a stupid group setup. Guardians are definitely at the top of perceived class tiers, and can output insane damage if outfitted in berserker’s gear as well.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I ran COF p1,p2 w/ my guardian (and my warrior) almost every night (2×2) to get COF gears for my mesmer & my ranger (and that’s a lot of tokens), I haven’t notice anybody objecting me as an guardian as long as my guardian doesn’t show up when they ask for warrior in LFG. So OP, I don’t know …

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I jump in groups frequently when I see LFM, heavy preferred, or guardian preferred. Several groups out there recruit guardians specifically, and the best speed clear team I’ve run with for TA does it with 3x ’zerker warriors + 2x melee guardians.

Dunno, rough times?

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Hard to believe Guardian is complaining. Against ranged enemies their DPS/support hits the roof, on top of being already in the roof.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I usually get asked to get off ‘X’ class and get ON my guardian for dungeons.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve never been kicked out of a speedclear CoF1 group on my Guardian.

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

Direngrey.8376: Due to me being kicked in CoF or any dungeon really because I main a Guardian has been pretty irritating, managed to make a warrior and get it to 80 in 1 day ( Spent about 80-100g ) and crafted it, now I get to run dungeons with no problems, I think it is absurd people will kick anyone thats not a warrior.

well actully all of my groups ive hade has hade a guardain because of the staff skil1 for might and the mesmer signate of insporation can slam on 25 stacks of might to al party members, and the guardians block ability the virtue really helps a lot on the final boss.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

warrior = farm and dungeons
Guardian = every dungeon ._.

warrior is required for 1 dungen farm

Guardian is almost a necessity everywhere else :|

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Elitists are everywhere, yeah if I was a Elementalist/Necro/Engi I can I suppose understand why

A good elementalist in a well experianced party increases the overall damage output about 4 times as much as a warrior.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Elitists are everywhere, yeah if I was a Elementalist/Necro/Engi I can I suppose understand why

A good elementalist in a well experianced party increases the overall damage output about 4 times as much as a warrior.

How?

A dps ele is not comparable to a dps warrior and doesn t offer support.
An auramancer ele has to rely on a particular build.

Giving fury to other players reduce noticeably your own dps and support..
And that doesn t mean other will benefit the fury boon because crit damage has to be taken in account.

So basically he gives out some of his own DPS potential…

People looks things on paper too much….they risk missing some details that change what really is the final result.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Wethospu.6437

Perhaps I got you wrong but are you saying that if you have experienced party of 4 people adding one Elementalist equals adding 4 Warriors?

Sarcasmic.6741

Perhaps I got you wrong but are you saying that if you have experienced party of 4 people adding one Elementalist equals adding 4 Warriors?

If the encounters in question are the various burrows in AC, then yes.

Otherwise, I just can’t see it.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I am glad to see the class I enjoy the most is so widely accepted…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

I am NOT glad to see the class I enjoy the most is NOT so widely accepted… (thief)

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I am NOT glad to see the class I enjoy the most is NOT so widely accepted… (thief)

Well, you’re hideously overpowered in PvP.

That’s always something.

Warriors are next to useless in PvP.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

That’s always something.

well, since we kinnda suck @ pve, but as you said we are OP in pvp, then see you there !!! (wvw ofc)
you may run, but you can’t hide !

(edited by DanH.5879)

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Thief sucks in pve? from what I’ve seen only bad thieves suck in pve, I will often pick thieves i know are good over warriors in pve..

As for people thinking its absurd non warriors getting kicked from CoF groups.. If I advertise that I want warrior for my cof group, its absurd that people playing anything else would expect not to get kicked..

CoF farming is all about the path of least resistance.. Thats about all warriors are needed for.

Posted by: Enderr.5416

Enderr.5416

On what server are you playing ? Is it full of elitists? Ignore them or look for a better guild/server. My main is a warrior, I always liked this class in every MMO’s I played. But I usually join mixed teams and only occasionally zerker teams, because mixed teams are more fun, and I DO want to have fun in this game, not to farm recklessly.
On the other hand, I do not think warriors need a nerf. We do a lot of dmg in certain conditions and with certain stats/armor/weapons, sacrificing hp and armor, otherwise is just a regular class .
Btw, the team I do usually fractals and various dungeons has 2 warriors, 1 guardian, 1 thief and 1 ele . Beat that .

Kingdom of Dragons [KoD] guild leader – Gandara server
www.kodgw2.webs.com

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Stop joining speed runs and you won’t get kicked, i have no problem joining groups on my ele

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

That’s what my warrior is. Our guild does dungeons everyday, might as well bring the most efficient available. I still enjoy my Mesmer, Ranger, and Engineer, their places are just elsewhere in the facets of the game.

You get kicked/denied for being a Mesmer? What universe is this in?

And I’ve seen plenty of Guardians in CoF with the run still being faster than 4war 1mes.

My fastest group was 2war 1guard 2mes. We took out Slave Driver before first Time Warp ended. We took out the Effigy before the 2nd Time Warp ended.

Posted by: Oatmeal.1895

Oatmeal.1895

That’s always something.

well, since we kinnda suck @ pve, but as you said we are OP in pvp, then see you there !!! (wvw ofc)
you may run, but you can’t hide !

Thieves don’t suck in pve, they just have to work it harder and are more squisher. It’s ok little buddy, I’m a guardian, I’ll spam my boons all day on you. Also, they do indeed rock it in pvp.

Also, I do CoF1 runs, but I also clear everything. If I get someone who joins and tries to run across the bridge like an idiot and ignores what me and my group mates are saying he get’s kicked. If they argue about it, it’s either shut up and work with what the group is doing or leave.

Doesn’t matter what class you are, Engi, Ele, Thief, Warrior, Necro, etc. Or what build, just use common sense and stick with the group and you’re alright by my standards.

(edited by Oatmeal.1895)

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Block anyone that kicks you as a Guardian,… that way you are manually filtering baddies.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Due to me being kicked in CoF or any dungeon really because I main a Guardian has been pretty irritating, managed to make a warrior and get it to 80 in 1 day ( Spent about 80-100g ) and crafted it, now I get to run dungeons with no problems, I think it is absurd people will kick anyone thats not a warrior.

Oh well, Warrior = farm
Guardian = WvW

Gonna call shenanigans on your claim of 80-100g. I’ve leveled a character to 80 through crafting. I gave him 15g to start and followed a decent guide. Each profession ended up costing 2g-3g since you can get 1g-2g easily from selling the items you make either to a vendor or on the trading post. The last 3 rares alone go for 35s a pop. Artificer was by far the most expensive and chef was the least expensive.

I get your point though. It’s stupid how unbalanced warrior damage is and has been since beta.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Oh well, Warrior = farm
Guardian = WvW

Gonna call shenanigans on your claim of 80-100g. I’ve leveled a character to 80 through crafting. I gave him 15g to start and followed a decent guide. Each profession ended up costing 2g-3g since you can get 1g-2g easily from selling the items you make either to a vendor or on the trading post. The last 3 rares alone go for 35s a pop. Artificer was by far the most expensive and chef was the least expensive.

I get your point though. It’s stupid how unbalanced warrior damage is and has been since beta.

It’s not false about the crafting cost from 1-80. It’s probably around 60-80g when I did it last week—at least using gw2wiz’s guide which seems pretty efficient to me. And I think the more trivial a dungeon gets, the easier it is to just hop on the warrior train and zerk farm a dungeon but it’s not that common for harder runs.

COF p1 is just a place for players of any skill level to hit frenzy + 100b and win. Doesn’t mean there’s a call for warriors in every single dungeon. I really would like posters to specify the actual dungeon and not generalize cof p1, or ac exp (not really) expectations to represent All 25 dungeons.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

A guardian can make certain content faceroll which is why its normal to see 1 guardian and 4 warriors as the best grouping. Arah is a great example. Guardians were just made for Arah but the warriors still bring the facerolling dps. However in CoF yes I can see groups only wanting 4 warriors and a mesmer for path 1. I guess it depends on what your into.

Sarcasmic.6741

I never said I was kicked for being a Mesmer. I usually run with my guild anyhow, and we have a member who only has a Mesmer. So if he’s running, I bring my Warrior. I enjoy my Mesmer much more in SPvP and WvW than in PvE anyhow (except for Lupicus anyway, /only/ my Mesmer gets to fight him).

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

People complaining about people being elitist, but still same people “would understand to be kicked if was a ele, engi or necro”. Is this not elitist? Confused people are confused.

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

Posted by: The Brigadier.3847

The Brigadier.3847

Personally as long as you have one soldier and don’t have 3 of anything you are usually fine in a dungeon. That being said certain classes are better than others and there is just no getting around that.

Those who have nothing to hide have nothing to fear, For I am the Law and the Law is not mocked.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i’ve seen quite a few gw2lfg posts where people want guards for cof p1. i find it really strange because my ranger does far more dps than my guardian every managed.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Direngrey.8376

Oh well, Warrior = farm
Guardian = WvW

It’s actually not shenanigans, the armor smithing was about 10g , weapon smith about 8g huntsman about 10g, tailor about 8g, chef about 2g, artisan, about 4g , leatherworking around 7-8g and jeweler about 5, total 45-50g + the exotics I made which ended up being around 88g. Powerful blood costed me an arm and leg since I bought a lot.

The actual crafting to 80 was about 50, but the added things that I made, totaled to about 88.

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

srsly OP you can FO. only been playing for like 3-4weeks and chose a necro as my main, boy am i kitten kicked from dungeons because i’m not a fking OP class.

Indeed. I have everything at 80 and my favorite class to play is the necromancer; I enjoy the concept and seeing the fountain of numbers from condition damage. What a disgrace that I can’t enjoy playing him in most dungeon groups. I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve been in groups where as soon as a necromancer auto-joins the group instantly requests to kick him/her.

Dungeons seem designed to unfairly privilege those classes and builds with burst and direct damage (which also happens to be the best damage against objects) – it just gets the dungeon completed more efficiently. I hope ArenaNet is hard at work on adjusting dungeon content so condition builds fill an important role, not to mention fixing the irritating mechanic of rendering more than one condition player detrimental to overall group DPS (condition stacking/cap issues).

Direngrey.8376

srsly OP you can FO. only been playing for like 3-4weeks and chose a necro as my main, boy am i kitten kicked from dungeons because i’m not a fking OP class.

Are telling me to F off? Grow up. If you don’t like the post go troll elsewhere. Blocked btw.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

warrior = farm and dungeons
Guardian = every dungeon ._.

warrior is required for 1 dungen farm

Guardian is almost a necessity everywhere else :|

Guardians are good to have but not absolutely required for everything.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

And I’ve seen plenty of Guardians in CoF with the run still being faster than 4war 1mes.

My fastest group was 2war 1guard 2mes. We took out Slave Driver before first Time Warp ended. We took out the Effigy before the 2nd Time Warp ended.

Obviously a universe full of evil moustached dopplegangers. Where necros are in full zerk gear and thieves are only viable in bunker builds.

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I made a guardian just for dungeons runs and have no problem finding groups.
Even on my necro I can always find a group on gw2lfg.com for cof, even though it’s full of kittens.

Farming is different, but yeah, if somebody wants spend his time with brainless farming in a CoF 1 – warrior class is just for him.

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

CoF Farming perfers high dps so people naturally use warriors. That being said you shouldnt be kicked from any group on any class on any run that is not CoF p1 farm.

Its usually stated its a farm on gw2lfg.com so just dont join them or start your own group.

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

Wethospu.6437

So I was just rejected from a team at Lupicus because I wasn’t a Guardian.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

So I was just rejected from a team at Lupicus because I wasn’t a Guardian.

Serves you well. Btw, can I still join that team with my guardian?

Dub.1273

If the encounters in question are the various burrows in AC, then yes.

Otherwise, I just can’t see it.

Well, works well on burrows too but the advantage in having an elementalist is basically provided against all (stupid KI-) melee mobs which you can get stuck somewhere. For example using the terrain to make all your “projectiles” drop at the same location does simply grant an unbelievable amount of damage which is also given to others by conjured weapon(s). If the kitten petrifying doesn’t exist or throwing tears would let you keep environmental weapons, Simin in Arah Path 4 would be easily duoable.

btw: lol@wethospu getting rejected for Lupicus.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Let’s assume for a moment that Elementalists and Warriors do the same damage with Berserker Gear. (They don’t; Warriors do more)

One Warrior can provide his group with permanent Fury using “For Great Justice!” and using the #2 on Banner of Discipline. This is +20% more Critical Hit Chance. Warriors on average also provide 3-7 stacks of Might for their group permanently. Finally, Warriors can provide 3-5 stacks of Vulnerability using Greatsword spec, or 9-10 using Axe/Mace.

So unless your Elementalist is bringing 100% more Critical Hit Chance and 12-25 stacks of permanent Might to the whole group by itself, (the entire time, not 20% of the time), and 25 stacks of Vulnerability 100% of the time, your statement is a gross exaggeration at best.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

People in COF are very specific and touchy about their speed runs. Run it with your guild, or don’t run it all is the solution I’ve found (and I’m a warrior). Just not worth the grief, imo.

Now, as many others have said, everywhere else Guardians are probably the most valued class. Have you tried Fractals? Guardians are generally the top desired class, and a group with at least two is much easier than one, and far easier than with none.

Dub.1273

Let’s assume for a moment that Elementalists and Warriors do the same damage with Berserker Gear. (They don’t; Warriors do more)

One Warrior can provide his group with permanent Fury using “For Great Justice!” and using the #2 on Banner of Discipline. This is +20% more Critical Hit Chance. Warriors on average also provide 3-7 stacks of Might for their group permanently. Finally, Warriors can provide 3-5 stacks of Vulnerability using Greatsword spec, or 9-10 using Axe/Mace.

So unless your Elementalist is bringing 100% more Critical Hit Chance and 12-25 stacks of permanent Might to the whole group by itself, (the entire time, not 20% of the time), and 25 stacks of Vulnerability 100% of the time, your statement is a gross exaggeration at best.

Lets tell you one thing.
AC endboss with 2 Warriors: around 2 minutes. With 4 Warriors around 0:50.
AC endboss with 2 Elementalists: around 40 seconds. With 1 Warrior and 1 Elementalist: around 30 seconds. With 4 Elementalists: 3/bad luck=13 seconds.
Does also work very well on Arah Path 3 Boss/Path 1 Ooze or seriously any melee mob in the game.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Fastest CoF run ever – and we regularly blaze through CoF – 2 wars, 1 mez, 2 ele. Area retaliation and area might, ’nuff said.

If you know how to combo, why would you not want an ele?

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Because other classes have better skills that provide benefits greater than any combo field can possibly deal out

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

My stopwatch disagrees. And lack of combo knowledge makes me cry.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]