Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

This is a complaint and protest about the “unwritten” nerf to dungeon loot drop rates. I saw “unwritten” because I do not recall (and please correct me if I’m mistaken) any notes on the recent patch saying that drop rates are being lowered.

I am not referring to the “one chest a day” nonsense, but the fact that dungones do not provide any loot at all anymore! I would also like to take this opportunity to note my protest and dislike for the “one chest a day” restriction.

With regards to dungeon loot, I am finding that there are almost NO rare drops at all. For example, before the April 15th nerf/patch I was getting at least 2-5 rares per dungeon run, and my bags would be almost full with blues/greens that I could salvage for mats and essences. However, after the April 15th nerf/patch I am getting ONLY blues from dungeons with maybe 1-2 greens at the most with a total of less than 10 items per run!! This is at least 1/3 less than before!

Is this going to be looked at or is this hidden nerf permanent?

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

It’s RNG… bad luck

Also known as Liahm Lee

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Rentapest.6503

It’s RNG… bad luck

No it’s not RnG, it’s a considerable reduction in drop chances. Everyone in my guild that I’ve asked about this has shared teh same opinion and also noticed a significant reduction in dungeon loot.

But, on the positive side I’m not having to use “Mystic Salvage Kit” which means no need to buy Mystic Forgestones from the gem store, thus saving me money.

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You buy Mystic Forge Stones?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is why stealth nerfs are so bad. Because there have been stealth nerfs in the past, people will always suspect they exist every patch.

Not sure why Anet can’t just be straightforward — the trust of your customers is probably more important than hiding a nerf that people are going to discover anyway.

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Rentapest.6503

I’m reluctant to post this because A-Net will likely realise there’s something they overlooked and nerf this, but Fractals are still dropping loot as they used to!

For arguments sake lets say that a full fractal run is equivalent to a single EXP dungeon path ok? With the same amount of bosses and chests/loot.

I just completed a full fractal run, and a run in SE P3. Here are the results of the loot…

Fractal:
White/Common – 0
Blue/Uncommon – 9
Green/Masterwork – 14
Yellow/Rare – 3
Orange/Exotic – 1
Pink/Ascended – 1 (Ignore this, since it’s irrelevant for dungeon and only here to show high MF chance)

Dungeon:
White/Common – 1
Blue/Uncommon – 12
Green/Masterwork – 7
Yellow/Rare – 0
Orange/Exotic – 0

Now I certainly do not get an exotic item every time, so that is also kinda irrelevant. However, I used to get AT LEAST one rare per dungeon without failure! I am yet to receive a rare in a dungeon since the nerf.

This is not RnG bad luck, this is a clear and blatant nerf!!! It’s not like I’ve done one dungeon and gone “omg QQ no loot”. I have run multiple dungeons since the patch.

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

The loot dungeon chests now contain feels like we’re back at launch day. first they worked their kitten up to improve the loot etc now they just take it all away… sooooooooooo

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Well if they dont like handing out gold perhaps the drop rate for recipes could be increased. I’m an a.c. running freak and I’ve gotten one recipe drop after over a thousand hours in there. Common kitten horrible loot.

Dungeon Loot - Complaint

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Fractal chest are supposed to be a bit better than your normal dungeons at higher fractal levels (in theory) since it will take longer than say a normal dungeon. Each fractal will have 1 end chest so that is like 3 + final boss chest whereas normal dungeons you hit like 2-3 chest per run that take very little time.