1.23: completed The Ghost Eater in AC (first time ever) got 15 tokens

Dungeon Patch Discussion 9/25

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

We have identified an issue with the DR system that is causing the bug of rewards being incorrectly diminished. We’re actively working on the situation in anticipation for Monday’s scheduled patch.

Posted by: Akinari.4120

Akinari.4120

Would this patch be tested, because you know … the track record here isn’t very promising.

Posted by: nelopp.6140

nelopp.6140

That means no solution til Monday, when my comrades walk away with a full set of armor and I need to run 20 more times(extra 16-20 hrs) to do the same.
/facepalm

Posted by: karmarius.6128

karmarius.6128

As i said always this wasn’t the way dungeon rewards were meant to be. They were announcing explorable rewards as a badge item that will barter for a piece of gear, a single badge. Until release… Then we found that one singlempiece of gear is worth hundreds of tokens and fuull sets 1,2k of tokens…

We just struggle with those patches trying to make sense of something that never meant to be in-game. One explorable run, one piece of gear. That was what they promised to us and now we grind explorable modes for full sets…

No patch will fix this

Posted by: Glad Wing Pomp.1940

Glad Wing Pomp.1940

I just ran AC exp today after not doing a single dungeon for about a week. We finished path 1 in about 50 minutes, I got 45 tokens, another person in our group got 30. We did path 2 in about 40 minutes afterwards and I got 30 tokens while the other person who got reduced tokens got 5 (FIVE). Finally, we did a run of path 3 and I received 15 tokens while the other guy got 30. After that, I waited about two hours until the daily reset at 5 PM and tried to do another path 1 to see if it would give me the proper reward. This time it gave me 45 again. This dysfunctional system cheated me out of 105 tokens and while it’s all well and good that this MIGHT BE fixed in an upcoming patch, I honestly doubt anyone who has been abused by this system, myself included, will be compensated at all.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

If you read, some seems planning to complete an exotic set, weapon+armor+gift then quit. Maybe it’s the reason because now is a long term achievement, they understood a mass leaving was going to happen.
Meh, let’s wait monday patch to go back to play dungeons.

Lol don’t expect any refund, goldpimpwang, they told us to wait a fix, if you all kept insisting, it’s your fault

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Silverghost.4192

Silverghost.4192

Time 12:00am EST Friday Sept 28
Zone Crucible of Eternity
Cleared a little after 1:30 so over 1 hour.
Me 45 tokens. (1st time running this dungeon in the past 24 hours)
Guildy got 30 tokens (He has never run this dungeon before on explorable in any mode)

Just before this I ran CoF path 1 — 2 hours and 0 tokens because we didn’t have enough dps in the group to kill the crystal boss. The crystals have too many HP to have members kill them consistently and you basically need 2 mesmers with Time Warp to burn the boss to 59% (this is with keeping him poisoned) otherwise the group is going to fail due to DPS

After that I ran Magg run in about 30 minutes to 1 hour (can’t remember but our group did really well on this one) (no exploit obviously) and I got 60 tokens i think.

Both CoF runs were before CoE for me and my CoE run was the 1st CoE of the day for me.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

It’s ok, patch is coming on monday, we don’t need any more lottery please

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

Big deal everyone ? i got 15 all the time and once just 5 TOKEN ! i ran 8 times 15 all the way LOL since the new patch

Posted by: Token.6501

Token.6501

One run of AC path #3 with my guildmates, unable to finish the run, Zero tokens rewarded.
One run of AC path #1, unable to finish the run, Zero tokens rewarded.
Joined an Arah run partially completed, unable to finish boss fight, Zero tokens rewarded.

3 Fails out of 3 tries. I’ve got the max gears for a level 80 Ele, can’t see what i’m doing wrong here.

I don’t see how its a problem if some people chose to do short runs for fewer tokens, in order to avoid some of the more difficult content. I don’t see the exploit in that which requires a change in the system.

(edited by Token.6501)

Posted by: Token.6501

Token.6501

I don’t see why you should ever get as few only 5 tokens for a single full dungeon run, no matter how many time you’ve done it in a day.

Edited post: for some unknown reason i was being kittened.

(edited by Token.6501)

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

While I agree with the basic aim of the update, that is preventing speed running to farm tokens (hello Arah 2b), It has some flaws, regardless the unintended bugs.
I really love the fact that it’s no longer possible to speedrun tokens. However, here are 2 flaws :
1) Some people used and abused the speedruns before that and thus are advantaged over the new players, which is quite unfair, but I know there was no other solution to this (unless patching faster)
2) The most important point : it completely screws pug parties. What I mean is, usually, with pugs, you spend a lot of time in dungeons, 1-2 hours, and if it is difficult, you cannot complete the dungeon (example : Avatar of Melandru or Dwayna in Arah, or even Lupicus). Consequently, you spend a lot of time, kill many bosses, all that to get no reward (because, yeah, white and blue items are no rewards regarding the difficulty imho) for that ?
There should be an in-between. Something that would allow those players, trying hard, to get a fews tokens, let’s say about ten if they go up to the last or last-but-one boss, it’s only natural. I heard that it’s planned to have tokens as a rare loot on mobs but if you have to clean the entire dungeon to get 2 more tokens, that’s crap. Also, if you kill 20 mobs to get 10 tokens, it’s not good either. So the balance really needs to be done properly.
Also, why not adding a time factor, increasing the chances of token loots the more time you spend in dungeon ?

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Yesterday I did Sorrows End and Citadel of Flame storymode with some friends. In SE apparently I was the only one to see cutscenes, and in CoF again only one of us got to see them, they simply did not trigger for the others.

Now what we really wanted to do was Twilight Arbor, but since the patch it is impossible to enter it as a group, everyone ends up in their personal instance, if we can get in at all that is.

Please fix!!

About the token issue, I agree with previous posters saying that rewarding tokens only at the very end takes away a lot of freedom in how to make use of your gametime for many players. Why not at least stagger the token rewards, so you get very few for the first boss and increasingly more for following ones? That would still discourage speedruns and promote to actually finish a path, while not being so severe a punishment on players who can not stay for a full clearance for other reasons.

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

I waited over 60 hours to complete a dungeon run. Did TA path and got 45.
Hell, better than 5.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

First time I EVER did Citadel of Flames, second path, and got 45 tokens. Another party member who had never run explorable before got 30. Rest of the party got 60.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Cherti.6782

Cherti.6782

Citadel of Flame explorable mode.

We finished the 1st dungeon run at about 2 minutes ago (14:19 UTC +2).

I only received 45 tokens for the 1st run 3rd path again.

// Cherti – www.cherti.de

Posted by: Endro.7159

Endro.7159

Honor of the waves explorable mode.

we finished “Honor of the waves” twice today. First run first path, second run second path. Last run ended around 14:20, I got 30 tokens on the first run and 15 on the second run while guild mates got 60 tokens for first and 30 on the second.

I was in Honor of the waves 3-4 times before but that was a few days ago.

Posted by: sbabby.6470

sbabby.6470

Run 1 Citadel of Flame path 2, 26th sept time: 22.30 tokens 45
Run 2 Citadel of Flame path 1, 26th sept time 23.00 tokens 30
Run 3 Citadel of Flame path 1, 27th sept time 22.00 tokens 45
Run 4 Citadel of Flame path 2, 27th sept time 23.00 tokens 30

Posted by: bixgames.4038

bixgames.4038

posting my run
Run 1 Citadel of Flame path 2, 28th sept. time: 23.40 (italy) tokens 30

Posted by: Buck Meister.7845

Buck Meister.7845

Ran TA exp for the first time yesterday and I received 6 tokens. I ran it again today and I only received 5 tokens. Pleas fix or compensate.

Posted by: Zogg.7361

Zogg.7361

I think i got the same problem as everyone. Yesterday and today i made CM Explorable Asura Path and got only 30 seals. When all the members of my party are getting 60 seals.
Ehhh…

Posted by: Deimo.2615

Deimo.2615

Hi,

I am doing some dungeon instances with my guild from time to time. Everybody is getting proper rewards as it was described in latest patch (25.09) but i get always much less.

For example today we did 3 different chains of Honor of the Waves dungeon (first dailly run) and everybody got 60 + 60 + 60 tokens and 26 + 26 + 26 silver.
I got only 30 + 15 + 6 tokens and 13 + 6.5 + 2.6 silver.

We did follwoing chains at following times:

1. The Butcher chain 2012-09-29 (start)13:00 – 13:40(finish) (reward: 30 tokens & 13 silver)
2. The Plunderer chain 2012-09-29 (start)13:50 – 14:34(finish) (reward 15 tokens & 6.5 silver)
3. The Zealot chain 2012-09-29 (start)14:37 – 15:44(finish) (reward 6 tokens & 2.6 silver)

All times in CEST (Switzerland).
Thanks!

Posted by: bixgames.4038

bixgames.4038

Run 2 Citadel of Flame path 2, 29th sept. time: 18.15 (italy) tokens 30 (again)

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

Second path today, again 45! I’m so happy. I think I figured it out, I only have to wait about 5 hours between each dungeon, could be a bit more. Enough to live with it for another 2 days I guess.

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

Well I’m really confused on how the new system works, so far it only been burdening me. For example, I haven’t played the day before and yesturdays instead of getting 120 tokens I got:
30 tokens for clearing Magg’s Path instead of 60.
Then ONLY 15 tokens for beating that dreadful Effigy in 1st path instead of my hard earned 60…

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

Didn’t run a few days:

Yesterday: 45 tokens on up-up and forward-up
Today: 45 on up-up 30 on foward-up

Same people in squad on all occasions got the clean 60 as usual. Been like this ever since the patch and it’s coming to a point dungeons are becoming more of a frustration then a feeling of satisfaction for finishing. Given my friends get their gear with less runs while I’m still working my socks of to get it.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Ran caudecus manor with my guild explorable for the first time with my guild. 2 guys get 60, 1 get 45, 1 get 30 and i got 15. The system is just really weird.

Cherti.6782

Arah explorable mode.

We finished the 1st dungeon run at about 3 minutes ago (22:19 UTC +2).

I only received 45 tokens for the 1st run 1st path again.

Posted by: Utuu.5740

Utuu.5740

Getting 6 only here, i always get 6, always. First time second time doesn’t matter, 6 only.

Posted by: Joji.5348

Joji.5348

So, Although we have not Heard any Official Word From Anet, It Appears That we are expected to suck it up UntiL The Next Update. This does not set a good precedent for the company especially when you have possibly their main competitor Riot, giving out ip boosts whenever the servers go down or extended lag, effectively disrupting the players experience, which this dungeon token fiasco is akin to. Although it might be difficult, with the achievement setup you have, might you have the records of who has done what, and how many tokens we have received?
Weird capitals = jellybean screwing up my Japanese beta swype, my apologies.

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

I don’t think Riot is their main competitor. lol

They have much bigger to worry about.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Actually Hrouda warned us from days to stop to play dungeons until fixed.
I and many others didn’t waste our time for a lottery of tokens.
It’s your fault if you don’t read dev’s posts but just log, post a complain and logoff

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

Posted by: haschel.7180

haschel.7180

First time doing an explorable mode dungeon since an early attempt in late August at AC. Received 30 tokens for a full run in COF Path 1 (Effigy) and 15 tokens for COF Path 2 (Scholar Magg) while at least one groupmate (all groupmates were representing the same guild) received 60 each time. Bug reported submitted immediately after each run under this account, see those for greater detail. Remarkably disappointed in the solution to the farming problem and even more disappointed in its implementation.

Posted by: railgun.8917

railgun.8917

I was doing the 2nd path of Crucible of Eternity which took me about 1 hour and 30 minutes to finish. When I finished, and beat the final boss, I went up a path of stairs and got teleported out of the dungeon and fell from the sky into the water. While falling, I received an award of ONE Knowledge Crystal. The text above the knowledge crystal was something along the lines of “I foiled the mission” or something to that extent. Was this intended…? And for what possible explanation should warrant such a conclusion?

Posted by: Tim.1387

Tim.1387

Time: 10:58pm EST
Dungeon: Ascalonian Catacombs (Detha Path)
Cleared Time: Started at 10:20pm EST
Tokens Received: 45 tokens
Tokens for Party: 60 tokens

This was my FIRST dungeon run in at least three days in an explorable mode. I do not understand this. I was there for every boss fight, I did not die unlike my companions (all but one were guildmates). I truly do not understand this.

Dandelioness – Guardian (L80/R10)

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Time 23:05
Dungeon: Honor of the Waves (Butcher)
Tokens received: 45
Party: 60 (another player got 30).

This is my first time ever doing that dungeon in explorable mode. This is my 2nd explorable mode dungeon ever after an AC explorable that also gave me 45 tokens rather than 60.

This is unaccepable.

Not doing dungeon explorable content until this is adressed.

NSP Why bother?….

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

Anet why is this so difficult to understand? Why are you overcomplicating this so much?

1. Make the end reward known BEFORE entry. I dont mean let people know what random drops they will get.
2. If you want to limit farming, stop being SHADY ABOUT IT and start putting actual lockouts on instances.
3. Don’t want them to farm a place more than once per hour? LOCK IT. Do NOT sit behind the shadows and put a horrible reward at the end that they didnt know was coming. GIVE THE FULL REWARD every time the instance comes out of ‘cooldown’
4. Giving the full reward at the end is FLAWED and an archaic old and horrible method of reward. Did you guy learn NOTHING from your past or what other MMOs did right?

This promotes activity in a larger range of instances at the same time lets people know what to expect from a place so they can make a rational personal choice wither to spend their time going or not.

Why are you not doing this? Who is making these horrible delicious? STOP IT. WE ARE GETTING FRUSTRATED.

(edited by paultimate.8790)

Posted by: Psoadicus.3409

Psoadicus.3409

Time: 00:53 est
Completion Time: Just under 2 hours
Dungeon: Twilight Arbor (Henge of Denravi)
Token received: 6
Party: 60 (another guildie got 15)

First time ever running the zone. Not upset as it is a bug but noting for testing/data purposes.

Posted by: Hand Of Caos.5420

Hand Of Caos.5420

i believe that is right to nerf when there are problems or a lot of farm, but i believe it is important to let us to play too.
You nerfed CoF but now a lot of people can’ t enter, and it isn’ t right if some people can and others not. Leaves 5 days after update, and we have to wait tomorrow to play? We did week end without an important DG.. come on arenanet

Posted by: Hot To Go.2608

Hot To Go.2608

Hi,

I spent most of today doing runs of magg and run three in the fire legion. I consistently got far less than my room mate who was doing the runs with me, sometimes getting as little as 2 tokens for my efforts when he would get 10 or 20. I did run three for the first time ever just 15 minutes ago and got 15 tokens when I should have got 60 (we did not exploit whatsoever, the other players got proper token allocation). All up I think I have missed out on about 200 tokens.

Hope the information helps fix this problem, very frustrating.

Posted by: Llanowar.1603

Llanowar.1603

Time: 17:20 est
Area: Caudicus Manor
Reward:15 tokens

My group and I complete CM explorable yesterday. This was my first time ever running it and once again while most of my party received the 60 token reward I was only given 15. I see now that you guys are planning a patch for Monday which is great, but is there any plan for redistributing the tokens for those people affected? Not that I ultra upset about it because well I enjoyed doing the dungeons, it would just be nice to get the rewards adjusted if possible

Cherti.6782

Arah explorable mode.

We finished the 1st dungeon run at about 2 minutes ago (17:40 UTC +2).

I only received 45 tokens for the 1st run 2nd path again.

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Twilight Arbor Explorable, we’ve run 2 paths with the same group.

On 1st path, everyone got 60.
On the 2nd path, 3 people got 60, 2 people (including me) got 45.

I have NOT run that dungeon (or any other, thanks to your BRILLIANT coding: fun? really? lol) for over a week.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

PS For more than one person (me included) this run also didn’t count towards the achievement.
I’ve never run that path before, but it didn’t count.

I’d edit my post but your forum code is of similar brilliant quality and all the buttons are gone.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: SilenceBlack.4973

SilenceBlack.4973

Ascalon Catacombs and Crucible of Eternity explorable mode today.

1st path of AC, reward: 30 tokens (first time that i took this path ever, i get the achievement correctly) duration: less than 45 min
2nd path of AC, reward: 15 tokens (last time i took this path was about 48h ago) duration: less than 45 min
2nd path of CoE, reward: 6 tokens (last time i took this path was about 48h ago) duration: 1 h 30 min

In all the three dungeons other party members received 60 tokens except for 2 party members at Coe that were bugged and received 15 tokens and 20 tokens

Posted by: dottek.3461

dottek.3461

What a crap…. yeasterday I did 3 routes in TA and get only 110 tokens. Today in my first run today I get 5! tokens and in second Run 15? Rly is it that hard to give everybody 60 tokens after instance clear ?
Why do you need to badly punish normal players for few kitten cheaters
? And It is broken 5 days now WTF???

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

only ting u havend nerf is the bomb door it still realy hard only way to it bring specal elemental with u and the call it the new 15min speed run

Cherti.6782

Arah explorable mode.

We finished the 2nd dungeon run at about 3 minutes ago (20:33 UTC +2).

I only received 30 tokens for the 1st run 3rd path again.