Dungeon Order

Dungeon Order

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Spider Bro Jenkins.2780

Spider Bro Jenkins.2780

I apologize if this has been asked before, and if it has been discussed extensively, please link the thread to me. Anyway, I was wondering what order was recommended for explore mode dungeons. So far I’ve finished all of Twilight Arbor in explore mode and found that relatively easy (once I got a handle of the mechanics). I’ve also done AC path 3 about a week ago. I found this dungeon difficult (had to take advantage of terrain to survive) but doable.

So what dungeons should I try next in order of easiest to most difficult?

Dungeon Order

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

Path 1 of CoF is really easy if you have someone with you who knows how to speed through it and doesn’t mind explaining that aspect to you. My guild group finds the Asura path of CM really easy for us.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Dungeon Order

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

How hard dungeons are usually depends on teams aswell, CM can really be made a lot easier with guardians or mesmers because of their reflect.
Nontheless, I would say that in order of difficulty, we’re looking at:

1. CoF (p3 is only annoying, not necessarily hard)
2. CM ( with aid of mesmers/ guardians can be simplified)
3. TA
4. HoTW ( didnt seem like much of a big deal to me)
5. CoE( subject alpha has been made easier, most paths should be ok)
6. AC ( getting a lot of difficulty comments since patch)
7. SE ( don’t know much about it, but without relfects can be a real pain)
8. Arah ( considering Lupi is on every path, groups tend to consider it the hardest one)

FoTM is difficulty scaling based so cant really be easily put in a ranking.
again, I dont know much of SE, so dont count on it.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Dungeon Order

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Could you please write the acronyms in full, I can’t really know what many of those are. :/ sorry.

Dungeon Order

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Acronyms in full:
Citadel of Flame
Caudecus’s Manor
Twilight Arbor
Honor of the Waves
Crucible of Eternity
Ascalonian Catacombs
Sorrow’s Embrace
The Ruined City of Arah

Dungeon Order

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

CoF is the easiest. TA, HotW and SE, are probably on a middle tier of difficulty. CM and CoE are more painful. Arah is the hardest. The new AC will probably sit in the middle tier of difficulty once people know the tactics.

Dungeon Order

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

If you want to be a better player, select dungeons , paths & groups w/o skipping boss & hard contents. Reason: If you get used w/ skipping before learning how to fight properly, you will end up as a lousy player even though you wear full exotic gears. So here is my list of dungeons in order that you still can find plenty of people to do it to train yourself

AC Kholer, cave troll is very good for starter
COF P2 is good at defending Mag’s event ( P3 is good too but it’s hard to find group)
CM all paths are good so you know how to deal w/ bad mobs
… when you get to these dungeons, consider yourself as good at fighting
COE (Alpha)
Arah (Lupi)

Then go ahead, skip as much as you like.

On the other hand, COF P1 until Anet decides to fix that.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Dungeon Order

Posted by: Daelwyn.3967

Daelwyn.3967

Sorrow’s Embrace (SE) paths 1 and 3 are really easy. Just on path 1 make sure you avoid the sand piles before the golems or else you will asplode.

I really like SE – it needs more love.

LvL 80 Elementalist
[TGM]A Guild for Clearing Dungeon Trash
Mail: Daelwyn.3967 for invite

Dungeon Order

Posted by: Spider Bro Jenkins.2780

Spider Bro Jenkins.2780

Thanks for the info guys! As I suspected, the dungeon order is out of whack as AC seems significantly harder (to me, matter of opinion) then other higher level dungeons. I’ll probably either finish AC or tackle CoF next.

Dungeon Order

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I agree with an earlier poster that when you’re learning dungeons, you should do it with groups that are not going to skip. Skipping when dungeons are new is a recipe for faceplanting multiple times, not learning the skills you need for higher level dungeons, and having no fun.

Here’s my suggestions:
Citadel of Flame – by far the easiest dungeon.
Twilight Arbor – more difficult for squishier characters, but still easy with a group that will teach you.
Ascalonian Catacombs – despite people hitting some growing pains, this dungeon isn’t overly difficult and is a good learning dungeon.
Sorrow’s Embrace – Path 1 is enjoyable. Path 3 will teach the value of terrain. Path 2 will teach you that some paths are too long.
Honor of the Waves – A longer dungeon, but enjoyable.
Caudicus’ Manor – Swarms of silvers. Everywhere. I find this dungeon to be a chore.
Crucible of Enternity – This dungeon can be fun, but certain obsticles can be punishing. People who haven’t learned the timing on dodging Subject Alpha’s attacks will drag out those fights.
Arah – I’ve still not completed all the paths, in part because of the bugs on Simin. Lupy is a fun but difficult fight. Your first time on any of these paths will probably take about 3 hours. It’s quite an investment.

I really like SE – it needs more love.

People don’t like Sorrow’s Embrace because they remember P2 being such a pain in the kitten. Also, you know, Dredge.

Dungeon Order

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

CoF 1/2
SE 1/3
TA Up, Fwd Fwd
CoE 1/2/3
Arah 3/2
FotM

Thats my daily list pretty much.