Dungeon/Fractal Record Rule Meeting

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Also changed the limit to 5 so a guild can bring a team.

5 is way too many and not needed.
Even 3 felt like too many last time but went fine, therefore I think 3 is the perfect amount to avoid going off topic etc and have enough people present to sort this whole thing out.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Even 3 felt like too many last time but went fine, therefore I think 3 is the perfect amount to avoid going off topic etc and have enough people present to sort this whole thing out.

I’m still waiting for the guilds that I sent an invite to even invite their original 2 others.

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

Nike said it himself that he was the manager of the DnT record hosting.

The speed record community will not blow up itself unless we let people like you have their way.

Seriously, what is wrong with some (not all) DnT folks??
If you cannot have a toy only for yourself then you do everything you can to break it??
Grow up.

By this logic, manager at McDonald’s = CEO? You have literally no idea what you’re even talking about, is it comfy under your tin hat?

snip

Can you please show us the chat box screen shots from which you draw all of your conclusions.

(edited by Card.9704)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Are we still tossing around conspiracy theories? roflmao

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I’m still waiting for the guilds that I sent an invite to even invite their original 2 others.

Like mine, they’re likely full in guildslots. I suppose it should be fine just to have the one in charge and have them take 2 to voice comm?

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Like mine, they’re likely full in guildslots. I suppose it should be fine just to have the one in charge and have them take 2 to voice comm?

Yeah that’s fine. Could you send me a message on the forums or in game so I just have a general idea of who and how many are coming then?

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

By this logic, manager at McDonald’s = CEO? You have literally no idea what you’re even talking about, is it comfy under your tin hat?

Your point was that Nike had “nothing” to do with record hosting. Now we all know that such statement is absurdly absurd. But maybe for you the manager at McDonald’s has nothing to do with selling fast food meals?

Besides, Nike is your guild leader, he tried to defend his guild initiative, he acted against the community’s initiative. What else do you need? Oh right, we need that part where Nike insults, the part where he criticises unconstructively, and the part where he is dishonest.

But the good thing is, as soon as I point out those things that anyone not from DnT is well aware of, then Nike begins to be constructive. You are welcome

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Card.9704

The entire point of our hosting the records was to fill a gap left by gwscr. There was no plot for record domination, no conspiracy whatsoever. But I’m just a hiveling so have no idea what the truth really is, still, I’d really enjoy to see your cache of screen shots.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

The entire point of our hosting the records was to fill a gap left by gwscr. There was no plot for record domination, no conspiracy whatsoever. But I’m just a hiveling so have no idea what the truth really is, still, I’d really enjoy to see your cache of screen shots.

This is an other discussion which has reached closure already, but sure, let’s talk about this if you wish.

There is no conspiracy theory. We all know that DnT was not aiming to “dominate” records or anything like this that you can imagine the rest of us thinking. I mean seriously, there is nothing to “dominate” anyway.

It was good that DnT tried to fill the gap indeed. It was wrong to act unilaterally though.

But now the good part. Once Nike went public with his initiative, he was met by disagreement from the community. Also, Weth made a proposal for a better initiative. I am sure that Nike wanted what is best for the community of course. But I am not sure why Nike argued as much as he could against the will of the community, why he used dishonest political language and why he antagonised people. I am not sure why he changed his prototype record page to a page where he openly insults Weth and rT.

I think we can all agree that a responsible guild leader who cares about the health of the community would have seen the advantages of Weth’s proposal and therefore he would have promptly moved to support the better alternative.

Obviously this is not what happened, but luckily the will of the community prevailed in the end.

Still, we can all see how frustrated some DnT members are since those events. Just read the weekly discussion threads, it is breath taking.

The question is: why are they salty anyway?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

There is no conspiracy theory.

But now the good part. Once Nike went public with his initiative, he was met by disagreement from the community. Also, Weth made a proposal for a better initiative. I am sure that Nike wanted what is best for the community of course. But I am not sure why Nike argued as much as he could against the will of the community, why he used dishonest political language and why he antagonised people. I am not sure why he changed his prototype record page to a page where he openly insults Weth and rT.

I think we can all agree that a responsible guild leader who cares about the health of the community would have seen the advantages of Weth’s proposal and therefore he would have promptly moved to support the better alternative.

Obviously this is not what happened, but luckily the will of the community prevailed in the end.

Still, we can all see how frustrated some DnT members are since those events. Just read the weekly discussion threads, it is breath taking.

The question is: why are they salty anyway?

Sounds like a conspiracy >_>

Also PSA- Zelyhn does not = entire community. :x

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

No, it does not sound like a conspiracy. But it sounds like someone who sometimes fails to see what is good for the community.

Also, it does sound like someone who himself thinks that others are conspiring. Fear the illumin-rT.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

No, it does not sound like a conspiracy. But it sounds like someone who sometimes fails to see what is good for the community.

Could it be possible, that you are that person?

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Could it be possible, that you are that person?

Entirely.

And then it would be very easy to prove me wrong with objective arguments.

But so far objectivity has shown mostly the opposite.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Edit: swiftpaw deleted the message I am replying to. She was suggesting that my arguments are not objective.

As always, if anything that I say is wrong or not objective then feel free to explain how.

I base my observations from threads that are here for everyone to see. Only the stuff that DnT removed in shame is not accessible anymore, like that insulting record page.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

(edited by Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867)

Card.9704

It’s truly amazing what banning someone from a chat box can do.

J Eberle.9312

Don’t feel like farming tonight. ;D.

You have your perception and that’s wonderful, however perceptions don’t always = reality.

You’ve been clinging to anti – Dnt sentiment for many months now, eventually you’ll tire of it (at least I hope, for your own well being.)

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

It’s truly amazing what banning someone from a chat box can do.

It is even more amazing how you fail to discuss at the objective argument level.

But then I guess that fact that you resort to personal attacks suggests that you have nothing to reply, which means that my arguments are irrefutable.

Or maybe you are trying to dilute the conversation so that the weakness of your position does not appear so obvious. If this is the case then rest easy, Nike has started to be constructive now so everything is fine.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Card.9704

Also, the entire sub-forum was closed not removed, since it served zero purpose. And if a single snarky, yet accurate, post makes the entire initiative insulting then heaven forbid what you must think of your own ravings.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I am afraid that I am not talking about a forum but about a proper web page, Card. And it has been made inaccessible.

Edit: I realise now that you do not even know what I am talking about! The subject of my point is the very page where records were hosted: the page whose link was published on reddit. You mentioned a forum post, I was not aware of it. You see, I do not find reading the DnT forum particularly enjoyable, but it is always interesting to know that people there make “snarky” comments. Anyway, DnT hivelings (not all DnT members) call me delusional, but it seems you do not even know what is going on in your own guild! That modified record page was not up for a long time but it was clearly dedicated to Nike’s own illumin-rT theories and to outright insulting (with a video!). The page was eventually removed. No doubt that if more people saw it then an even larger part of the community would be convinced that Nike is driven by anger and that he puts his own egoistic interest before that of the community.

Note that I never said “the entire initiative is insulting”. In fact I have said the initiative was good, although poorly executed. That page that was insulting was published only after the community judged Weth’s initiative better than yours.

Edit (cont.): the question still remains: why is Nike so frustrated? When the meeting takes place, are DnT folks going to be all salty or will you manage to be constructive?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

To clarify and FWIW, it was me, Brazil, Timlankey, and our forum admin who set up and maintained the records page. Nike literally had no input on the matter. In general, if someone doesn’t take the initiative to create and maintain something, it doesn’t normally get done (an example is PvE tournaments).

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Thats fair enough. But would anyone like to comment on the record page after the community agreed to let Weth host records?

I have no idea who was actually responsible for that. But it was a great eye opener for those who were more on the fence about certain DnT member attitudes. Unfortunately it got removed fairly fast after discovery. I assume to prevent mass public outrage. You do have your reputation to maintain after all.

Also i keep seeing people imply that there is some conspiracy with how Weth took charge and im involved as well. The funny thing is i had never actually spoken one on one to Weth until after i became a record approver. I hardly knew him (proves how little he actually interacted with rT even while he was a member). And since then the only conversations we have had are strictly to do with gw2dungeons.net and record stuff.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Card.9704

Can you please show us all your screen shots. The world would like to know the truth.

Tree.3916

Thats fair enough. But would anyone like to comment on the record page after the community agreed to let Weth host records?

I have no idea who was actually responsible for that. But it was a great eye opener for those who were more on the fence about certain DnT member attitudes. Unfortunately it got removed fairly fast after discovery. I assume to prevent mass public outrage.

After Weth’s first iteration of the records module on gw2dungeons, I personally deleted the page from our forums seeing as it was no longer the “official” records board (not implying the DnT records page was official in any capacity). The only reason it was up during the interim was because people were still submitting records while Weth was developing the website.

Edit
I cannot comment on other people’s attitudes though. There has always been some animosity even before the records page went up. It’s just what happens when people are in a competitive environment.

spoj.9672

I have no idea who was actually responsible for that. But it was a great eye opener for those who were more on the fence about certain DnT member attitudes. Unfortunately it got removed fairly fast after discovery. I assume to prevent mass public outrage.

After Weth’s first iteration of the records module on gw2dungeons, I personally deleted the page from our forums seeing as it was no longer the “official” records board (not implying the DnT records page was official in any capacity). The only reason it was up during the interim was because people were still submitting records while Weth was developing the website.

You are obviously unaware or claiming to be unaware of what that page was edited to show shortly afterwards. It required a direct link to view but it was quite an amusing immature response to the community decision.

Card.9704

Who is the community?

spoj.9672

Im guessing all the people who agreed to let Weth host records on gw2dungeons.net?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Should we discuss whether to host records on DnT site or mine at the meeting? :O

Anyways I doubt anyone has a screenshot of that mysterious webpage. But here is my reddit post about it, it should give some idea: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2silnb/dnt_basic_pve_dps_rotation_guides_for_all_classes/cnq6k8u?context=3

But perhaps some key members of DnT can reveal more about it so everyone knows what this all is about.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Should we discuss whether to host records on DnT site or mine at the meeting? :O

We should probably discuss who was involved with what when DnT was hosting things, too. It seems tremendously “important” based on this thread.

Maybe then we can discuss some other equally irrelevant stuff too. How about the font style and font size the rules are written in? I vote for size 30 wingdings, and everything should be italicized.

/s

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zui, surely you noticed that the topic has been brought up by Card.
In contrast I said that I considered this topic to be closed.

The record page insults provide a good example of how irrational Nike can be.

I don’t mind. But we all have a problem with people not being constructive.

Well at least DnT folks got to express the frustration they kept inside since those events. I still don’t understand what they are being salty, but I hope they can get over it before they deal more damage to the record scene.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

nobody is salty. thats exactly what you dont understand

[qT] Quantify

spoj.9672

Well you are certainly not sweet. ;>

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Could you explain how do you know better than I how often I was contacted about the rules?

I have a pretty good idea. Since they asked me the same questions before each tournament and when DnT was hosting the records. Each time my answer was “Ask Cookie” or “Ask Ravi” or “Ask Weth.” So yeah, I have a pretty good idea of how many questions you got.

Also I would like to hear why would I create pointless polls on purpose when it just wastes my time?

What’s pointless or meaningful to different people is different. For all I know you enjoy the work and having something to tinker with entertains you.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

NikeEU.7690

Your point was that Nike had “nothing” to do with record hosting. Now we all know that such statement is absurdly absurd.

Actually, it’s not absurd because indeed I had nothing to do with it. If you think you know differently, please explain what I had to do with it in specifics. FWIW, I had as much to do with it as the leader of the Final Fantasy branch of DnT had to do with it, which is to say, none.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Your point was that Nike had “nothing” to do with record hosting. Now we all know that such statement is absurdly absurd.

Actually, it’s not absurd because indeed I had nothing to do with it. If you think you know differently, please explain what I had to do with it in specifics. FWIW, I had as much to do with it as the leader of the Final Fantasy branch of DnT had to do with it, which is to say, none.

You had nothing to do with it yet you posted about it on reddit, you defended it against the community, and you insulted people once they found a better alternative?

Yeah…

I am not sure what is worse about a leader: lying, or not being responsible for what goes on under his leadership.

Edit: by the way, would you care to explain that insulting record page? Your own guild mates seem to be not “aware” of it.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

NikeEU.7690

You had nothing to do with it yet you posted about it on reddit, you defended it against the community, and you insulted people once they found a better alternative?

Yeah…

I am not sure what is worse about a leader: lying, or not being responsible for what goes on under his leadership.

Edit: by the way, would you care to explain that insulting record page? Your own guild mates seem to be not “aware” of it.

Any argument that occurred on reddit was the result of the typical teenage drama I have to defuse when dealing with children.

Insulting record page I have no memory of. I don’t edit the pages on our website and I didn’t see it if there was because I don’t think I ever navigated to that page once. I’ll take you at your word and assume there was some negative salty comment there and I’ll assume it was Brazil who made it since he usually updated the pages. Direct all hate mail to him, I’m sure that will be fun for everyone.

edit: I posted it on reddit because I have the highest reddit karma of anyone in the guild so when I posts they don’t get immediately buried.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

(edited by NikeEU.7690)

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Do that if you wish.

That page displayed the typical Weth/rT conspiracy association that you often express too. But I am ready to trust you if you say that you had nothing to do with that as well.

In fact, I am not the one asking for explanations! Again, Card brought up the topic while I said I considered it to be closed.

All we need that you start being constructive with Weth.

Edit: you “have no memory” of the page, yet you replied to comments mentioning it on reddit? Bah… moving on!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Tree.3916

…snip…

You are obviously unaware or claiming to be unaware of what that page was edited to show shortly afterwards. It required a direct link to view but it was quite an amusing immature response to the community decision.

Ahh now I understand. This issue is actually my fault. During the creation of the records page, the top navigation bar on our website was full. All options stretched across the width of the screen completely so adding a new item would mess with the formatting. Our forum admin is picky with styling so I did not add a “Records” link until I had discussed with him how to proceed. Therefore, the only way to view the page was through a direct link.

spoj.9672

No no you are still misunderstanding. The page was edited to remove the leaderboard and replaced to display an insulting conspiracy theory and a link to an offensive video. It wasnt up for long though.

Very curious how the whole of DnT seems to not know what happened on their own site.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Insulting record page I have no memory of

Perhaps this can refresh your memory?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2silnb/dnt_basic_pve_dps_rotation_guides_for_all_classes/cnq6k8u

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2silnb/dnt_basic_pve_dps_rotation_guides_for_all_classes/cnqhj9r

Also Card the master-memer and e-dater extraordinaire, there’s screenshots of it and a cache somewhere in that train-wreck of a thread if you actually care enough to trawl it for them.

Tree.3916

No no you are still misunderstanding. The page was edited to remove the leaderboard and replaced to display an insulting conspiracy theory and a link to an offensive video. It wasnt up for long though.

Very curious how the whole of DnT seems to not know what happened on their own site.

Oh I see. Well our website is maintained by several people that are not in the GW2 branch so it isn’t unreasonable that the website changes without our knowledge. And since it “wasn’t up for long” it is entirely possible that very few people in DnT actually saw the video.

Edit
I am not trying to justify what happen but rather explain the events.

(edited by Tree.3916)

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

You know, “sorry” takes much less effort to type than elaborate lies, and it would be a healthy step towards constructive discussion at the next meeting

But anyway as your egos will never allow you to utter this word, like I’ve said before, this is all smelly business from the past. As long as DnT can manage to contain their anger and remain objective in the future, then there is no reason to discuss this.

Just stop antagonising people and be constructive.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This just really needs to stop. Literally nothing good is coming from the drama-filled argument. It’s not even entertaining, just annoying and pointless.

No one’s entirely right and everyone is biased. I think now would be a pretty good time to admit that and just stop posting because at this point I’m pretty sure both of our guilds’ images aren’t improving in the least bit from it.

Posted by: Dro.1047

Dro.1047

Posted by: Aleksandar.1364

Aleksandar.1364

Member of Keep Running [Kr]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Haha… alright I stand corrected. I made the mistake of commenting like I spoke for everyone or something. Clearly, Goku and Draglek and possibly many others find it funny.

Noobs. Hai o/

Card.9704

Sick. I kinda want to know who I’m e-dating, I’m sure they’d like to know too.

(edited by Card.9704)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Could you explain how do you know better than I how often I was contacted about the rules?

I have a pretty good idea. Since they asked me the same questions before each tournament and when DnT was hosting the records. Each time my answer was “Ask Cookie” or “Ask Ravi” or “Ask Weth.” So yeah, I have a pretty good idea of how many questions you got.

If you know people have been confused about the rules then why are we having this discussion?

Also I would like to hear why would I create pointless polls on purpose when it just wastes my time?

What’s pointless or meaningful to different people is different. For all I know you enjoy the work and having something to tinker with entertains you.

Just FYI, I got lots of free time projects, and each one of them is more fun than this.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

Birdy Birdy,
In the sky,
What you doing in my eye,
It tastes like sugar,
It feels Like soup,
Oh My God,
Its birdy poop.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

No one’s entirely right and everyone is biased. I think now would be a pretty good time to admit that and just stop posting because at this point I’m pretty sure both of our guilds’ images aren’t improving in the least bit from it.

Not to mention the apparent lack of understanding of each others argument, or perhaps the deliberate refusal to understand

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

NikeEU.7690

If you know people have been confused about the rules then why are we having this discussion?

[/quote]

FWIW, I, and presumably you, could have easily answered all the questions for them based on the rules as they existed as a permissive ruleset but I didn’t feel it was appropriate since I wasn’t a rules admin or record approver. So I just sent them along.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt