Dungeon BUG on hitboxes - Ascalonian Catacomb ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

don’t know if this is a bug or i’m just plain stupid,here goes…

the burrows that emerge have a strange hitboxes that can’t be touch by any other skills except my default attack, no matter where i’m facing the burrows..

i’m a warrior,i use GS on this kind of situation..and above cases aren’t the only one..sometimes with default attacks when i attack from the front it hits normally..and then when it reaches chain 3 on the default attack it misses, on the second attempt, the chain 2 were missed and the 3 was hit…for me it seems like a bug

it’s not game breaking, but it surely is annoying at some point when we have to race against time

so :
1. strange hitboxes
2. random teleport after it destroyed (i got teleport next door, at the south east corner of the room and stuck with combat mode and can’t teleport for a very long time)

so here’s my case..anyone have the same problem or is it just me being plain stupid??

NOTE : strange hitboxes not only appears on dungeons, but throughout the world when we have to destroy, for example, catapults on the shaemoor garrison and others as well

thanks guys

and please, if this is not intended, fix the bug ANet

mbelcikuwh.1379

bump..anyone?

Posted by: Harleh.1958

Harleh.1958

don’t know if this is a bug or i’m just plain stupid,here goes…

You’re not stupid. The hitboxes are very broken. I’ve run the Ghosteater line of AC over 30 times because both the other questlines involve the formidable burrows.

Posted by: Demosthenes.4635

Demosthenes.4635

Keep moving while attacking. I run in circles on top of them when trying to hit them. I never miss. Then I finish the dungeon and get treated unfairly by the DR system.

mbelcikuwh.1379

Keep moving while attacking. I run in circles on top of them when trying to hit them. I never miss. Then I finish the dungeon and get treated unfairly by the DR system.

do you think this is intended for us to keep circling the burrows?

sorry to hear about DRS, so far i got what i deserve..60 for each path i’ve taken in a day and the rest was just purely for fun doing a dungeon and leveling

Posted by: HoneyBee.5704

HoneyBee.5704

the burrows seem to have problems when using ranged as well… cant hit with bows.

mbelcikuwh.1379

the burrows seem to have problems when using ranged as well… cant hit with bows.

this i don’t know…hmmm,,ranged weapon seems not working properly,but AoE does the job well done by ele i think

hmmm i think this is a bug rather than a trick,should i post this somewhere else or let it be here?

Posted by: HoneyBee.5704

HoneyBee.5704

well u mentioned “bug” in ur post.. so i just posted one which i thought was a bug instead of creating multi threads. guess lets just leave it here. and hopefully the mods take a look into all these mini problems as well

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

TBH all their hitboxes for non mob objects need to change in shape. It feels like all of them just use a normal hitbox which work great for certain geometries but crap for stuff like this.

Posted by: Demosthenes.4635

Demosthenes.4635

Maybe you were being sarcastic, but just in case, it’s most likely not intended. I’m just mentioning a workaround.

mbelcikuwh.1379

Maybe you were being sarcastic, but just in case, it’s most likely not intended. I’m just mentioning a workaround.

ooh dear me..no,i was not being sarcastic at all..i’m just merely confused by the state of the matters that’s all..

i’m really sorry if i’m posed being such as one…

well…i hoped this thing can be fixed soon then

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I agree, the hitboxes definitely needs to be bigger. AC explorable is fun, but the defend events on path 1 and 3 are unneccesarily difficult simply due to this bug.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

I ran into this today as well. Most of my group could not damage the burrows with our autoattacks. My necro staff autoattack was saying “out of range” at point blank which makes no sense. Other party members were getting the “obstructed” message which seems to be more common. The only sure fire way to damage it was to use AoE DoT’s, but obviously these mostly have significant cooldowns and we would get overwhelmed before we could destroy them.

Defending Hodgins seems like a fun challenge but the hitboxes on the burrows need to be adjusted.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Posted by: Chilsung.3710

Chilsung.3710

This is actually pretty common for destroyable objects in all locations, not just these burrows. A lot of them are impossible to hit with melee attacks, except from a very specific angle or location. Even some of the larger enemies, such as periods during the dragon fights and other world bosses, have locations where you simply cannot hit them with melee attacks, despite clearly wailing on a target location.

??