Dungeon Difficulty

Dungeon Difficulty

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: jaxxxson.4862

jaxxxson.4862

I know it has been said, but I feel the need to take a serious evaluation at the nerfed rewards of the recent dungeon reward nerfs. Adding mindless elite NPCs to random areas does not equal out to having more skill or proper effort being put in to “re-balance” a dungeon. This cheapens the experience and it even before these added mobs, the mobs took too long to kill.

It’s not fun watching their health whittle away as you just cast the same 15 skills in rotation, occasionally running out of the way of an area. What adds to this terrible design is getting to the end of the dungeon and getting nothing for your effort.

This is absolutely unacceptable, on a fun factor, I have no incentive to even try a dungeon, so take that, and then remove the reward, you know what that makes? A very unhappy gamer. There’s plenty of game more beyond this, but why does the “peak” have to be so terrible? It’s not fun hitting the same target for 5-10 minutes depending on what it is.

This would all be fine if and only if the mobs died faster, or the reward was so great, that I felt it was necessary to waste my life trying. But even that said, I’m still not having fun. There needs to be some serious work done on this, adding random difficult mobs was the absolute wrong direction to go with them, and truthfully you’ve gotten my purchase so it doesn’t matter much to you as a developer or a marketer, but as a gamer, it SHOULD matter to have fun, and that’s what I want to have.

I’m really hoping to see changes done on this because as it’s current state, I just want to play other games, and hell, I will. I sincerely hope this gets the proper light it needs, or at least more content apart from this gets released. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Dungeon Difficulty

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

This is how I feel.

Theres nothing luring me back into dungeons, no cash rewards no, no loot rewards, kitteny end game medium armour skin?

Chance of leaving dungeon with less money I had in my wallet…
Yeah…. no thanks.

Dungeon Difficulty

jaxxxson.4862

This is how I feel.

Theres nothing luring me back into dungeons, no cash rewards no, no loot rewards, kitteny end game medium armour skin?

Chance of leaving dungeon with less money I had in my wallet…
Yeah…. no thanks.

Although I’m sorry you share my opinion, I completely understand, it’s just “anti-fun” there’s no excuse for it to be in the state it is. It’s lame coming from enjoying dungeons that were considered “easy” and having a good time getting good rewards then running into this.

Thanks for responding, makes me feel like this wasn’t wasted space haha.

Dungeon Difficulty

Posted by: Spectacles.5097

Spectacles.5097

I completely agree with you. My friend and I were really excited to do the first dungeon “AC”. We were pleasantly surprised at how difficult each encounter was. We thought that maybe we were doing the fights wrong, but later realized that there isn’t much in terms of the game giving you warnings or indications as how to deal with certain mob or boss abilities (excluding the whole red circle “get out of the fire”). That 3rd boss with the pair of humans was basically a graveyard rush our first try. My friend and coworkers went on to try that instance again and did much better the 2nd time around.

I gave ArenaNet the benefit of the doubt with AC (even though my friend and his coworkers basically quit because of the terrible dungeon design) and came upon CM a couple days ago. I was happy that the run was not as time consuming and also felt alot more balanced compared to AC. I thought, “see I knew there were more manageable dungeons.” I’ll admit the exp was too much for story mode…then I found out about the nerf.

So what do I do? I try the explorable mode with a level 80, 72, 5X, 5X, and me (46). It was hell. The mobs HP were way too high. It was either slap this one mob for 3 minutes until it dies or fight 4 at once and continually get downed/die. My endurance bar cannot keep up with all the huge hits I end up needing to dodge. Throw on top that some terrible boss fights. One boss was literally a tank and spank while killing the sword it summons. Seems simple enough yet somehow me and others were getting 1 shot downed occasionally. I’m pretty sure it took 10+ minutes to down that boss. The fight was EXACTLY the same thing for 10+ minutes. Why have this game design? We ended up not even being able to finish the dang instance because one player got feared out and couldn’t rejoin our dungeon ID.

The dungeons are really turning me off from what otherwise is an amazing game so far. Not to mention I see patch notes about punishing players for “speed-running” instances. I understand trying to prevent players from exploiting, but punishing players for doing them “too” fast is just silly.

Dungeon Difficulty

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

I completely agree with you. My friend and I were really excited to do the first dungeon “AC”. We were pleasantly surprised at how difficult each encounter was. We thought that maybe we were doing the fights wrong, but later realized that there isn’t much in terms of the game giving you warnings or indications as how to deal with certain mob or boss abilities (excluding the whole red circle “get out of the fire”). That 3rd boss with the pair of humans was basically a graveyard rush our first try. My friend and coworkers went on to try that instance again and did much better the 2nd time around.

I gave ArenaNet the benefit of the doubt with AC (even though my friend and his coworkers basically quit because of the terrible dungeon design) and came upon CM a couple days ago. I was happy that the run was not as time consuming and also felt alot more balanced compared to AC. I thought, “see I knew there were more manageable dungeons.” I’ll admit the exp was too much for story mode…then I found out about the nerf.

So what do I do? I try the explorable mode with a level 80, 72, 5X, 5X, and me (46). It was hell. The mobs HP were way too high. It was either slap this one mob for 3 minutes until it dies or fight 4 at once and continually get downed/die. My endurance bar cannot keep up with all the huge hits I end up needing to dodge. Throw on top that some terrible boss fights. One boss was literally a tank and spank while killing the sword it summons. Seems simple enough yet somehow me and others were getting 1 shot downed occasionally. I’m pretty sure it took 10+ minutes to down that boss. The fight was EXACTLY the same thing for 10+ minutes. Why have this game design? We ended up not even being able to finish the dang instance because one player got feared out and couldn’t rejoin our dungeon ID.

The dungeons are really turning me off from what otherwise is an amazing game so far. Not to mention I see patch notes about punishing players for “speed-running” instances. I understand trying to prevent players from exploiting, but punishing players for doing them “too” fast is just silly.

excellent summation. Same for the OP

Dungeon Difficulty

jaxxxson.4862

I agree, it isn’t fun to sit there and do the same thing for 10 minutes. What’s worse is if you fall the repair costs are ridiculous, and the fact most of everything one-shots you, you’re going to fall.

Another thing I don’t agree with is that it’s story mode which is the equivalent of the “easy or normal” mode, if it was at an enjoyable level of difficulty, why increase the difficulty? That’s more of what explorer mode is supposed to be for I thought, and considering it’s called “story” mode, I would like to get through it with skill, not luck and listen to the actual story.

Ah well, I’m hoping it’s been working on, very well written, I appreciate the feedback on the topic!