Dungeon Armor prices are high

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Goose.9317

Goose.9317

These dungeon armor prices are really ridiculous. Not only am I upset that all non exotic armor looks the same but now I looked at the prices of the main armor and I never want to do dungeons now. They completely lied, this game turned into a joke really quick. Oh well, at least PvP is good…

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Depends really heres how I see armour medium armor pieces.

They come in styles its always either a trench coat or an asymmetrical couture piece that Lord Gaga wouldn’t wear.

And I don’t like em :|
I just want a normal, short jacket, gloves that go over the jacket/shirt sleeve, with pants that have belts and cross stitched seams and shin high boots.

Thats all I wanted, just something that vaguely looks human looking, but no…. its always either a trench coat or

Goose.9317

I don’t have a problem with the armor you get in game and I like the extremely over priced armor that you get from mindlessly grinding out dungeons 70 times. I just don’t want to do it.

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

Ya I would say a high percentage of the people that were doing dungeons before today stopped doing them today and that includes me after I tried to do CoF once. At least in GW1 if you wanted to get the obsidian armor(most expensive) you had the choice of not grinding the dungeons. You could of bought the items from people. Now it’s only grinding hardcore to get them and it’s stupid. I want the game they promised, no grinding plain and simple.

Goose.9317

And the crafting gear is good by itself, and you can buy that gear through the auction house. And since you can buy the crafting stuff with gold you can also buy them with Gems. Not only is this game pay to win but it is also extremely grindy.

Posted by: kennythekoala.2758

kennythekoala.2758

The crafted 80 armor looks straight stupid. I want my dungeon armor without playing the same dungeon 65 times.

Rockmachine – VoTF

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

The crafted 80 armor looks straight stupid. I want my dungeon armor without playing the same dungeon 65 times.

You a medium armour person?
Coz that Emblazoned set… reminds me Shredder from Teenage mutant ninja turtles if he was from Mongolia

Posted by: Grenic Lonnes.7546

Grenic Lonnes.7546

“-This game turned into a joke really quick.”

Well you certainly sound like the credible source after all. Let’s all move to pvp and forget about the ridiculous depth of content elsewhere because some uninformed raging fool comes on the forums and cries because they had absurd expectations of what lack of grind is. Anet has said that you don’t have to grind in their game, and you do not. They’ve not said that there is no grind anywhere, if that were the case I shudder at what kind of pathetic 48hr single player game we would have instead of an MMO.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your time playing this joke of a game, or at least the PvP. As it turns out, it’s probably there for people like you, as shocking as that is. Not everyone wants to play the game you envision, I guess that’s why Anet designed it though.

Posted by: Searingarrow.4637

Searingarrow.4637

I have to agree that grinding the same dungeon over and over is extremely tedious… There should be a more creative and fun way to get the gear besides fighting the same bosses 38 times.

Goose.9317

Grenic, do you think most people want to do the same dungeon 70 times to get the set?

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

AHAHAHAHAHAH THEY LIED

YOU MAD?

Anet pro

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

saved all the grinding for level 80, then punished you for doing it. lol le troll face.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

AHAHAHAHAHAH THEY LIED

YOU MAD?

Anet pro

They lied and changed a ton of things between interviews and release. They already have our money for buying copies and some people will still buy gems since they want gold.

Frankly they don’t care about us since they can’t wring anymore money out of us.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: jeno.6435

jeno.6435

they said it isn’t supposed to be a grindy game so you’d buy it.. now that you bought it, they don’t give a horse’s azz what you feel about the game anymore lol

its like they are telling you that THIS is how you should enjoy it lol, if you don’t like you can always quit hahaha.. ANet like a bawss

Posted by: Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

“-This game turned into a joke really quick.”

Well you certainly sound like the credible source after all. Let’s all move to pvp and forget about the ridiculous depth of content elsewhere because some uninformed raging fool comes on the forums and cries because they had absurd expectations of what lack of grind is. Anet has said that you don’t have to grind in their game, and you do not. They’ve not said that there is no grind anywhere, if that were the case I shudder at what kind of pathetic 48hr single player game we would have instead of an MMO.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your time playing this joke of a game, or at least the PvP. As it turns out, it’s probably there for people like you, as shocking as that is. Not everyone wants to play the game you envision, I guess that’s why Anet designed it though.

You don’t have to grind in their game. You don’t have to grind in any MMO. “Hey guys, play our MMO. We’re different because you don’t have to grind if you don’t feel like it, but we still do have lots of grinding in the game. You just don’t have to grind at all; unless you want the gear. Good luck if you do.”

Goose.9317

Lelouch, that is how sarcasm is supposed to be done. I commend you sir

Posted by: Holyfrog.1956

Holyfrog.1956

Lelouch made me smile for a sec, then again its too true to be all that funny

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

people were arguing over at gw2guru that the interviews were done 2 years ago therefore a invalid comparison to the current implementations

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

There is a big difference between what people want and what they need. It’s unfortunate that Arena Net made a lot of promises with things that people want. Closer to release date, however, these things are dropped due to being unfeasible.

Grind is subjective, and if you make it so everything is accessible quickly, everyone will burn through the content just as quickly and quit until the next content patch. It’s sadly necessary. Everyone is able to hit 80 in 1-2 weeks. They need something to do until you are able to crank out more content.

It’s just that the armor set grind that Guild Wars 2 has is enough of an uphill slope that many players aren’t willing to even bother.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

What you thought when they said GW2 was not a grind you thought it was about gear and stuff? I remember they were referring to leveling grinding.

They also said dungeon gear was something you had to work for and to prove you worked to get that dungeon exclusive weapon/gear skin. Ya some are not level 80 but the point of obtaining those items has always been for the skin/look of the weapon and armor as Anet originally planned from the start.
It is to show off and say “Hey I actually worked hard to get these things at this certain Dungeon” and was never about “Hey anyone can get these Dungeon gear whenever you want with little to no effort from this certain Dungeon.”

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Dungeon gear is prestige gear and prestige gear is something that you’re supposed to accumulate over weeks or even months to show that you lost your life on a tiny part of the game but that’s not really a big deal because the stats are the same as “easy” to get exotic gear which isn’t really easy to get but still the dungeon armor is just there to look fancy not to be an upgrade in stats. breath

(edited by Cerise.9045)

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

At the moment I have only done AC story mode. All the nightmare stories I have been hearing, both with other story modes and explorable modes, is putting me off bothering to even run another dungeon.

Add the Diminishing Returns on loot, dynamic events and even in dungeons and I’m beginning to wonder whether this game is even worth playing.

Posted by: Sev.9587

Sev.9587

1. Leveling is NOT grindy
2. Would you have wanted that uber cool exotic armor for 10s/piece and no work at all?
3. You are fine in dumb looking gear – if you want to look cool then work for it.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

1. Leveling is NOT grindy
2. Would you have wanted that uber cool exotic armor for 10s/piece and no work at all?
3. You are fine in dumb looking gear – if you want to look cool then work for it.

This.

There’s plenty of other exotic armour that you can get in a week. The time and effort it takes to get dungeon armour is the entire point of the dungeon armour.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

There’s plenty of other exotic armour that you can get in a week. The time and effort it takes to get dungeon armour is the entire point of the dungeon armour.

no, the point of the armor is to provide a carrot you can chase to keep you playing (and buy their gems while you’re at it). cause, let’s face it: why should someone buy gems if he doesn’t play the game?

inb4 I want welfare armor and I’m too lazy to work for the look of my character no one gives a crap about but me.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

no, the point of the armor is to provide a carrot you can chase to keep you playing (and buy their gems while you’re at it). cause, let’s face it: why should someone buy gems if he doesn’t play the game?

inb4 I want welfare armor and I’m too lazy to work for the look of my character no one gives a crap about but me.

I intend to continue playing irrespective of whether or not dungeon armour exists. Running dungeons has no impact on my gem buying habits either.

The armour hardly constitutes a carrot to chase since you do in fact get the armour and you know exactly how many runs are required to get it. The phrase carrot on a stick refers to something unobtainable, since the carrot moves forward every time you do.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

the game isn’t grindy. You don’t HAVE to grind, you don’t NEED the prettiest armor.

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

I played GW1 off and on for 5-6 years. I never once performed said grind to get obsidian armour, knowing I personally was content with the other armours with a much smaller time constraint requirement based off the time I was willing to put in. I definitely ‘liked’ the other armours, and would have ‘liked’ to have them, but I didn’t lose sleep over it and continued to enjoy the game. So no, it’s not a requirement, its a bonus to those who will look forward to continue to do dungeons down the road, and not want to get 3 sets of exotic gear in month 1.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

This game has grind but it’s not required to enjoy the game You can spvp without disadvantages from the get-go and the hard to get gear doesn’t offer any advantage over easier to get exotics. Most, if not all of the grind is aestethic and not required to unlock new content (i.e. you can efficiently complete any dungeon without having to farm gear before). Also, the harder it is to get said gear, the less people will have it and the less prestige it will have.

P.s. we had max level max stats players like 20 days after release. Oh the grind.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Yes, Dungeon Armor is purely for looks. Just like the biggest grind – a Legendary Weapon. But to you all that think a mere 60+ runs is a grind: I laugh real hard at you. I mean you could make it a grind by just running them over and over, since there are no cooldowns. The idea is to find the grind you enjoy the most. If you don’t enjoy running the dungeon, why are you so hard out to look like said dungeon?

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

No grind for me. I generally get a character to cap, or end-game, maybe do a little of it, then take an alt to cap. Repeat. I still need 3 character slots to do all of the Professions. I will get to 80 8 times. I might PvP(WvW) with some, I might not. I might build a Profession I’ve done before just to take a completely different spec… or be part of a static/theme team.

Grinders gonna grind.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Cendol.5712

Cendol.5712

My opinion is that YOU DON’T HAVE TO GRIND to get the same status on your armor/weapon pieces, there are lots of way to get it, ITS your CHOICE to grind Dungeon because of the particular dungeon SKINS. Are you telling me to give you all items so easily…this game will be bored and no content at all……just like when you use cheat code in single player game…you get bored fast !!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The price is fine, I earned 8 exotic dungeon armor pieces and 1 weapon already + leftover badges.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Lerlian.5190

Lerlian.5190

And the crafting gear is good by itself, and you can buy that gear through the auction house. And since you can buy the crafting stuff with gold you can also buy them with Gems. Not only is this game pay to win but it is also extremely grindy.

You sound rather idiotic when saying that this game is pay to win. Anything you can get through the cash shop you can get through the game easily. Unless you know what pay to win means, don’t say it.

And this game is nowhere near as grindy as other games. Example: Aion

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

Actually dungeon armor is free. You don’t pay any gold for it. Just valuless tokens

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

Hey they put things for everyone. Those who want it easy can stay on blues and greens and by exotic weapons then be fine. Those who want to work a bit more can craft rares or even exotics.

Then those who like grind will work forever to get dungeon armor and legendary unless your a noob piece of s**t with CoF gear from 15 minutes magg runs.

I think my point is there is people doing it right now and we love it pls don’t take our grind away after all nobody is forcing you to get these.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

Posted by: Crucifer.2831

Crucifer.2831

Actually dungeon armor is free. You don’t pay any gold for it. Just valuless tokens

Haha “You don’t pay for it.” You ran any dungeons lately…you’ll lose 3-5 silver a run A RUN! Let alone the 90 runs you need for all your gear pieces…so in all you are going to lose 4-5 gold.

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

Crucifer if you manage to lose 5 silver per dungeon run when the reward is 15 silver and you loot a bit on the way you got a problem.

Most people are gaining money from dungeons I’m sure.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.