Dungeon Patch Discussion 9/25

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

I mean the cold hard truth is that people need to just suck it up. This goes for casual players and the hardcore alike.

“I got kicked from my group! Whaaaaa no rewards!”

Suck it up. Form an organized group. Can’t? Suck it up. Find another group. The rewards are at the end so if you get kicked before the end you can try again with no harm to your rewards (provided they aren’t bugged).

“Whaaaaa this is too hard!”

And for me it’s just fine. Or maybe for him it’s too easy. It’s all subjective. Unless you can provide an actual reason for why it’s too hard (bug, design flaw, etc) I suggest you play better. Maybe with an organized group.

None available?

Then try again and hope for the best. Oh, and suck it up.

What we’re seeing here is a good ol’ fashioned weening. The crybabies will be out before New Years.

Posted by: Roll.6329

Roll.6329

Casual players obviously have all the time in the world to spend hours in an instance only to not finish it. Good attitude you have there.

Posted by: Dark Sentry.1270

Dark Sentry.1270

Been following this thread and here’s my thoughts. Dungeons are still not rewarding enough. The amount of time needed to complete a set is still very/too high.

• Giving all the tokens at the end of the dungeon is bad and exploitable.
    -Change it to 3 tokens for the first boss, 6 for the second boss, 9 for the 3rd boss, and 12 for the last boss. That’s 30 tokens for the dungeon. Then add the daily bonus at the end for another 30 tokens and 26 silver. If they want to repeat it again that day cut only the bonus to 5 tokens and 10 silver for all subsequent runs of that path. Don’t reduce these numbers further.
    -People can kick you and invite their friends to get all the end tokens. You’re left with nothing.
  • You want people to run the non-optimal paths.
    -Add in another one time only bonus of an extra 70 tokens for the first time ever completing a new path. This way people are encouraged to do a new path because they will get 100 tokens as the bonus.
  • Dungeons are the high end content. Yet, people are doing them in blues/greens/yellows and using them to gear up. Then, complaining they are too hard. The CoF set is the “noob gear” because path 2 is/was so easily farmed.
    -Here the problem is that crafted exotic armor is still too expensive for new level 80s and people are having trouble making the money needed to buy a set when they hit 80. They want to gear up in exotics and so the CoF runs are the easiest way to achieve this. What needs to happen is to have the materials required for crafted gear be more frequent and thus lower in price. The crafted armor should be the “noob gear” and then the dungeon sets will get the prestige they deserve.

(edited by Dark Sentry.1270)

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Now to slightly elaborate on this and because I was running out of space I’ll add in,

Your issue is that you don’t actually want to play the game, or to a point you do and then you can’t be bothered, that’s fine, no one is holding a gun to your head, but the tradeoff to that is that you don’t reap the reward of playing that part of the game.
Yes you paid for the game, but should that mean they unlock everything for you? it seems more like it’s akin in attitude to me buying a catalogue, but being illiterate, then complaining that I can’t use said catalogue the way it was intended and thus there should be no writing in it and only pictures. Another odd analogy, but heck you did imply that a video game was like a burger so you’re content and consumerist driven in your ideals so it probably works best for you to allude to ARGOS and Maccy d’s etc,

But what is the DANGER to other players from this greedy entitled consumption and expectation? well their games end up in the crapper, yes… they do, they take the natural state of games the reward and challenge, and dilute them until all that’s left is a feeling that there is no point for anyone to do anything but the level of play that the entitled gamers that you seem to represent well as a demographic have led the game to.

LFR, the gear makes firelands, which was a real raid and didn’t have a “looking for” feature (with cross server mishaps and no accountability which is another issue)
completely and utter obsolete, so they have to justify creating the content development wise, and then to please the entitled consume and complain gamers they have to create new content that’s “easily accessable” is completely and utterly “idiot proof” and rewards gear so good that it defecates all over the content raiders were actively raiding, good, bad AND casual in terms of itemisation, thus no one runs the content anymore and that development cost is now far less justified.
And what is the general consensus of the LFR tool that is added to bring raiding to those that would complain otherwise that they might never see what they paid for or more so “experience it” without putting in any effort?

It’s too easy, it’s too boring, and no one takes it seriously and just trolls it.
BUT, it’s also offering goodies so useful with set bonus interchangeability that people feel it’s too good a extra loot button to push, due to it not also sharing a lockout with regular raiding instances.

It was the height of pandering (haha sorry nearly a pun there) to the players that want the entertainment of an mmo and video game, but also don’t want to put in more effort than “hit button now to not lose”

IT.IS.A.DISGRACE.

Irony…. xD

Hellkaiser.6025

Casual players obviously have all the time in the world to spend hours in an instance only to not finish it. Good attitude you have there.

I agree that story mode needs a much gentler introductory curve, but if we’re talking explorable mode, then honestly it’s not actually intended to be “casual” content there is PLENTY of things you can do that are “casual” friendly, and the term casual here is interchangeable, I’m a “casual” player at times, and uber dedicated at other times, you can drop in and out of a lot of activities with no penalty and still some reward at times, dungeons however will require a little time management on your part.

Is that so hard to accomplish? :S

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Keileia.4832

Keileia.4832

How about get a working diminishing returns system before daring to say anything about diminishing returns.

Posted by: Blitz.5367

Blitz.5367

With the newest dungeon update I feel as if many concerns I had about dungeons still remain unaddressed. If someone could help explain some of these to me then mybe I’ll have a better undersstanding of why they designed the dungeons the way they did.

1. “Trash mobs” in dungeons are at times more difficult then the bosses. The best example I can think of is in Arah risen mages, elementalists and hunters are often much more difficult then the first 2 bosses of the forgotten path.

2. Despite getting rid of the holy trinity dungeons still feel like they require specific professions ike the gurdian who’s healing and tankyness are a must. While other profs feel like an after thought in dungeons. (Maybe I’m playing the necro wrong, curse necro, but compared to the guardian I feel much less useful). Does this mean I should make a lvl 80 guardian to farm Arah tokens for my necro? That just makes no sense to me why I can’t get tokens with the profession I want to use the tokens for. Even your update says tokens are now account bound so you can farm tokens with one character for another.

3. Dungeon rewards feel undervalued vs the difficulty required to get them. I can get blues and greens much easier by farming events with magic find then trying to complete a dungeon.

4. Dungeon’s of lower level allow the purchase of lvl 80 gear with their tokens despite that Arah is a more difficult dungeon vs CoF. In Arah mobs and bosses are lvl 80+ with those in the dungeon sporting lvl 80 gear and such vs a lower lvl dungeon like CoF where yes your lvl is downscaled however you still bring in your higher lvl gear, full trait trees and all skills you want unlocked.

5. Time required to complete paths is disparingly different. Most Arah paths I’ve found take nywhere between 2-5 hrs depending on group and path length while I’ve been reading people doing under 30min CoF runs. The time commitment seems disproportiant to the rewards.

Again I’m not saying dungeons are to hard just that I am confused on some of tnere design decisions.

Posted by: Roll.6329

Roll.6329

I never said instances should be easier, I only stated that you should be rewarded for your progress throughout the instance, as well as at the end because things do happen that you cannot always control, even in statics. Who really wants to waste their time and money when there’s literally no reward. Like Dark Sentry said, even 3/6/9 token per boss is fine, at least if you fail several times you’re still working towards gear to get better.

(edited by Roll.6329)

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

Perhaps the DR system wouldn’t feel so bad if the code actually worked. People are getting hit by DR penalty even doing their first dungeon run in the past 1-10 days. Alto the DR isn’t reset when you do different paths.

Even if the DR system is void of bugs, I only see people running between two paths of two different dungeons continuously.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

@ Dark Sentry

I like how you call the CoF gear the noob gear, because IMO its the only gear that looks even remotely decent

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

Giving out tokens at the end of the dungeon creates a multitude of bigger issues. A l ot of times people disconnect from the game and can’t get back into the same instance as their parties. Also, sometimes, the entire team needs to restart the dungeon due to disconnect bugs etc. And there’s also the case someone mentioned before about how players can kick you at any time to let their friends get your tokens.

Yes it is completely unbalanced how the difficulty varies per dungeon and yet the rewards are somewhat same.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Solaria.8049

Solaria.8049

Not complaining here, just giving my 2 cents.

Did two runs of CoF today, got 60 for the first, 20 for the second, others in my group got anywhere from 45-10 tokens who hadn’t done it that day.

Tried doing the other paths because of the reward bonus, wasn’t really able, as for the second path, I really do think the kiting event should be changed, I know it’s been said before but the whole corpse run zerging just seems silly, some people say they’ve killed all the mobs, and I suppose that’s possible with a very well put together group with a lot of burst while having maybe a guardian for defense and healing, I don’t know, the spawns are just so fast with high (unavoidable) damage once you run out of endurance to dodge the dozens of attacks coming at you and countless knock downs etc, anyway what i’m saying here is I don’t feel like this was your original intention with your design, maybe if you just spaced out the spawns so people had more time to down each pack before the next one came up it would be a lot better?

As far as the rewards go, I get what people are saying about having to leave and getting no tokens or getting kicked out of a dungeon so someones friend can come in and take the end bonus, this promotes only doing things with friends or guildies and kind of takes away from the whole philosophy I thought Anet was going for with making players enjoy helping each other and playing with other people they don’t know with the whole downed state and no mob tagging and such.

I however do not believe you should get a piece of the dungeon set from chests, especially not to sell, while I don’t want a grind that just seems a bit over the top, everyone could potentially have their sets in a day based on RNG and then what would you do if you PvE’d only (cause some people do)? I personally do it all, sPvP, WvW, map completion, events, pve, jumping puzzles.. and i’d still rather not have there be no work involved in getting my set, however I do think the chests could atleast give gear that is your level, and maybe greens and yellows instead of just a stream of blues that are 10 levels below me and 1 copper (lol, the copper reward made me laugh today).

Again, not a whine, just my thoughts, I was definitely one of the people excited for this patch when I read the notes it made me want to start trying for my set again. So, all in all good try, fix some bugs, polish it up and it will be good, and maybe consider some of the less over-the-top suggestions in this thread, some that I read were really good.

Posted by: Ashane.3520

Ashane.3520

The best thing I can say is.. you guys are completely clueless honestly.

Rewarding players at the end is a setup for complete and utter failure.

Players work hard to progress, and your telling them unless they do it all they get zero reward. No. Just no.

Please hire some new dungeon developers. Preferably with actual experience doing MMO dungeons.. that would be fantastic.

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

Well lets see five guildies go into AC explorable for the first time after patch today

Patch notes say 180 tokens for first trip through all 3 explorable’s

Two guildies get 105 for the first two
One gets as advertised 120 for the two
One gets the royal shaft up the rear and gets a total of 75 for the runs

And we all know that the three whom got shafted will never recieve the proper tokens from Anet not in this lifetime anyways

Posted by: Eli Krey.5368

Eli Krey.5368

IGN: Eli Krey

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Ascalonian Catacombs:

Path 2 = Over 1 hour / First time for the day = 45 Tokens only

Path 3 = Over 1 hour / First time for the day = 30 Tokens Only

All of my party members got 60 Tokens on both paths

so can someone explain me whats going on?!!

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Honestly, when the average has multiplied by almost a factor 10 times the amount tokens you could earn before… How are people still finding ways to complain? (Not talking about the Bug here)

Before a full set would probably take you months. I bet you can get in a week now…

If anything i know Anet is doing what it should for the majority… but now its not going to be special. If anything that’s what i’m a little ticked about…

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

Posted by: Prometeus.6514

Prometeus.6514

There seems to be a large disconnect between the developers and the playerbase. Your dungeons are unbelievably difficult. This, from a player who was in some top World of Warcraft guilds.

As an FYI, most people did not have the situational awareness to move out of Doan’s room in the Scarlet Monastery when he SCREAMED “Burn in Righteous Fire”, even when told to do so. They just sat there and took the damage.

Your mobs and bosses need to telegraph their abilities in a much more obvious way. I am not a first person shooter player, I’m a mmorpg player.

For the most part, if I concentrate on trying to discern when a mob will do a special attack so I can dodge it and not get one shot, the following things will happen:
1)I will ignore my own health and die 90% of the time
2)I will ignore other mobs if they’re present
3)I will ignore my team-mates’ positioning and combat situation.

Some random, barely discernable red circles on the ground (all of which look the same for all abilities – come on, put some work into it and make them all unqiue and much more obvious) are not going to work.

Most of the time I’m just running around like a chicken with its head cut off, just desperately trying to survive. Combo fields? I have never ever even seen one, in the mess that is combat. Between special effects from players’ spells and abilities and trying to avoid getting 2 shot by just about every trash mob, I simply don’t have cognitive ability to concentrate on that many things at once.
Just watching my abilities cooldown and moving around is hard enough.

If this all sounds terrible, know that the average player does much, much worse than I do. Yes, there are those amazing geniuses able to multitask and pay attention to twenty different things in a second, while thinking ten moves ahead. They are a very small minority.

I say goodbye to PVE for now, until your come back to reality and adjust the difficulty of the game to match the ability of those who play it.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

It’s GW1 all over again. ArenaNets futile war on a playerbase that has again and again and again outsmarted them in terms of farming. If they are gonna play it like they did in GW1, ArenaNet won’t listen to the community when taking decisions about farming. Anyone who spent more than 10 hours speedclearing the Underworld in GW1 could list 5 potential nerfs that would completely eliminate it, without harming regular players. Despite this, they handled the issue behind closed doors, resulting in 7 or so nerfs to speedclearing which didn’t serve any purpose at all, but to make the dungeons near impossible to casual players. The aftermath? Skilled players farm all the same while casuals get punished into quitting the game.

For years we sucked it up ArenaNet, because the only people still playing dungeons in GW1 actually enjoyed your little nerfs, as it forced a new meta game and these were always fun to develop and learn. However, now you got millions of casual players who only want to enjoy the game, something you are currently preventing them from doing. I’m no management consultant but alienating a massive portion of your playerbase just doesn’t sound good to me.

If you actually want to be successful, START LISTENING TO YOUR PLAYERS. Is it fun™ (?) not being able to do what you like in GW2 because the developers don’t feel you are enjoying the game the way you should? Let me tell you one thing: What I do in a game I do because I enjoy it. In this case I am your customer. You should cater to what I enjoy! Not what your idea of the ideal game is.

I really hoped you wouldn’t go down this route with GW2, but it seems you did. Your talk about skill being a determinant for success in GW2 seems like a big fat lie at this point. You actually get punished for it now (first game I have ever seen that does this).

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Prometeus.6514

Prometeus.6514

I mean the cold hard truth is that people need to just suck it up. This goes for casual players and the hardcore alike.

“I got kicked from my group! Whaaaaa no rewards!”

Suck it up. Form an organized group. Can’t? Suck it up. Find another group. The rewards are at the end so if you get kicked before the end you can try again with no harm to your rewards (provided they aren’t bugged).

“Whaaaaa this is too hard!”

And for me it’s just fine. Or maybe for him it’s too easy. It’s all subjective. Unless you can provide an actual reason for why it’s too hard (bug, design flaw, etc) I suggest you play better. Maybe with an organized group.

None available?

Then try again and hope for the best. Oh, and suck it up.

What we’re seeing here is a good ol’ fashioned weening. The crybabies will be out before New Years.

Exactly. They will not “suck it up”; they will quit and go play another game. If this is really what you want, or if you think this is what ArenaNet wants, think again.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

All i just saw for past 2 days was .. Arah 2 bosses speed farming tokens.
- This is not why i am playing guild wars .. armor from explorer dungeons are ment to be prestigue, when someone has it, Everyone should know hes skilled and did spend a lot of time doing hard dungeon. Not someone who just repeated 2 first bosses, reset … etc

This patch was the best patch for past few weeks, stop complaining already. Those who are good and skilled already cleared arah and other dungeons on explorable mode and those who cry becuase they cant complete it, they dont deserve to. Learn your class, build proper builds and stop whining.

You guys just want all served on silver plato for free. Not going to happen in guild wars.

bye

Gab Superstar.4059

- This is not why i am playing guild wars .. armor from explorer dungeons are ment to be prestigue, when someone has it, Everyone should know hes skilled and did spend a lot of time doing hard dungeon. Not someone who just repeated 2 first bosses, reset … etc

This patch was the best patch for past few weeks, stop complaining already. Those who are good and skilled already cleared arah and other dungeons on explorable mode and those who cry becuase they cant complete it, they dont deserve to. Learn your class, build proper builds and stop whining.

You guys just want all served on silver plato for free. Not going to happen in guild wars.

bye

No… People cry because ArenaNet punishes them for being “good and skilled” by implementing DR on dungeon tokens.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

Ok, I’ve tried to be sane, sensible and respectful mostly. But the lack of response about what the hell we’re supposed to actually do has worn me down so…

<snark on>

Can someone official please tell us how we’re “supposed to be playing” the dungeons?

I think I get it, so I’ll take a stab:

1) Take a group of friends with voice chat so you can communicate.

1a) but it won’t actually help since there will be so much stuff going on that you can’t communicate what’s happening because you don’t understand it.

1b) but don’t worry, if you spend enough currency on repairs, you’ll eventually figure it out.

2) Yes, eventually you’ll figure it out, but be prepared to lose a lot of money on repairs learning the fights since the drop rates are so low that you will be at a negative until you straighten up and learn how you’re supposed to be playing.

3) Once you know the fights, be prepared to have an easily repeatable experience to do over and over again.

4) This is not a grind. It’s “experiencing the content.”

5) because the fights become easy once you know them, the token costs are high enough that even a skilled player must spend at least a week to get a dungeon set of armor assuming that’s basically all you do is grind that dungeon. It wouldn’t be fair to the content designers for you to spend less than a week of your life doing the same thing over and over again for the shiny at the end, now would it?

4 Yes, the last one was 5, but this is 4 again because that’s our philosophy) If your friends don’t happen to like that dungeon set… well, they’re stupid. So… I don’t know, give them real life money to join you or something. I’m just a developer. How am I supposed to guess what your friends want? Offer them cookies or wash their car. It’s not my problem. Or maybe you could promise to do stuff you don’t like over and again to help them if they help you. Sure, that’s it. That’s very fun and democratic. Everyone gets to spend at least twice as much time as they would to get what they want. That’s fun, right?

5. We like 5 so we did it again. If you don’t like 5, go play WoW) Never join a PUG. This content isn’t for everyone, it’s for truly skilled gamers, with unending patience and silver; people willing to work together without frustration or lives for dozens of hours at minimum – hundreds at worst since you can only get each dungeon’s items from that dungeon – to achieve the goal. That’s fun. You’ve been told. Don’t make us ban you for failure to have the required fun in the required way.

5. I said we liked 5. So much we’re going to do it over and over again, but it’s not a grind. It’s 5. The prettiest number of all) All of the above is subject to change without notice, and even with notice, the changes may not actually work as promised.

7 kitten 6. We hate 6. It’s like swinging a sword over and over and over again. We hate that, so we skipped it.) Don’t get disconnected or fail to finish a dungeon. That would suck since you’ll probably be negative in the money count if you do and get no tokens, but hey, it happens right?

8) Bots are bad; don’t be one. Honest players are fine, but we have to assume everyone is a bot, so get over it.

9 We don’t like 9 either, but it’s basically the complete opposite of six visually, so we kept it.) Dungeons are fine the way they are. We’re not changing the tuning at all. Unless we do. But we can’t talk about that because that would be a promise, even if it wasn’t, and promises are bad. Unless they are marketing materials that sell copies. M’kay?
0) This is not the game for you if you disagree. Just look around. At least 100 people have said so, so it must be true.

<snark off>

So, can someone official please let me know what we’re supposed to do/think/like?

I don’t care really, I just want to know if I should hang up my hat now, or wait for a few more patches before I even start to decide.

In the meant time (honestly), love the game. Just not sure it’s the one that will be here in a month…

Posted by: Gravei.8302

Gravei.8302

Yo…to the people saying stop whining……. maybe go into CoF and check for yourself about Token drops…… I spent 4 hrs today doing all 3 runs and got:

1st path → 45 tokens
2nd path → 30 tokens
3rd path → 30 tokens
= 105 tokens
All first time for the day….. when i am supposed to get 180…… Other party members got a full 180….

I amkitten about the waste of time…. Maybe people have time to waste on games all day, but I come home from work and have a few hours here and there…… and to do something and get shafted…. it’s not fun at all.

Don’t implement if there are bugs….. that simple….. test it first….. that simple…..

Posted by: xlilashx.2903

xlilashx.2903

All rewards are susceptible to our code that is dealing with people who are speed clearing dungeons. If you find yourself getting less rewards consider whether or not your rate of dungeon completion is extremely high. This did not get reset with the patch.

If you think you are running at a fairly reasonable pace post all of the chains you have run and the times to complete and we will file it to try and figure out if it is a bug. Please post accurate times, otherwise we cannot determine if there are in fact bugs in the system.

Thanks,

Jon

To be quite honest, this new ‘Diminishing System’ is quite stupid, if it means that we only receive 60 tokens on our daily then eventually drop to 8-6 tokens per run I would rather the old system back. Seeing as you state that depending on our time completion depends on how many tokens we get? Then explain the fact that some people get 60 while others only get 15.

Honesty we can’t help the fact that we are able to find shortcuts and breeze through dungeons quickly in order to obtain armor, its expected in any MMO. At this stage of the game many players are willing to grind to get their Dungeon armor, but not to the point where it will take them weeks/months, in the old system I already found that obtaining some of the tokens for my armor already took me weeks, why make it harder?

It may get to the point where people just forget about dungeon armor for their stats and just craft everything considering they all have the same stats and people will do dungeons at their own pace just so that they can trans-morph it.

I honestly don’t like the idea of changing the fact that we don’t recieve tokens from every boss; as many have stated if the group falls apart or say the dungeon glitches, we wasted time for nothing. Yes people say suck it up; try again – but for those who do the right thing with no reward in the end isn’t that fantastic. If this ‘Diminishing System’ is still going to be implemented make it so that before we enter the dungeon we’re made aware of how many tokens we’re going to receive for that run (after we pick our path)

You really need to take into consideration the effect some of your decisions may have on this game. Yes by all means boost the daily to 60, it will encourage us to take all paths of the dungeon, but you shouldn’t be penalizing us for our efforts in completing them especially in a certain time frame or completing them numerous times. As I already stated, this decision may effect the amount of players willing to use dungeons and pick crafting over it in the use of obtaining exotic armor.

With major changes like these, I also believe that the public should be made aware of these changes before putting them in action so that we can tell you what should be implemented and what shouldn’t be as now you’re finding that we agree with some changes but not all.

-Ciao!

Derpinator.2894

All rewards are susceptible to our code that is dealing with people who are speed clearing dungeons. If you find yourself getting less rewards consider whether or not your rate of dungeon completion is extremely high. This did not get reset with the patch.

If you think you are running at a fairly reasonable pace post all of the chains you have run and the times to complete and we will file it to try and figure out if it is a bug. Please post accurate times, otherwise we cannot determine if there are in fact bugs in the system.

Thanks,

Jon

To be quite honest, this new ‘Diminishing System’ is quite stupid, if it means that we only receive 60 tokens on our daily then eventually drop to 8-6 tokens per run I would rather the old system back. Seeing as you state that depending on our time completion depends on how many tokens we get? Then explain the fact that some people get 60 while others only get 15.

Honesty we can’t help the fact that we are able to find shortcuts and breeze through dungeons quickly in order to obtain armor, its expected in any MMO. At this stage of the game many players are willing to grind to get their Dungeon armor, but not to the point where it will take them weeks/months, in the old system I already found that obtaining some of the tokens for my armor already took me weeks, why make it harder?

It may get to the point where people just forget about dungeon armor for their stats and just craft everything considering they all have the same stats and people will do dungeons at their own pace just so that they can trans-morph it.

I honestly don’t like the idea of changing the fact that we don’t recieve tokens from every boss; as many have stated if the group falls apart or say the dungeon glitches, we wasted time for nothing. Yes people say suck it up; try again – but for those who do the right thing with no reward in the end isn’t that fantastic. If this ‘Diminishing System’ is still going to be implemented make it so that before we enter the dungeon we’re made aware of how many tokens we’re going to receive for that run (after we pick our path)

You really need to take into consideration the effect some of your decisions may have on this game. Yes by all means boost the daily to 60, it will encourage us to take all paths of the dungeon, but you shouldn’t be penalizing us for our efforts in completing them especially in a certain time frame or completing them numerous times. As I already stated, this decision may effect the amount of players willing to use dungeons and pick crafting over it in the use of obtaining exotic armor.

With major changes like these, I also believe that the public should be made aware of these changes before putting them in action so that we can tell you what should be implemented and what shouldn’t be as now you’re finding that we agree with some changes but not all.

-Ciao!

Ummmmmmm. I’m telling! You said “daily”.

GRINDER! GRINDER! OMG GRINDER!

:)

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Hellkaiser.6025

GRINDER? WHERE! OHHHH MAAAHHHH GERRRRHDDDDD, GEEEEHHHT EEEEEERRRRRHHMM!!!

Irony…. xD

Posted by: thestillwinter.9486

thestillwinter.9486

my reply goes to arah and to all the people out there who have attempted the new arah buff.

F%*k that.

xlilashx.2903

TOKEN REFUNDS – Next Patch?
As it has been made aware by various players, we have made some purchases with tokens by mistake, others by easily mistakable errors etc. For example, the Twilight Arbor Medium and Light gear, have the exact same stats and images causes people to miss-purchase their item. I am one of those people.

I have also been made aware via friends that apparently you ’don’t have the power’ to refund or exchange these items. Why not?

If that is the case you really need to implement a time period where we can refund our items or atleast change the images so they aren’t the same and this doesn’t happen! But I believe that people who have made aware to ANet that this is an issue and this has occurred should receive a refund of their purchase. As for some it has taken days/weeks to obtain these dungeon pieces.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

bye

No… People cry because ArenaNet punishes them for being “good and skilled” by implementing DR on dungeon tokens.

Either its DR or lock from dungeon like in every other MMORPGS. What will you cry next time about? … Come on …

Areanet atleast gave you opportunity to farm even when DR is up, your choice .. If they went with lock system you would complain anyways !

and btw.. Try harder next time

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Gab Superstar.4059

Either its DR or 24 hours lock. What will you cry next time about? … Come on …

Try harder next time

wat

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Venon.9641

Venon.9641

I could say a walltext about arah,but i won’t.

Can u guys pay attention on topics created and see what’s going on with this dungeon?

Derpinator.2894

bye

Either its DR or lock from dungeon like in every other MMORPGS. What will you cry next time about? … Come on …

Areanet atleast gave you opportunity to farm even when DR is up, your choice .. If they went with lock system you would complain anyways !

and btw.. Try harder next time

I don’t like farming dungeons. At all. I think I have total of 20ish tokens and am not bothered in the least by someone who has full dungeon armor while I don’t.

But if someone else does enjoy repetitive grinding, that doesn’t hurt me at all.

So tell me again why people complaining about running face first into a ginormous Developer Block is bad?

In my opinion, the designers are reacting to data, not players. This means they’ll be wrong most of the time because the data is broken by bots/farmers/elites, meaning a small subset of the actual population meaning that reacting this way ensures that the majority of the population will be unhappy with the majority of decisions.

And that’s a good thing how exactly?

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

I did AC Explorable today. My friend got 60 tokens. I got 45 tokens, 19 silver, and 133k experience.

1) I haven’t run a dungeon in 2 days.
2) I hadn’t run Ascalon Catacombs Explorable in a couple of weeks.
3) I’ve run other dungeons since then.
4) The run took about 1 hour.

There is no reason I should have gotten 45 tokens. I clearly did not run the dungeon too fast, because someone else got 60 tokens. I also did not grind that dungeon. I was there the entire time.

So is there another condition that we must fulfill, or is this patch broken for some people?

Posted by: Zero.2310

Zero.2310

I did CoF explorable today.

I hadn’t done it in about 23 hours and as I’m Australian I dunno when the day “resets” but it more than likely would have seeing as my dailies did. Anyway, after a painstakingly long run of the dungeon with a group we got to the end. Just as I am about to accept the token thing, which by the way I don’t mind waiting to the end if there is more tokens involved, a party member leaves very quickly and kicks the rest of the party for the instance out too.

So this means that each party member other than the person who bailed got a total of 1 token.

A single token.

I’m outraged, this isn’t fair for me or my party. We worked our butts off to finish it and to get a single token isn’t even a joke. I’d like this fixed ASAP please because I have no drive to do the dungeons anymore.

Posted by: Wolfies.8152

Wolfies.8152

I did AC Explorable today. My friend got 60 tokens. I got 45 tokens, 19 silver, and 133k experience.

1) I haven’t run a dungeon in 2 days.
2) I hadn’t run Ascalon Catacombs Explorable in a couple of weeks.
3) I’ve run other dungeons since then.
4) The run took about 1 hour.

There is no reason I should have gotten 45 tokens. I clearly did not run the dungeon too fast, because someone else got 60 tokens. I also did not grind that dungeon. I was there the entire time.

So is there another condition that we must fulfill, or is this patch broken for some people?

They simply do not test their patches. If they do, it’s nowhere near as much as they should. Stuff like this shouldn’t happen.

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Hey everyone. We are currently investigating the issue with dungeon rewards not being awarded properly, and will be implementing a fix as soon as it is available. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to bring it to our attention, as well as those who have provided as much information as they can to help isolate the problem!

If you run into this issue in the meantime, please make note of the rewards you received in respect to others in your party and list that information here. Please be sure to include the name of the dungeon, as well as any insight into what other dungeons you have run with an approximate time that they were completed (i.e. 16 hours ago, 3 hours ago, etc.).

Again, thank you for reporting this issue!

ArenaNet QA Team

Posted by: xodex.4321

xodex.4321

TA first run today = 15 tokens reward (other players in party got 60)
after 6 hours:
CoF first run = 15 tokens reward (other players in party got 60)
:(

Posted by: Akava Ranveer.6104

Akava Ranveer.6104

First run of CoE ever (also first run of the day), got 45. Another person who did their first run of the day got 45. Everyone else got 60.

Last instance I ran was 20 hours prior in AC.

CoE took about 2 hours.

AC, which was run 20 hours prior, was completed in about 30-40 minutes.

Posted by: Blackredorangefire.7549

Blackredorangefire.7549

All these people that said there are too much whining has got to realize that the reason why people complain is not because they are unappreciative or anything. I mean the only way to let Anet know these things are with people complaining through the forums. I honestly have no problem with this patch, but I still think it is pretty superb giving 180 tokens for the first runs each day. I think that it is not fair when you keep applying changes that increase the value of the reward since people in the past have worked harder for it. Again, I’m still fine with the change because its a good change. The part where I’m not fine with is people getting unequal rewards. I was doing Honor of the Waves dungeon since today morning hoping I can get 180 tokens after completing three runs of different paths. I ended up getting 102. As people have listed above, which are true, I have only gotten 45 tokens the first run of Zealot. So, I thought it was off to a bad start, but it may be different afterwards, so we decided to try Butcher. Tried Butcher once and got 10 tokens and freaked out. My second try, I got as low as 2 tokens. After that, I waited 4 hrs and then just ran Plunderer and gave 45. Here is the problem. This didn’t apply to everyone in my group. I was the only one that had gotten the 2 tokens and the 10 tokens. I got pretty upset because I worked just as hard as the others and it was unfair. So, I really hope that Anet will supply us back with those tokens that we fairly earned. This bug should also be fixed RIGHT AWAY since people are going to continue doing dungeons and it would be a disadvantage for the ones who are experiencing this bug. I am hoping to see this bug fixed by tomorrow, if not, Thursday. Any later than that, it will be no excuse. People just can’t wait a week to finally have Anet realize that there’s something needed to be fixed. These are one of the major factors of the game, so please, please fix it soon! *Approximate PST (California) time that I ran these dungeons – ( First run – Did one right after the new build of around 12:00 – 12:40 AM of 9/25 and got 45 tokens from HotW: Butcher. Second run – Around 10:00 – 11:00 AM of 9/25 and got 45 tokens from HotW: Zealot. Third run was right after accomplishing the second run probably around 11:00 – 30AM and ran Butcher and received only 10 tokens. Fourth run was HotW: Butcher again and was right after third, approximately around 11:30 – 12:00 PM afternoon and received as low as 2 tokens. Fifth run was HotW: Plunderer and was about 5 hrs from the fourth. Probably around 6 PM (took an hr), but I’m not really sure to be exact and received 45 tokens.

(edited by Blackredorangefire.7549)

Posted by: abolian.5320

abolian.5320

AC this night,
1st path ? 30 tokens
2nd path ? 15 tokens
3rd path ? 6 tokens

there is some SS :
2nd run:
http://i47.tinypic.com/fu6gz9.png

3rd :
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zq4g47.png

my party getting also between 15~60, only 1 guy always getting 60.

Posted by: Quickener.8597

Quickener.8597

Cof path 2 first run of the day=45 tokens
Cof path 2 second run of the day= 10 tokens
AC path 2 first run of the day=15 tokens
so does that mean anet will mail the rest?
everyone else in party got 60 for first run and 22 for 2nd on cof and 60 for ac first run this needs fixed ASAP. also drop the amount of enemies at bomb plant forced to kite still too many kds and enemies have too many hp to kill outright. also nothing but blues from all 3 runs this needs patched also. anet owes me minimum of 25 tokens for cof and 45 for ac from today i expect them mailed as of tomorrow when i login. thanks.
cof run 1 was completed at around 530pm pst cof 2nd run was completed around 615 pm pst and ac was completed at around 715 pm pst today

(edited by Quickener.8597)

xlilashx.2903

TA Path Up: 15 tokens – Others got 60
TA Path Forward, Up: 30 tokens – Others got 60

Posted by: Oddbot.6578

Oddbot.6578

Running Twilight Arbor.
1st run : before day reset.
Path : Up
Reward : 20 (ok)
2nd run : start 7:30PM GTM-5 (NY, Mtl), end : 8:20PM, after day reset
Path : Forward-Up
Reward : 45 (should be 60)
3rd run (started around 8:40PM)
Reward : 30 (should be 60)
4th run (ended some time around 10:30PM)
Reward : 10 (should be 20)
Someone in my party got it all right from 2nd to 4th round, which is 60-60-20. Some others in the party got wildly varying amounts that weren’t the same as neither of us.

Posted by: Miotal.8540

Miotal.8540

Ran into problem with TA Forward-Up path.

One person received 45 while everyone else got 60.

Myself and person who did 45 last ran the dungeon last time at the same time.
He received 20 that time while I got 60.

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

last run was day before patch

45 tokens from first twilight arbor run, 1 other got 45, 3 others got 60
30 from second run, different path everyone’s tokens were diminished by 15
15 tokens from honor of wave butcher path, everyone’s tokens diminished by 15 except 1 person who got 60, she was new to our group

xlilashx.2903

Gets to last boss; starter leaves.. no rewards. You should make it that if the starter leaves the whole run doesn’t reset. So we can find replacements.. ;C

Posted by: Clanky.3795

Clanky.3795

At some point in the near future, we will make up for this by making dungeon tokens a rare drop so that even players who are not completing a chain can make partial progress toward the rewards.

Did no one see this? I read the first page and did not see any mention of this. It brings to mind a fan video from GW1 on youtube about how to play the game, and learning how to be patient.

Posted by: Sphynx.9617

Sphynx.9617

1:00PM EST Ascalonian Catacombs Explorer Mode Path 2

• I have never cleared an explorer mode in AC before (Ruling out diminishing returns)
  • The run lasted about 45m-1h long (Ruling out “speed of run”)
  • One member received 60 tears, one received 45, one received 20, and two received 15 (including myself). (Also ruling out “speed of run” mechanic)

2:30PM EST Citadel of Flame Explorer Mode Path 2

• I cleared an explorer mode (Path 2) in CoF over two weeks ago on September 10th (Ruling out diminishing returns)
  • The run lasted about 1h-1h15m long (Ruling out “speed of run”)
  • Two members received 60 carvings, one received 20, one received 15, and I received 6. (Also ruling out “speed of run” mechanic)

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

Suggestion:
Roll back the last two patches (all of it, the events and skills supposedly fixed still break/are broken) and put this kitten on a public test realm so that you get some proper bug testing because it’s pretty kitten obvious that you aren’t doing it internally.

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

Not working I have yet to get a full reward since you put in that broken diminishing returns system. No matter what I run I never get full credit….everyone else does…isnt that great? This is bad, honestly after this patch you dont deserve customers anymore. Get rid of diminshing returns you are not capable of making it work right, I cant even run dungeons at all, I dont get any money or rewards for completing.

You will learn eventually….when your servers empty out…don’t listen to us thats fine.