Dungeon Patch Discussion 9/25

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

For years we sucked it up ArenaNet, because the only people still playing dungeons in GW1 actually enjoyed your little nerfs, as it forced a new meta game and these were always fun to develop and learn. However, now you got millions of casual players who only want to enjoy the game, something you are currently preventing them from doing. I’m no management consultant but alienating a massive portion of your playerbase just doesn’t sound good to me.

what anet forgets is: DOA was fine - for the people that wanted to run it. the ones that didn't could do something else and buy the armband afterwards. in gw2 you can do 100% and.. events. one weekend in orr and you have figured out most chains, so its repeating them over and over. and over.

I know people will disagree (the “dungeon armor is an achievement and prestiiiiiiiiiiige!” faction. if you want prestige and show off in LA get a legendary), but: let people get that armor besides farming dungeons. make it a forge recipe that needs karma, skillpoints, a chunk of mats (that would actually help remove all these crafting mats rotting in the trading post AND make people go into lower level zones to farm them), heck put some money requirement on it so you can sell gems. right now, if you can’t get a group, you’re pretty much effed.

it’s not rocket science, and I’m still puzzled why it wasn’t in from the start. this way the people that like running hard dungeons can do that, the people that don’t can do something else and no one has to argue what an appropriate amount of “grind” or “skill” is necessary for that armor.

(edited by Gray.9650)

Posted by: xlilashx.2903

xlilashx.2903

Twilight Arbor: Path – Forward, Up.
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
Player 1 – 45 (First Run of Path)
Player 2 – 20
Player 3 – 15
Player 4 – 60 (Second Run of Path)
Player 5 – 20

Posted by: fantomethetaru.3416

fantomethetaru.3416

We did Ascalonian Catacombs twice, once for the Ghost Eater path (option 2), and followed by the Howling King path (option 1). This was the token reward breakdown:

First Run, Path 2:
Player 1 (me): 45
Player 2: 45
Player 3: 60
Player 4: 60
Player 5: 60

Second Run, Path 1:
Player 1 (me): 30
Player 2: 30
Player 3: 60
Player 4: 60
Player 5: 60

These runs were the first time we were doing it for the day. In fact, I know that me players 3 and 4 have not done it in more than 24 hours.

Hope you guys can fix it ASAP, as it feels ridiculously unfair that some of us get much less tokens in return for an equal amount of time / effort spent in dungeons.

Posted by: Karew.2169

Karew.2169

Today I completed three runs, small breaks in-between:

1. Catacombs, Dretha Path – 60 tokens (I ran this yesterday)
  2. Sorrow’s Embrace, 3rd path – 45 tokens (I have never run this path, ever)
  3. Cathedral of Flame, Magg chain – 30 tokens (I haven’t run this path in the last three days)

I don’t feel that I completed any of these paths faster than I should have. Other members of my guild reported similar results, but some of them started at 45 and moved down to 30 and then 15. The system is rate-limiting everything and not distinguishing between separate chains correctly. The rule that you receive 60 per path per day doesn’t seem to be working as an override to the rate-limiting.

As a side note, if less than 30 minutes of completion time is factored in to Diminishing Returns, it needs to be corrected. The AC Dretha path is extremely easy to complete in less than 30 minutes, no mad rushing required.

(edited by Karew.2169)

Posted by: Kuishen.6140

Kuishen.6140

(Copy-pasta from the other thread, didn’t see this one.)

Took some data from AC and CM today regarding the DR system, we did them right after it resets (same time as dailies, as was confirmed by a dev in another topic).

3 of us hadn’t done a dungeon in the past 24 hours, other two had done some AC paths around 9 PM PST yesterday (24th). All times are in PST.

Run 1 AC Path 1
Start: 5:15 PM End: 5:56 PM
All 5 of us got full rewards 177k/26s/60 Tokens

Run 2 AC Path 2
Start: 6:00 PM End: 6:29 PM

Run 3 AC Path 3
Start: 6:33 PM End: 7:05 PM

Run 4 CM Story Mode (for a friend)
Forgot to write times for this since it seemed unimportant until… (But you can see we did it between 7:05 and 7:45 PM)

Run 5 CM Path 1
Start: 7:45 PM End: 8:45 PM
1 person got full rewards, 2 of us got Half Rewards (30 Tokens), 1 of us got Quarter rewards (15 Tokens), and the 5th was a random person.

The person who got 15 tokens hadn’t done any dungeons in the past 24 hours, as was one of the people that got 30 tokens (this being aside from the AC runs we just got done doing). The person who got full rewards had done some AC runs the night previously. So on the last run the DR system was affecting random people in random ways.

So yeah, everything was working as intended until we did CM.

As was pointed out by one of the devs, the majority of people crying had done dungeons last night and before the reset today, but it still looks like there is a bug here.

Posted by: ThatTallGuyX.3058

ThatTallGuyX.3058

Level 80
Sylvari
Guardian

Posted by: RainRain.2765

RainRain.2765

First explorer run, ever:
CM , about 20 minutes before this point.

i got 6 tokens and 8k exp, compared to everyone else who got 60 tokens, and a person who got 45 and was also supposed to get 60.

Posted by: Druk.2389

Druk.2389

And so, the chosen one, the one who will kill WoW, shoots his own foot, again. Just when Pandaria is released, LMAO

I’ll begin by stating that this game has the worst way to handle dungeons I’ve seen, it’s inconsistent, terribly executed and terribly buggy, both when giving the rewards and at times with the dungeon script itself.

I don’t mind a diminishing return for doing the same path and dungeon over, but just 1 diminishing return, I mean, why are you repeatedly trying to kick my party out!? If you don’t want us to do the content we like, please release new content.

Also, why are you punishing my party for being good and clearing the dungeon fast? I mean, are you joking me!? So the slow and baddies get rewarded, while the swift and skilled get punished. You got to be kidding me. I guess we have to feel bad for owning the boss or something.

And don’t you dare trying to tell me to go do some garbage like WvW or PvP if I’m that good because bite me.

In conclusion, you might as well back out the latest changes on the rewards for dungeons, go and FIX the dungeons so they work as they should, like correctly. Then revamp the rewards, along with the release of new content or a tier of armor sets or both so a revamp on rewards can be justified.

Or you can just not fix anything and keep adding holes to then Chosen’s foot, in any case this game seems like it’s starting to limp, so, Good luck.

(edited by Druk.2389)

Posted by: Miotal.8540

Miotal.8540

Did 2 more dungeons with same party. Everyone got same amount each dungeon AC 2 different paths same people that got 45 in TA got 45 this time.

Posted by: Voidspawn.1934

Voidspawn.1934

Caudecus’s Manor, 1st path (help the Asura). Got 30 tokens, the rest of my team got 45.
Last dungeon I did before that was Sorrow’s Embrace story mode about 24 hours ago.
It took us approximately 2 hours to complete the dungeon.

Posted by: IronikFunction.8309

IronikFunction.8309

Ran Crucible of Eternity for the first time ever tonight at 8pm and 10pm. I only got 45 tokens from the first run and 30 from the second. Some of my party members also got 45 and others got 60.

Posted by: Arzalis.1280

Arzalis.1280

Ran Sorrow’s Embrace explorable with a group and didn’t finish the last boss due to people leaving. Got zero tokens since we didn’t finish the last boss.

About 2-3 hours later, ran Ascalonian Catacombs explorable on the Ghost Eater path and completed it at around 1:30 AM EST.

I earned 30 tokens.
Everyone else in my party earned 60 tokens.

Posted by: Micky.3782

Micky.3782

Honor of waves first path got 6 tokens,firs time running the dungeon rest group got 60

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

Run two paths TA, everyone recieved 60 tokens, run CoF, also 60. Personally I support this system. Not over9000 grind, and not free epics.
However, judging ppl from forum, your system is not working as intended. This needs to be fixed asap.
No need to get a complete item from bosses, it is no-fun. And chests should remain without tokens also. Only complete chain, only hardcore.
CoF Magg bomb room event however is what you really need to fix. It is impossible to do in a normal way without graveyard rushing and brief kiting between deaths. Srsly, show us your official video how YOU, Anet, are doing this. If it is event based on graveyard rushing – then it is obviously flawed beyond redemption.

Posted by: Kuishen.6140

Kuishen.6140

I have no problem with this system as long as it works like it is supposed to, and it currently doesn’t.

As Druk said, you shouldn’t punish the players for doing all 3 paths in a row quickly. How fast you complete a path should have absolutely zero to do with the DR system. If I finish a path in under 20 minutes because my entire party is on the ball, nobody died and everybody is doing their part, you should not have the DR punish us UNLESS we attempt to do the same path twice.

Maybe that is what it is intended to do, but since you guys are so unwilling to share how exactly this broken system works we don’t know and it just seems like you guys are in fact punishing people for playing your game well even if they aren’t attempting grind by doing the same path over and over.

Posted by: Bifi.9273

Bifi.9273

Hey community,

First of all, im only posting because i am – really – afraid that Anet listens to all the whiners and actually changes stuff the way they want it.

My perspective:
I am almost exclusively playing with my guild, so i dont really know, how it is to play with randoms. We have no problems with clearing dungeons fast.

As adressed in other threads and posts there is an issue with the difficulty.
For some they are unbeatable, for others they are slighty too easy.

First of all, what are the dungeons supposed to be in GW2?
They are obviously part of the game and everyone who owns the game wants to be able to make it through, but on the other hand they grant max stats, epic prestige armor which means when i wear this i achieved something. As Anet hates farming and grinding and tries to extinct it in their game (i like it) the armor is supposed to say: “i am a skilled player and mastered that dungeon.” not “i have plenty of time and can exploit bugs”.
So there are definitely changes needed. I think the best solution would be to introduce two difficulties with different amounts of tokens. The difference between the two modes should be:
life of mobs, armor of mobs, time between boss events, weaker boss events

Ignoring the fact, that DR doesnt work properly at the moment (me included) there is a big issue about how and when tokens should be obtained.
First of all, this is no WoW or other normal MMO where you farm you equip, thats one of the main aims of Anet, thats why they didnt implement the item treadmill.
They dont like farm runs, they banned out all farm runs by giving tokens in the end.
And by the way, NO WE DONT WANT RANDOM EXOTIC ARMOR DROPS AT BOSSES, how about we roll for them so we can start hating each other again.

There are so many ways to get max armor, crafting is really not too expensive, dungeon armor is exclusive, deal with it-

One can easily understand that groups that just dont manage it to clear the dungeon in the first try are really disappointed, because they get no reward at all, but any change towards giving out tokens earlier results in farming. So the best solution in my opinion would be to introduce two difficulties.

If Anet really doesnt want two difficulties the only way to actually make people play the dungeons as intended is to make an unbelievable large gap between the amount of tokens obtained from boss slaying and dungeon completing like 3 tokens per boss, 30 tokens for completing and + 30 tokes for completing all ways at the same day. Plus introducing DR on boss tokens which resets after you finished the dungeon.

Please dont complain about that GW2 is not like other MMOs, why should it, we dont need 10 identical games.

— Bifi

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

@Bifi.9273
“First of all, im only posting because i am – really – afraid that Anet listens to all the whiners and actually changes stuff the way they want it.”

You mean actually fixing bugs? God forbid.

Which ones are we complaining about? CoF magg mainly. Why? Because even groups that are optimized to do it and have full exotics cannot do the event the way the dev said it should be done, by DPSing everything down.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

New CoF tokens does not stack with old ones

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

vicwolf.7862

None of the new tokens stack with the old ones. We can assume, probably incorrectly, that will change if/when they get around to unbinding the old tokens.

Posted by: Thund.2795

Thund.2795

It was my first experience in a Dungeon in Explorable Mode (never done before) We did Ascalonian Catacombs twice, once the Howling King (option 1), and followed by the the Ghost Eater (option 2).

13 hours ago, first path, more than one hour and 30 token.
11 hours ago, second path, about one hour and 6 token.

My other party member get the full reward (120 token)..

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Twilight Arbor: Up path (Laurent). Completed 10 minutes ago. Everyone got 60, I got 30. It is my first dungeon run in about ~3ish days, just went for the purposes of science

Posted by: Grey.7319

Grey.7319

All of the following runs were with the same group of players. They represent the only dungeons I’ve run in the last few days, I haven’t done any extra runs etc. For a lot of us, these were our first forays into each dungeon, so the runs were not fast at all (usually at least an hour)

• Sunday AM (GMT) – Ran AC:Explorable path one. Correct number of tokens awarded.
  • Sunday (PM) – Ran arah story.
  • Monday (PM) – Ran arah story (to get complete one of the group member’s personal story arc)
  • Tuesday (PM) – Ran AC:Explorable path 1. Everyone else received 60 tokens, I received 30.
  • Tuesday (PM, right after the run above) – Ran AC Explorable path 3, everyone else received 60 tokens, I received 15.

There definitely seems to be something fishy going on with the DR system. I just hope this can be resolved quickly, as getting 45 tokens whilst my friends got 120, for the exact same effort, was very frustrating.

IGN: Grey | Mesmer | Gandara
GW2 wiki profile | DeviantArt | GW2Guru Art Thread

Posted by: ACAlCapone.3784

ACAlCapone.3784

As mentioned in another post:

I really thought that todays update would change/fix the dungeons but it only made it worse…

I did 4 runs today (all with the same 4 people except the last one)

1. Ascalonian Catacombs -> Howling King
Rewards:
For me: 45 tears and 19s50c
All others: 60 tears and 26s

2. Citadel of Flames -> Effigy
Rewards:
For me: 30 carvings and 12s
Partymember 1: 45 carvings
All others: 60 carvings

3. Ascalonian Catacombs -> Colussus
Rewards:
For me: 15 tears and 6s50c
Partymember 1: 30 tears
Partymember 2: 45 tears
Partymember 3+4: 60 tears

4. Citadel of Flames -> Tribune
Rewards:
For me: 6 carvings and 2s and some copper
Partymember 2: 30 carvings
New member: 45 carvings
Partymember 3+4: 60 carvings

To sum it up:
I got 60 tears and 36 carvings (as supposed to 120 of both).
Partymember 1 got 90 tears and 45 carvings (120/60) – didnt participate in the last CoF-Run.
Partymember 2 got 105 tears and 90 carvings.
Partymember 3+4 got 120 tears and carvings.
New one got 45 carvings.

Also I didn’t get an update for the explorer achievement.

Last time we did the dungeons was around 20-24h ago.
The rewards were bugged for partymember 1 and me since the last patch. While everyone else got 26s, we only got 13s or even less (even if it was a new dungeon or new dungeon path).

Posted by: Overunity.4273

Overunity.4273

Sorrows embrace first ever clear path one, 30 tokens
Path 2 ,15 tokens.
At least there is an official saying that there is an issue

We just want to have fun

Posted by: Blackredorangefire.7549

Blackredorangefire.7549

Hey guys. Is anyone missing things in inventory? I can swear to god, I had a stack of 90 Symbols of Koda. Moment I finished HotW – Zealot, the tokens were gone. This stack was from the previous patch, the one that did not stack with the new stacks. I am suppose to have 222 + 90. Now my 90 is gone. What the hell happened? WHAT THE HELL?!?

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Hey guys. Is anyone missing things in inventory? I can swear to god, I had a stack of 90 Symbols of Koda. Moment I finished HotW – Zealot, the tokens were gone. This stack was from the previous patch, the one that did not stack with the new stacks. I am suppose to have 222 + 90. Now my 90 is gone. What the hell happened? WHAT THE HELL?!?

It’s possible you now have 2 stacks of tokens.

or..I don’t know

Posted by: Blackredorangefire.7549

Blackredorangefire.7549

It’s possible you now have 2 stacks of tokens.

or..I don’t know

Nah, I checked alt chars, I checked treasurer, I checked my main bags. None. Its gone.

Posted by: Victor Bon Azzkik.6729

Victor Bon Azzkik.6729

Just did Arah’s explorable. Jotun option 1 path, 3 hour run 1 chest the titan dudes you have to kill went friendly. No tokens at all. Then did the Mursaat path, it also gliched at what appeared to be first boss fight. So a nice 4 hours down the tube with nothing to show for it except a 25+ silver repair bill XD. Love the game but the jotun glich really irked me. Normally try to keep complaining to a minimum. Thanks for listening XD keep up the good work

Posted by: Faolchu.1629

Faolchu.1629

Well I ran two runs on TA explorer runs today after daily’s reset and over 24 hours since my last runs and first run I only got 15 tokens and the 2nd run I got 2…. that’s right, not a typo… 2!

My team mates got anywhere from 45-60 (1st run) to the next lowest was 25-40 (2nd run) all our first and second runs of the day since yesterday morning-afternoon.

That is after going the same path two times in a row (up). Needless to say I just gave-up after that as 17 tokens after two fresh runs of the day was a joke. At least my teammates found it hilarious, I ironically… not so much.

“Significant ranger improvements coming in the next patch. "-Jon Peters, Nov. 2012…

(edited by Faolchu.1629)

Posted by: Rylain.2379

Rylain.2379

Anet, i suggest you create a new thread for people who beta-test the bug on DR tokens for you, and keeping this thread on feedback for after patching.

This is supposed to be a discussion thread on our experiences in dungeons after patch implemented, not us posting test-run results for your bugs.

Posted by: Hayden.7920

Hayden.7920

Yesterday I ran CoF for the second time of the day – first time after the patch, and only got 5 tokens in the end.. I then ran it again and once more, only got 5 tokens. On my third run i got 15 before quitting, then hoping for 60 i tried the next day and only got 45 before another string of 5’s. Continuous runs for tokens to earn decent armour sounded like fun to me, it shows i’ve done the work to get it and it looks nice. but when i only get 5, as ‘punishment’ for being enthusiastic about the new armour… come on. make it steady – not 60 then 20 & downards for everyone else (and 5 for me), why not just a stream of ..say.. 30 per reward. it’s enough to make it worthwhile but it still takes many runs (10+ at that rate for the chest peice). 5 per run is just grinding, which you pat yourselves on the back so much for apparently “avoiding”.

In accomodating people who are only going to play for 1 hour, you leave those of us who wish to play longer with less incentive to play at all. How does that make sense?

Posted by: Xanthiel.9360

Xanthiel.9360

I did 2 explorables last night, CoF path 1, and TA up path.

I was jubilant after finally beating the effigy in CoF, as we have tried a couple of times before with no success, but afterwards we discovered that only the person who entered the dungeon got the achievement! The rest of us didn’t see any cut scenes at all and we believe this is linked.

Same story in TA, though. I don’t mind really in this case, the run was fun, and fairly quick, unlike the effigy one. In TA though, called targets only appeared for the one who called them, which was a bit of a pain.

We got full 60 tokens for both runs, but these do not stack with the pre patch tokens of the same type.

vicwolf.7862

Anet, i suggest you create a new thread for people who beta-test the bug on DR tokens for you, and keeping this thread on feedback for after patching.

This is supposed to be a discussion thread on our experiences in dungeons after patch implemented, not us posting test-run results for your bugs.

Where did you get the idea that this thread wasn’t for reporting the effects of the changes they made to the reward system?

Posted by: TheManiac.7392

TheManiac.7392

I just ran Crucible of Eternity Explorable mode teleporter path, haven’t completed any other dungeons today, everyone else got 60 tokens as quest, it told me I was going to get 45, but I only got 1 in the end.

The run ended at about 04:45ish Server time.

Posted by: mochinac.7631

mochinac.7631

I completed Magg path of Citadel of Flames nearly 9 hours away (post patch) and got 30 tokens at the end of the run as a reward.

Not 20, not 60. 30. And it was my first run.

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

Hello, just to add aswell to this topic since it’s the official one that I got hit with the DR . I don’t have the specific times per se, but I roll with a default group most runs.

First path we did was the ascalonian explorable path #2. No wipes nor anything and we finished it at around the 35 minute mark give or take. Everyone except 1 got 60 tokens ((the one that didn’t got 30 and said he ran it earlier on the day we ran the dungeons at 2 am)

Then we ran path #1, flame scepter. Run was about 34 minutes ish give or take and 3 people got 60 tokens, the one that got 30 earlier got 15 and I personally got 45. Taking into account I havent done a dungeon run since pretty much a day before the patch give or take..and everyone that did both path #2 and path#1 was the same..it is unusual that I got hit with the DR while the others did not.

If you need any more specific information , feel free to pm, or post and I’ll try to remember more details.

Posted by: Tom Stone.3190

Tom Stone.3190

I do all dungeons with my guild, mostly in the exact same group (give or take one person). The rewards vary between the group members even if we do exacly the same dungeons in exacly the same time intervals.

Yesterday:
TA:
Up: 60
Forward, forward: 60
Forward, up: 45
ETA 3 paths 4,5h
Afterwards, CoF, Magg path: 45 tokens, 45 mins run.

Today:
Up: 60
Forward, forward: 60
Forward, up: 45
ETA all paths 4h
Srsly fix this…

Join the biggest Polish fansite: guildwars2.pl

(edited by Tom Stone.3190)

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

Ran Ascalonian Catacombs all instances back-to-back.

Path #2: 60 tears
Path #1: 45 tears
Path #2: 10 tears
Path #3: 5 tears

At this point I found it useless to waste any more time running them.

Wisdom through suffering.

Posted by: Sofaking.2019

Sofaking.2019

Why is it that I cannot log into COF on explorer mode with my group not matter what we do. Is there a work around?

Posted by: Rylain.2379

Rylain.2379

Where did you get the idea that this thread wasn’t for reporting the effects of the changes they made to the reward system?

Quote Robert Hrouda:

So the plan is this.
1. We will have a sticky thread with the most recent patch update pertaining to dungeons. This thread will be LOCKED. That way, when we need to update things or get new information out regarding the patch, there is a place to do it where information is easily found.
2. We will have a second thread specifically for feedback. This will allow people to post on topic.

Read number 2. Feedback isn’t about countless posts reporting number of tokens at when with how many runs. That’s irritating.

vicwolf.7862

Quote Robert Hrouda:

So the plan is this.
1. We will have a sticky thread with the most recent patch update pertaining to dungeons. This thread will be LOCKED. That way, when we need to update things or get new information out regarding the patch, there is a place to do it where information is easily found.
2. We will have a second thread specifically for feedback. This will allow people to post on topic.

Read number 2. Feedback isn’t about countless posts reporting number of tokens at when with how many runs. That’s irritating.

Jon also asked for people to give feedback on lower than expected token gains. Try reading more threads.

Also, what other feedback would you expect? The central change of the patch was this new reward system.

Posted by: Sley.7361

Sley.7361

So the patch came yesterday, and ofc we did AC expl #2 line.
There where 1person that got the correct number of tokens.

The rest in the group got varied numbers (lowest 10 tokens for a full run)

And what we can tell there is one in the group that is getting a very low XP gain from comepleeting dungeons.

This takes out the point of doing dungeon runs if we cant get the tokens or xp we deserv.

I hope this is going to be fixed soon else this problem will surley push some players away from the game.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

I seem to be getting hit by diminishing returns across three runs, even though each one was on a different path and were the first runs on each path for the day.

1st run in AC Path #2: 60 tokens.
Next run was AC Path #3: 45 tokens.
Last was AC path #1: 30 tokens

Each run was at least 30 minutes to an hour in length.

More than I got last patch, so I’m not particularly annoyed since I’m now the proud owner of a very shiny Greatsword, but clearly not working as intended.

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

This is going to far, and just for a system that should be punishing people using exploits, this is getting ridiculous.

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

About 18 hours ago, Twilight Arbor explorable, different paths.
Received 30 tokens, next run (other path) 15, next run (other path) 10.
Teammates received 60 tokens each run (with exception of one receiving 45 some runs).

Did Ascalonian Catacombs about 16 hours ago, for the first time in weeks, and received 30 tokens where teammates received 60.

After daily reset I did Twilight Arbor again and received 30 instead of 60.

Thanks

Posted by: Himegoto.3864

Himegoto.3864

I’m pleased that tokens are now account bound, however there’s a slight issue with them at the moment, the NEW tokens (obtained on ranger) work fine and well going from character to character, however the OLD ones (obtained on warrior) that I’ve obtained previously will still tell me that they’re SOULBOUND to another character when I try to remove them from the bank. It’s not too major of an issue right now, it would be nice to have it fixed though.

Posted by: JackDaniels.8921

JackDaniels.8921

Citadel of Flame 2# path..

1 run—→45 token 23 silver
2 run—>10 token 9 silver
3 run—→2 token 2 silver

Posted by: TheManiac.7392

TheManiac.7392

Tried another run of Crucible of Eternity, now I got 30 tokens from that path(first time I’ve ever run that path) And only got 30 tokens from it.
The run ended at about 7:00 servertime.

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

As I posted in the thread I created in this same forum … the “no tokens till the end” is “bad” and could be made “better” by keeping the diminishing returns system to affect the tokens received (to stop the “exploiters”) but have players receive tokens from bosses again.

Not receiving any tokens from doing a dungeon run until you have completed the entire path creates several scenarios that while aggravating by themselves are made even more so due to the fact that they now result in a 100% denial of you receiving tokens you honestly deserve for the content you did do.

Furthermore, I don’t think giving tokens as random rare drops in the dungeons is a fix for this problem. The drop rate for rares (going by how often I see a yellow 80 item or tier 6 fine crafting drop) is not very high. Receiving 1 dungeon token with this drop rate drastically pales in comparison to simply giving players tokens per boss again but applying the diminishing returns system to the tokens dropped by the bosses.

Assuming decent coding conventions, the same code that calculates how many tokens to generate per player at the end of completing a path could just as easily be leveraged in calculating how many tokens to generate per player upon killing a boss on a given path.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

I believe the AC Explorable Dungeon was too hard to complete. Don’t know which path we choose. But the mobs kept on spawning and it was really impossible to destroy the holes in the ground in time. I can imagine that many people just break off this dungeon. After several hours of retrying people need sleep you know.