Dungeon Completion Monthly Achievement is absurd

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

The addition of this requirement to the monthly achievement is absurd. Instead of forcing players into activities designed to drain the economy of gold, give them options!

Based on the Halloween event, we know the ability exists to have an array of achievements that can count toward a larger one … so give players the option to complete Task A or Task B or a combination of each.

This new achievement requirement is going to steer a lot of the general/casual population into hardcore content that is brutal and unforgiving — it is going to rob casual players of what little coin they have and likely cause a lot of frustration.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

but dungeons are easy.
and AC is well known to give you atleast 50s per run of each path once a day.
you only need to do 5 dungeons for the whole month.

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

I’m not talking about story mode there champ, i’m talking about exploration.

Posted by: Painking.4703

Painking.4703

I’m not talking about story mode there champ, i’m talking about exploration.

That’s what he’s talking about. Champion Gravelings drop 5-10s from their corpse alone, plus another 15s from the boss graveling, plus the 26s on the dungeon reward, and AC is easy enough to complete a path in 30 minutes, 40-50 minutes if you stop to fight trash.

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Path two is really quite easy for AC
And there’s no requirement for the monthly to be Explorable anyway

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Wow, why don’t you just let ANet hold your hand through everything in the game. Sure a few dungeon paths suck, but for the most part its cake. I don’t even see why this is an issue.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Explorable dungeons aren’t hardcore or brutal. For level 80s, every path ranges from cakewalk to moderately difficult, altough Arah might be harder on the average (I have yet to tackle it so I can’t judge for now). In fact, I’d like harder challenges and mind you, I’m no pro leet MLG hardcore gamer.

P.s. fun fact, to actually lose money from completing an exp dungeon you’d have to die at least 15 times and that calculation doesn’t count the money generated from drops.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

Honestly, most casuals should have no trouble with this if they stick to CoF path 1, AC path 2, and HotW path 1.

All three are easy, fast, and get groups together very quickly.

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

If your 80, get a pug group for AC p2 or CoF p1(or 2). These are by far the easiest dungeons and so many players know them that if it’s your first time in there it won’t matter, that’s how easy they are. You could literally do all 5 dungeons you need for your monthly in 1 to 2 hours, these paths take 20 to 30 minutes a piece. There are people constantly spamming in LA for AC’s, its not impossible at all.

I don’t really enjoy WvW but getting 50 kills for the monthly took me about 2 hours so who really cares. They can’t cater to everyone and the monthly is not required for anything, the karma and coins are nice but they aren’t just going to give them away for nothing. What would you like one of the achievements to be? “Run around the mystic forge 4 times?” “But i don’t like running in circles!!!!!!”

Effort = Reward

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

(edited by rickets.1386)

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

The addition of this requirement to the monthly achievement is absurd. Instead of forcing players into activities designed to drain the economy of gold, give them options!

Dungeons drains the economy of gold? That’s new to me. That’s where I make all of my gold from. So I fail to see how it suposedly drain gold.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

Heh I do more than 5 dungeon runs a day so this is no problem for me at all but I don’t care much for WvW because getting killed by massive zergs is not fun to me or killing others while I am in a massive zerg requires no skill at all so I would much rather have that removed from monthly than dungeons.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

WvW kills are absurd as well. Suck it up and either do it or don’t. You don’t HAVE to do the monthly if you don’t like the requirements.

Posted by: King Jon.3128

King Jon.3128

I just ran my first dungeon explore a couple days ago…

I didn’t run it much, but I already have a lot of coins. Well, I got the leggings and now have 280 more coins.

I doubt you even ran a dungeon in explore. It’s much faster than the story for Arah..

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Dungeons drains the economy of gold? That’s new to me. That’s where I make all of my gold from. So I fail to see how it suposedly drain gold.

I agree. I have made roughly about 150g from dungeons since launch. Not much, but it’s certainly not a loss of money.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

If you’re complaining about 5 dungeon paths for a monthly then you don’t deserve it. Anet stated early on that monthlies would change month to month to get people to try all aspects of the game. 5 dungeon paths which literally takes ~2 hours if you do easy ones like AC, CoF1/2, TA u/u, CM1/3, HotW1, etc. is better then something useless like 500 salvages.

If you cannot handle an easy dungeon path 5 times in 30 days you might as well stick to single player games.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Go farm whatever Orr event you usually farm for an hour, then buy 20 mystic coins on the TP with the money

Gratz, there’s your monthly achievement, and you didn’t spend hours in dungeons like the rest of us here do regardless of the rewards. (which honestly, ARE pretty bad)

PS: I got 70 kills in WvW yesterday while waiting for a dungeon team.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Strzalka.9451

Strzalka.9451

I’m not so lucky with my WvW kills, but a month is plenty of time, even if I only get 20 kills a week.

As for the Monthly… it sounds like a lot of people think the monthly should be based on some single aspect of the game, which is sad. I am glad that they require people to spread out and participate in multiple aspects of the game. And the rewards may not be huge, but it’s at least something to complete each month, and it is a reward for simply playing the game.

Point being.. if you can’t complete one of the 4 tasks for the monthly.. you don’t deserve it.

Diabel Zwierze/Ranger
80’s – Necro/War/Ele/Guard