Dungeon Completion does not give Spirit Shard

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

Before the change from Spirit Shards to Skill points, completing a dungeon would give almost a full level of experience (80%) which for an 80 was an additional skill point. The skill point was a valuable part of running a dungeon as it could be converted into gold for anywhere from 40s, if you did material kitten t2 flipping, to 1-2g+, if you crafted an expensive mystic forge recipe and then sold it. Needless to say easy skill points were a sizable portion of the profit of running a dungeon.

After spirit shards were introduced, we still gain experience for completing the dungeon, but we do not get a spirit shard for completing it. I do not know if this is a bug or oversight. If this is a bug, I hope it is patched soon. If it is an oversight, I hope Anet would reconsider and add Spirit Shards as a bonus for completing a dungeon instead of experience.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I am pretty sure what happened here is, Anet didn’t want dungeons to give the spirit shards because in the future exp on a lv 80 is going to be a huge deal for masteries. Once HOT comes out the exp will be really useful, maybe Anet felt it would be too much to give both.

Or maybe they just forgot about dungeons.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Skill Points/Spirit Shards were nerfed because people like me were farming legendary weapons and selling them for game-breaking amounts of profit.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

As much as this sucks, I think it’s intentional.

The skill point came as result of “leveling” via experienced gained, as opposed to a separate reward, for completing the run.

Leveling from experience points, regardless of source (crafting, events, hearts, kills, etc.) no longer rewards skill points beyond 80, unfortunately, this includes experience gained from a dungeon run.

It’d be nice, but unlikely, to see them reward a Spirit Shard as part of the daily account bonus reward for completing a run – but definitely not for subsequent runs.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

What mourningcry said.

Theres a really simple solution. Add a spirit shard to the bonus gold chest. So we no longer get the extra experience. But we still get the spirit skitten first completion per day.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Or maybe they just forgot about dungeons.

How can dungeons be real if our eyes aren’t real?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Has any of you checked the spirit shard difference in your wallets before/after dungeon runs? They said shards are supposed to drop off mobs (for lvl 80 characters) now, so I would assume they drop of mobs in dungeons, too. I have no idea at what rate they drop though, and haven’t really played myself for the last couple of days (beyond being dragged through the new LA jp by my 9-year-old daughter ).