Dungeon Master Title - It's been a long journey!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Me (Lilyfay) and three of the people in my steady dungeon team have just received the Dungeon Master title! I’m so happy I just wanted to share it with all of you.

It’s been one heck of a journey, sometimes frustrating, sometimes it made us want to cry but we stuck with it and got there in the end. We’ve had so much fun overall working together, figuring out how to beat all the encounters.

So for those people who are struggling with the dungeons, It is possible to do all of it. Don’t get discouraged. Find yourself a good bunch of people you can have a laugh with and who are patient enough to work through the fights (Even if it takes hours). Don’t settle for PuG’s because you ruin half the fun from doing the content (The company of good friends).

If you ever need any advice in regards to any encounter feel free to whisper me in game and I’ll do what I can to help you out.

As for the Dev’s thank you for the amazing content. The beautiful atmospheric views, Some awesome boss fights (Kholer, Subject Alpha, Giganticus Lupicus, Alphard etc.) also the silly stuff and jokes (Ooze boss, Turkeys, Pillows fights in Caudecus’ Manor). Can’t wait to try new dungeons hopefully in a new content patch in the near future (hint hint)

Of course just wanted to say thank you to the people who helped me get there especially those who were with me most of the way. Vraex Bloodclaw, Serojoal, Xanthiel Novareil, Leferath, Helansin Garanik and many more. You’re all still nabs to me but I love you all

Attachments:

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Grats!

I’m currently working in that myself. I just need two more paths in CoF and three more Arah and I should have it. On the other hand, one of my guildies earned this title as well last night (though he does pug more than I do). If you can tolerate the random actions of pugs, then go nuts— more power to you if you can complete the content with randoms. Sidenote, a few guildless randoms that we did pick up eventually became part of my guild. If you stick it through and never give up when partying up with randoms, then that could be a key for attracting membership to your guild. I do find it quite interesting.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Just need to do seer path for mine.

probably gonna go back there soon with my guild leader and some PuGs (I love my guildies, but a DPS check boss really needs more than just rares and mithril accessories)

Also for those struggling with dungeons, pretty much everything is PuGable. Indeed, you may find players that are looking for specific paths are usually those going for this title, and thus are reasonably skilled anyway. I know the group I found for jotun first tried Lupicus in about 10 minutes, even with 1 person dying and running back (their first time in arah)

Dont be afraid to PuG something out if it seems like you cant get your guildies/friends for it.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Congrats, it’s a pretty cool title. Certainly nicer than combat healer.xD

Don’t settle for PuG’s because you ruin half the fun from doing the content (The company of good friends).

Nice and all, but what if you have friends who aren’t into dungeons, and have a guild that doesn’t want to do the difficult paths?
…yeah…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Fay.2735

Congrats, it’s a pretty cool title. Certainly nicer than combat healer.xD

Don’t settle for PuG’s because you ruin half the fun from doing the content (The company of good friends).

Nice and all, but what if you have friends who aren’t into dungeons, and have a guild that doesn’t want to do the difficult paths?
…yeah…

Awww Surely there are plenty of people who want to do explorables? I know that there are many in my guild alone. You’d have to meet new people outside your friend/guild circle.

Perhaps while you’re doing pugs and standing around in a city try to engage with people around you. I feel like people have such a bad habit from ‘real life’ where they create a bubble around themselves in regards to strangers and stick to polite responses. Unless they are in a guild with you.

But you’d be surprised how many nice people are around if you actually try to talk to them and show interest. Of course it also means you are more likely to run into not so nice people but I generally find it easy/quick to see which category a person falls in.

I felt the entire dungeon journey was a journey of bonding with my guild members and it truly enriched the experience for me (And I’m pretty sure they had more fun as well). You talk about all sorts of things in between fights not just tactics.

Where as with PuG’s sure most things are doable if you are lucky to get a good one but when I do pug it always appears to me as if nobody really talks or there’s someone who suddenly thinks it acceptable to treat people badly because of it being a pug.

Not to mention that you don’t learn each others playstyles well and communication/coordination can be pretty abysmal. When you do a lot of dungeons with the same people regularly you all settle into different roles, you learn each others strengths/weaknesses and assign people to tasks according to what they are best at.

That’s why I said don’t settle for PuG’s yes they are doable but they make the journey generally more frustrating and less enriching. That’s why I would recommend to anyone to try to find several good people who like explorables just as much. Then to really make the effort to get a steady group going.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

After slogging through a seer (3 ele, 1 mesmer 1 necromancer party comp <.<) I am now a fully fledged dungeon master

woooo

Fay.2735

After slogging through a seer (3 ele, 1 mesmer 1 necromancer party comp <.<) I am now a fully fledged dungeon master

woooo

Grats ‘high five’ well not so high seeing as I’m an Asura :/

(edited by Fay.2735)

Milennin.4825

I felt the entire dungeon journey was a journey of bonding with my guild members and it truly enriched the experience for me (And I’m pretty sure they had more fun as well). You talk about all sorts of things in between fights not just tactics.

Not to mention that you don’t learn each others playstyles well and communication/coordination can be pretty abysmal. When you do a lot of dungeons with the same people regularly you all settle into different roles, you learn each others strengths/weaknesses and assign people to tasks according to what they are best at.

The way I see it is that PUGs make each dungeon run unique. You don’t know what you’re getting. And sometimes you get a bad group, but sometimes you get an amazing group. I’d think that if I always only did dungeons with the same people over again, you’d fall into a routine and it wouldn’t feel interesting to do anymore.
On the other hand, it would be nice to have a group of people you can rely on, and to do everything the game has to offer together with. Both sides have their special ways.

Posted by: spoonybard.5612

spoonybard.5612

Congratulations on the title! I agree a mix of both have kept dungeons interesting. With PUGs you never know what you’re getting and you also get to experience what different classes bring to the table in dungeons. In addition, you get to see what your class can do since you sometimes need to change your playstyle to compliment your new group members. With a consistent team you developed a synergy with each other that only get more refined the more dungeons you play. Which is very helpful if you are token farming, makes the runs go faster.

Just need Forgotten path in Arah for the title, hopefully I’ll get it today.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Congrats! My group and I are on the same path towards that goal as well. We’re just helping everyone grab their desired dungeon items first and then we will focus on the title.

Organized teams ftw!

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Congratulations , that is sure to have taken a lot of work.

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

Grats on your title i just got mine tonight along with Zenyatoo been a pain and don’t think i’ll be doing jotan or seer anytime soon

Posted by: Scyte.2801

Scyte.2801

Hello Simin T_T It’s so difficult to get a team scheduled up to actually go and kill that kitten. This is really the one and only path to stand in my way of the Dungeon Master achievement. But oh well, soon we’ll have it done.

Btw, what’s the deal with the Hobby Dungeon Explorer title? What’s required for that?

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Congrats!

I’ve got a few left before I nab the title as well, mainly due to dragon explore paths… but I imagine I’ll get those when I get some vacation time! (Never gonna happen!)

Milennin.4825

Hello Simin T_T It’s so difficult to get a team scheduled up to actually go and kill that kitten. This is really the one and only path to stand in my way of the Dungeon Master achievement. But oh well, soon we’ll have it done.

Btw, what’s the deal with the Hobby Dungeon Explorer title? What’s required for that?

It’s a repeatable achievement after Dungeon Master. Kinda like the salvage achievement you can get over again.
And yes, Simin is the biggest kitten in this game…-__- Good luck with her.

Fay.2735

Congrats!

I’ve got a few left before I nab the title as well, mainly due to dragon explore paths… but I imagine I’ll get those when I get some vacation time! (Never gonna happen!)

Thank you! Let me know if you need a Mesmer :P What profession do you play any way?

It’s hard in a steady team to find time where all 5 people are available. That’s why the gate being closed all the time is such a major issue. Luckily we were able to get into Arah because Helansin transferred to Underworld (From our own realm Desolation) where the gate isn’t bugged and so we were able to complete the dungeon this weekend. Via the Cross-realm dungeon function.

As for Hobby Dungeon Master as the above person mentioned it’s not actually a Title but rather a repeatable achievement for more points. See below picture I took where you can see what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/jnlD6.jpg

Fay.2735

Some people have been whispering me for advice, Don’t be afraid to do so by the way. I’m more than happy to help with any tips on all encounters (although I don’t endorse exploits). If I’m not online send me a mail or PM me on the forums and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

I’m also a Mesmer so if you need any advice in dungeons as a Mesmer or any help at all in regards to Mesmers also feel free to whisper me (Unless it’s PvP related).

Me and some of my guildies have also started work on dungeon guides from our perspective. Once I’ve written several I’ll announce it for everyone to use for tips. I’ll be putting a lot of Mesmer tips with them as I know Mesmers are having a tough time in PvE settings.

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: Alymos.5643

Alymos.5643

well i am dungeonmaster a few days already and i have 1 big problem

a friend of mine got his dungeonmaster with me and after around 10 diffrent dungeons he had 3 points in hobby dungeonmaster and i have 0 … the next bug incoming?

or is it only me

Posted by: Jaumsio.2173

Jaumsio.2173

I just managed to finish Arah Path 4, and with that the titel of Dungeon Master.
It was a long way but a funny (if you count raging numerous times at bosses that resets it would be not just funny but really awesome).
I did all the way with random people I meet at the entrances as I had no real dungeon group or guild. But that way I was forced to get to know many other players, and quite some of them made their way into my friend list.

Arah Path 4 was actually really awesome with the our group (1 Warrior, 1 Guardian, 1 Elementarist, 1 Engineer and me as Necromancer). We just met at the entrance, for one it was the first Arah run ever, 2 other had only made Path 3 before and the Engineer tried it the 2nd time like me, after giving up with another group at the certain boss we all love (or hate, depends on you I guess).
it was funny and we did not get wiped out once and ran it trough smoothly.

Now I´ll have the time to play the Dungeons again, and maybe I´ll even watch the Cut-scenes this time :-)

Cheers Jaumsio

Fay.2735

well i am dungeonmaster a few days already and i have 1 big problem

a friend of mine got his dungeonmaster with me and after around 10 diffrent dungeons he had 3 points in hobby dungeonmaster and i have 0 … the next bug incoming?

or is it only me

I actually seem to be having the same problem. There’s no progression so far and I’ve done several different dungeons. Maybe you’re meant to complete all paths in a dungeon before progress shows?

Posted by: Scyte.2801

Scyte.2801

http://i.imgur.com/VXniQ.jpg

Finally got it myself

Fay.2735

http://i.imgur.com/VXniQ.jpg

Finally got it myself

Well done! Congrats

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Anet should make it so player titles are easier to see without selecting a player! Perhaps over/under the players name above the player avatar!

Congrats;) Welcome to the Dungeon Master Club:P

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

Congratz!

Btw how do you get this title? heh

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Fay.2735

Congratz!

Btw how do you get this title? heh

You get it when you complete all dungeons on all paths, both story mode and explorable.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Anet should make it so player titles are easier to see without selecting a player! Perhaps over/under the players name above the player avatar!

Like the star of map completition? Would be nice, agree

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Fay.2735

That would be a nice idea, I mean if they don’t intend on putting titles under/above names then perhaps have a different emblem depending on certain major achievements.

One for a PvP rank, one for world completion and one for Dungeon Master

Posted by: Razk.3781

Razk.3781

Just wanna confirm that every dungeon in this game is PuG-able!
I just got mine yesterday and all of them are with random people! I’ve to do it all by myself since my friends are not interested in doing dungeons and the 2 guilds that i join transfer away for WvW reasons.
Sometimes, it helps to check that everyone in your group has higher achievement points like those with 1500-2000 and above, since it shows that these people have played the game for quite a bit and should know their class pretty well.

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I liked them being visible on mouse hover in GW1. Was kind of disappointed when I realized you had to target people to see them here.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

Nice and grats, I was hoping to get it myself a lot earlier, but seeing the time that some Arah paths might take and the fact that the gate has been bugged so often it got delayed over and over again.

At the moment I only have p4 left from Arah.

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

Ye this should be added to it.

Posted by: Hanzlo.3148

Hanzlo.3148

Gz to all! I just need to finish last Arah path and my title is here.

And about that Achievement points, i think its just sad that you get same amount of points for completing some 5 mins puzzle and completing all of the dungeons.
Thats just not right

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.Live and die on this day.
Gunnar’s Hold – [ACID]

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

I finally managed to get my title as well with Simin finally biting the dust after doing the dps while in stealth way.

As for the achievement points only being 10, I dont care about that since I heared about a person getting 10k+ achievement points just by salvaging cheap crap of the trading post over and over for 5 achievement points each 200. Makes them seem a whole lot less significant.